AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-06-30, 23:28   Link #41
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Nice start. Fairly entertaining. Excellent character design and animation, I thought, especially Ookami-san, and her face in particular. I saw ufotable (and Xebec and Zexcs) mentioned in the animation credits, although this is a JC Staff show.

Good voices for the two lead women (Itou Shizuka and Itou Kanae) and the narrator (Arai Satomi). And with the added and unexpected bonus of Hayami Saori playing the Haibara girl (such a beautiful voice).

And I quite enjoyed May'n's OP (played as an ED this week).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 23:51   Link #42
Tom Bombadil

Well, the main guy is a failure. His confession pretty much said it all.
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2010-07-01, 03:23   Link #43
Scython

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Well, the main guy is a failure. His confession pretty much said it all.
Spoiler for spoiler:
Sounds like a bro to me. Can't wait to pick this up later today.
Scython is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 03:41   Link #44
Lenalee08

Fairly very impressive episode 1 Loved all the voices, character designs, animation, etc. I'm in love with Ookami Ryouko. Very solid start for Summer 2010.
Lenalee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 04:43   Link #45
konart

Boring... I've seen all this stuff numerous times already.
Old 2010-07-01, 05:04   Link #46
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep1:
Old 2010-07-01, 05:10   Link #47
Xacual

I think the Narrator was the best part of the episode by far.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 05:22   Link #48
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
... did you watch the episode that I watched?

The thought boring didn't even come up once for me throughout the whole episode.

Things that did not appear in recent anime:
  • Absolutely freaking hilarious narrator (lol Kuroko, you didn't complain about Mikoto's boob size!!!).
  • Totally wtf butchering of classic fairy tales.
  • Delicious thighs.
  • Rarely used phobia and ... addiction/attraction?

Things that did appear in recent anime (but is not boring):
  • Fast paced episode well laced with action and romance.
  • Delicious flat chest.
  • Awesome OP.
  • Ridiculous side characters.

I don't know man. This episode was pretty damn win for me. I actually lol'd twice (1st kick and 2nd kick). If I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY have to nitpick and say something bad about the episode, it would be that it seems like the "case of the week" will be more interesting than the central storyline (if there is one); this in itself isn't exactly bad either.

Also, Ryouko > Taiga <__<.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 05:47   Link #49
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Okami also ressemble as Horo from Spice and Wolf.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 06:22   Link #50
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

LOL, episode 1 was a good episode. XD
And what a confession too...
Old 2010-07-01, 06:58   Link #51
Preacher

Had very high expectations for this show at this season, and thus both relieved and disappointed a bit with a first episode.

The drawing is supertb (though reminds me of Railgun way to often)
Character design an instant hit (with exception of the Club President)
Humour is good
Ookami surprisingly is not a clone of Zero and Taiga (wich one expected from JC Staff after watching preview)

The only thing missing... integrity. The first episode basically looked like number of randomly mixed slice of life comedy type moments and plot elements. It introduced characters, but didnt really had an ok plot by itself, neither any clues on what direction the plot would develop (the "opening" ending, was more informative then whole episode).

So in this particular case its impression of randomly made salad - all components are superb, but mixed in this proportion and way create yet no superb dish.

Still, i really hope this show develop to be a real hit. The components are great (yet after Maoy Neko i am cautious on expectations that show might improve after first episodes..), now what lacks and to be presented in a future episodes - how it all mixes up.

To summ it up: not a bad show. Its quite good actually. But at the moment, the summ of parts is much greater then the whole.
Old 2010-07-01, 07:05   Link #52
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

The use of scopophobia is interesting. Really lol at how Morino always cover in fear with all those stares. Also the OP is pretty catchy. And yes nice legs from Ookami :P. Hope this show gets even better.
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 07:11   Link #53
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I think the Narrator was the best part of the episode by far.
Same here. Before I realized it, I was only paying attention to Arai's voice.
The main guy is plain pathetic and Ookami could have been an interesting character if she didn't turn out to be our very generic tsundere.

I will keep watching, but this first episode disappointed me a bit u_u'.
Old 2010-07-01, 07:16   Link #54
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
... did you watch the episode that I watched?

The thought boring didn't even come up once for me throughout the whole episode.

Things that did not appear in recent anime:
  • Absolutely freaking hilarious narrator (lol Kuroko, you didn't complain about Mikoto's boob size!!!).
  • Totally wtf butchering of classic fairy tales.
  • Delicious thighs.
  • Rarely used phobia and ... addiction/attraction?

Things that did appear in recent anime (but is not boring):
  • Fast paced episode well laced with action and romance.
  • Delicious flat chest.
  • Awesome OP.
  • Ridiculous side characters.

I don't know man. This episode was pretty damn win for me. I actually lol'd twice (1st kick and 2nd kick). If I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY have to nitpick and say something bad about the episode, it would be that it seems like the "case of the week" will be more interesting than the central storyline (if there is one); this in itself isn't exactly bad either.

Also, Ryouko > Taiga <__<.
What's so f***ing hilarious about Kuroko?
Totally wtf butchering of classic fairy tales. - maybe, not interested though
Delicious thighs - every damn second anime for the last couple of years.
"Rarely used phobia" and what? This already makes this sound like a win? You must be joking, srsly.

I'll wait till next episode, or two, but as of now - it's just compilation of the most recent animus for me.
Old 2010-07-01, 07:20   Link #55
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Was poking around Mazui when I saw this subbed. For lack of anything to watch this season I decided to give it a try.

That said, that has to be one of the most pathetic confessions I've ever had the misfortune of witnessing. As a man I feel embarrassed by gender association. I feel the need to apologize to every woman in this thread on his behalf.

In most cases however the typical male lead who suffers from social and attention fears (and... uh... extremely in this case...) and becomes the cowardly punching bag would tend to annoy me, but in Ryoushi's case it's actually pretty hilarious and a tad bit sad. At least aside from a confession I henceforth refuse to acknowledge, they aren't making him completely pathetic, even if his fears are pretty much debilitating.

The motifs/homages of classic fairy tales are actually kind of interesting. The blatant whole Cinderella thing with the pumpkin carriage and the left behind rubber shoe was rather sweet. The similarities to Toradora! are actually rather obvious if a bit superficial if you look beyond Okami looking like a taller Taiga (complete with pettanko!). Like Yuji who was more akin to a homemaker of sorts, Ryoushi is the more... effeminate of the two. Like Taiga who is more brutish and masculine, Okami is the more manly of the two.

In the end I actually was really surprised I enjoyed this episode. There was a time when I thought all these cliches and tropes were already bland and overused and I'd never really enjoy it again, but Toradora! proved me wrong. I might actually be able to expect similar things here.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 07:33   Link #56
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Agreed. Felt pretty flat to me. Everything's sure pretty though, and Itou Shizuka is a plus. Hope it gets better.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 07:53   Link #57
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Having Kuroko narrator was an isntant fail to me. Hate the voice so having to listen to that again definitely put a lot of pressure on my ears. Listening to vuvuzelas is less painful.

The main guy was utterly pathetic. He makes even Shinji Ikari look like Rambo. Is it even possible to make anyone more wimp? Sure the phobias and whatever but his character looks like a puddle of piss and even the hidden snipping skills and the overused try hard attitude doesnt save this crap of a character.

On a good side - the artwork was good. The heroine is a mix between Taiga and Horo in a way so is interesting in both looks and personality and has an intriguing neko punching gloves...

But all and all - disappointing anime so far. Was expecting more. Maybe it will turn out better later.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 08:00   Link #58
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

Been eagerly waiting for this since the winter preview and now it's finally here! Ep 1 was fantastic!! Love the art, animation & chara designs -- the show just screams quality! The fairy tale spoof theme + school setting is great fun too! And man, Kuroko as the narrator is just genius!! Can't wait for the next episode++
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 08:07   Link #59
Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
On a good side - the artwork was good. The heroine is a mix between Taiga and Horo in a way so is interesting in both looks and personality and has an intriguing neko punching gloves...
Taiga...

Horo..

Heroman`s Joey after him becoming more manly!
Old 2010-07-01, 08:28   Link #60
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
I can imagine someone making an Avatar of the last, 6 seconds of the episode looped anytime now. Pervy lol.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen