AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-07-06, 15:59   Link #101
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I used to speed as well, but I find since I've turned 20 I've gradually slowed down until I naturally just enjoy driving the speed limit now.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 16:12   Link #102
Kyuu
=^^=

If anyone is here punished for any major crime, you wouldn't be here anyways.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 16:15   Link #103
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
If anyone is here punished for any major crime, you wouldn't be here anyways.
I would not be so sure, here you can get special privileges (air conditioners, sattelite dishs, etc.) for $$$, guess what would ask for?
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 17:36   Link #104
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Never been caught so why confess.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 19:20   Link #105
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by grylsyjaeger View Post
Never been caught so why confess.
People here are not confessing, they are boasting about their exploits, big difference.
Old 2012-07-06, 20:55   Link #106
Dr. Casey

all of them

well actually not really, but I did eat some grapes at a grocery store without paying when I was three
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 23:15   Link #107
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
People here are not confessing, they are boasting about their exploits, big difference.
And they are boasting on a public forum where IP addresses can be tracked back to the user.

I'm just saying I ain't posting anything that will come back to haunt me twenty years down the track when someone finds something I bragged about on a forum.

Old 2012-07-07, 02:00   Link #108
Destined_Fate

None. I was raised on the belief that I shouldn't do things to others I wouldn't like done to myself. Though this has lead to "friends" trying to take advantage of me but, eh.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 02:24   Link #109
Dr. Casey

Quote:
And they are boasting on a public forum where IP addresses can be tracked back to the user.

I'm just saying I ain't posting anything that will come back to haunt me twenty years down the track when someone finds something I bragged about on a forum.
Please don't tell the police about my eating the grapes, my mom made sure to pay for them once she caught me. ;_;
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 02:55   Link #110
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Speeding, I guess. ~$500 is my largest speeding ticket (California on the I5 + world's grumpiest police officer ever). Most of my tickets have been thrown out, but that one was one of the few that didn't. :/ I actually speed (I'm not talking about going 5 over the limit...we're talking about 15+ over the limit, and I'm certainly not talking about going over the ridiculously slow 25/35 mph speed limits that not even old ladies follow), less and less as I grow older, but every once in a while I continue to bare my inner 15 year old on the road. Usually when there's a line a mile long going 40 miles an hour on the highway for no reason other than people being too afraid to pass on a double lane highway. Even in my old age, this still bugs the crap out of me and causes all sorts of road rage to bubble up.

I got a parking ticket once, for not parking parallel to a curb. Don't think that's actually a crime though. Certainly not something that goes on your record.

I suppose I trespassed a few times in my life, especially when I was a teenager.

Never been inside a holding cell, though I've always wanted to be arrested at a riot, just once. Only been to a few in my life, and never got remotely close to being arrested. I kind of envy the baby boomers for all the activism that they got to participate in (regardless of whether the intentions were pure, heh).

Not really a crime, but I did get to experience having a bunch of semi-automatics pointed at me once. Note: When given the opportunity to go 'behind the scenes' on a space shuttle launch, don't do anything suspicious.

I'm sure there are all sorts of digital crimes I've committed, but I think I'll gloss over those.

I suppose, with how many laws exist in America these days, I've probably inadvertently committed plenty of other crimes I'm blissfully unaware of as well.

Oh, and like many others, I'm sure, I suppose technically I broke a law by losing my virginity earlier than the age of consent (age of consent being something I didn't even realize existed until I was in my early 20s, well after the deed). Though, I've never really understood that law, so it's possible I've totally misinterpreted it, though I seem to recall a very public case in the south where some teenage african american was sent to jail for rape just for having sex under the age of consent. Crazy.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 06:10   Link #111
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Please don't tell the police about my eating the grapes, my mom made sure to pay for them once she caught me. ;_;
You can never run for Parliament now.

Old 2012-07-07, 06:40   Link #112
antediluvian
Before the Deluge

I assaulted my older brother with a broom the day I received my high school diploma from my school's principal. He's bipolar and was having a manic episode. You can take that as basically beating the shit out of me and wrecking our house. He went outside and I took the opportunity to lock him out. He saw my bedroom window open and tried climbing through it, and I shoved the broom I had in my room into his chest to knock him away from the window.

He wasn't injured, mind you, but years of the police dealing with shit concerning my brother, they took an easier route and penalized me for keeping a raving lunatic from murdering me. He called the police and said I locked him out, and that I had assaulted him with the broom.

The sergeant that responded was new and didn't know my brother's record, so he took the red mark on my brother's chest as evidence of an aggravated assault and arrested me, almost breaking any compassion I had for humanity. At the station, however, some of the officers more familiar with my brother spoke to the sergeant who was handling the charges against me, and although they couldn't release me on the spot for some stupid face saving reason, they drove me to the courthouse on Monday for my bond hearing and neither my brother or a representative of the police department appeared to formally represent the victim and so I was released on an I bond and the case dropped.

It rattled me for years on end. I still have issues with the police because of it. I try my very hardest not to hate their fucking guts. The dropped charge is still on my record and affecting me.
antediluvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 08:59   Link #113
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
You can never run for Parliament now.
Why not?
That's where the biggest criminals reside!
Old 2012-07-07, 09:11   Link #114
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:

If this were facebook that might be feasible, otherwise the only danger is if a friend/familiar who know your username reads this thread. Such level of paranoia means you were bad, bad, bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Never been inside a holding cell, though I've always wanted to be arrested at a riot, just once.
Oh, me, me, me. I remember it quite clearly, it was in the wee hours of the day, before daylight, they did not throw me inside a county cell per se since they were all FULL (seems there was a soccer match the same night), I must have been looking quite grumpy standing in the corridor since my shirt was completely covered in human blood. Oh, sorry to disappoint you, but that blood was mine, it went out trought my nose since I totalled my car hitting a lamppost, seems I slept at the driving wheel (and no, I did not had a drop of alcohol in my veins, I was returning home from a night of playing D&D). Since I had damaged goverment property the authority threw a teenager in jail, isn't that dandy? Oh, I had insurance, it wasn't like I had any motivation to run away so I would not pay. Believe it or not I did not had one broken bone or internal damage after going from 80km/h to zero in a second, when the ambulance (that happened to find me by sheer luck) crew saw the car they thought I was a goner and when I walked (throught the other door, the drivers door was closed for good due to the crash) outside they thought I was in some kind of high induced by adrenaline and told me to lie down.

Several years I almost was inside a cell again, when a drunken bastard driving his car hit MY car from behind (the trunk in the back dissapeared (compressed) due to the collision) while I was waiting for a green light, since he did not had the security belt on his head destroyed his car frontal glass and since there was blood I was supposed to go to jail, dandy, isn't it?