AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-06, 13:55   Link #2201
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDooM View Post
Spoiler:
Well, for what I remember....

Spoiler for kinda big spoiler:
Old 2013-01-06, 14:52   Link #2202
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
Poor Mayumi...now that picture of creepy-Tatsuya makes a lot more sense.
And just to add the icing on the cake - she STAYED! ^_^

Now let's send the video feed to Miyuki...
Old 2013-01-06, 16:33   Link #2203
Dreyakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Well, for what I remember....

Spoiler for kinda big spoiler:
Spoiler for Correction:

Click here to see the current progression for the last chapter on Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei!
Old 2013-01-06, 16:44   Link #2204
blackwhite67
Banned

Spoiler for The Girl:

But seriously, is this even plausible. Let's put ourselves in this girl's position and some shady guys with even shadier motivations appear. Would we actually agree to their plans? Could we be so consumed in vengeance that we cold be manipulated into doing their bidding?
Old 2013-01-06, 17:21   Link #2205
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Spoiler for The Girl:

But seriously, is this even plausible. Let's put ourselves in this girl's position and some shady guys with even shadier motivations appear. Would we actually agree to their plans? Could we be so consumed in vengeance that we cold be manipulated into doing their bidding?
Spoiler for People are retards.:
Old 2013-01-06, 17:46   Link #2206
for3ver
The Lost Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Spoiler for The Girl:

i personally don't believe it to be plausible, if you want revenge, then you need to do it yourself, not reliant on others (let alone assistance from shady men)

besides, revenge is something you do because you hold a grudge or something rather against the person correct? what satisfaction can come from getting it with the assistance of others?

then again here's some food for thought , the whole idea of revenge is just a persons own ego consuming them, to live we consume, for our own happiness we take it away from others. the process merely builds >>
Old 2013-01-06, 18:17   Link #2207
bloodyclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by for3ver View Post
i personally don't believe it to be plausible, if you want revenge, then you need to do it yourself, not reliant on others (let alone assistance from shady men)

besides, revenge is something you do because you hold a grudge or something rather against the person correct? what satisfaction can come from getting it with the assistance of others?

then again here's some food for thought , the whole idea of revenge is just a persons own ego consuming them, to live we consume, for our own happiness we take it away from others. the process merely builds >>
hmm.. well in real life, more than likely revenge is driven by ones own desire and it will be quite hard to find those that have similar motives to you. But in the mahoukaverse, there is the inclusion of magic. If we were to compare, knowing tats, it'd be like trying to get revenge of the president for some reason. He'd be untouchable and the person taking the revenge most likely cannot do it by him or herself. :3
Old 2013-01-06, 18:26   Link #2208
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreyakis View Post
Spoiler for Correction:
Spoiler for Okashira was right :x:
Old 2013-01-06, 18:45   Link #2209
for3ver
The Lost Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodyclaws View Post
hmm.. well in real life, more than likely revenge is driven by ones own desire and it will be quite hard to find those that have similar motives to you. But in the mahoukaverse, there is the inclusion of magic. If we were to compare, knowing tats, it'd be like trying to get revenge of the president for some reason. He'd be untouchable and the person taking the revenge most likely cannot do it by him or herself. :3
there are plenty of other methods for getting revenge, instead of just focusing on the target (which in this case, would more or less get you killed)

besides, the higher the hurdle, the better the satisfaction

(not that im encouraging anything here gentlemen )
Old 2013-01-06, 19:08   Link #2210
bloodyclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by for3ver View Post
there are plenty of other methods for getting revenge, instead of just focusing on the target (which in this case, would more or less get you killed)

besides, the higher the hurdle, the better the satisfaction

(not that im encouraging anything here gentlemen )
haha true enough.

Though only problem is she is an amateur high school girl who doesn't know any better. Shes not from the 10 families and she doesn't have the resources.

Plus, its true that the higher the hurdle, the better the satisfaction, but I think the hurdle.... may be a bit out of reach :P
Old 2013-01-08, 17:51   Link #2211
Dreyakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticAxiom View Post
Spoiler for People are retards.:
Spoiler:

Click here to see the current progression for the last chapter on Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei!
Old 2013-01-08, 18:08   Link #2212
Chimurry

I think from I heard (read summaries should be the correct to say) its like when Mayumi talked with Azusa outside main building during 9 schools competitions or Shizuku and Honoka talk about how helpless they feel try to compete against Tats and Miyuki, on Vamps arc:
Spoiler for Miyuki power:

So put simple its like: don't worry you have strong points on the area they're weak, something consolation to avoid the overwhelming feeling of being in front of people which power its so high you will consider HAX (some of this was pointed by Yamanaka).

@Dreyakis: thanks for your job on BT, I think I missing staff, but so far i understand you are the the one leading the efforts.
Old 2013-01-10, 01:58   Link #2213
willx
Nyaaan~~

So I read the first part of Vol 5, "Elections" chapter again and man, does it still seem out of place. Considering how easily any of the girls blush and the only occupants of the student council room are Tatsuya, Suzune, Mari, Miyuki, Mayumi and Azusa.. I can't understand how that conversation is even possible. Even if we assume both Suzune and Mari are having premarital sex.. Who's saying "I wanted to wear white.." "He pushed me forcefully into bed.." etc.

Before anyone comments, this is not a "My waifus!!" outburst, but more concern about the discontinuity - especially when in Vol 2, Tatsuya thought simply speaking about "hustling" a girl was an inappropriate topic to discuss in front of Miyuki. It seems like the author went temporarily insane and added that .. And then took the characters back completely the other way (with Mayumi's severe blushing in Vol 6)

Anyways, it is so out of character it is jarring, I mean I can imagine general classmates and teenage girls talking about those topics, just not those Student Council members. Is it just me?

Last edited by willx; 2013-01-10 at 02:08.
Old 2013-01-10, 02:22   Link #2214
Dreyakis

It is what it is. (Methinks the author is trolling a select portion of the fanbase to sell more volumes.)

Volume 6 Chapter 4 is out, for those interested.

Old 2013-01-10, 02:46   Link #2215
Ddraig

Thank you for the update. That was funny.
Spoiler for class:
Old 2013-01-10, 03:01   Link #2216
Mentar
Banned

Yay for c4 ... though it kinda ruins my day plan. Well, you can't have it all...

*off to read*
Old 2013-01-10, 04:08   Link #2217
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraig View Post
Thank you for the update. That was funny.
Spoiler for class:
Spoiler for RPG Class:
Old 2013-01-10, 04:24   Link #2218
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Dreyakis:

Many thanks for the chapter

*cheers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
Spoiler for RPG Class:
That's exactly what i was going to post
Old 2013-01-10, 06:35   Link #2219
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

thx 4 hardwork..

still, cant wait election chapter to be finished...
dat's nice combo between erica & leo....
if tatsuya who's d'one ambush dat agen, i doubt he could ran away..
Old 2013-01-10, 06:43   Link #2220
CNine
Inactive Member

i dont know why i get the feeling that this LN has same fate as

Spoiler for FATE:
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings