AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-05-02, 20:51   Link #381
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Jeez, what's with the snippy response? You said "thanks to Cartoon Network", and as far as I know, CN is wrapped up with 4Kids, so I thought it was possible that you're just talking about satellite reception. It's not that dumb of a question. Consider yourself lucky, the spanish dub is much better. Even though they turned Usopp into a Moroccan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
dumb question.

Do you live in USA, Canada, or anywhere in the world where English is the native language?

My post meant for native Spanish speakers.
If you live in Latin America (save for Brazil), Spanish language = Spanish dub.

Or do I have to explain you with more technicisms?
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 21:11   Link #382
chucky
Always impatient

Quote:
Consider yourself lucky, the spanish dub is much better. Even though they turned Usopp into a Moroccan.
Another poor Muslim country....
chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-23, 21:26   Link #383
Ogata
Underling

D-51 singing the new opening is it already out yet? Btw what about the ending to the tribute to Robin. When does that get released?

Thanks On a side note I watched 264, What happened to Blueno?

Last edited by Ogata; 2006-05-24 at 01:59.
Ogata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 06:50   Link #384
shonosuke

Should I skip fillers or are they intresting?
After episode 195 should i change to the manga?
When do other subbers pick up one piece?
Whats the EXACT diffrence between manga and anime?
shonosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 15:28   Link #385
Chuixupu
Shikachu

I haven't seen the fillers that start at 195, but a lot of people seem to like that one. Might as well give it a chance. The others subs pick up at 220. It's hard to say what the "exact" differences are. They're very similar, the anime just tends to add more stuff. There are only a few cases where something was cut or changed.
Old 2006-07-01, 01:13   Link #386
NinjaxAnbu

Send a message via ICQ to NinjaxAnbu Send a message via AIM to NinjaxAnbu Send a message via MSN to NinjaxAnbu
G8 is actually one of the better fillers in One Piece. It is not bad but you can skip it.
NinjaxAnbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 21:48   Link #387
Chuixupu
Shikachu

I agree, so far I have been really enjoying G8, I wouldn't recommend skipping it.
Old 2006-08-14, 20:19   Link #388
Gaggarin

<------Contains spoilers------>
(but this whole thread is full of them I belive)

My god, I'm right now on ep 193, and I've just NOW realised something..

All the main characters are immortal!!

You can fry their brains with lightning, pierce their bodies with spears and swords, throw them down 1000 meter cliffs, and drain all the water from their bodies. I wouldn't be too surprised if you could cut off their heads and they would still survive. They would just go to bed for an hour or so and then they would be fit for fight again. I mean, how fun is it to watch a series where the main characters aren't really in any mortal damage?

Apparantly very much fun, since I'm already at 193 :/

*edit* forgot a question mark

*EDIT2* Just finished watching 193, and Enel, being a "god" and all, and also having that mantra, is still not very good at knowing when people are dead is he?

Last edited by Gaggarin; 2006-08-14 at 20:42.
Gaggarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 21:19   Link #389
eph

Not just the main characters. The bad guys and minor characters don't die either.

One Piece is very toon-like (Oda said that the stretchiness in his art was influenced by American cartoons). But I don't think they'd survive being beheaded. Even One Piece has its limits.

I don't think Enel ever said they were dead.

Last edited by eph; 2006-08-14 at 21:36.
eph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 21:39   Link #390
Gaggarin

Yeah I might have exaggerated the beheading part a bit. I doubt that, when he was talking about being influenced by American cartoons, he meant being influenced by Itchy and Scratchy

By the way, If G8 is a filler, how do they get down in the manga? is it the same, only that they don't land in that base?
Old 2006-08-14, 21:40   Link #391
noktown

They are not immortal,they just dont get into situations like that,luffy is too lucky :d,nami,usopp and chopper,they r cowards,so they almost dont fight :d,zoro,sanji and robin,don fight main bad guy,so not so dangerous,but sometimes its dangerous for'em too,but i think it wouldnt be interesting if luffy loses and dies to the 1st enemie he meets ;d,but in the end i think luffy and his crew will end up like last pirate king or only luffy,i think when he becomes pirate king a few years later i think he'll be just bored,cuz he's the best and if he finds One Piece,so nothing even more interesting to see in this world,so i think he'll just let marines capture him,but thats what i think,but the part bout luffy becomes pirate king i'm 100% sure he will

P.S. Sry for my English
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 21:49   Link #392
eph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaggarin
By the way, If G8 is a filler, how do they get down in the manga? is it the same, only that they don't land in that base?
It's the same in the manga, but they don't land in G8.
eph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 22:08   Link #393
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaggarin
*EDIT2* Just finished watching 193, and Enel, being a "god" and all, and also having that mantra, is still not very good at knowing when people are dead is he?
Enel likes to think a little too highly of himself. He's not a god, just a man with a DF ability, and mantra is only a technique, it's not perfect. He can only use it to hear the voices of the people, so they might only be unconcious, not dead.
Old 2006-08-14, 22:44   Link #394
Gaggarin

Red face

Quote:
It's the same in the manga, but they don't land in G8.
Ok thx for the info Eph!

Quote:
Enel likes to think a little too highly of himself. He's not a god, just a man with a DF ability, and mantra is only a technique, it's not perfect. He can only use it to hear the voices of the people, so they might only be unconcious, not dead.
Yeah he's really full of himself and I didn't really believe he was a god, hence the ("") marks , but not being able to kill ANYONE of those peeps? That's just plain stupid *edit* Oh and I always thought that by voices, he didn't actually mean just that, but more of like the "sound" of the soul. Something like a sixth sense. That he could "sense" them, not just hear what they say.

Anyway, I'm not trying to flame this otherwise great anime, I'm just having some problems with a few of the episodes. But hey, I did hate Ussop for at least 50 eps but he kinda grows on you. Still have problems with those stupid lips though So I guess I won't feel the same later on

One more thing, since I'm on a roll here. Isn't it kinda stupid with Zoro lifting all those weights? I can understand Luffy having super powers since he has eaten the devil fruit and also the other people who apparently has some kinda growth dissorder, but an ordinary man lifting at least 10 tons? that's alot of weight for human bones to carry but on the other hand.. He's not really "ordinary" is he?.

And yes: I know it's a cartoon

*EDIT*
Quote:
Not just the main characters. The bad guys and minor characters don't die either.

Now I know what you mean Eph. I was sure that Bellamy recieved a fatal blow from Luffy. And it took me all these episodes just to realise that this cartoon is really a... Cartoon... Made for children..

Sure, there is some blood, but since they never die I think this would, in sweden, be classed at age 8.

Damn.. I'm 19 years too late :/ *walks over to his dvd, sits down, and watches some silver fang* - I feel so betrayed!

Last edited by Gaggarin; 2006-08-19 at 17:02.
Old 2006-08-21, 21:53   Link #395
poopatrip
Luffyfan

Quote:
Now I know what you mean Eph. I was sure that Bellamy recieved a fatal blow from Luffy. And it took me all these episodes just to realise that this cartoon is really a... Cartoon... Made for children..
i forget if this is just in the manga or in the anime 2 but...
"may be a spoiler "
Code:
bellamy does die latter
as a matter of fact there is alot of deaths that ppl just look over
for instance.. Gol D, Roger, Namis stepmom, choppers Dr guy(blows himself up), Zoro's little grilfrend, Usoop's mom, Shank's arm;), and im not positive but that ball dude from skyarc doesent come back(correct me if im wrong), the jello guy from movie 4, random guy #7:)
the list goes on
poopatrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 05:57   Link #396
S_C_L-1

^ not to mention the thousands of marines in the EL part of the water 7 arc... and altho they didnt die (u know who), i think that it was well set up so it wouldnt feel forced...

yeah, his main influence was tommy and jerry... u know... get an anvil dropped on him and survives kinda thing... so, altho it might pass as a "childrens show" because of that, it DID give birth to the coolest rubber character ever (seriously, the fantastic 4 got nothing on the strawhats)...

Also, theres the fact that Enel grew up in a place where rubber doesnt exist... where they dont use electricity like we do... etc...

so its really no surprise that his DF powers would mentally mess him up so much...
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 12:32   Link #397
CaptaaaaainUsopp
BraveWarrioroftheSea

One Piece started off with a murder. The fat guy in Shanks crew shot the mountain bandit. Many die, but only those who have it coming to them. Luffy is building an impressive collection of foiled enemies who if unite for the common cause of killing Luffy may prove to be formidable.
CaptaaaaainUsopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 18:21   Link #398
tidus0728

Quote:
The fat guy in Shanks crew shot the mountain bandit.
Wow, completely forgot about that guy.
And yes, there certainly are many that die in One Piece.
Although most of them are not very important characters. Bandit, pirates in movie 4, pirates that crocodile killed, Enel's hometown, townsforks of Ohara (not scholars ) etc. Although it appears more die in movies then in anime, or manga.
tidus0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 18:52   Link #399
S_C_L-1

theres litterally thousands of deaths in OP... im so tired of the whoal "no one dies" thing... its just that the IMPORTANT deaths are the ones that Oda emphasizes on...

Spoiler:
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 05:55   Link #400
choccolatechic

hi everyone, im new to to one piece forums, but ive's seen all the episodes so far and reading up to date with the manga. i would just like to know. what does anyone think the void history is about? and, do you think luffy is somewhat connected to Gold Roger or according to Dr. Kureha he was known before as "Gol D. Roger"?

Here's what I think.
-Knowing that Dr. Kureha is 139 years old, she probably knows something about the void history
-Also, she mentioned in ep. 91 about someone named "D", right?
-I dont think that was the pirate king but someone much greater than him
-That someone much greater than Roger is probably involved in the void history too.
-"D" may be a leader of some kind of a clan and all of his decendants has carried on the middle intial of "D".
-Some characters that we know has the name "D" in their names are Luffy, Ace, Roger, and Saulo.
-I think that whoever "D" was, he was extremely powerful
-One reason I think this is because the government itself didnt want to know any infos on this "void histoty",
and anyone who tries to get even the slightest clues about it is considered a criminal.
-Infos about "D" is top secret, and Robin's biggest role in One Piece would be to uncover all these mysteries.

What do you guys think?
choccolatechic is offline   Reply With Quote