AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-13, 02:29   Link #101
Somedude

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
Something else thats a little odd I noticed -- where exactly do they fit everything in that mobile carrier of theirs? That cybot Jango is fairly large, and from the OP we see that a considerable amount of the carrier is just for opening up to launch Jango.

But then you see the inside and theres the kitchen/eating area, the bathroom, a bedroom area obviously, probably some type of TV room, Amy's control center for Jango, and obviously there needs to be room for the engine to drive that thing and the cockpit could you say.

Jango must be stored in HammerSpace ^_^;;
Heh, maybe thier kitchen and stuff folds up on that flap

It's probably more likely just under the launch for Jango. Given that there is no real way to determine scale from the intro shot it's rather inconclusive. We should probably just go with HammerSpace for now.
Somedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 12:43   Link #102
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
R2 DVD is Planned and the Goods!

Source: www. baku-ten.com Goods Section. Site Format: Flash
Note: Per the explanation on the Site, all specs and release dates are tentative.
For those who are wondering about USD to Yen rate, it's roughly 100 Yen to 1 USD

The R2 DVDs of two Episode per Disc will follow a schedule as follows:
Vol. 1 & Vol. 2: 07/23/2004
Vol. 3: 08/25/2004
Vol. 4 & Vol. 5: 09/24/2004
Vol. 6: 10/22/2004
Vol. 7 & Vol. 8: 11/25/2004
Vol. 9: 12/22/2004
Vol. 10 & Vol. 11: 01/02/2005
Vol. 12: 02/25/2005
(24 episodes then, for this series)
It's 6000 + Tax Yen per Disc. (Personal comment: God Damn! the Japanese otakus have it rough! )
The video will be 16:9 Anamorphic Widescreen and the audio Dolby digital 5.1

Now... onto the Collector Set--where all the goodies and trinkets for all of us to salivate over.

There will be a total of four Collector Set Boxes released, each box featuring one of the girls on the box illustration. Each box with hold three DVDs with their original cases. As of right now, only the contents of first Box has been planned/announced

Set at 20000 Yen, this first Set of Goodies will have:
1 DVD Vol 1
1 DVD Vol 2
1 DVD Vol 3 (DVDs in individual cases)
1 Extra Disc: Content TBA
1 "Jo" Figure
1 Collector's Box featuring illustrations from the Character Design/Concept Aritist Shiragu Migitsuki (白亜右月 I may be reading the kanji wrong--slap me, hard, if you know for certain that I'm reading the kanji wrong.)

Finally, I'd like to say... I really like this series and damned if I can afford this insanely-priced Sets of Collector stuff--well one can dream
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 14:11   Link #103
JediNight
キズランダム

GONZO is known for being one of the more expensive anime makers as far as DVDs go. They are almost all 2eps per disc @ 6000-6200yen usually. Most R2 DVDs will be 2-3eps per disc and run you 4200-5200yen each. Some shows like childrens anime are even like 4 eps for 3800-4200yen. (Jungle Guu and Full moon come to mind)
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 14:32   Link #104
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
my thoughts and the first half of ep 1:

seems dumn but fun. The male lead reminds me of Akito Tenkawa from Nadesico, less likable. The whole feel of the show (espcailly the music and the opening) reminded me of Gad Gaurd (which makes sense, since both are directed by the same guy IIRC)
Old 2004-04-13, 20:18   Link #105
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayamaneko
my thoughts and the first half of ep 1:

seems dumn but fun. The male lead reminds me of Akito Tenkawa from Nadesico, less likable. The whole feel of the show (espcailly the music and the opening) reminded me of Gad Gaurd (which makes sense, since both are directed by the same guy IIRC)

Dumb? Maybe...no, i would rather say easy-going.
On the other hand, it was somewhat of a sure thing that this show wouldn't be another GitS-SAC^^
SimplyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 02:51   Link #106
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Watched the 2nd episode and absolutely LOVE it! Jo RULEZ!!!!

Spoiler for episode 2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Girls: Oooo, this food is great!!! Can we keep him? Please, Please!
Guy: Uh... I am not into this sorta thing...*slips away*
Next day, guy walks down the street, car screeches by and pulls him in.
Girls: HI!
Wow are you a psychic??!! It seems the show is really going exactly as what you have predicted
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 03:21   Link #107
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Watched the 2nd episode and absolutely LOVE it! Jo RULEZ!!!!

Spoiler for episode 2:

Wow are you a psychic??!! It seems the show is really going exactly as what you have predicted
Uh.. actually it is because I translated the synopsis & character data from the main official site.

If you can read Japanese, you can go to http://www.baku-ten.com or you can read my translation at Anime-Source ( http://www.anime-source.com/banzai/m...content&id=781 )
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 09:43   Link #108
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Uh.. actually it is because I translated the synopsis & character data from the main official site.

If you can read Japanese, you can go to http://www.baku-ten.com or you can read my translation at Anime-Source ( http://www.anime-source.com/banzai/m...content&id=781 )
lol, never paid attention to Kyohei's character profile, guess that fact in itself speaks something about his significance... or insignificance in the show

Spoiler for episode 2:
Old 2004-04-15, 10:24   Link #109
SimplyEd
Claytard

Just saw episode 2 and i have to say: great Jango action, great Jo action, great...everything^^

Really, it's such a pleasure to see them girls working their cute asses off and it's an even bigger pleasure to see that whimpy Kyohei constantly running for his life there^^
If he wouldn't have cooked such a nice meal at the end, the girls reaction would've been something like: "Oh, you're going?..didn't even notice you were there in the first place..no wait, you actually caused us some major fuss out there..be gone insignificant worm!"
Nahh, that would be a bit too much i guess, they are all good girls..still..they can always use him as live bait or meat shield out there..or simply to carry more of them "food cans" around^^
Old 2004-04-15, 11:34   Link #110
dreamless

well, actually Kyohei did a pretty good job of piling up those "food cans"

I like how he hides his head between his legs during the cybot attacks, lol
Old 2004-04-15, 11:52   Link #111
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
well, actually Kyohei did a pretty good job of piling up those "food cans"

I like how he hides his head between his legs during the cybot attacks, lol

Yeah, that was priceless!^^

Do you think that he'll actually be anything more than a sidekick? Maybe he'll develop some badass superpowers that all deal with "martial cooking" or something....
Nahh, he'll always be carrying the food cans....the poor sod...hey wait a second..he ain't poor! he get's to live with all those cuties!!! Luck is always with the dumb...*sigh*
Old 2004-04-15, 12:00   Link #112
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyEd
Yeah, that was priceless!^^

Do you think that he'll actually be anything more than a sidekick? Maybe he'll develop some badass superpowers that all deal with "martial cooking" or something....
Nahh, he'll always be carrying the food cans....the poor sod...hey wait a second..he ain't poor! he get's to live with all those cuties!!! Luck is always with the dumb...*sigh*
Unfortunately... it doesn't seem like he will live with the girls. Although usually implied in the "harem aspect" of animes in general, no one in this show said anything about a "live-in" chef. Which adds to the sheer patheticism of this guy...
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 12:27   Link #113
dreamless

yea, I guess he'll just get abducted when the girls want something nice to eat, then get involved in some unfortunate incidents, carrying around food cans, and at last finish preparing the meal and run the hell out of the mobile carrier only to get abducted again later...

I think he doesn't show up even once in the OP and ED and he's supposed to be the "male lead"... even those gangsters has some screen time in the OP...

However one thing he's better than Akito Tenkawa is the variety of food he can cook... at least he can cook more than just Ramen... one of the fun things could be guessing what food he cooks for the girls in each episode
Old 2004-04-15, 12:58   Link #114
SimplyEd
Claytard

Well, he wants to become a patissier and he does seem to be quite talented..which means that he already has the girl with a sweet tooth on his side..this seems to be Amy..she likes him because he "smells like cake" and he is pathic and whiny. She seems to be a rather sly character herself..so i think he'll have a hard time, even during times when he's not abducted by some random foe.
All the other girls seem to tolerate him at best or try not to notice at all.

Pity and hunger seem to be the only pros that work for him right now^^

The thing is..i don't even want him to get rid of his pathetic sidekick role....he's a poor chicken that needs to be saved by the girls, it's as simply as that^^
Old 2004-04-15, 13:09   Link #115
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

how anyone survived the huge explosions is a big mystery to everyone. I thought they overdid it a bit with the explosions
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 14:14   Link #116
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by complich8
I await an action-packed episode 2, complete with scantily clad women of various shapes and sizes. I'm wondering how they'll go about making the dude into a part of the group (I'll be charlie, and you can all be my angels. Except for you, you can be bosley).
The ecchiness-theme seems to be conjoined with most of the series that have come out in this spring. One more wouldn't make any much difference I suppose. So he is a male bimbo that needs to be saved by the "Charlie's angel" often? Plus he is a cook? It appears to me a promise of a good story line and hints of a one lucky fellow who will be tasting lots of other things beside the salt, mostly in many undignified situation. My fingers are crossed for a chef that will develop into a iron-chef who eventually becomes the main character and lives happily ever after with the "Charlie's angel".

Off to download the first episode.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 15:39   Link #117
7thMethuselah

I don't care what anyone says about this series it rocks!!!
The action in episode 2 was just awesome ! I want more of this
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 16:59   Link #118
FlyByNite

Every mech should have this mode
Spoiler:
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 18:57   Link #119
Mina
shoujo kakumei

Talking

At first I have to say I really like the show it's kinds cool, but it's REALLY FUNNY there are some people in this forum saying Meg and Jo are NOT similar to Rei and Asuka. At first when I watched the first episode I was totally pised off, because I hate it when characters are just stolen (like in Cosprayers *aww*), but now I'm okay with it, they gave Jo/Rei this Berserker-Touch and that's pretty cool ^_^
But here now just a little picture for you...I think they are totally the same

Mina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 19:27   Link #120
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mina
At first I have to say I really like the show it's kinds cool, but it's REALLY FUNNY there are some people in this forum saying Meg and Jo are NOT similar to Rei and Asuka.
That's only because they really aren't similar in any way. Yes, i will admit that they resemble the characters in question in appearance to some degree, but their personality is way off.
Like i said before, that's just a rather clever trick that Gonzo pulled on this show, it's just an element spoof, they try to catch the viewers attention by incorporating cameo/deja-vu situations and mix it with their own story flow. There were so many posts by so many people that mentioned elements from BGC, Nadesico, EVA, Noir, Vandread and whatnot...which shows us that it was a job well done, they caught the attention of people. Characters cannot be stolen in a sense, since they are part of something bigger, an idea which is represented as a single sovereign story..it's own universe, if you will. Different animators/artists may try to copy appearance but they can't catch the soul of a given character without its own, special story.

On a sidenote: that's the reason why i can't compare Rei and Jo and i wouldn't be able to tell to whom i would feel more attracted to, since they are entities from different "universes". I however can say, that in the case of Baku Ten i like Jo the most of the whole cast, and in the case of EVA i prefer Rei.

And finally, that's a great picture..the opening image that Lunar uses. I have to get that one as a wallpaper..pronto^^