AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-06-20, 18:13   Link #1
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia [Manga]

Alt name:
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
Author/Artist: Maybe
Genre: Ecchi, Mystery, Romance, School Life, Supernatural

Synopsis:

A young woman, by some strange occurrence, was left to die alone in the former building of the Academy for Sincere Teachings. Mysteriously, there is one person who can see her in ghost form: Niiya Teiichi, a freshman. Now they both seek to find out the reasoning behind her death, and what could have caused it.

I came across this after reading Kiben Gakuha, Yotsuya Senpai, and I have to say, I LOVE it! Basically about a boy who can see this girl ghost, and decides to try and help her solve the mystery of her death by solving other paranormal occurrences in the school. I absolutely LOVE the main female char, Yuuko(who is the ghost); she's really cute and playful, a bit of a seductress, yet balances that with her serious side when need be. She VERY much reminds me of Hitagi (Bakemo), but not as... "stoic" in her expressions. Niiya, is great as the male protagonist(though not much diff from a standard one), and I LOVE the way that he looks when he gets serious; it's very epic-looking somehow. It's a minor thing, but I like that the mangaka sometimes has him with glasses on, and sometimes off, at random times, which for some reason makes him more visually appealing. The art is fairly nice, and gets more detailed during the serious parts. The main story, which is Yuuko's identity, blends in quite well with its "mystery of the week" format, so the story is always moving forward.

Spoiler for up to ch 6:

Even if mysteries aren't your thing, reading this just for Yuuko herself could pretty much satisfy anyone(imo >.>).
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 18:24   Link #2
coren

I think the art adds a lot of atmosphere to this manga. It gives it a dark and somewhat sinister feel which is unusual for what seems to be becoming a harem manga.

I agree with you on Yuuko, she's a cool character.
coren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 18:52   Link #3
Kunagisa

I don't see this becoming a harem as of chapter 13. I've always liked H-mangaka (this guy, Cuvie and Akira Goto etc.) doing a proper story because obviously art is always going to be pleasing to the eye.

With that said, I originally thought this is going to end in like 2 volumes, but I'm surprised that there are still quite a bit to go still.

Spoiler for Minor 13 spoilers:

On a random note, I swear Gangan Joker has the most of my favorite series out there (this, Arachnid, Hatsukiai, Love x Rob x Stockholm, Shinigami-sama ni Saigo no Onegai o, Zettai Joousei, Manabiya, Wa! >___<).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 19:01   Link #4
Iron21

I love this manga, Yuuko has quickly became one of my favorite females characters from any manga.

I wasn't surprise that the author was a hentai artist, the way he can draw females are great. He can draw pretty scary stuff also, this one page from a future chapter almost made me piss my pants.

And on the harem topic, I really don't see this becoming a harem manga, if you look like you're trying to take Teiichi away, prepare to face the wrath/jealousy of the ghost Yuuko.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 21:05   Link #5
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

About time a topic on this came up. I'm also a regular reader of this story and I'm really enjoying it so far. I appreciate how there's still an undercurrent of fear and darkness letting you know that it's not some typical bright and cheery romantic comedy and that Yuuko is still a ghost with amnesia and possibly darker true nature and history.
Old 2010-06-20, 21:20   Link #6
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I took a liking on this manga (probably because I was reading Sankarea too). But anyway, Yuuko's personality is really lovable -- not what you expect from someone who's dead. Oh and didn't I mention about the ecchi part of it?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 21:37   Link #7
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
I took a liking on this manga (probably because I was reading Sankarea too). But anyway, Yuuko's personality is really lovable -- not what you expect from someone who's dead. Oh and didn't I mention about the ecchi part of it?
This the Mangaka 2nd non-Hentai work.

look up his profile on baka and the H section in youallknowwhere.
Old 2010-06-21, 00:12   Link #8
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Very nice find! The art was a very good first impression - the girl's really cute, the guy is very well drawn, and even the background art is stellar. I've seen some of his H-related works so I'm not surprised that the art is so good.

What really surprised was the storyline. There's dark elements along with some witty humor. The Yuuko is sly in cute way and she always catches Teiichi off guard. I totally agree that Yuuko gives off a Senjougahara vibe. Not a bad storyline for a H-mangaka.

I'd definite want to continue to follow this series! 2nd manga that I enjoy from a H-mangaka - 1st being High School of the Dead.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 00:56   Link #9
Tom Bombadil

Finally a thread for this awesome manga. Chapter 13 has left quite a cliff hanger.

Spoiler for ch13:

Off-topic:
Quote:
I swear Gangan Joker has the most of my favorite series out there (this, Arachnid, Hatsukiai, Love x Rob x Stockholm, Shinigami-sama ni Saigo no Onegai o, Zettai Joousei, Manabiya, Wa! >___<).
I am glad that Arachnid is mentioned. I love that manga, too. So far it had an great female lead. So go check it out, guys.
Old 2010-06-21, 04:04   Link #10
Tiberium Wolf

WTH!? Ch 8 has 16 pages!! How come? I knew that ch 5 had 25 but to drop even lower than that. Crap! I miss the 40ish pages ch.
Old 2010-06-21, 07:32   Link #11
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I love this manga. Was really surprised that it's done by an ero-mangaka. It's nice to see that he keeps to his story instead of throwing in too much fan service. A lot of them who try out a non-ero manga tend to go overboard on the ecchi.
Old 2010-06-21, 14:01   Link #12
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I love this manga. Was really surprised that it's done by an ero-mangaka. It's nice to see that he keeps to his story instead of throwing in too much fan service. A lot of them who try out a non-ero manga tend to go overboard on the ecchi.
unlike High School of the Dead i think this one has a lot of legs in it.
Old 2010-06-21, 14:54   Link #13
Lime soda

This really doesn't need too much blatant fanservice when even the normal scenes somehow end up looking very well done. Like some shots of Yuuko with her uniform looking tight, pressed against her chest. Damn, that was awesome.

Plus, I'm all up for more leg fanservice. The indoor shoes/slippers are drawn pretty damn good too. So much that one might even start developing a fetish for it. But, it looks like even though the cast has gotten bigger, the mangaka didn't go too nuts with their character design. Yuuko wins hand down by looks 'cuz I prefer long hair better. Everyone else looks incredibly normal.

As for the story, yeah it deserves the horror tag. I thought it would of been a monster of the week sort of plot but the events always get tied back to Yuuko somehow. Though, having a possibility of more ghosts might not be too bad or else I'm worried how far the mangaka can take this to.
Lime soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 15:38   Link #14
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

hey thanks for this good manga.

I am a sap for these types. Gotta love the main female lead, so aggressive yet refined
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 17:19   Link #15
Tom Bombadil

Well, after 13 chapters, there is not a single named male character in the whole manga other than the main char, not a harem? doubt it.
Old 2010-06-21, 17:45   Link #16
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
Gotta love the main female lead, so aggressive yet refined
I concur! I love the way she teases.

Trap + Ponytail + Mini-skirt + Stockings = Deadly Combo
Sai Feng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 01:46   Link #17
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

ugh. romaneces and tregedy dont mix very well.

Hopefully there will be a happy ending
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 01:57   Link #18
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
While the main heroine is great the main hero leaves much to be desired. Thats why Spice and Wolf (in a way similar) wins, it has not only aggressive teasing heroine but also a hero who doesnt loose his wits that easily. Here hero looks unimpressive and very easily manipulated.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 05:09   Link #19
ZODDGUTS

To be fair the character in this series is a kid who's obviously not experience with girls while Lawrence Craft is an adult who likely had some experience with woman.

Anyways so far the manga has been great.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 12:34   Link #20
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Fair or not fair it doesn't change that one series has an interesting, active protagonist, while the other more like a doll on the strings.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, romance, school life, shounen, supernatural