AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-01-15, 21:13   Link #3841
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mareike View Post
And Noin didn't want revenge for Lake Victoria Base, no: she wanted to get stronger. She realized the fault in her ideals after her fight with Wufei, and if she doesn't want to lose anymore lives she'll have to learn by being out in the field.
You're right, I totally forgot about that lil conversation and her change of philosophy. XD

Quote:
Now going back to Cathy... I don't understand why she can't be allowed that change, especially when it's been years since the original story. It's a drastic change, sure but if the reason is sound enough (which we're yet to see), then why not. I don't think her being an MS pilot is something that she just decided out of the blue. I just hope I'm not wrong. xD
Any character is allowed to change and grow, someone said that fans were complaining about her new character development. The issue that I'm having with FT (and reason why I'm treating it as a fanfic and non-canon) is because there is no real character development going on. Some of these characters are doing 180's and going against what has already been established.

Again, Cathy being an MS pilot/ instructor is odd because it goes against what we know about her. She threw knives at Trowa, but never with the intent to hurt him in anyway (scare him yes, but never hurt). I'm pretty sure she would never use her knife throwing skills to harm any one, even if they wanted to hurt her. It isn't part of her character.

Quatre is suddenly ok with completing 4 gundams that were found on his resource satellite. wtf?!?! I haven't really been keeping up with FT, but did he or anyone else question how those suits ended up there or who build them for what purpose? This was the kid (character) who after fighting a war and putting down a rebellion found it wisest to destroy the gundams. Heck, even Zechs recognized his smarts and potential even if Quatre didn't see it himself.

Do the characters understand that if Relena dies so does the whole of the Mars population and anyone who has ever had that vaccination? Yet they still want her dead..? Everyone in this novel seems to have had a complete lapse of reason here. >_<

And other stuff... but let's leave it at this for now.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 01:33   Link #3842
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

huh i thought Quatre built it from scratch. IIRC they say he built it on resource satellite, not found it.

or he maybe just found the prototype blueprint (probably prototype version of original 5 gundam)

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 16:44   Link #3843
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
I just finished working on Chapter 14... one more chapter and we're caught up for Glory of Losers
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 12:55   Link #3844
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
You're right, I totally forgot about that lil conversation and her change of philosophy. XD

Any character is allowed to change and grow, someone said that fans were complaining about her new character development. The issue that I'm having with FT (and reason why I'm treating it as a fanfic and non-canon) is because there is no real character development going on. Some of these characters are doing 180's and going against what has already been established.

Again, Cathy being an MS pilot/ instructor is odd because it goes against what we know about her. She threw knives at Trowa, but never with the intent to hurt him in anyway (scare him yes, but never hurt). I'm pretty sure she would never use her knife throwing skills to harm any one, even if they wanted to hurt her. It isn't part of her character.

Quatre is suddenly ok with completing 4 gundams that were found on his resource satellite. wtf?!?! I haven't really been keeping up with FT, but did he or anyone else question how those suits ended up there or who build them for what purpose? This was the kid (character) who after fighting a war and putting down a rebellion found it wisest to destroy the gundams. Heck, even Zechs recognized his smarts and potential even if Quatre didn't see it himself.

Do the characters understand that if Relena dies so does the whole of the Mars population and anyone who has ever had that vaccination? Yet they still want her dead..? Everyone in this novel seems to have had a complete lapse of reason here. >_<

And other stuff... but let's leave it at this for now.
Agreed with Eeni.
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 16:23   Link #3845
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
I just finished working on Chapter 14... one more chapter and we're caught up for Glory of Losers
YAY!

To the talk about character development, the more details are revealed, the more we'll understand some the characters' actions.

Who knows what happened to Catherine after EW to where we're at now with FT that caused her to get involved in war. For all we know, it could have been something profound that made her want to join the war front.

Quatre completing some suits doesn't surprise me. It was his after his father died, but he built the Wing Zero. I don't think it's that shocking he'd complete some other suits later in life if he felt he needed to.
Old 2012-01-18, 03:03   Link #3846
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Quatre completing some suits doesn't surprise me. It was his after his father died, but he built the Wing Zero. I don't think it's that shocking he'd complete some other suits later in life if he felt he needed to.
Ya, but he wasn't exactly in the his right mind when he built the Wing ZERO... he even destroyed a few colonies dring that time. I guess he could go on to complete the suits if he really had too, but it just doen't feel right for him.

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Old 2012-01-18, 08:12   Link #3847
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
Ya, but he wasn't exactly in the his right mind when he built the Wing ZERO... he even destroyed a few colonies during that time. I guess he could go on to complete the suits if he really had to, but it just doesn't feel right for him.
Nah, Quatre isn't as much of a pacifist as he seems. Let's not forget that he once went against his father and joined a war against OZ. He is practical; if building new suits means he'll be able to protect people, he'll do it. Besides, I highly doubt Snow White and Warlock are weapons of pure and utter mass destruction like Wing Zero was.
Then again, doubling armaments to create a cooler suit might go against my assumption...

Though I entirely agree with Catherine. That's a 180 if there ever was one. Hilde becoming a nun is also quite . Okay, true, she isn't a real nun, but I don't get why she had to dress like one. Nevermind that it prompted a very weird (or wrong, depending on your POV) comparison from Duo.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 09:44   Link #3848
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Though I entirely agree with Catherine. That's a 180 if there ever was one. Hilde becoming a nun is also quite . Okay, true, she isn't a real nun, but I don't get why she had to dress like one. Nevermind that it prompted a very weird (or wrong, depending on your POV) comparison from Duo.
Like he becoming a Drunken Priest, Mercenary, Gambler, ex-Womanizer and Feeling like a Piece of crap Like Tony Stark After he lost everything, bcuz of Hilde's Death and him getting older 2x faster than normal
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 19:17   Link #3849
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

You'll find that the Glory of Losers is now up to date

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2012-01-18, 22:59   Link #3850
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Hilde becoming a nun is also quite . Okay, true, she isn't a real nun, but I don't get why she had to dress like one. Nevermind that it prompted a very weird (or wrong, depending on your POV) comparison from Duo.
Duo has a thing for nuns now..? >_<

Quote:
HAZZAH!!!! Muchas gracias!

Old 2012-01-20, 09:08   Link #3851
Mareike

Quote:
Woot! Thanks so much, Deacon! Loving the new scenes, and that we've finally seen Solak and Izumi.
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 10:12   Link #3852
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Spoiler for manga:

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 14:50   Link #3853
Miss Yuy

Quote:
Thank you very very much Mr Deacon Blues , You must have made great efforts ^_^

But Where I can download it in a Zip format ?
Miss Yuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 16:02   Link #3854
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Woot! Thanks so much, Deacon! Loving the new scenes, and that we've finally seen Solak and Izumi.
Do we actually see Solak's face?

Page 8 of Chapter 14 (Ch. 3); That's definitely Nichol at the top, but who's the guy below him? Trant?
Old 2012-01-21, 01:07   Link #3855
Mareike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Do we actually see Solak's face?

Page 8 of Chapter 14 (Ch. 3); That's definitely Nichol at the top, but who's the guy below him? Trant?
OH. I went back to that page and yes, yes, good point. Those bubbles were definitely just transmissions. >.> *headdesk* No wonder those faces looked familiar. And no wonder they didn't have tassles on their uniform.

And there I was thinking: "Oh, he looks like Nichol." and "But I thought Izumi was a girl." O_O

Ladidadida~

Anyway, yeah. That does look like Trant. But wasn't he OZ Space?
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 18:12   Link #3856
Elo the Blue

Quote:
OH. I went back to that page and yes, yes, good point. Those bubbles were definitely just transmissions. >.> *headdesk* No wonder those faces looked familiar. And no wonder they didn't have tassles on their uniform.

And there I was thinking: "Oh, he looks like Nichol." and "But I thought Izumi was a girl." O_O

Ladidadida~

Anyway, yeah. That does look like Trant. But wasn't he OZ Space?
I remember thinking Izumi was a girl too.

Trant was part of the OZ space force. But it seems Nichol took part in Operation Pleiades too, so maybe they both left for space soon after the operation. They're at a Siberian spaceport base and Une mentioned that's where the Tauruses would be in the series.

Last edited by Elo the Blue; 2012-01-24 at 22:03.
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 03:29   Link #3857
wingzerosnuggles

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/kouryakukan/e/...add065069634ad

Kouryakukan update
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 15:37   Link #3858
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Haha, Frozen Teardrop is on vacation yet again!

Old 2012-01-25, 17:06   Link #3859
Aldaeus

Wondering if someone finally sat Sumisawa down, cuffed him to a chair, and beat some sense into him... or could be that they caught up to him, and are waiting on him to write... heh funny thought: what if they said writer swap again because Sumisawa was getting a little insane...

Not gonna hold my breath anymore for seeing new suits in images until Glory gets further along... Wouldn't argue with seeing them still, or being proven wrong, but its just gotten to that point, where I'm getting tired of the beating around the bush...
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 21:04   Link #3860
Tendou Souji

What is going on? I have a bad feeling about this. I agree with Aldaeus though. I feel that someone finally sat him down and had a long talk about this.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing