AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-18, 15:53   Link #3761
CrimsonMoonMist

Neat.
Should probably try a go on the Animesuki Ougon Hamachi network one of these days.
Kinda lost spirit after I failed on port-forwarding (even though my router even has the ability to reserve ports),
but I see no reason why Hamachi wouldn't work.
Old 2012-05-18, 16:00   Link #3762
Solkiskey

I don't go on the hamachi servers anymore, I'm always on the mizuumi IRC. You don't really need to be port-forwarded-- as long as the other person is, then you can play without port forwarding. (Example : if you ever play me, I always host since I'm port forwarded. I play someone who can't port forward very often and it works well.)
Old 2012-05-18, 16:05   Link #3763
SkullClad
Shadow Keeper

Send a message via MSN to SkullClad
Usually I don't host much, my net isn't that good.

Anyway, matches anyone?
Old 2012-05-18, 16:09   Link #3764
Solkiskey

Another match, I don't usually upload one sided matches like this, but winning against Thatguy twice was VERY satisfying.

I would play you, Skull, but I have to go in a couple of minutes.
Old 2012-05-18, 16:11   Link #3765
SkullClad
Shadow Keeper

I'll watch them.

Hope you'll back later. I don't play with many people. And I need to learn MUCH about OMK.
Old 2012-05-18, 16:14   Link #3766
Solkiskey

Play people on the IRC, you'll learn a lot. Seriously. Also, "Jonarific" often streams some ougon stuff, either matches or lessons (like, how to deal with certain things, or just analysis of characters. Recently, he analyzed Bern.)
Old 2012-05-18, 16:19   Link #3767
cronnoponno

I want to get better with Lambda, but most videos I see of her she never even has a chance to really do anything before she's inevitably swapped out from being overpowered, are there any really good Lambda vids?

Btw, I watched all of these, makes me wish I could play people without lag. I'm tired of playing against a computer that knows everything you do, but compensates for using really weak combos.
Old 2012-05-18, 16:22   Link #3768
SkullClad
Shadow Keeper

Well, I want to get better with George and Erika. Granted, George isn't a so good character, but his style is one of my favorites. And Erika... I like her air combos.
Old 2012-05-18, 16:23   Link #3769
cronnoponno

By the way, whenever I SP2 them OTG with Erika, and wait for them to get blasted into the air, I usually try to declare meta, but I end up being too slow to reach them before they land so they can guard the super.

Is this because I'm too slow or is it just impossible to connect that way?
Old 2012-05-18, 16:27   Link #3770
SkullClad
Shadow Keeper

I never tried this stuff. But it wouldn't be easier if you tried to declare meta, then SP2?
Old 2012-05-18, 16:31   Link #3771
cronnoponno

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullClad View Post
I never tried this stuff. But it wouldn't be easier if you tried to declare meta, then SP2?

..............oh yeah I'll try that.
Old 2012-05-18, 17:09   Link #3772
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

I wish I was good at fighting games. I only play Ougon in Princess Mode because I just can't be decent in Normal Mode (my fingers are slow and I always mess up any 412 attacks, let alone use a Meta Super os SP skills).

Does anyone has good combos for Princess Mode? I could only find two Dlanor solo combos and one Will combo in youtube. Any character is fine, but my team normally consists of Shannon and someone else, most frequently Ronove, Rosa or Battler, though I'm trying to play Evatrice decently (whenever I play, I can't touch anyone with her).
Old 2012-05-18, 17:17   Link #3773
cronnoponno

Some combos I like to do:

When Battler is your secondary team member and you knock someone aerial(usually with a 2C), switch to Battler, as soon as Battler hits them from being quick-tagged, use his EX 214 in midair, after you hit them use his EX236, it just does decent damage and only takes 2 SP and corners them. Don't do dragon punch unless they're directly in a corner, as it will almost always miss. You can also do an SP2 to them as they're landing, and if they're far enough you can link it into a meta(or even a EX236). It's just decent and I find I use it a lot because I don't have to declare a meta to get the damage in(because using Meta isn't cheap).

Likewise, with Dlanor as your secondary party member you can knock someone in the air with a 2C, switch to Dlanor, and grab them before they land, it's practically a 100% chance of doing some nice damage and getting a good smack while they're on the ground, although in the video Sol posted it looks like you can do a B+C then grab, I haven't tried that yet.

Dlanors SP2 if used in the corner leads to a grab, and I believe her meta(I never use her meta) can lead to a grab as well.

I try to stay away from extremely long combos because they're impossible to do unless you use characters like Will or Lucifer.
Old 2012-05-18, 17:28   Link #3774
SkullClad
Shadow Keeper

And because of the damn damage scaling.
Old 2012-05-18, 22:20   Link #3775
Eriko 556

Quote:
I'll watch them.

Hope you'll back later. I don't play with many people. And I need to learn MUCH about OMK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrieliosP View Post
I wish I was good at fighting games. I only play Ougon in Princess Mode because I just can't be decent in Normal Mode (my fingers are slow and I always mess up any 412 attacks, let alone use a Meta Super os SP skills).

Does anyone has good combos for Princess Mode? I could only find two Dlanor solo combos and one Will combo in youtube. Any character is fine, but my team normally consists of Shannon and someone else, most frequently Ronove, Rosa or Battler, though I'm trying to play Evatrice decently (whenever I play, I can't touch anyone with her).
Since I'm from Brazil too, we can play together, if you guys want.
This is a Hamachi that I create for me and my Brazilian friends. You should add it:
Login: UminekoOugon4
Pass: trollkastel
Old 2012-05-18, 23:33   Link #3776
Solkiskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronnoponno View Post
I want to get better with Lambda, but most videos I see of her she never even has a chance to really do anything before she's inevitably swapped out from being overpowered, are there any really good Lambda vids?

Btw, I watched all of these, makes me wish I could play people without lag. I'm tired of playing against a computer that knows everything you do, but compensates for using really weak combos.
With the recent Lambda nerf, she just isn't as good as she used to be. You're bound to see more Kanon/Battler/Lucifer/Beatrice because they're pretty much the best characters in the game. (IMO, Battler is THE best character in the game, followed by Kanon, Lucifer and Beato, in that order.)

What's your location? If we live close enough, we could have a few matches whenever you want.

Quote:
Well, I want to get better with George and Erika. Granted, George isn't a so good character, but his style is one of my favorites. And Erika... I like her air combos.
George isn't a very good character, but I no longer think he's the worst. George/Erika is a very bad team though, because they're both characters you normally want to tag very fast with. Erika has trouble landing hits and George is very meter reliant, so yeah.

I would suggest using them in different teams. Like, I don't know, George/Lambda could be an interesting team, and Erika/Jessica could also be an good team. Since Erika gets in easily, once you're in, tag in Jessica, do your stuff, immediately tag out to Erika. (Because you don't want Jessica to be out for too long, especially against zoners.)

Actually, another interesting team would be George/Ange, dat stun potential, and George's corner loop is pretty dumb.

I suggest you experiment a little, because George/Erika definitely isn't a good idea lol.

----------------

Also, I know I keep bringing this up, but I love those kinds of things. Here's my opinion of what OMK's tier list would be (please, take in mind that nothing is objective in this) :

Battler
Kanon
Lucifer
Beatrice

HIGH
Willard
Dlanor
Virgilia
EVA

MID
Bern
Ronove
Shannon
Erika
Lambda

LOW
Ange
George
Black Battler
Rosa

ORAORAORA tier
Jessica
Old 2012-05-19, 00:16   Link #3777
cronnoponno

I'm west, by the way, I also have no experience playing a normal player, so I will be quite bad.

Wow Bernkastel is in mid tier now? Last I checked she was in high tier, is it because her HP? I have noticed that I lost like half my HP with a combo using Bern.

How was Lambda nerfed.....and...WHY was she nerfed?
Old 2012-05-19, 00:20   Link #3778
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouverture View Post
twilight could you translate what she says during her sp2 please
Scum-spewing filth! Something like a miracle wont happen, just die!

She used that one scum-spewer word that I don't really know a good way to translate, so I just settled with that. (The actual word she uses ゲロカス, of which the first part means "to spew" and the second part means "dregs, feces, refuse, scum")
Old 2012-05-19, 00:23   Link #3779
Solkiskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronnoponno View Post
I'm west, by the way, I also have no experience playing a normal player, so I will be quite bad.

Wow Bernkastel is in mid tier now? Last I checked she was in high tier, is it because her HP? I have noticed that I lost like half my HP with a combo using Bern.

How was Lambda nerfed.....and...WHY was she nerfed?
That doesn't matter, playing real people will kill your bad habits. Because CPU give bad habits.

I think I overhyped Bern. She isn't as good as I thought she was. I actually think they should buff a few things about her lol. <-- that's just my opinion. Remember, the tier list only reflects what I think of the game.

Lambda's j.2C was heavily nerfed, which killed her mixup potential. It was RIDICULOUS before, to the point where people would use her only for that mixup lol.
Old 2012-05-19, 00:28   Link #3780
cronnoponno

Maybe that's why I've been unable to imitate what I see on the vids.

Anyway, yes to the match? Or am I too far?
Closed Thread