Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-05-12, 16:37   Link #21
WalDo
Where's WalDo?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_genesis
Is a RAW episode an actual episode with no subs?
Yes, it's like recored straight from tv and made it an .avi file. No subs.
WalDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 16:38   Link #22
realdeal
The Real Deal

SO is fine..I really cant see too much if any difference between them and AA to wait few days more. I dont think I'll bother with the raw on this one since you really need to understand it to get into the comedy.
realdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 16:51   Link #23
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyArea
I dont see why people think there will be filler stuff though, there was nothing in the preview last week that wasnt in the manga.
I think that most people are fooled by the preview of the 83
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 16:54   Link #24
ShikaShika
無罪

Spoiler:
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 17:00   Link #25
Trov
Holy cack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akamaru
Spoiler:
Wow, no way. Damn, can't wait til it gets subbed. Bah, I still miss Bakasan's fast releases...Oh well, hope a subbed release comes soon like Thursday.
Old 2004-05-12, 17:01   Link #26
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Spoiler:

I think you broke some imaginary digital code of conduct by posting a spoiler in the spoiler tag
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 17:03   Link #27
Technovia_EX
o[-_-]o

L33traws released theirs, get on the torrent!

http://www.l33t-raws.com/bt/

Too bad seeding doesn't start until they decide to.... Over 100 leechers already =).
Technovia_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 17:13   Link #28
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
I think you broke some imaginary digital code of conduct by posting a spoiler in the spoiler tag
I think you mean not posting a spoiler. I'm just watching my step, what can I say.

Ok, here's what really happens, so all you spoilaholics will be happy. (I'm going off memory here so some stuff might be in the wrong order. And my Japanese isn't perfect so the filler stuff might be a bit off, but should be pretty close.

Spoiler for ep 83:

Last edited by Akamaru; 2004-05-12 at 17:34.
Old 2004-05-12, 17:45   Link #29
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

Is there an irc channel for getting the raw? College connection - no bittorrent allowed... T_T

Edit: Lo and behold, it tells me the irc channel on that very link. Sorry!
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 17:46   Link #30
Technovia_EX
o[-_-]o

L33traws has an IRC channel, but I've never seen them put a XDCC for Naruto =). They must want people to use BT more, this way...
Old 2004-05-12, 17:58   Link #31
bobofet
Blue Pheasant

not too shabby of an episode.....don't expect any action but its still decently entertaining. it ends where I thought it would end, so you can say that it is not a complete filler episode....
bobofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 18:13   Link #32
Technovia_EX
o[-_-]o

Quote:
I think you mean not posting a spoiler. I'm just watching my step, what can I say.

Ok, here's what really happens, so all you spoilaholics will be happy. (I'm going off memory here so some stuff might be in the wrong order. And my Japanese isn't perfect so the filler stuff might be a bit off, but should be pretty close.

Spoiler for ep 83:

Lots of details, thanks Akamaru. Only a couple of minutes more until my torrent finishes... I can't wait =).
Old 2004-05-12, 18:14   Link #33
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Actually I'm quite surprised that this episode remains good though it covers only one chapter.
Old 2004-05-12, 18:26   Link #34
ShikaShika
無罪

I'm gonna have to take my usual stance against filler. You just can't get away from the fact that you can't add anything that is esential with filler thus it's always cliché comedy pieces and the ocational cliché fighting pieces. (If I see one more kawarimi, I'll puke.) Filler also reinforces stereotypes since they can't go against Kishimoto they have to recycle his old ideas.

I liked the rest of the episode though, the last scene was nice.
Old 2004-05-12, 18:35   Link #35
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
I'm gonna have to take my usual stance against filler. You just can't get away from the fact that you can't add anything that is esential with filler thus it's always cliché comedy pieces and the ocational cliché fighting pieces. (If I see one more kawarimi, I'll puke.) Filler also reinforces stereotypes since they can't go against Kishimoto they have to recycle his old ideas.

Yeah indeed I completely agree with that (especially for the Kawarami -_-), that's why I hate filler scene usually and it's even worst when they change the sens of an event (which happened).

That's why I'm surprised here, this episode covers the shortest amount of manga in the whole series (exactly 19 pages), about half the episode could be whiped out.
Still, it's not an awful episode and thus I'm surprised...

And yeah the cliffhanger is nice but I would have prefered the next chapter :P
Old 2004-05-12, 18:42   Link #36
Memnoch

Quote:

Filler doesn't bother me unless it's really stupid (Naruto and the bulls). Filler is refreshing sometimes because you get to see something a little extra than only seeing just what is in the manga but animated, not like any of the filler messes up the story or anything anyway.

Also, I miss Bakasan already! I don't know if I want to download the SO version after reading about their episode 81 sub job. I'm on dial up so it would only be either SO or Anbu.
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 18:54   Link #37
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch
Filler doesn't bother me unless it's really stupid (Naruto and the bulls). Filler is refreshing sometimes because you get to see something a little extra than only seeing just what is in the manga but animated, not like any of the filler messes up the story or anything anyway.
While it doesn't necesarily mess up the story, it can completely break the flow of an anime.

Take for example the 3rd vs Oro fight. In episode 74 when the stone monument cracks we were supposed to see them for the last time until episode 79. What the anime did was to insert a (basically the same) 1-2 minute clip of them in 75, 76 and 77. This both maked the fight seem really dragged out (because nothing happens!) and it breaks up the flow of Sasuke & Naruto vs Gaara because we're supposed to be concentrating on them.

It's pretty much the same thing in the beginning of the 3rd vs Oro fight. There's tons of little snippets of Sasuke chasing Gaara, Kankurou and Temari and Naruto, Sakura and Pakkun chasing Sasuke. And they all break the flow of the 3rd vs Oro fight.

The prime example of how filler can utterly destroy a potentially great episode is 79 (though it's true the editing was probably the culprit no. 1).

Don't even get me started on Konohamaru.

It's because of the harm to the flow that episodes like 83 are very likely to contain filler because there is no real necesity to maintain it. (Very much like the episodes between the 3rd exam preliminaries and the 3rd exam, which was about 40% filler.)
Old 2004-05-12, 19:02   Link #38
Technovia_EX
o[-_-]o

Sometimes filler is needed, as they want to have a cliffhanger at the end of the episode, such as this one. Also, it's to make sure that the anime doesn't catch up with the manga anytime soon. It's better to have filler in the middle of a series than to catch up to the manga and make up the actual story, a la FMA and others...
Old 2004-05-12, 19:06   Link #39
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch
not like any of the filler messes up the story or anything anyway.
Neji starting to learn the Kaiten during the training month, Neji missing a blow at close range on Naruto, Neji having difficulties to see Naruto's speed in Kyubi state, Naruto using continuously tens of Kage Bunshin for bullshit, Naruto able to cling on the back of Gamabunta after summoning him for the first time, Sasuke being able to follow Haku's moves only thanks to Naruto, etc.
Old 2004-05-12, 19:21   Link #40
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technovia_EX
Sometimes filler is needed, as they want to have a cliffhanger at the end of the episode, such as this one. Also, it's to make sure that the anime doesn't catch up with the manga anytime soon. It's better to have filler in the middle of a series than to catch up to the manga and make up the actual story, a la FMA and others...
I'd prefer one episode every other week or a break between seasons if that meant I could watch Naruto without fillers. But I'd still have to deal with the removed blood and occational nudity (though it bothers me very little).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Neji starting to learn the Kaiten during the training month, Neji missing a blow at close range on Naruto, Neji having difficulties to see Naruto's speed in Kyubi state, Naruto using continuously tens of Kage Bunshin for bullshit, Naruto able to cling on the back of Gamabunta after summoning him for the first time, Sasuke being able to follow Haku's moves only thanks to Naruto, etc.
I love how Kiba goes on about how close range is no good against Neji and then he asks himself if Naruto understands that. The answer? Yes in the manga but apparently no in the anime. Though these are pretty small things and might not be worth getting so worked up about.

Anyway, back to discussing episode 83.