AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-05-03, 21:27   Link #41
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep5:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-04, 07:26   Link #42
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

So it appears that the "trick" that Yuuichi used involves the name tags somehow, and that's one of the "3 traps" that we are supposed to notice.

Yuuichi is the first whose name tag suddenly disappears, back in episode 2. His name tag reappears shortly after, after he submitted his messages for the round. Then Shiho's nametag disappears, then Yutori's nametag disappears and finally in the very last episode Shibe's nametag disappears.

In their cases the name tag never reappeared later.

I have absolutely no idea how the name tags can be used to either win the game or to expose the traitor and I have the feeling that we are missing some relevant info. It's also not clear if he's just a skilled pickpocket or if he made his friends give him their tags willingly (sounds unlikely), but the various suspicious physical contacts that Yuuichi had with his friends shortly before the nametag disappearances suggests the former and I also have the suspect that he planted the stolen tags into people's pockets for some reason.

One hypothesis is that somehow the name tags are used by the cabin automated program to know who entered inside and to calculate the start and end of the 3 minutes, but I still don't know how that can help.

One of the possible other 3 elements is that Yuuichi told something to Yutori during the scene where he was comforting her (her name tag disappears shortly after, so he might have convinced her to give it to him).

The other very suspicious part is the one where Shiho got slapped by Yuuchi after presumably fighting with Yutori while Tenji couldn't witness, as he was inside the cabin.
However it can't be something as simple as "Yuuchi talked to everyone about his plan while Tenji couldn't listen" because whatever he did, he didn't just do it behind Tenji's back, he did it hidden from everyone watching, including the two girls that are overseeing the game.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-04, 07:31   Link #43
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Are they further than the manga yet?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-04, 08:45   Link #44
grecefar

for what I read they are really slow in the adaption and it seems it will end in the next game if they are this slow and there is a lot to cover.

with only 12 chapters maybe another cour just as this end.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-10, 12:10   Link #45
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Ok, Tomodachi Game, you win. You are worth watching all the way to the end now.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-10, 12:38   Link #46
Marina2

I bet no one saw that coming at the end.
Old 2022-05-10, 13:21   Link #47
grecefar

It was a nice twist yeah, funny too.

This is yuiichi, a monster that just turns the game around in an beautiful way.
Old 2022-05-10, 13:37   Link #48
EroKing

10/10 greatest swerve this season
Old 2022-05-10, 14:47   Link #49
Tenzen12

At least we can say that girls weren't completely useless as they were able play along. Well Yuragi is still calculating .... not good person, but Shiho can check out her strong female status, even though she initialy seemed to be most in need of saving this turn.
Old 2022-05-10, 17:49   Link #50
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

This was a lot less clever than I thought. Ultimately the name tags didn't really serve any real purpose, and everyone simply decided to trust Yuuichi without any proof.

Also, exactly how the fact that he murdered 3 people proves that he lied when he wrote that Shibe killed someone? That didn't make any sense.

Well at least Tenji's kiss was really unexpected.

Old 2022-05-10, 21:09   Link #51
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Lol, Homodachi Game starting next week?
Everything else sucked, with every character being stupid and flipflopping more than a Magikarp, but the kiss scene... was pretty hilarious

Also, apparently him loving Yuuichi is proven, so this super-technology-super-hacker death game company must really mean it, right? They don't surely just think that kissing someone actually proves he loves him, right? They've read his mind and know he really means it, right?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-10, 21:14   Link #52
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
This was a lot less clever than I thought. Ultimately the name tags didn't really serve any real purpose, and everyone simply decided to trust Yuuichi without any proof.

Also, exactly how the fact that he murdered 3 people proves that he lied when he wrote that Shibe killed someone? That didn't make any sense.

Well at least Tenji's kiss was really unexpected.
Fact that he admitted lying is proof that he lied.
Old 2022-05-10, 22:08   Link #53
Marina2

Quote:

He 'lied' about the person who did the crime (not Shirabe, but him). That was why he also mentioned he killed 3 people in the past.

It's the same logic as you accused an innocent person to be a murderer when you yourself are. When you come out and confess + show a believable evidence that can be verified, the other person he accused become innocent.

The point is that he successfully manipulated/convinced everyone that what he said was true and required no further investigation on whether Shibe did kill someone or not. (In worst case, they can also just asked audience to vote if they believe Yuuichi or not and result will be the same)

Also, in that round there was only one bad mouth card so it couldn't be anyone else who lied - when himself admitted to be the person who wrote it.
Old 2022-05-10, 22:32   Link #54
Gerard07

Seen the chapter, they explain how it was that Yuuichi discovered Tenji, he discarded his friends one by one (and asked for their cards, so he could have increased each one's debt as much as he wanted) and revealed the traitor, he also mentioned that he is a murderer and the kiss scene was kind of funny (although I would have liked them to show the expressions of the others), to wait for the next chapter.
Ask for; do you know how successful anime is in Japan? and how many chapters will the anime have?.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-11, 07:05   Link #55
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Fact that he admitted lying is proof that he lied.
If that was true, then they would have simply accepted that Tenji lied the moment that he claimed he did. They did not, hence that proves that someone simply stating "I lied" does not constitute proof enough.

If you insist on that argument, then the inconsistency simply becomes that it made no sense that they asked Tenji to prove that he lied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
He 'lied' about the person who did the crime (not Shirabe, but him). That was why he also mentioned he killed 3 people in the past.
He did not mention any specific crime. His statement wasn't "Shibe killed that person" or "Shibe is the killer in that specific murder case". So this logic simply doesn't work.

If anything the fact that Shibe is the friend of a certified murderer just makes him even more suspicious. The concept of "birds of a feather flock together" is very common in the Japanese mindset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
Seen the chapter, they explain how it was that Yuuichi discovered Tenji, he discarded his friends one by one (and asked for their cards, so he could have increased each one's debt as much as he wanted) and revealed the traitor, he also mentioned that he is a murderer and the kiss scene was kind of funny (although I would have liked them to show the expressions of the others), to wait for the next chapter.
Ask for; do you know how successful anime is in Japan? and how many chapters will the anime have?.
It's in the top ten and raising.

Old 2022-05-11, 08:47   Link #56
Marina2

Quote:
If that was true, then they would have simply accepted that Tenji lied the moment that he claimed he did. They did not, hence that proves that someone simply stating "I lied" does not constitute proof enough.

If you insist on that argument, then the inconsistency simply becomes that it made no sense that they asked Tenji to prove that he lied.
That because it was clear as day to them and anyone there that he was talking BS - which prompted the moderator to ask him to verify his sudden claim. And how else can he prove his feeling unless he shows it to them in believable way. And voters did believed it.

Quote:
He did not mention any specific crime. His statement wasn't "Shibe killed that person" or "Shibe is the killer in that specific murder case". So this logic simply doesn't work.

If anything the fact that Shibe is the friend of a certified murderer just makes him even more suspicious. The concept of "birds of a feather flock together" is very common in the Japanese mindset.
Like I said in other part of my post, the point is that he successfully convinced everyone that what he said was true (in this case, believe that he lied) thanks to his characteristic and personality that make it believable by simply saying it out.

There aren't even the evidences that Shibe killed someone in the first place beside the claim by Yuuichi. If game moderators can dig out Yuuichi's deep past after the second check, they probably can dig out all Shibe's past as well.
Old 2022-05-11, 11:03   Link #57
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Not sure what the confusion is. Whether or not people tell the truth is determined by popular vote anyway.
Old 2022-05-17, 23:06   Link #58
Gerard07

Looking at the chapter, I felt like they were going a little fast but it's ok, Tenji explained his reasons why he brought everyone to Tomodachi Game and started the third game which has an infiltrator from the management, to see how they liven things up.
Question; does anyone know how many episodes the anime will have?.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-18, 12:32   Link #59
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
Question; does anyone know how many episodes the anime will have?.
myanimelist has it with 12 chapters, looks like it's going to end with this game.
Old 2022-05-18, 12:44   Link #60
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I am very interested to see how Yuichi gets himself out of this one.