AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-04, 23:36   Link #341
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I don't think that Patty was that typical moe. Sure, Sweet Lolita style clothing is popular in anime (Rozen Maiden, sola, Petite Cosette) and Patty is a cutie. But when the chips were down, she did do some action stuff and come through.

Unfortunately, she's still cleaning house. They should liberate her and give her a gun next time if there is one, like in Gunslinger Girl imo.
Old 2007-10-05, 00:02   Link #342
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Only the game fans who can't adapt to seeing moe/loli characters added to their title to sell the DVDs.

If you can adapt, then you weren't screwed.

If they do another series, I hope that they explore Dante's psych a bit more. I think that we barely touched the surface with him.

I do sympathize with you guys. I was a little miffed about Witchblade having a MILF and not Sara. MILF + kid sells more discs in Japan than Sara would.
So you are saying I should "suck it up" when they fck over a anime, I hope the next anime you see from your fav manga gets all the blood and guts raped from it and set in a "anime only" setting with a low budget on everything and filler eps every ep because they can do a story to save themselfs..

I suppose I could bring up Hamlin however it manged to have a bitter sweet story that was not a 100% waste (maybe 20% waste when all is said and done)

Altho for me DMC is a 50% waste theres only really enough their to keep me interested for a lil bit and then comes a anime only character to ruin it, so all I have to say is its generic action horror with a out of loli experience watch if you dare LOL

really tho whats not generic now adays even lolis'n'blood are now "been there done that" 0_o

if we start out at 5/5 the charatcer get a -1 the story is not so bad the loli gets a -1 I can put up with the designs and plot I guess so a 3/5 or 5/10 is not treilbly bad I guess.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 13:08   Link #343
orion

This was not a low budget title by any stretch imo. The insert songs alone and the way ep. 12 was done meant that the budget was generous.

If you want low budget, go watch Polyphonica.

Some things in a manga version won't sell in an anime version. Sorry you're upset.
Old 2007-10-07, 13:23   Link #344
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
This was not a low budget title by any stretch imo. The insert songs alone and the way ep. 12 was done meant that the budget was generous.

If you want low budget, go watch Polyphonica.

Some things in a manga version won't sell in an anime version. Sorry you're upset.
I think Hamlin trumps that :P

But really it made me not wont to buy it and not want to see it 0-o

Even a low budget disaster can have enough direction to make it a fun and neat series...........
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 06:30   Link #345
ani_d

If I didn't see this anime, I would've always thought Dante's DMC shop never really have actual customers. AT ALL. I never even knew what EXACTLY his job was. Cuz he was always alone in the start of the game, just sitting in his chair, waiting for SOMETHING. Then demons were the only ones who would visit him and all you do is just make him hack them to pieces and crap.

It's nice they made this anime. It kind of cleared some of those mysteries that weren't explained in the game. x.x Like the shop. And I think it's a good move to put a Patty in the story. If there's someone who can hold a guy like Dante down, it would be a spunky little girl. I think it's an adorable combination. Definitely more "un-cliched" compared to introducing a new ditzy always-needs-protecting female character who would mysteriously steal Dante's heart and make him more human. Now, that would be more annoying.

Heh, Lady had more screentime than Trish. Nice move. I still say she's the best DMC heroine ever. It sucks how in DMC 4, Dante's gonna get much older. I want him to stay as young and sexy foreva hahah
ani_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 06:35   Link #346
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Heh, Lady had more screentime than Trish. Nice move. I still say she's the best DMC heroine ever. It sucks how in DMC 4, Dante's gonna get much older. I want him to stay as young and sexy foreva hahah
What are you talking about? Dante's been at his most GAR in everything DMC4 related. And he's just a few years older than he was in 1.

And what do you means they never showed us what Dante's shop is for? The manga and other material has told us he's a mercenary that only takes jobs that have supernatural elements to them. Most of the time it's Enzo who approaches him with new job offerings, much like Morrison and Lady in this anime.
Royal_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 09:29   Link #347
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Man never knew this show had a thread . But the Show was awesome but is bro didnt show up >_< and it was only 12 2 episodes
Old 2007-10-18, 21:22   Link #348
orion

I thought that game wise there was a logical reason for bro not to be there.
Old 2007-10-18, 21:47   Link #349
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Actually Vergil would probably be a better fit considering ending the battles quickly is perfectly in character for him.
Old 2007-10-19, 00:36   Link #350
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post
What are you talking about? Dante's been at his most GAR in everything DMC4 related. And he's just a few years older than he was in 1.

And what do you means they never showed us what Dante's shop is for? The manga and other material has told us he's a mercenary that only takes jobs that have supernatural elements to them. Most of the time it's Enzo who approaches him with new job offerings, much like Morrison and Lady in this anime.

What am I talking about? ^_^

DMC 1 Dante.

DMC 4 DANTE.

Ah, is that Auron with bleached hair?

Few years older? Sure, if that few years is like 10 or 20 years or something.

WHAT I WANNA SEE:

I would've been happy if they made him the same way as DMC 2, a bit older but still hot x.x Bah.

And about Dante's shop. I'm not talking about mangas and novels or whatever cuz I never knew those existed. I'm just saying IN the game cuz that's the only DMC I know before I saw the anime. That was my impression about his shop. The kind of shop he set up in the game was ambiguous and they never really explained it thoroughly. That's why I'm saying I'm grateful for the anime for clearing it all up and explaining that Dante IS really getting some customers and business is doing good. I hope I cleared that up.
Old 2007-10-19, 07:33   Link #351
SolarNova
Alone in the dark

TBH it wouldnt fit the rest of the DMC games it Dante wasnt older since DMC3 is the prequal to DMC 1 and DMC 2 is the sequal to DMC1, so DMC 4 he would have to look older than DMC2, which he does...though he does look ALOT different in my opinion ..mybe to much so..

And adding a new main character is well .. i wouldnt have done it.. DMC isnt DMC if Dante isnt the main character.. unless iv read the writups wrong and Dante is the main playable character ?

Ether way im getting the PS3 in March 2008 due to the fact there alot of good games coming out around then, which include DMC4 ..hopefully the PS3 be a little cheaper also.
SolarNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 07:46   Link #352
orion

Quote:
Actually Vergil would probably be a better fit considering ending the battles quickly is perfectly in character for him.
But plot wise from the games' perspective, it wouldn't make sense to have Vergil.

DMC4 Dante looks more "female accessible" and less angry to me from those pics.
Old 2007-10-19, 13:15   Link #353
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

In this world of too many metro men DMC4 Dante's a nice addition. DMC4 Dante is GAR and manly. Man-bra DMC3 Dante's a thing of the past.

And the purpose for Dante's shop and his job is in the DMC1 manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarNova View Post
TBH it wouldnt fit the rest of the DMC games it Dante wasnt older since DMC3 is the prequal to DMC 1 and DMC 2 is the sequal to DMC1, so DMC 4 he would have to look older than DMC2, which he does...though he does look ALOT different in my opinion ..mybe to much so..

And adding a new main character is well .. i wouldnt have done it.. DMC isnt DMC if Dante isnt the main character.. unless iv read the writups wrong and Dante is the main playable character ?

Ether way im getting the PS3 in March 2008 due to the fact there alot of good games coming out around then, which include DMC4 ..hopefully the PS3 be a little cheaper also.
Capcom seems to be doing everything to make DMC2 not canon. They continue to push it further and further back. Before you know it, DMC2 Dante will be hundreds of years old since they don't seem to want to worry about continually.

And you alternate between Nero and Dante in DMC4.
Old 2007-10-21, 00:04   Link #354
kujoe
from head to heel

Well, from what I've heard (and played) so far the timeline is supposed to go this way:

DMC3, DMC, DMC4 and finally DMC2.

DMC3 ends with Dante officially starting up his devil-hunting agency, naming it after something that Lady says at the end if I'm not mistaken. On the other hand, DMC ends with him teaming up with his first partner Trish and changing its name after something he said to her towards the end. After that I suppose he changes it back to its original name when Trish decides to go solo for a while.

So what's the significance of DMC2 really? It just seems like a random mission that occurs so far into who knows when.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 00:37   Link #355
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post

So what's the significance of DMC2 really? It just seems like a random mission that occurs so far into who knows when.
That wasn't Dante. Enzo stole his coat. It was confirmed in Viewtiful Joe
Old 2007-10-21, 04:03   Link #356
ani_d

Quote:
That wasn't Dante. Enzo stole his coat. It was confirmed in Viewtiful Joe
Huh? :| Who is this Enzo? lol

DMC4 can't possibly come before DMC2. :| He looks about 50 to me in DMC4. Well, I haven't played DMC4 yet, so maybe you know better. x.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
DMC3 ends with Dante officially starting up his devil-hunting agency, naming it after something that Lady says at the end if I'm not mistaken.
Yesh, Lady will always be the girl behind the name haha
Old 2007-10-21, 12:13   Link #357
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Huh? :| Who is this Enzo? lol

DMC4 can't possibly come before DMC2. :| He looks about 50 to me in DMC4. Well, I haven't played DMC4 yet, so maybe you know better. x.x
Enzo is the guy who comes to Dante with jobs in the DMC3 manga and DMC1 manual. Like Morrison in the anime only more awesome because he's a fat Italian guy.

And Capcom said the chronology is 3-->1-->4-->2 but to be honest they never even mentioned 2 in that insatance since it sucked so much and only serves as a blemish on an otherwise great series, thus they are doing everything to push it further and further back until they do what every DMC fan wants and just remove it from DMC canon. And Dante's in his 30s in DMC4.
Old 2007-10-21, 15:57   Link #358
kujoe
from head to heel

Heck, I didn't even play DMC2. I guess that means I'm properly following the canon according to Capcom.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 16:01   Link #359
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I played all of them XD
Old 2007-10-22, 07:30   Link #360
SolarNova
Alone in the dark

I actualy liked DMC2 gameplay wise ..but as for the story when i think about it compared to 1 and 3 ..it is completly of track..
i mean 1 is VS that dark lord guy i forget the name cuz i aint played it in ages. and in 3 he's trying to stop the demon world from being opened ..and stop his brother from gaining his farthers powers... But 2, that was just some business guy wanting more power in dark magic/power creating demons and the like ..kinda out of wack tbh.

Anyway if you say you switch between Dante and Nero its ether gunna be like DMC 2 with 2 disks .. 1 for each char .. or like say .. Legacy of Kain : Defiance. where you switch to the other character roughly after each chapter or major cut scene in the story. Ether way is fine to me ..though i prefer the Defiance way
SolarNova is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, madhouse