AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-23, 14:32   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 565 (manga)

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Looks like us OP fans have a lot to be thankful for this holiday, as we're getting twice the OP goodness this week! Anyways, aohige translated the spoiler summaries for both chapter 565 and 0 (though he warns that the summaries may not be 100% confirmed until Nja's spoilers come out, which is usually the next day). But regardless, here's what's known so far:

-Chapter title is "Path of Oars". It seems like the Supernova rookies are still at Sabaody, watching the televised war (so they somehow managed to avoid the marines, eh?). However, when the broadcast is interrupted, the rookies all go their seperate ways.

-Back at Marineford, Whitebeard attempts to break through the defensive walls, but even he's not strong enough to penetrate it. Him, Jozu and the dying giant Oars are planning to find a solution to the problem. Meanwhile, Luffy is riding a tidal wave that was produced by Jinbei in order to reach Ace, but the admirals once again block his path. Aokiji says "It's not time yet".......

Hmm, so Luffy vs. admirals, eh? Heh, Oda sure put Luffy in a lot of impossible matchups during this storyline, huh? Methinks that some of the commanders will bail him out this time around. Heck, maybe Squado will take on one of those guys, as well (I wouldn't mind seeing him take on Akainu, since he was the one who deceived him over the phone in the first place)......

I'm still pretty surprised to learn that the Supernovas are still at Sabaody. I'd think at least some of them were arrested by the marines. Maybe the injured rookies were rescued by Rayleigh.....?

I'm not surprised to see that Oars is still hanging in there, but I wonder what he can do in the state he's in? He doesn't seem to have enough power to help Whitebeard and Jozu destroy the wall, unless he plans to further damage the inner machinery....?

Well, the full summary + pics should be out in a day or two. Now I gotta go make a thread for chapter 0!
Old 2009-11-23, 14:44   Link #2
james0246

Maybe Oars can kick down...oh wait, I forgot...

Seriously though, if spoilers are legit, that is one impressive wall/defensive barrier.

Here's hoping that Buggy gets thawed out sometime during the chapter...
Old 2009-11-23, 14:55   Link #3
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Here's hoping that Buggy gets thawed out sometime during the chapter...

I concur. As I said in the last thread, Akainu's magma meteor should be able to handle the job quite nicely.

Anyway, I just finished creating the chapter 0 thread, as well. Any and all debates about Gold Lion Shiki can go there (as well at the movie 10 thread too, I guess).
Old 2009-11-23, 17:22   Link #4
PrototypeX2

What happened to Akainu's meteor shower? How is everyone still alive? How is Oars still alive?!? Wtf?
Old 2009-11-23, 17:34   Link #5
marvelB

The Monday spoilers never fully specify the full content of the chapter, so we should learn what happens with Akainu's meteor shower when the full summary comes out (should be out by tomorrow). As for Oars, I already said I wasn't surprised to see that he's still alive, but the summary said that he was still dying, so the giant's fate still remains unknown......

Frankly, I'm quite surprised to see that even old Whitebeard is unable to penetrate those defensive walls the marines put up. I wonder what they're made of? Something tells me that it's not seastone, since we saw Luffy grab the wall last chapter (and he didn't say that he felt his power weakening, so....). Maybe it's made from the same metal that makes up the Pacifistas' alloy....?
Old 2009-11-23, 20:25   Link #6
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Frankly, I'm quite surprised to see that even old Whitebeard is unable to penetrate those defensive walls the marines put up. I wonder what they're made of? Something tells me that it's not seastone, since we saw Luffy grab the wall last chapter (and he didn't say that he felt his power weakening, so....). Maybe it's made from the same metal that makes up the Pacifistas' alloy....?
I doubt the siege walls are made of the same material as the pacifistas. Zoro inflicted some damage on Kuma when he cut him on the shoulder at Thriller Bark; and the strawhat crew really wrecked the pacifista they fought at the archipelago. Considering the destructive force of Whitebeard's quake powers and his brute strength, those walls wouldn't be able to withstand that level of power if they are made of the same metal that comprises the pacifistas' alloy. In other words, people far weaker than Whitebeard managed to damage that material, and yet Whitebeard of all people wasn't able to do the same? That doesn't sound right. Those walls are most definitely made out of something else.
Old 2009-11-23, 20:44   Link #7
SMASHERJACKSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I doubt the siege walls are made of the same material as the pacifistas. Zoro inflicted some damage on Kuma when he cut him on the shoulder at Thriller Bark; and the strawhat crew really wrecked the pacifista they fought at the archipelago. Considering the destructive force of Whitebeard's quake powers and his brute strength, those walls wouldn't be able to withstand that level of power if they are made of the same metal that comprises the pacifistas' alloy. In other words, people far weaker than Whitebeard managed to damage that material, and yet Whitebeard of all people wasn't able to do the same? That doesn't sound right. Those walls are most definitely made out of something else.
clearly they are imbued with sea stone and have pressure absorbing mechanics behidn them, as well as temperature maintaining coating of some sort, probably vega punks work imo
Old 2009-11-23, 21:00   Link #8
Rainbowman

Had to replace some things in my computer but here's my review:

Quote:
-Chapter title is "Path of Oars". It seems like the Supernova rookies are still at Sabaody, watching the televised war (so they somehow managed to avoid the marines, eh?). However, when the broadcast is interrupted, the rookies all go their seperate ways.
I'm surprised the other 9 Supernovas evaded capture at Sabaody and then left in seperate directions. Where they'll go we may never know.

Quote:
-Back at Marineford, Whitebeard attempts to break through the defensive walls, but even he's not strong enough to penetrate it. Him, Jozu and the dying giant Oars are planning to find a solution to the problem. Meanwhile, Luffy is riding a tidal wave that was produced by Jinbei in order to reach Ace, but the admirals once again block his path. Aokiji says "It's not time yet".......
Oars Jr. is still hanging in there huh? And I wonder what Aokiji is implying when he said "It's not time yet"?
Old 2009-11-23, 21:27   Link #9
trafalgarcito

i thought all supernovas wanted to become pirate king (sabaody = coat = all of them going to fishman island)....if not, why should we bother knowing them if they wont be in the new world?????
Old 2009-11-23, 22:01   Link #10
Azncoke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Had to replace some things in my computer but here's my review:

I'm surprised the other 9 Supernovas evaded capture at Sabaody and then left in seperate directions. Where they'll go we may never know.

Oars Jr. is still hanging in there huh? And I wonder what Aokiji is implying when he said "It's not time yet"?
I'm pretty sure Aokiji is intrested in Luffy as well, so he might have been implying that it isn't time for Luffy to rush to his death or fight him yet.
Old 2009-11-23, 22:25   Link #11
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post

Yeah, I suppose you're right. However, I'm still ruling out seastone since Luffy touched the wall without getting weakened last chapter. Maybe it's a new metal that was developed by Vegapunk? Whatever it is, it must be a helluva lot sturdier than seastone since Whitebeard couldn't even break through it.....

And about the supernovas, I also find it slightly odd that they're still sticking around Sabaody in the first place. I mean, after that whole incident with the world nobles, you'd think that they would've high-tailed it to the New World already. Or maybe they just decided to lay low at Sabaody because they wanted to avoid Whitebeard's wrath....?
Old 2009-11-24, 09:29   Link #12
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Rejoice, Nja is back after changing his provider. (His provider was banned from 2ch, resulting in his absense for the last 3 weeks)

He confirmed Apprentice's spoilers to be real.
Additionally, Supernovas are heading to the war.
Old 2009-11-24, 09:42   Link #13
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Rejoice, Nja is back after changing his provider. (His provider was banned from 2ch, resulting in his absense for the last 3 weeks)

He confirmed Apprentice's spoilers to be real.
Additionally, Supernovas are heading to the war.
Thats awesome! Great news indeed, I am getting excited about it. But enough for spoilers for me, I have to steel myself and leave some suprises for actual chapter now.
Old 2009-11-24, 09:51   Link #14
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Oh man. This is just amazing. Now the rookies are enterin the fray. I'm lookin forward to seein Kidd, Law & Luffy team up again. I hope Oars takes out Moria.
Old 2009-11-24, 13:38   Link #15
marvelB

Oboy, Supernovas are gonna join in on the fun, eh? I'd still like to know how they managed to avoid capture in the first place, but it's great to know that the super rookies want to partake in such an epic event, as well. Maybe we'll actually get the names of their DF powers this time around......
Old 2009-11-24, 18:57   Link #16
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

It seems they escaped the water and the fire. So far, no info on how they did that. Whitebeard might have created an earthquake to bring forward first water to block the fire and then the deep floor of the sea, but that would be asking too much from him.

In any case, the characters are fine and that is good enough.

Based on the comments made by the precious rookies of all age, they do feel more like many of us, that is, disgusted by the Marines dirty way of weakening Whitebeard. I am glad they carry similar emotions, it might be a good starting point for their future actions.

And if I were them, while I was too close to Mariejois, I would actually start hunting the World Nobles. Then, we may get 4 priceless expressions from the Admirals. Who knows, maybe that is what Dragon may currently be planning and doing.

Quote:
... watching the televised war (so they somehow managed to avoid the marines, eh?).
I wonder if the Byrds was singing at some point during the televise...
Old 2009-11-24, 21:26   Link #17
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
The Supernova's are coming, but i wonder what they could really do at this point. It seems like this fight is moving to an end maybe. Oars shouldn't get himself mangled more than what he already is, but i guess Moria likes his zombies stitched.
Old 2009-11-25, 01:11   Link #18
marvelB

Well, some spoiler pics leaked out that showed our supernova buddies at Sabaody (man, it's great to see Urouge's goofy grin again!). Luffy facing off against the admirals is shown, as well (it looks like he's in his Gear 2 pose.....). I suppose the reason for the supernovas' presence at Sabaody will be made clear once the pics are translated.....
Old 2009-11-25, 03:08   Link #19
james0246

Thanks Aohige for some translations on the released pics.

The one half-image of Luffy standing in front of the Admirals is pretty damn impressive...
Old 2009-11-25, 03:09   Link #20
PrototypeX2

So Luffy is really against 3 admirals at once.It is obvious that he will return back to starting point by a light kick from Kizaru
Closed Thread