AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-04-01, 20:02   Link #24121
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

*deploys a GDI Crawler*

Well that was instant enough.
Old 2010-04-01, 20:15   Link #24122
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Actually, considering the date I'm surprised the FFT has been so quiet otherwise. I was expecting more pranks and crack.
Old 2010-04-01, 20:18   Link #24123
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Actually, considering the date I'm surprised the FFT has been so quiet otherwise. I was expecting more pranks and crack.
I have to agree with you; I didn't think I'd be the only one to attempt something, heh.^^;; April Fool's is my favorite holiday, just because it's one of the last ones that's not heavily commercialized, haha!
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 21:01   Link #24124
sniperk
Overgrown Kid

Okay, little something I was working for Decisions.

The moment Nanoha tell her parents about Vivio.

Spoiler for She's my daughter...:

I would ask to post comments on spoiler tags, but I'm not yet at that level.

Last edited by sniperk; 2010-04-01 at 21:17. Reason: Errors pointed out. Thanks 00-Raiser
sniperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 21:13   Link #24125
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperk View Post

Spoiler for Comments:
Old 2010-04-01, 21:45   Link #24126
LesChaussettes

Quote:

Spoiler for Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
More new people, welcome!

Well, in an effort to jump start my writing, I worked out this one piece. Not sure how well it works, and warning that it's a bit angsty and sad.

Spoiler for Passing:

Oh, if you reply, use spoiler tags please.^^
Spoiler for On Vita's bunny:

Also, I realise that I'm in a strange time zone, so the thread grows exponentially when I'm sleeping! -is sad-

-tries to catch up-
LesChaussettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 21:51   Link #24127
sniperk
Overgrown Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesChaussettes View Post
Also, I realise that I'm in a strange time zone, so the thread grows exponentially when I'm sleeping! -is sad-

-tries to catch up-
Ditto. But in my case is more about work and less about sleeping. My working shift is strange even for my own colleagues. -.-"
sniperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 23:05   Link #24128
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
I giggled. Does that mean she turned Kyouya on the wedding night?
Nope. Just married-to-someone-supernatural. Actually, I suspect that Shinobu can't "turn" anyone, since the Tsukimuras seem to be "vampire species" instead of "the walking undead."

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Something general that I've noticed though, about multi-chapter fics--most people seem to begin their fics with a prologue of some sort that doesn't involve any of the main cast. The prologues seem to focus on the villains, or some minor character who gets killed off pretty quick ....has anyone else noticed this trend?
It's actually a very common trend in original fiction as well, particularly the mystery/thriller genre (it's basically mandatory in espionage/suspense thrillers). Beginning a story with a prologue allows for some scene-setting, some foreshadowing, a chance to show the villainous side being extremely successful and/or evil without having to have a "good guy" character be the victim, and to plunge in with a (hopefully) exciting/dramatic scene of action, tension, and/or violence. Then the first actual chapter can introduce the protagonist, usually in a more "relaxed" setting that can focus on the character and build plot for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Spoiler for Comments:
Spoiler for A correction to one of the comments:
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 23:57   Link #24129
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Spoiler for A correction to one of the comments:
I stand corrected. Guess I'm too used to refering to all characters by first-last name.
Old 2010-04-02, 01:22   Link #24130
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:

Spoiler for Comments:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 01:41   Link #24131
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Welcome aboard Moczo. I hope you remember me from all those comments I left on Infinity. I never mentioned it before, but I was most impressed with your promptness in dealing with issues I raised regarding your fic. It's a good attitude compared to those who prefer wasting pages of text to defend their writing rather admit they slipped up.
This is the best place to find background info on Nanoha. Even if it isn't here, someone here can point you to it.
Remember you? I fear you. When I see 'Jimmy C.' in the new reviews, I know that I have done something wrong, and all I can do is fearfully hope that it's something small that I can actually go back and fix...

(Seriously though, thanks for that. I need to know my mistakes so I can fix them or at least not make them again.)

And speaking of Infinity, the next chapter is up. Exposition ahoy!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5144486/20/Infinity
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 02:38   Link #24132
isagrimorie
Zombie Slayer in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Remember you? I fear you. When I see 'Jimmy C.' in the new reviews, I know that I have done something wrong, and all I can do is fearfully hope that it's something small that I can actually go back and fix...

(Seriously though, thanks for that. I need to know my mistakes so I can fix them or at least not make them again.)

And speaking of Infinity, the next chapter is up. Exposition ahoy!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5144486/20/Infinity
New Infinity! And imposing Shamal! I wish I could say something more wordy but all I'm left with is UPDATE!
Old 2010-04-02, 11:44   Link #24133
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Was in a mood, and wrote this while listening to "Kings and Queens" by 30 Seconds To Mars. It made sense in my head, at least.

Spoiler for The Kings and Queens of Promise:
Old 2010-04-02, 11:52   Link #24134
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Was in a mood, and wrote this while listening to "Kings and Queens" by 30 Seconds To Mars. It made sense in my head, at least.

Aha, angst, I did not expect that from you. :P Interesting take on the post-StrikerS aspect. Even if we think we are over something, the merest thought we could descend like that, is enough to fulfill our fears and make things worse. I think you've captured that essence well. Interesting read.^^
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 12:12   Link #24135
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Spoiler for Western!Nanoha pt.1l:
Spoiler for Western!Nanoha pt.2:
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 12:36   Link #24136
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:

Backsliding is hard, and I'm glad that Fate managed to pull herself together on her own without anyone forcing her to, except for a few gentle words from Signum. Erio and Caro taking Fate's abandonment relatively well is just heartbreaking, since most ten year olds shouldn't have taken it so well. It just goes to show how prematurely grown-up they are.

The way you don't go too much into their thoughts just makes the whole thing that much more tragic in the readers' minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Spoiler for Western!Nanoha pt.1l:
Spoiler for Western!Nanoha pt.2:
O Take the stairs....she's a lady, and I can just see her sauntering down the stairs to taunt Fate .
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 12:37   Link #24137
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:

Very well done and all, but I just don't see why Fate would suddenly shun them like that. On Caro and Erio's part, they don't want to rely on Fate and cause trouble for her (whereas Fate wants them to rely on her), so if she's locked away doing work or whatever, I'm sure they'd miss her but I don't think they'd react that dramatically. They'd probably make attempts to talk to her if it was really that bad.

Then again most of their relationship development was in the 2nd StrikerS Sound Stage, so perhaps you haven't listened to that yet?

Anyways, like I said it's still well done and you did a good job conveying the emotions, I personally just can't see the characters doing this.
Old 2010-04-02, 12:43   Link #24138
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I hate QTEs. Ugh.

Western!Nanoha is a good enough idea to stand on its own as an original work, rather than a snarl-of-copyright-violations fanfic crossover thing. You'd just have to remove the bits of MGLN and Outlaw Star...
Old 2010-04-02, 12:45   Link #24139
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Very well done and all, but I just don't see why Fate would suddenly shun them like that. On Caro and Erio's part, they don't want to rely on Fate and cause trouble for her (whereas Fate wants them to rely on her), so if she's locked away doing work or whatever, I'm sure they'd miss her but I don't think they'd react that dramatically. They'd probably make attempts to talk to her if it was really that bad.

Then again most of their relationship development was in the 2nd StrikerS Sound Stage, so perhaps you haven't listened to that yet?

Anyways, like I said it's still well done and you did a good job conveying the emotions, I personally just can't see the characters doing this.
I haven't heard any of the Sound Stages, so I wouldn't know any of that, and mostly since I was in a mood that kind of dictated what the characters were doing; though the main idea was supposed to be that Fate wasn't even giving them a chance to try and talk to her. But yeah, I didn't really give it much build-up or background, so I can understand how it's jarring.
Old 2010-04-02, 12:47   Link #24140
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:

Hm, I might be biased since I'm already in the mindset after writing "Forever My Mother", but I can see Fate genuinely worrying about the dark things inside her head that Precia left her. I highly doubt that one motivational speech will knock her out of that, but at the same time I can't see Fate emo-ing over it (which I don't feel that she is in here, just...tired and hurt and wanting to avoid the conflicted emotions that she has) so the short time frame in the short works for me.

Hm, you make a good point on Erio and Caro's personalities, but I think that a sudden change in behaviour from Fate would still make them somewhat anxious...

Then again, I haven't listened to the Sound Stage, so maybe I'm totally off in terms of the nature of their relationship .
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha