AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-05-04, 11:00   Link #1181
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

The golem fire the heat wave from its left hand. Houki doesn't know how powerful the new weapon is before she fires it, so she only fires it into the left hand in hope for it to be enough to disable the heat wave attack.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 11:18   Link #1182
zeroknight03

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
The golem fire the heat wave from its left hand. Houki doesn't know how powerful the new weapon is before she fires it, so she only fires it into the left hand in hope for it to be enough to disable the heat wave attack.
I see, not knowing how powerful the weapon is explains it a little better then. Cores (in other fictional universes) would usually be more armored since getting the core destroyed is game over so disabling the weapon is a good idea in those cases. In the IS universe however, don't shield energies for golems apply to the whole body equally so won't the defense be the same for all parts?

Maybe the physical armor was also taken into account. On that note, did Houki have trouble slicing up the physical armor of the golem which ran out of shield energy? (probably wasn't even mentioned though)

Ah well, I'll just chalk it up to her not expecting it to be that powerful. She must've thought it was just on the level of Laura's railgun or something that can delay the opponent's attack. After seeing Tatenashi's huge explosion wasn't enough to defeat the first golem, I'm sure she thought that no attack can just blow the golem up in one move. But now that she knows its power, I'm afraid of what she's going to use Ugachi for in the future fights (long distance one shot).

And thanks for the summary yet again.
zeroknight03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 11:45   Link #1183
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

The core has and extra defense since it's made from a special rare material. Even a strong punch from Ichika's IS is not enough to destroy the exposed core. Probably every IS student know about this. Either that or it's another plot hole why she didn't shoot the core. I also mentioned it back then about this, but I chalk it up to Houki not expecting the weapon to be that powerful and try the safe way.
Old 2011-05-04, 12:03   Link #1184
Vector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroknight03 View Post
However, I still can't help but try to think of a reason why it's just the left hand though. You would think destroying the core is the best choice.
just my thought

Spoiler for Armor of golem:
Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 23:42   Link #1185
HasuMasu
*Artist

so tabane's the big-bad after all

oh my

on another note,

this would be a great end to season 2

and now that kuroi's summaries are done this thread will soon die

Last edited by HasuMasu; 2011-05-05 at 00:41.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 01:29   Link #1186
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Okay, great summary, but isn't it a bit contradictory? Tabane said that unmanned IS are weaker than piloted ones, but then how come Ichika and his harem, even with Tatenashi, had such a hard time dealing with it?Or is this one of Tabane's miscalculations?
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 02:00   Link #1187
FreedmAngl

Yay ichika finally used his bloody brain
FreedmAngl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 02:34   Link #1188
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Okay, great summary, but isn't it a bit contradictory? Tabane said that unmanned IS are weaker than piloted ones, but then how come Ichika and his harem, even with Tatenashi, had such a hard time dealing with it?Or is this one of Tabane's miscalculations?
they had to be tough for plot purposes
Old 2011-05-05, 03:12   Link #1189
zeroknight03

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
When she said "weaker than piloted ones", it was probably more on the potential sense. An IS will only improve and reach its maximum potential when it's being piloted by someone while unmanned machines just stay on the same level as it was when it was made.
Old 2011-05-05, 05:15   Link #1190
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Well, one of the reason is probably the IS that Tabane made for the golem is far more advanced than the one Ichika and co use technological wise, especially the armor and energy shield part. It's Tabane for God sake, the mad scientist who make 4th gen IS while everyone else in the world can barely catch up with the latest 3rd gen technology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedmAngl View Post
Yay ichika finally used his bloody brain
Ichika use his brain? when? :P
Old 2011-05-05, 05:26   Link #1191
FreedmAngl

Quote:
Well, one of the reason is probably the IS that Tabane made for the golem is far more advanced than the one Ichika and co use technological wise, especially the armor and energy shield part. It's Tabane for God sake, the mad scientist who make 4th gen IS while everyone else in the world can barely catch up with the latest 3rd gen technology.

Ichika use his brain? when? :P
not exactly but training kicked in somewhat
FreedmAngl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 05:48   Link #1192
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
This episode is really about the Sarashiki sisters. They really took the spotlight during the battle. Houki took some of the spotlight too with her new weapon, but none at all for Ichika =.="
i wonder why he didn't god finger the golem's core with setsura
Old 2011-05-05, 05:49   Link #1193
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

So Tatenashi can get the final kill before she passed out :P
Old 2011-05-05, 05:50   Link #1194
zeroknight03

Quote:
9. Punch at the golem's core after making a hole in the armor using Yukihira(why the hell doesn't he slash the golem's core using Yukihira instead of punching it =.=")
Can Yukihira even slash through a core? I thought it was primarily a barrier bypassing attack that auto-activates absolute defense so the opponent instantly runs out of energy. Although it does look like a laser blade that can slice through anything and it did cut off a golem's arm before, can it also slice through cores?

And when you say "activated the amulet of Tatenashi", he did activate it at the same time as the punch right? If it was at the same time as the punch, it makes sense to just use the punch since it lets his arm holding the amulet near the core of the golem. The punch's purpose then is to let the amulet be near the core. He probably thought it was wiser to follow Tatenashi's plan than try and slash it (it also lets Tatenashi have the spotlight for the finishing blow).
Old 2011-05-05, 05:53   Link #1195
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
So Tatenashi can get the final kill before she passed out :P
ahh, ofcourse, my bad
Old 2011-05-05, 06:08   Link #1196
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroknight03 View Post
Can Yukihira even slash through a core? I thought it was primarily a barrier bypassing attack that auto-activates absolute defense so the opponent instantly runs out of energy. Although it does look like a laser blade that can slice through anything and it did cut off a golem's arm before, can it also slice through cores?

And when you say "activated the amulet of Tatenashi", he did activate it at the same time as the punch right? If it was at the same time as the punch, it makes sense to just use the punch since it lets his arm holding the amulet near the core of the golem. The punch's purpose then is to let the amulet be near the core. He probably thought it was wiser to follow Tatenashi's plan than try and slash it (it also lets Tatenashi have the spotlight for the finishing blow).
Well, I'm sure thrusting a sword works better in destroying something than punching it even with a normal sword,but yes, he does drop the amulet on the same time as his punch so you raise a valid point. I just feel he can slash the amulet rather than punch it though if he really intend to destroy the core himself. Less risk too since it's pretty dangerous should his punch doesn't blow the golem far enough, he might get caught in the blast from that aqua crystal.
Old 2011-05-05, 06:22   Link #1197
zeroknight03

Quote:
Less risk too since it's pretty dangerous should his punch doesn't blow the golem far enough, he might get caught in the blast from that aqua crystal.
Oh, that answers a question I was about to ask on whether he just stood there as it exploded or if he flew away. So it was the punch that also caused the distance.

Personally, I would've just let Houki take another shot at it with Ugachi for the safest method. Unless of course Ugachi has limited ammo that can't be replenished by Kenran Butou or something. And I guess the author can't really let someone outshine the heroines of the volume Tatenashi and Kanzashi so that idea is out.
Old 2011-05-05, 06:50   Link #1198
Javiersansano

when can we expect volume 8 release? of course, assuming that the author publishes, or begins publishing regularly
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 06:53   Link #1199
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
when can we expect volume 8 release? of course, assuming that the author publishes, or begins publishing regularly
now i wonder who the cover girl will be, kanzashi? ran? ichika (for once)?
Old 2011-05-05, 07:06   Link #1200
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
now i wonder who the cover girl will be, kanzashi? ran? ichika (for once)?
It will never be Ichika..........if the author begins directing the story towards the Ichika-Madoka - which is ought to be connected to Phantom Task & Tabane-Houki - when my bet would be Madoka..........hot cover of Madoka / Younger Chifuyu is ought to sell. This cover my also work if next volume is a flashback
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen