AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-03-24, 18:01   Link #1761
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
^ Yeah, the whole world is about to go to kingdom come and he is still being sporty about it.
Vejita will later do the same with Cell.
It's all about the pride of the saiyans. Rather than doing things the easy way, they continuously seek to fight strong adversaries. They love to fight; and even if that means putting the world in danger, so be it .
Old 2010-03-25, 04:42   Link #1762
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
It's all about the pride of the saiyans. Rather than doing things the easy way, they continuously seek to fight strong adversaries. They love to fight; and even if that means putting the world in danger, so be it .
Pride, brainless battle lust; it makes no difference for them.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 09:14   Link #1763
Freerunner

yeah it has one upside though -

they would never defeat more powerful enemy that comes, if they didnt push their limits with a previous one.
Freerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 09:31   Link #1764
roriconfan
Banned

I though training and shooting / healing yourself again and again could do the same.
Old 2010-03-25, 13:14   Link #1765
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
I though training and shooting / healing yourself again and again could do the same.
Not necessarily. Saiyans live and die by their pride. Fighting against opponents that are on par or even stronger than them will most likely leave them near death which of course, causes their large increase in power level once they recover. Training won't do the same because I don't believe anyone would train to near death.

Most of the cases in DBZ when a Saiyan is training results in an accident which leads to a near death situation which is why Goku and Vegeta got much stronger after their solo training sessions.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 14:22   Link #1766
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
^ Yeah, the whole world is about to go to kingdom come and he is still being sporty about it.
Vejita will later do the same with Cell.
Oddly I was thinking the same thing when reflecting on this episode. Really there isn't much of a difference between the two situations other than the end result. Makes one look like an idiot and the other look cool . Reasonably it's probably better to win now since there is a ticking time bomb below them and if Goku doesn't win Freeza can waltz over to Earth and kill everyone without breaking a sweat.

But yeah can't get in the way of Saiyan pride. It's not worth doing if you aren't defeating the enemy at their best. Of course in this situation it is also a piece of revenge. Wants to make sure Freeza feels the helplessness of being unable to beat him before he finishes it off. Leave no illusion that there was a chance for Freeza to win.
Old 2010-03-25, 20:24   Link #1767
roriconfan
Banned

Saiyan pride has a lot of help on Earth. Earth has healing beans and dragonballs that allow a Saiyan to be more risky and cocky. It is so much easier to be healed or be ressurected so what if you take more risks? That allows a much faster rate of empowerment. Not to mention the dr. Brief's gravity machine, Kami's teachings and the Time Room.
Old 2010-03-26, 05:07   Link #1768
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Not necessarily. Saiyans live and die by their pride. Fighting against opponents that are on par or even stronger than them will most likely leave them near death which of course, causes their large increase in power level once they recover. Training won't do the same because I don't believe anyone would train to near death.

Most of the cases in DBZ when a Saiyan is training results in an accident which leads to a near death situation which is why Goku and Vegeta got much stronger after their solo training sessions.
Also, with that kind of a fatalistic society of constant battling, I doubt they'd really be able to survive all those near death experiences. Hence why only the true freaks like Brolly came about.

But really, I do think the training + healing is a part of it. Without those Senzu beans, Goku would have never turned into a Supersaiyan and Vegeta wouldn't have had the courage to keep fighting against Freeza the way he did. And of course, that 'normal' training between Kai-Oh and the gravity room obviously helped.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 12:04   Link #1769
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Just finished 50. I always love how agreeable Ten Shin Han and Yamcha are about letting their bodies rot an extra year. (Which come to think of it, is impossible since the dragon can't wish people back after a year.)

Spoiler for Ep 51:
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 12:26   Link #1770
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
Spoiler for Ep 51:
Heh, easily one of the best scenes of the arc.
Old 2010-03-30, 20:33   Link #1771
Vicious108

Just watched 50. Good episode but could've been better since they were clearly dragging it out at the end so the episode would finish in the same place as the original DBZ one.

Also this episode had some pretty funny moments. Like Tenshinhan telling Yamcha that he had Bulma waiting for him. Lol if only the poor guy could see into the future.

And also Bulma saying Piccolo would probably prefer to stay in his home planet when it's about to be blown to pieces. Moments like that remind me of how hilarious she was in the original DB.

And man I really hope Nozawa's performance in the scene Shiosai quoted is better than it was in the preview.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 22:26   Link #1772
Freerunner

yeah, episode dragged it a bit. they power up - and wee f'in' SEE that namek is blown to shi* with their enormous energy, no need to show all those rocks cracking that much.
Freerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 22:49   Link #1773
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

As much as I love the series' pacing so far, I agree that the episode felt sluggish. =\

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 03:36   Link #1774
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
And also Bulma saying Piccolo would probably prefer to stay in his home planet when it's about to be blown to pieces. Moments like that remind me of how hilarious she was in the original DB.
Yeah i totally agree with you, and that was easily the best scene of the episode.

Will also agree that this episode felt a bit sluggish. It's pretty obvious that they wanted to end the episode at that point, though it feels seeing an episode like this, 50 episodes in.
Old 2010-03-31, 16:07   Link #1775
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Weird, I don't remember Mr. Popo not being able to speak full sentences. Or maybe it's because it's with Shenlong.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 18:17   Link #1776
Neosovereign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noe View Post
Weird, I don't remember Mr. Popo not being able to speak full sentences. Or maybe it's because it's with Shenlong.
In the dub, at least, Mr. Popo spoke much better than the sub gives him credit for.
He did speak a little strangely though.
Neosovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 18:20   Link #1777
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neosovereign View Post
In the dub, at least, Mr. Popo spoke much better than the sub gives him credit for.
He did speak a little strangely though.
At least in the Portuguese dub he didn't speak correct sentences so I didn't really find the subs that strange
Old 2010-04-01, 10:16   Link #1778
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

I still enjoy the voicework in DBZ Abridged's Mr. Popo the best. =)

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 03:03   Link #1779
Blaat

And... they've included the Gohan vs Frieza filler 'fight'.

Spoiler for episode 51 + preview:
Old 2010-04-04, 05:40   Link #1780
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
And... they've included the Gohan vs Frieza filler 'fight'.
...Expected, but still disappointing. That was one of the dumbest fillers out there.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote