AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-10-23, 15:45   Link #41
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ* View Post
I agree. It was shown before Obito absorbed the 10 tails, that Madara is not going down easily. At the moment he's messing about and distracting Hashirama for some unknown reason.

Madara is a big name, has the attitude of a villain, has been supercharged, and still, according to him at least, has another trick up his sleeve. He was and would be far more entertaining as the main villain.

That said, I hope this isn't how Obito is defeated. It would be incredibly lame. He has had every attack completely nullified so far.
you know, i was under the impression that madara has already revealed his trump card...he started off by saying that he needed to play it before obito got too far ahead of him. in recent chapters he has let us know that to take on obito he needs hashirama sage arts and then proceeded to try and take them...i dont think he has any other card left to play. if he is going to remain relevant to the story, then sadly hashirama is gonna have to fall...

obito was always destined to go down sniffling...(i have stronger words but ill withhold)...deep down he never really wanted to win. how sad is it that the world can only be a better place if its an illusion...he want naruto to win...he has been stalling since he stole gin and kin from that pot...

but then again
Old 2013-10-23, 16:03   Link #42
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Seems like Obito's story is ending soon, We still have Madara though. No talk-no-jutsu gonna work on that guy.
Old 2013-10-23, 16:22   Link #43
janipani

I like more mangas with truly evil villains. Those that are rotten to core like many people in real world.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 19:58   Link #44
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
I like more mangas with truly evil villains. Those that are rotten to core like many people in real world.
agreed. that used to be orochimaru (and hopefully still is). even tobi (with mask) was pretty evil. but right now it seems to be nobody... all the villains have sob stories. it's pretty lame

i wish obito had just gone legitimately crazy and there wasn't any hope of redemption and he was just a homicidal psycho. that would have been much better
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 20:13   Link #45
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ* View Post
That said, I hope this isn't how Obito is defeated. It would be incredibly lame. He has had every attack completely nullified so far.
This fight was never about attacks or jutsu. It was about showing Naruto has a posse becuase he overcame his hardships, while Obito never could. Obito cannot win because he is alone. And to show the life he could of had if he manned up, relied on his friends, still believed in his dreams, and got over Rin.

Obito was already defeated. Now Kishi is setting up for him to die heroically while stopping Madara.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 20:14   Link #46
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i wish obito had just gone legitimately crazy and there wasn't any hope of redemption and he was just a homicidal psycho. that would have been much better
The homicidal maniac card with Obito/Tobi is a very poor justification of his actions, everything he did had a purpose, all of them don't include baseless violence. He has his reasons reasons for plunging the world into war. Making it so that he just did it to kill people is pants-on-head retarded and it'd be a less believable reason for starting all that crap as well, he wanted bring Rin back in the IT and bring about faux-peace to the world, not satisfy psychotic rages; serial killer excuse is a no-go.

Obito and Madara are just well-intentioned extremists, you just aren't going to get irredeemable antagonists in this series.
Orochimaru is the closest but he isn't there (Maybe he will though, who knows?).
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 21:15   Link #47
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaxlikenoob View Post
Making it so that he just did it to kill people is pants-on-head retarded
nope. pants-on-head retarded is bringing the whole world to war over Rin's death. and of course crying about it endlessly

i didnt say there shouldn't have been a reason for obito to go insane. i said him being a legitimate evil person would be way better than this drivel. it's the same thing again and again. a good person gone wrong, blah blah blah. bad people do exist. we're talking about a person who wanted to literally control the entire world, taking everyone's free will away and killing anyone who got in his way in the process. do we really need a redemption sob-story from such a character? when you watch historical recounts of hitler or stalin or bundy or dahmer do you secretly wish they had a sob story that made them do what they did? and in the very end get redeemed by helping a little? it's stupid.
Old 2013-10-23, 23:07   Link #48
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Seriously, why do people keep thinking Rin is the entire and only reason Obito goes with the Moon's Eye Plan? Rin getting killed is the catalyst that sets Obito on his nihilistic path, he's convinced that the world he lives in piece of garbage, and uses Rin's circumstances leading to her death as an example of how he thinks the wretched the world is. Where having to get your teamate ( a friend, no less! ) perform assisted-suicide on you just so you prevent yourself from hurting/killing your loved ones. Her death to Obito was what one could say was an eye-opening experience, Madara's words fanning the flames of his new world-view weren't helping him mourn any better.
Also where the hell did the crying endlessy about Rin come from? The guy's only talked about it to people two times for fuck's sake, he's never mentioned her to anyone sans Madara and Kakashi.

If you didn't pick it up by now I'll say it now. When Kishimoto writes a character and develops them to a certain extent he will always make up a background for them and always gives the readers reasons for what drives them. Likely the only exception to this is Hidan.

I don't know if Obito will be possibly redeemed or not, and I am not defending if it makes a good plot-point ( as it is subjective ), however what I am defending are HIS reasons for doing all of the stuff he did ( as misguided as they may be ).

And since when were we talking about RL? I'm addressing this series exclusively, thank you very much.
Old 2013-10-23, 23:15   Link #49
itachi-san314

Quote:
Seriously, why do people keep thinking Rin is the entire and only reason Obito goes with the Moon's Eye Plan?
because that is all obito has said
Quote:
Also where the hell did the crying endlessy about Rin come from?
obito's mouth
Quote:
thank you very much.
you're welcome
Old 2013-10-23, 23:21   Link #50
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:
because that is all obito has said
obito's mouth
you're welcome
... Did you bother reading the entire thing or just resort to trolling?

W.e. screw it, it seems like you dislike each chapter that's come out recently anyway.
Old 2013-10-24, 02:04   Link #51
itachi-san314

Quote:
... Did you bother reading the entire thing or just resort to trolling?
i read it and it was nonsensical. it's impossible to discuss anything with someone who invents their own story. not only that, but you won't even acknowledge that literature (however fantastical) is rooted in the author's understanding of history and reality. i.e. the bijou being used as war deterrents in a cold war between rival villages are rooted in the reality of atomic weapons
Old 2013-10-24, 02:41   Link #52
oompa loompa

TBH, I thought Itachi was by far the best villain of the show. But then again, having him as Snape was also fairly fitting.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 03:53   Link #53
MadaraXuchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
in recent chapters he has let us know that to take on obito he needs hashirama sage arts and then proceeded to try and take them...i dont think he has any other card left to play. if he is going to remain relevant to the story, then sadly hashirama is gonna have to fall...
how will madara use hashiramas' sage art?
Yes i know madara pocesses hashiramas wood-style chakra and all but 'sage art' is a special skill that has to be learnt by the user.
An example is kabuto, even after absorbing orochimaru's chakra he had to go to the Ryuuchi cave to learn senjutsu.
But i wont underestimate madara. With that shinobi very few things are impossible. His 'aquired senjutsu' might even be his trump card.
MadaraXuchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 04:27   Link #54
janipani

It would be good trolling from Kishi, if after Madara and Obito has been defeated and Naruto is announced to be Hokage series ends in way that in final panel Naruto and Sasuke is about to clash with smiling faces and we will never know who wins.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 05:06   Link #55
sasuke2007
Missing-Nin

The last panel of Naruto is the most epic I have ever seen him look.

Quote:
Naruto and Sasuke is about to clash with smiling faces and we will never know who wins.
Bro, I'm not even sure if Sasuke is on the same level as Naruto now. Sasuke is compared to Madara, Naruto is compared to the Sage of Six Paths.

It's Showtime
sasuke2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 06:33   Link #56
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke2007 View Post
Bro, I'm not even sure if Sasuke is on the same level as Naruto now. Sasuke is compared to Madara, Naruto is compared to the Sage of Six Paths.
Quoted for truth! Especially now when it seams Naruto will absorb other 7 bijuus...
Old 2013-10-24, 07:03   Link #57
Monster0

Kabuto can regain control over Madara,he was going to take Itachi back remember.
It wont be easy but a crafty bastard like Kabuto probably implanted a seal already.
And all Kabuto has to do to break free from the trance is to realise his true self,which could be the all out evil guy some people would like to see in this story.
I've always thought Kabuto's character was creepier than Orochimaru.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 11:37   Link #58
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Quoted for truth! Especially now when it seams Naruto will absorb other 7 bijuus...
not outright disagreeing here but the sage was the SAGE before sealing the 10tails correct? naruto who is currently minus uchiha lineage and rinnegan would be at best some sort of omni-jinchuriki if he actually absorbs the remaining 7...

but oohhh wait! here is the punchline...he is actually gonna give/pair the bijuu with his rookie friends (or whoever alive is compatible) LOL j/k (but the bijuu are gonna have to go somewhere/do something as long as this war continues)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadaraXuchiha View Post
how will madara use hashiramas' sage art?
Yes i know madara pocesses hashiramas wood-style chakra and all but 'sage art' is a special skill that has to be learnt by the user.
An example is kabuto, even after absorbing orochimaru's chakra he had to go to the Ryuuchi cave to learn senjutsu.
But i wont underestimate madara. With that shinobi very few things are impossible. His 'aquired senjutsu' might even be his trump card.
i dont think he has another card to play but of course, he very well could have one...
madara should be able to use senjutsu chakra since he has the power of the rinnegan. we saw edo nagato rob 8tails chakra in order to return himself to primetime power, before that we saw the chakra-absorbing Pain turn to a frog when he captured naruto. there is evidence in the story that chakra can be stolen and then utilized. perhaps its only momentary but they maybe all the time he would need to take obito down and considering obito is losing resolve it wouldnt be that hard...

edit: sorry didnt mean to double post

Last edited by james0246; 2013-10-24 at 12:34. Reason: double post - next time edit your posts together...
Artimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 15:57   Link #59
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:
i read it and it was nonsensical. it's impossible to discuss anything with someone who invents their own story.
All the stuff I've said comes from the manga, if Obito really started world war because of Rin then he could've just used Rinne Tensei and be done with it.

And if you still wanna call the it non-sensical be my guest, I've said my piece.
Quote:
not only that, but you won't even acknowledge that literature (however fantastical) is rooted in the author's understanding of history and reality. i.e. the bijou being used as war deterrents in a cold war between rival villages are rooted in the reality of atomic weapons
You don't think I know the allegories to real life in Naruto? Dude it's pretty obvious what the Bijuu are to the world. Then you bring up Hitler or Stalin with a redemption story (wtf?), if you look at my first post I never made a mention of anything like that, only the validity of Obito's reasons compared to being a psychopath.
Old 2013-10-24, 20:40   Link #60
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
but oohhh wait! here is the punchline...he is actually gonna give/pair the bijuu with his rookie friends (or whoever alive is compatible)
uummmmm.... could you please stop giving kishi ideas like this? it actually kind of adds up and apparently the kyuubi cloak isn't extremely harmful and unbearable to people anymore since the kyuubi turned 'good', so maybe the k11 and gaara tag-teaming with the bijou isn't that far off... it's the stuff of nightmares...

Last edited by itachi-san314; 2013-10-24 at 20:50.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion