AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-23, 00:56   Link #901
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
I think a author could write a good story without a good editor but a good editor would make thing s a lot easier.
actually I think that an editors are more interested in helping an author grow, whereas many authors feel that they are at the pinnacle of their skill, and that nothing can compare to their work, it's a really vain side, but to be a good author, you have to be confident about your work, and an editor for the most part can counter act those impulses to claim perfection, because their jobs are tied to not only current success but future success, at least in Bakuman, we see that the mangaka's are nurtured given oppurtunities even after they "fail."
Old 2010-01-23, 19:55   Link #902
Xagzan

Fabulous chapter I say. Bringing Iwase back into the story in a major way, and having Nizuma and his crazy action poses be a part of it? Awesome.
Old 2010-01-27, 16:34   Link #903
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Oh well, as we thought the strongest manga-artist team comes to birth with the Nizuma-Iwase pair.

Also we've got to see the game-maniac mysterious mangaka too. Interesting...Another possible pairing for Iwase maybe? Man...recently I want to pair her up with anyone?
Old 2010-01-27, 16:51   Link #904
Somnus
Eh?

Man, I really, REALLY like Iwase. I want someone cool to romantically pair up with her (Takagi or otherwise).

Also, am I the only one the wants to read her manga? After reading the concept and looking at the art syle/main character, I wish it was real.
Old 2010-01-27, 18:35   Link #905
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
Man, I really, REALLY like Iwase. I want someone cool to romantically pair up with her (Takagi or otherwise).

Also, am I the only one the wants to read her manga? After reading the concept and looking at the art syle/main character, I wish it was real.
Takagi and Iwase aren't a good match. Iwase's too reserved, so there'd be no passion. Well, I just think the sex would be boring, which completely kills any chance of Takagi being involved. Iwase needs someone that compliments her arrogant personality better, or someone that makes her let her guard down so she expresses herself more. Takagi is neither of those.

Yes, I really want to read it, too! xD

I was kind of surprised Tanto got in. I shouldn't have been, but I really didn't want it to, so I was trying not to expect it I guess. xD Oh well, hopefully it will get trashed soon enough.
Old 2010-01-27, 18:49   Link #906
Wrath88
Kissing...

You think Niizuma will use his 'trash a series' card to force Ashirogi to go back to what he thinks is best suited for them instead of comedy like Miura wants?

Lol, his participation in the new series got outed pretty fast, and I wonder whether the mangaka is enjoying being able to put all the SD character expressions.
Old 2010-01-27, 21:34   Link #907
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

I think I want Mashiro to do a new series
I don't like the concept of Tanto that much

still new chapter is awesome

Old 2010-01-27, 22:03   Link #908
Xion Valkyrie

Even though Tanto got in, it feels like Ashirogi has a LOT of catching up to do.
Old 2010-01-27, 23:32   Link #909
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
You think Niizuma will use his 'trash a series' card to force Ashirogi to go back to what he thinks is best suited for them instead of comedy like Miura wants?
Things definitely head to this direction. It was impossible because Niizuma couldn't make to the top but now this chapter explicitly states it's a likely goal with two titles combined.
Old 2010-01-28, 02:55   Link #910
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yeah, I said that too a week or two ago...still hoping for it!
Quote:
Iwase needs someone that compliments her arrogant personality better, or someone that makes her let her guard down so she expresses herself more.
-Raises the EijixIwase flag-
Gotta wonder which series is gonna do better, just for the sake of the plot...any chance of being a tie?
Old 2010-01-28, 04:39   Link #911
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Gotta wonder which series is gonna do better, just for the sake of the plot...any chance of being a tie?
I think Tanto won't do good
as Niizuma said, comedy ain't Takagi's forte`

Old 2010-01-28, 07:25   Link #912
Wrath88
Kissing...

It might not be something he has the knack of, but Shujin may develop enough of a writing skill to carry the series over time. Just because he's not good in the beginning doesn't mean he'll stay at that level forever.
Old 2010-01-28, 07:56   Link #913
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

It's not just about his writing ability. Tanto isn't that interesting of a premise. It certainly isn't as interesting as that story Iwase and Moneys-kun are doing together.
Old 2010-01-28, 11:18   Link #914
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

hope there is a new chapter on the new years party again. it was good last time.

mashiro's gonna need new assistents. wondering what kind he'll get this time.
Old 2010-01-28, 13:59   Link #915
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler for page 71:
Old 2010-01-28, 14:13   Link #916
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Yeah, I said that too a week or two ago...still hoping for it!

-Raises the EijixIwase flag-
*joins the EijixIwase flag raising
Old 2010-01-28, 17:04   Link #917
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Can't believe Tanto got in. There's no way they'll be able to beat Iwase with such a title. I guess it'll take another cancellation for them to realize they need to go back to their roots and forget about Miura.
Old 2010-01-29, 02:45   Link #918
Nosauz

man I hope they don't rush any eiji development. At this point in his career and mindset he doesn't seem like the guy to pay any interest to any sort of relationship other than ones with the writers based on their shared love for manga. I would prefer for him to still be the kid that he is.
Old 2010-01-29, 11:47   Link #919
mammothb

i would like to see how they carry out the wedding (if there is one)
Old 2010-01-29, 17:12   Link #920
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Oh my what a chapter. I was on the edge of my seat the seconding the meeting began. Also i want to join the list that says "I want to read Iwase's manga and original novels".

I wonder how many chapters it'll be until we see the wedding. If it's gonna happen that is.

Tags
manga, shounen