AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-31, 14:52   Link #4341
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppaaccoojrf View Post
It's too different. Having an almost year long league system with characters from whenever isn't the same as a 2 month long knock-out tournament with characters from that year.
Maybe, but I feel it's better since less is left to chance.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-10-31, 14:56   Link #4342
Tainaka
Enpatsu Shakugan

I love how there's so much Mami hate, just cuz she managed to be in the last bracket with the last of the resistance (Ika). I could speak my thoughts on Ika but I will refrain, as I don't want to offend. If it were Mami vs Kyouko or Sayaka or Madoka, it wouldn't be such a big deal.

Also
Spoiler for Madoka spoiler:

Anyhow, I'm just saying it's a bit unfair she gets bashed just cuz she won. People would be saying "HELL YEAH IKA WON" and that would be okay. Why? Either cuz Ika is their favorite character/choice pick or they're choosing her out of hate for PMMM...

So really. I don't see anything wrong with being overjoyed that my favorite character has been performing brilliantly. I hope she continues her streak So yeah, HELL YEAH MAMI WON :P
Old 2011-10-31, 15:00   Link #4343
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

ISML is still more a best of the best style contest than either Saimoe or Korea's Best Moe. Both of those only take into account girls (usually girls) thay were on screen for the previous year. ISML takes all comers, but limits the contest to the top 50 at present. Next year will be slightly different again and possibly have a few more girls possivle in the Round Robin.

If a girls can keep her moe fanbase even over a number of years she deserves a place in ISML because she can be compeditive. Once her flame has died out she won't make it back in the following year, thus openning a spot for someone else. But they all have to show effort to even get a spot so it is not like they can auto entry into the Round Robin. They have to earn it...even if they do get crushed the entire rest of the year (the majority of the IS girls this year). About the only oddity was that the PMMM group failed to make it in the Round Robin this year due to the pause in broadcasting of their show, where the most awesome parts were show ater nominations ended. Next year they might make it. Especially ater their results in Saimoe and Best Moe.
Old 2011-10-31, 15:11   Link #4344
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainaka View Post
But the MEME effect has always had a large impact on Saimoe voting. See DESU.
Old 2011-10-31, 15:15   Link #4345
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
I never watched Higurashi
You must fix this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppaaccoojrf View Post
That may be an excuse that they actually believe.

So, Western Saimoe when?
We could develop our own AnimeSuki Saimoe Tournament. Seriously, the posters here seem to do a better job of promoting AST (pictures, videos) than the AST people do themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Maybe, but I feel it's better since less is left to chance.
I like it that way. Keeps things interesting. I just hate cheating.

Quote:
I love how there's so much Mami hate
What Mami hate? I haven's seen any.
Old 2011-10-31, 15:20   Link #4346
Tainaka
Enpatsu Shakugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
But the MEME effect has always had a large impact on Saimoe voting. See DESU.
I know, I'm referring to people that say stuff like "I'd rather have someone with a head on their shoulders" or something, but actually seriously mean it-- as if that's all they see in her. Unfortunately I'm sure it's true for even people that do vote for her, but I'd like if they'd look into the character more. It's just a peeve of mine I guess
Old 2011-10-31, 15:23   Link #4347
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
We could develop our own AnimeSuki Saimoe Tournament. Seriously, the posters here seem to do a better job of promoting AST (pictures, videos) than the AST people do themselves.
ISML originated form AS posters.
Old 2011-10-31, 15:48   Link #4348
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
You must fix this.
Agreed.

Quote:
Seriously, the posters here seem to do a better job of promoting AST (pictures, videos) than the AST people do themselves.
Which is why I have a time taking this tournament seriously outside of comedy value after seeing ISML. Now, it's not like I take ISML seriously, but I would say it does a way better job of promoting itself in making itself look like it has some kind of legitimacy, relatively speaking.

Why exactly are the western fan pages looking better than the actual AST page is beyond me...

Even Best Moe presents itself better.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-10-31, 16:16   Link #4349
Arkanis

Wasn't in posting mood since yesterday. I'm still a bit shaken that Sayaka lost, even though that was the most probable outcome. At least I wasn't that wrong with my assumption that the vote counts would be similar in the end.

Mami won a very hard match today. I'm actually pretty surprised that Ika was able to mobilize the masses to a better degree than Kuroneko. Now I can sit back and enjoy the last matches of this tournament. There is not one character left who I dislike, so everything went better than expected.
Old 2011-10-31, 16:40   Link #4350
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Pick: 0-1 (1-3, 85-71)
Prediction: 1-0 (3-1, 120-36)

Congrats to Madoka supporters. Whether based on sheer popularity or voting tactics, they did their job and as a result, a Puella Magi is likely to be crowned champion barring an unlikely result in the first semifinal. Unfortunately, this means that the semi-finals and finals will be anticlimatic to say the least, especially if Erica falls in SF1.

Pick: Erica
Prediction: Kyouko

Only way Erica can win this is if they want Madoka/Mami beating a witch in the final.
Old 2011-10-31, 16:47   Link #4351
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micchi View Post
Congrats to Madoka supporters. Whether based on sheer popularity or voting tactics, they did their job and as a result, a Puella Magi is likely to be crowned champion barring an unlikely result in the first semifinal.
I accuse them of cheating.

Lift the IP ban, and fight fair. Cowards! XD
Old 2011-10-31, 16:59   Link #4352
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

With the results of the most recent match, it's now official: SAIMOE 2011 IS THE WORST SAIMOE EVER!!!

Sorry, but overdominance only results in upset anime fans.
Old 2011-10-31, 17:10   Link #4353
christinemarie
Crazy One

And that's the end for my favorite picks for Japan Saimoe 2011 with Ika-chan's defeat over a powerhouse like Mami. I like Puella Magi Madoka Magica and it's fitting for them to bag this year's saimoe since it's very successful compared to other shows from previous years that seems over hyped.

If everything went right and that certain character move to the finals, for the great revelation that could justify this year's Saimoe. Akemi Homura's early elimination in the very first day excluding preliminaries proves to be a worthy sacrifice. Compared to K-ON (only have sole character left for quarterfinals in 2010 but still won the whole thing by defeating Nagi Sanzenin.), this can be compared to the 2008 Saimoe where there are two/three Lucky Star characters in final eight with Kagami besting her twin sister in the finals.

If everything went right I want Erica to be the representative for the other group while it's already evident for the other representative unless history is bound to be broken since the start of Japan Saimoe.

Maybe Japan Saimoe rules next year may change like each show should limit it to two representatives contrary to every character is eligible or grouping that whole group with the top two highest voters remains from that faction through voting.
Old 2011-10-31, 17:33   Link #4354
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
I love how there's so much Mami hate, just cuz she managed to be in the last bracket with the last of the resistance (Ika). I could speak my thoughts on Ika but I will refrain, as I don't want to offend. If it were Mami vs Kyouko or Sayaka or Madoka, it wouldn't be such a big deal.

Also

Anyhow, I'm just saying it's a bit unfair she gets bashed just cuz she won. People would be saying "HELL YEAH IKA WON" and that would be okay. Why? Either cuz Ika is their favorite character/choice pick or they're choosing her out of hate for PMMM...

So really. I don't see anything wrong with being overjoyed that my favorite character has been performing brilliantly. I hope she continues her streak So yeah, HELL YEAH MAMI WON :P
The reason why there is so much "Mami hate" is because some people just don't like over domination in Saimoe because it makes the match less interesting.
Old 2011-10-31, 18:01   Link #4355
ppaaccoojrf

Quote:
I don't think she's getting hated for that. I personally don't want Mami to win because she's not moe to my liking, and because I don't seem to understand how she's suddenly the most popular meguca. That's being this way since the start of the tournament, not because she won against Ika. Also, shame on you for forgetting about Erica.

Quote:
Also
I don't think anybody stopped voting because of that. If anything, it has attracted more votes, because head jokes have given more recognizance to the character. That said, anybody know if 2ch is even still joking about that like us baka-gaijins? Did they even joke about it in the first place?

Quote:
But people are saying "hell yeah Mami won" too. If Ika would have won not much people would have bashed her because the meguca faction still has Madoka and Kyouko after all, so only the Mami-only fans would have something to say.

Quote:
I don't see anything wrong either, and neither should anyone. Just ignore the haters and continue rooting for your character.

Just please don't make stupid replies to them that will end up fueling the flames of hatred. (Not directed at you, you're being polite. But in general, I've seen some really bad replies from both PMMM fans and haters)
Old 2011-10-31, 18:12   Link #4356
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Yeah this saimoe was so boring that almost all veterans got killed in rounds 1 and 2 and 2 of the remaining vets loved by foreigners got through by self admitted cheating. Yes i'm sure the entire idea of foreigners only supporting a few series like Kanade's and Misaka's is totally absurd. Absolutely Precure would have the same results this year if foreigners were admitted.

Yes ISML is just as popular if not more so... except it isn't. A simple look at how many views and the date of the first post is noted. I remember ISML having 30k posts ahead of Saimoe in Saimoe's late prelim rounds (even though ISML had half a year ahead of it).

Indeed, rather than looking like a badly trained salesman giving a glaringly obvious sales pitch perhaps supporters should look at improving the boring as hell ISML (and i know i'm not the only one to be bored by it)

Last edited by FlavorOfLife; 2011-10-31 at 18:28. Reason: grammer
Old 2011-10-31, 18:29   Link #4357
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well one reason ISML has less talking these days is because most of the regular posters moved it its own forum to post stuff. Probably because of so many complaints about ISML always being on the top of the page and driving everything else in General Anime down the list. (Plus it just finished a month long break between the round robin and the finals which started yesterday.)

My trouble was I got caught up in other thing and the semi-hidden schedule made it difficult for me to keep myself motivated to keep making a Space Opera post gor each match. It is easier to make a running storyline if you know what groups will be facing whom in advance. Leads to better use of personalities and faction conflicts along a moving front line.
Old 2011-10-31, 18:33   Link #4358
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorOfLife View Post
Yeah this saimoe was so boring that almost all veterans got killed in rounds 1 and 2 and 2 of the remaining vets loved by foreigners got through by self admitted cheating. Yes i'm sure the entire idea of foreigners only supporting a few series like Kanade's and Misaka's is totally absurd. Absolutely Precure would have the same results this year if foreigners were admitted.

Yes ISML is just as popular if not more so... except it isn't. A simple look at how many views and the date of the first post is noted. I remember ISML having 30k posts ahead of Saimoe in Saimoe's late prelim rounds (even though ISML had half a year ahead of it).
Nice sarcasm. But what's your point? Perhaps we need more cheating in ISML?

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-10-31, 18:38   Link #4359
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorOfLife View Post

That's because ISML has their own site and forum outside of Animesuki, Einstein.

And thus the day Demi. defended ISML was born. Goes to show just how dire the situation really is.
Old 2011-10-31, 18:40   Link #4360
anisu

Quote:
2ch is in much need for a reality check.
There were a few bizarre upsets, but overall the results are pretty good. The one obvious missing quarterfinalist was knocked out by a foreigner. You can debate over Tenshi/Erica and Charlotte/Sayaka, or how the Kuroneko and Ika matches should've turned out, but those are all close calls and there's no question that ISML voters dropped the ball by failing to even qualify any Madoka characters for the regular season.

If the draw were rearranged to make the semifinals Kyouko/Sayaka vs Kuroneko and Madoka/Mami vs Ika Musume, how many of you would still be complaining? Assuming Erica loses as expected, that scenario is exactly the same as what we got in terms of voter choices. The only difference is the random draw.

Quote:
Anyone willing to go through that voting process while everything is in moon would have watched at least 80% of the series in any current Saimoe. And it's not like any obscure series even got past round 1.
This isn't true. Campaigning and voting guides allowed casual fans to vote in previous years. Few people watch 80% of all the series, but saimoe attracts people who are huge fans of one particular show.

Astarotte no Omocha is an obscure show whose only claim to fame in the west is the initial shock over how pedo the premise sounded. Strike Witches is nowhere near as popular as it is in Japan (None even made candidate in ISML). Hidan no Aria got a pitiful response, and was best known for how gg trolled it. And that's just the ones that got into the group finals.

Quote:
That said, anybody know if 2ch is even still joking about that like us baka-gaijins? Did they even joke about it in the first place?
I saw a couple relevant pieces of ascii art in voting threads, and their version of the meme is using "getting Mami'd" to describe decapitation.

Tags
2011, saimoe, tournament