AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

Old 2008-06-07, 09:09   Link #21
NeoSam

The anime will start broadcast in October 2008
Old 2008-06-07, 09:28   Link #22
Westlo
Lets be reality

Nice! Looking forward to this. Fall is shaping up nicely as far as I'm concerned.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 00:06   Link #23
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
After 8 chapters...

Absolutely hilarious. The comedy is first rate - with a nice mix of characters and situations. Memorable moments include:

- Magical girl Nagi
- Tsugumi getting all flustered (which is often)
- Resident idol Zange-chan
- Nagi and Jin's eating habits (rice with salad dressing?)

Not sure how the drama will go, but have high hopes for this show. As long as they don't try to pigeonhole a forced romance between Jin and Nagi, this one should deliver.
Okay, you convinced me. Gonna go read the manga now
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 10:43   Link #24
cyth
Banned

The official page has finally been updated with a (DRMed -.-) trailer. Here's the YouTube version.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 10:52   Link #25
Midonin
Last Engage

Looks pretty good.

According to the website, Haruka Tomatsu will sing the OP.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 11:02   Link #26
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
the animation really seems nice...
i'll really be looking forward to the anime...
z3phyr.mp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 11:05   Link #27
Westlo
Lets be reality

A rather nice trailer, really looking forward to this since I enjoyed the manga.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 11:05   Link #28
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Looks great!
Looking forward to this the 2nd most!

Hoping for 24 episodes, but considering the number of volumes released of the manga, 12-14 is most likely... (-_-)
*starts praying that it airs on a weekend*

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 11:14   Link #29
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

I think 13 eps would be able to cover the 4 volumes
Old 2008-08-15, 11:15   Link #30
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
From the looks of it, there are 5 volumes of material to work with.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 11:19   Link #31
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
From the looks of it, there are 5 volumes of material to work with.
Yeah, forgot that Volume 5 came out on the 9th
Old 2008-08-15, 11:41   Link #32
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Trailer looks great
Can't wait to see this one on the screen.
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 11:54   Link #33
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Thanks for posting the trailer--wow, that does look good. I like how the character designs are pretty faithful to the manga--really can't wait to see this in the fall
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 16:17   Link #34
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
And hopefully it's 12/13 ep, sorry but I hate filler since it tends to mostly turns out to be crap.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 00:46   Link #35
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I haven't read much of the manga yet, but I am so there for this show. And that's for one reason: Yamamoto Yutaka 山本寛.

He directed and/or storyboarded and/or wrote some of the best episodes of Suzumiya Haruhi. He wrote, storyboarded and directed both episode 00 and the concert episode, and he storyboarded the episode with Yuki reading, as well as writing two other eps (3 and 5).

And he created two of the most, if not the most, popular OP/ED animations of the past three years: the SHnY ED and the Lucky Star OP. And even though he had to leave Lucky Star, I think he set that show in motion and gave it what made it popular.

On the evidence so far, I think he has a bit of comedy genius in him, so I'm eager to see what he does with this show.

The preview looks good, too. Good chara-des.

Here he is with Hirano Aya last year:

I'm not sure whether he was head-hunted before he was fired or not. He set up his own company in Osaka last year, Ordet, and now A-1 (which is in Tokyo) is using both them and him. I see that A-1 is a subsidiary of Aniplex.

No Anime, No Life says that he also storyboarded ep6 of Persona Trinity Soul (A1) and ep8 of Toshokan Sensou (Production IG), and directed ep11 of Sketchbook Full Colors (HAL Film Maker). It doesn't mention Ookiku Furikabutte, but since it's basically a wiki site, it just might have missed that. He also did OP2 for ShanaII.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-08-16 at 13:29.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 04:44   Link #36
Simon
気持ち悪い

Wow, the music in the trailer is really quite entrancing... (DRM'd promo material? What were they thinking?)

A big thank-you to everyone who's posted info here - I stumbled across the show on the Ichijinsha site, but after reading this thread it's definitely on my to-watch list.
Old 2008-08-16, 10:37   Link #37
Archuka
A territory most absolute

The trailer looks very, very promising! After my first glance at the covers I thought this would be ecchi with loli sauce but upon closer inspection I seem to have been so wrong. I'm definitely looking forward to this.
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 13:25   Link #38
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Is it okay to mention onemanga.com here? Lots of scanlated manga, including this one. Looks good, now that I have read a few chapters. The anime could be hilarious.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-08-16, 17:55   Link #39
Avisch
Reality Blender

Animation quality looks very nice. They're keeping the art style close to the manga which is a cool choice.

I guess Im looking forward to this now. Having read the manga and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Wow, the music in the trailer is really quite entrancing...
Yeah really. I got entranced. It is nice music seems very fitting for Kannagi.
To be honest. Im kind of amazed how they did the trailer. I was thinking thhey would just go with comedic moments. But the trailer seems to show abit of a dramatic appeal aswell.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 22:51   Link #40
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The music in the show is by Kousaki Satoru, who did the music for both Suzumiya Haruhi and Lucky Star, and also did both the OP and ED for Lucky Star, apparently.

The animation director is Kadowaki Satoshi, who hasn't directed the animation for a whole show before, but did episodes of Air, Kanon, SHnY, and Lucky Star. Character design is by Mima Kakeru, who seems to be another ally of Yamakan's: he was animation director of Yamakan-directed episodes of Sketchbook (11) and of Dokuro-chan II (3) (according to No Anime, No Life).

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-08-17 at 00:09.

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shounen