AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi... - Episode 12 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 25 25.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 22.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 17.35%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 18.37%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 11.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 4.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.02%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-23, 08:10   Link #41
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a decent final episode.

It was very interesting to see previous events from Yozora's point of view. Yozora's cuteness increased tenfold thanks to this episode. 10 x 0 still equals 0, though... no, I'm just kidding! Don't hit me! She really was cute in this ep. And her younger self was beyond adorable dressed as a girl. If she had managed to work up the courage to see Kodaka that day, you can be damn sure he would have never forgotten about her.

Consequently, Yozora and Kodaka's reunion ended up being incredibly awkward. That was to be expected of course, but wow, I didn't think it'd be that bad . I'm disappointed that nothing substantial came out of all of this. They teased us about their past friendship throughout the whole season, and when Kodaka finally remembers, Yozora basically tells him to forget about it again. It seems a bit pointless. The flashback of Yozora saying nicknames are used by friends even implies she doesn't see him as a friend anymore. Obviously, it's just her being shy/tsundere but I'm afraid Kodaka has gotten the wrong idea.

On the other hand, I really enjoyed how Sena was the only one who recognized Yozora right away. Add to that that Yozora always calls Sena by her nickname and that means...
Old 2011-12-23, 08:10   Link #42
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

7/10 overall.

Was a good serie but inconcludent like Oreimo. Need more since there is enought light novel material.
Old 2011-12-23, 08:26   Link #43
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It was very interesting to see previous events from Yozora's point of view. Yozora's cuteness increased tenfold thanks to this episode. 10 x 0 still equals 0, though... no, I'm just kidding! Don't hit me!
*Chases after the false Kanon with a katana and a M-60*

Quote:
The flashback of Yozora saying nicknames are used by friends even implies she doesn't see him as a friend anymore. Obviously, it's just her being shy/tsundere but I'm afraid Kodaka has gotten the wrong idea.
It's more of the two have to start all over again. In a sense, the old friendship is buried, with a new one waiting to blossom into a deeper, truer friendship.....

And possibly a very deep relationship.

It's just what I would call renewal.

Quote:
On the other hand, I really enjoyed how Sena was the only one who recognized Yozora right away. Add to that that Yozora always calls Sena by her nickname and that means...
I'm glad you caught that
Old 2011-12-23, 08:39   Link #44
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc0716 View Post
And heh, that uniform provided by Rika looks resemble with Suzaku / Lelouch's school shirt, maybe.
I thought so too. Even the name is close, Galford and Ashford. And this is Haganai, so yeah I think it is parody of Code Geass
Old 2011-12-23, 09:00   Link #45
Sides

After this episode, I kind of side with Yozora. Maria being bullied by Yozora is her own fault, and Sena does not deserve any sympathy either.
It was kind of funny how Maria blew her chances, by being a rude to her in the first place. In contrast, Yozora treats Kobato like a normal kid, because she actually likes children.
Personally I think it was nicely done and the reusing of older material was not too bad. 10/10 because wraps up Yozora's motivation to founding a club and more or less everything is sorted. Sequel yes or no? After this ending it does not really need one.
Old 2011-12-23, 09:07   Link #46
Sixth
Hu Tao

Yozora and Sena = Best friends forever.
Old 2011-12-23, 09:13   Link #47
Peanutbutter

Okay, that was a nice Yosora POV.

But I'll still prefer a Meat ending. That Meat!
Old 2011-12-23, 09:14   Link #48
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
@Sides/noobita: I am really surprised that you realized these because of the last episode
Old 2011-12-23, 09:54   Link #49
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
@Sides/noobita: I am really surprised that you realized these because of the last episode
I had realized since episode 2. It is just I felt obliged to state the obvious in the final Bokutomo thread. After all, there won't be any meat and sora scene.
Old 2011-12-23, 11:10   Link #50
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
I guess i'm the lone soldier in the Yukimura ending camp =(
Old 2011-12-23, 11:13   Link #51
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Yozora and Sena = Best friends forever.
Need to throw in Kobato and Maria there too...

What chances of S2? Hope they really make one
Old 2011-12-23, 12:17   Link #52
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Being a Yozora fan, I actually really liked this episode. Especially at the part on why she didn't show up that day, I was like D'AWWWW when even harsh Yozora can feel embarassed.

Just sad not even a hug between the two.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2011-12-23, 12:32   Link #53
mironicus

Blushing at Yozora in a male costume... so Yozora just have to act as a boy to win his heart it seems.
Old 2011-12-23, 13:04   Link #54
Nerroth
NePoi!

The stop-motion Nendoroids in the sponsor clip were great.
Old 2011-12-23, 13:27   Link #55
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Well until now we just saw one side of the story, and it just shows Yozora just being "extremely" mean to those two. OK to be fair I didn't really pay to much attention to the series, but did find it frustrating that Yozora was being the portrayed as a bully and was mean to people without any reason. But thinking back she was only rude to those two, and now with a reason.
Seeing how Sena was making fun of Yozora, I reckon the role might been reversed and Sena would have been the bully, if Yozora didn't had dominant/strong personality.
Old 2011-12-23, 18:44   Link #56
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Nooo Yozora. What did you do to your hair?!

Quote:
Looks like I'm not the only who noticed this
Old 2011-12-23, 18:48   Link #57
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Normally I'm very anal when it comes to this issue (Bakemonogatari, D.Gray-man etc) but for some reason I think Yozora does looks good with short hair.

These are indeed strange times...
Old 2011-12-23, 19:07   Link #58
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Eh...I was kind of disappointed with this episode. They'd been building up to this with flashbacks and dreams since the beginning of the series and it feels pretty anticlimactic how almost nothing seems to change after the reveal. I don't know if this is all they could do because of where the novels are at (I know nothing about them), and it does feel appropriate given Yozora and Kodaka's personalities, but I still can't help but feel underwhelmed.
Old 2011-12-23, 19:21   Link #59
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
I had realized since episode 2. It is just I felt obliged to state the obvious in the final Bokutomo thread. After all, there won't be any meat and sora scene.
My bad, read your post after C2F suggestions, along Sides', made me think that way. But ep.2? That's too early, probably seemed to be potentially a good mix, but not best friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
I guess i'm the lone soldier in the Yukimura ending camp =(
Well, it's not like Yukimura had any impact or development, so unless one is into crossdressers, he wouldn't appeal as other characters; same can be said about lolicons and Maria

Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post
Blushing at Yozora in a male costume... so Yozora just have to act as a boy to win his heart it seems.
Nah... rather his freindship. If I can blame Yozora for something, is that she has this rigid worldview about everything, and is extremely inflexible about changing her mind based on what actually happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Well until now we just saw one side of the story, and it just shows Yozora just being "extremely" mean to those two. OK to be fair I didn't really pay to much attention to the series, but did find it frustrating that Yozora was being the portrayed as a bully and was mean to people without any reason. But thinking back she was only rude to those two, and now with a reason.
That bullying again, Kobato was bullying Maria more, Sena->Kobato, Rika->Yozora, etc.

Yozora picked Sena, because:
  1. Sena liked it (attention/masochism)
  2. Sena is her closest friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Seeing how Sena was making fun of Yozora, I reckon the role might been reversed and Sena would have been the bully, if Yozora didn't had dominant/strong personality.
Sure, in Haganai Alternative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post

Looks like I'm not the only who noticed this
Kodaka, thought Sora was a boy, not to mention the 10 years interval... I had a hard time recognizing people after 4 years, not 10! As for the rest they had a hard time recognizing her with the horse head.

Nonetheless, the director/scriptwriter definitely wanted to make a point that Sena understands her best, albeit they made it in a very crude way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Normally I'm very anal when it comes to this issue (Bakemonogatari, D.Gray-man etc) but for some reason I think Yozora does looks good with short hair.

These are indeed strange times...
I also like her with short hair much more

Spoiler for height of image:

Now if only there was a practical was to solve the two Yozoras maids mystery.

Spoiler for LN drawing vol.?:
Old 2011-12-23, 19:57   Link #60
Shimapan
Try me! <3

While the end wasn't stellar, it still was ok. (I should've rated it 7/10 instead of 8/10 - can you somehow change that?)

As I had thought already, Yozora not showing up on that last day was 100% her fault alone - she was there, but she didn't show herself. Thus, she has no one to blame for it but herself alone. That she still tries to pin it to Kodaka is ludicrous, but fits her bitchy, trollish nature.
Also, with this being entirely her own fault, there's no excuse for her bitchy behaviour, and from the looks of it, she won't change it one bit of it now either.

Likewise as I already thought, Kodaka now knowing that Yozora was the boy from 10 years ago doesn't really change anything - not for Kodaka who says that they're now different persons, and not for Yozora either who eventually realised the same and tells him to continue calling her Yozora.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
The Yozora's POV was a bit weird. Seeing Yozora all deredere like that was just a bit strange and like others said, it didn't really add anything we didn't already know.
Yes, it was strange to see tsun-only Yozora suddenly going dere.
They really could've shortened the obvious stuff and instead slip in an update on the Kodaka-Sena relationship.