AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite F/sn Character Poll (Multiple Choice allowed!)
Emiya Kiritsugu 52 5.36%
Emiya Shirou 190 19.59%
Saber 577 59.48%
Tohsaka Rin 477 49.18%
Archer 443 45.67%
Ilyasviel "Ilya" von Einzbern 229 23.61%
Berzerker 31 3.20%
Matou Sakura 121 12.47%
Matou Shinji 13 1.34%
Rider 197 20.31%
Kuzuki Souichirou 17 1.75%
Caster 85 8.76%
Assassin 112 11.55%
Kotomine Kirei 38 3.92%
Lancer 124 12.78%
Gilgamesh 165 17.01%
Fuji Nee (Fujimura Taiga) 65 6.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 970. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-05-31, 05:42   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Favourite Fate/stay night Character(s) Poll

Now Fate/stay night is coming to it's end (at least for the anime), it's time we had a second Favourite Character Poll. Please note that to keep the size of the poll down to manageable numbers, not all the characters are included. All the primary characters and most of the secondary characters are included, if there's someone who isn't included then you can post and discuss the reasons why they are a personal favourite of yours.

This is a multiple choice poll and while we won’t restrict you from voting for every character, please try to limit your choice to your top 3 or 4 picks if you can. If you like the entire cast equally, then so be it, but if you can narrow it down a bit, then that’s even better. If you like one character the most, then don’t feel the need to vote for anymore.

Please remember that once you make your vote you may not "come back" later to add or change your previous vote(s). So make sure you know all the characters you want to include in your vote before you click the "Vote Now" button.

And of course the vote is public, so your votes will be visible.

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes.
    Any post with "Vote for…/Do not vote for..." verbiage will be deleted. Discuss why you do or don’t like characters without campaigning for votes.

• Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 08:00   Link #2
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Saber, Rider, Gilgamesh and Archer for me!

Saber because, well, aside from her looks, she's one of the most overpowered Servants out there. Powerful offensive + defensive Hougu, who can stand up to that?

Rider, because of her bonds to Sakura (in the game). In the anime, her airtime, though brief, was pretty much ok.

Gilgamesh because his cockiness is just too hard to dislike. Also, he's the reason why Shirou and Saber pushes themselves to the limit.

Archer, because, aside form cockiness, his determination and jaded outlook on life somehow echoes mine.
Old 2006-05-31, 08:58   Link #3
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Ok, first of all my favorite, Illya, for sheer cuteness and Onii-chan factor Hooray

Archer, coolest character of the bunch.

Sakura... Well, I like her character type. And she's cute.

And Rin, coolest female character of the bunch (and she fits really well with Archer) She's hot, too
Old 2006-05-31, 09:11   Link #4
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Aww shoot .. ._.

Well my obvious choice would be Rider, Caster and Sakura ... and a bit far behind, Archer ...

Dont really thing I need to explain my reasoning as you guys totally know mine already.

Aww man.. I wanna campaign >__<
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 09:15   Link #5
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Tsk, after Shuffle, we're missing all the fun on every poll Campaigning is fun Now there's no reason to keep posting on polls after you've voted... Bleh... Lame
Old 2006-05-31, 09:29   Link #6
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
In no real order:

Rin Tohsaka - Interesting personality, hawt. What more could you ask for?

Gilgamesh - He's gold, Gate of Babylon is an awesome phantasm, and his cocky-as-hell personality makes him fun rather than annoying to watch. Somehow. He has cool music too

Archer - Is awesome. Again, I like his attitude, his phantasm is awesome, and Episode 14 is still my favourite.

Saber - She's got looks, she's sweet in her naive way of thinking and has given many a funny moment throughout the series. Oh, and Excalibur and Avalon rule too.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 10:22   Link #7
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Shirou because he's the man, Saber for the same reasons as Yuna in FFX...a real sweetheart that deserves better than what she thinks she's fated to get. Rin because she comes through when you need her there, and just all around rocks. And Rider because she deserved better in the anime...like being Sakura's servant instead and joining the harem as a soft, quiet, sweetheart (I am thinking that Rider's true personality mirrors Sakura's.)
Old 2006-05-31, 10:29   Link #8
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
W-who voted Shinji?(explain yourself monstert...)

My votes:
Saber---the main character! Why not?
Rin--she is like me...what can I say...Not voting for myself is a crime!
Lancer---the most sexy character in this series!
Gil---he confessed to me in my dreams, must give him a point for this.
Sakura---I forgot to click! I wanted to vote for Sakura too!

Last edited by iamandragon; 2006-05-31 at 12:54.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 10:50   Link #9
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
my votes are saber, rin,assassin,archer

saber and rin because they want me to embrace them with my muscular arms
assassin because he as smooth and cool as hell...not to forget charming
archer because hes got a sense of humour just like me...sarcasm for the win...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 12:20   Link #10
Amaranthine

My votes went to:

Caster: My favourite character, because I'm a sucker for tragic/romantic types like her. ^^; And I also like cunning, cold blooded bad guys (or girls), so Caster wins on all counts. She's ruthless in pursit of her goal (summoning the Holy Grail), but despite that, all she really wanted was to be loved and accepted. I'm more than happy to do so, I mean, how could I not? Caster's possibly my favourite character out of all the series I'm watching at the moment, with only Yuki able to challenge her.

Souichirou: Because he took care of my beloved Caster. :x That would probably be enough to get a vote from me, but I actually like him anyway. He looks cool (IMO), he acts cool, and he can hold his own against a servant. It's his final moment that secures my vote though, when it shows that he had been hit by Gil's attack, but he didn't tell Caster because he wanted her to be happy. It was touching, especially coming from a character normally so cold and emotionless.

Sakura: She's cute.

Again, she's the type of character I like, and there's not much more reason than that. Timid characters like her make me go "Awwwwww~", as they're intended to.

Gilgamesh: I love arrogant characters maybe because I can relate to them >_> and you can't get much more arrogant than Gil. Having been spoiled, I was looking forward to his appearance, but I didn't realise he'd turn up and instantly claim that Saber belonged to him. That was a great moment. He's fun to watch, and overall, he's just... kind of... awesome. In fact, that I can forgive him for killing Caster and vote for him should be a testament to just how awesome he is.
Amaranthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 12:52   Link #11
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

my favourite characters still Archer

-considering his background story is the most interesting

-When he unleashed Unlimited Blade Works he was godlike

-Hes the coolest looking servant and hes got the cool guy attitude:
strong,silent and cynical

- and also because he got on everyones nerves so much even Rins

-Thought it was funny when Rin called Archer a jerk considering:
1)she said it to Shirou when he was carrying Saber
2)you summon a servant whos similar to you
Blizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 13:17   Link #12
Rider_from_stay_nigh

Send a message via Yahoo to Rider_from_stay_nigh
saber, sakura, Acher, rin, caster and last rider of coures. ^_^
Rider_from_stay_nigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 13:21   Link #13
Cyz
"Show it to me"

My favorites are:

Saber: this the first time that the main character is my favorite. She's very cool especially when she's fighting.

Rider: aside for her sexy appearance, she fights really good. And, I like her Noble Phantasm.

Caster: very mysterious and i like her blue hair

Gilgamesh: like Amaranthine said, he's too arrogant and too proud of himself which makes him one of my favorite too. And, his Gate of Babylon is cool, unleashing many weapons at will.

Archer: I like his materialization tricks. He wears red, and uses different blades.

Assassin: I like katana swords Maybe that's why he became my favorite. Oh! and he's always calm in battle.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 13:21   Link #14
Rider_from_stay_nigh

why i like them? Saber- becasue of her personity and she's cool
sakura- because she's nice and cute
Acher-becasue his a badass lol
Rin- I like her tough personly
Caster- Becasue her story is very intersting
Rider- Becasue of her story with sakura and plus rider is one of the most intersting characters other then acher.
Old 2006-05-31, 13:23   Link #15
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Gilgamesh: He is my favorite character. He is just so awesome, everything about him ^-^
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 13:30   Link #16
aldeayeah
Isn't it sad Lancer-chan?

Rin: sexiest female in the show bar none (I can feel the throngs of irate Rider fans screaming for my blood as I type this...). Besides, she's the character with most personality by far: intelligent, cool (being able to zorch Berserker once), shy, heartbroken (she often loses people dear to her without being able to show them her feelings), sarcastic, strict, teasing, volatile...

Yet she has many charming quirks: she pretends to be an ice sorceress queen and fails miserably. She always messes up in the worst moments. She always comes up with explanations that are rarely true. She's horribly lazy in the morning. She never shuts up. And she's the one who starts the threesomes

Archer: he's the Servant with the most original story, he's arrogant, he's sarcastic, he's a disobedient Servant (as contradictory as that is). He has the coolest special attack. And his character design oozes coolness, too.

Lancer: First, I like his legend a lot. He's a tragic, doomed character both in his life and his afterlife, like Caster. He has a tenacious and loyal personality, like Saber. But he seems more human than those two. And he manages to look kinda cool even wearing that fugly clothing. And he has the honor of being the first among the many Servants that have smited Shirou. Plus, he's voiced by Tasuki. LEKKA SHIEN!

Mi fourth choice would be Gilgamesh, but he doesn't have too much "normal" interaction with other characters so it's difficult to judge him.

Last edited by aldeayeah; 2006-05-31 at 13:32. Reason: minor stuff to make it more readable
aldeayeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 14:18   Link #17
Rider_from_stay_nigh

not to metion that girl characters are hot. ^_^
Old 2006-05-31, 15:02   Link #18
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Seems Archer is getting all the love
Old 2006-05-31, 15:08   Link #19
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto
Aww shoot .. ._.

Well my obvious choice would be Rider, Caster and Sakura ... and a bit far behind, Archer ...

Dont really thing I need to explain my reasoning as you guys totally know mine already.

Aww man.. I wanna campaign >__<
Rider, Caster, Sakura and Illeya

Is a explanation form me really necessary

I want to campaing too
Old 2006-05-31, 15:12   Link #20
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Seems Archer is getting all the love
As it should be. He even got his own ending, which should show how special he is.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote