AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 87 64.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 28.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 3.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.49%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.75%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-12-23, 15:37   Link #121
CronuZ

Send a message via MSN to CronuZ
It doesn't mean he cant run on those non-flat terrain wifout those slider boots, just that he'll run better wif those boots on coz those boots are built to suit non-flat terrain. Its like it doesn't mean u cant climb a mountain wif normal sneakers, but mountain-climbing boots will definately suit better on mountain terrain
CronuZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 15:47   Link #122
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

wow, u guys r way into this

Its just some cool robot fights, no need 2 look in such detail...
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 15:51   Link #123
JediNight
キズランダム

We spend 25mins a week watching the episode, and then we have 6.95 days between that we have to fill with something ;D
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 15:54   Link #124
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Two weeks actually, since no Code Geass next week
Old 2006-12-23, 16:03   Link #125
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

waaa?

that sux so bad..

Anyway ep 10 and 11 really impressed me so far. One thing that surprised me the most is that Lulu is not a cold-blooded leader, and the romance in this anime is very little yet well done.

The 1st time when i watch this anime i thought its gonna be another mindless gundam trash with bad artwork (yeah i didnt like the art style at 1st) but now im in love w/ it

Im a big Death Note fan but I have 2 say that i like Code Geass as much as I like DN
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 16:51   Link #126
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

'Slider'? I believe those wheeled arms extending from the heels are officially called 'Landspinners'. Just so you know. And I believe the high-mobility sleds were only there to help Lancelot plough at high speed through the mud cap Zero poured from the mountaintop - once the Lancelot's back on normal, they're only there for better stability. And besides, if you haven't noticed it during the launch sequence, the Landspinners were already in motion - which means that the sleds were just acting like skis. They weren't self-propelled.

Knightmare Frames, although war is confirmed to steadily shift from open, hilly battlefields towards urban territory, aren't city-exclusive war machines. As seen in episode 01 with the invasion of Japan, they can fight off-road without problem. The sled add-ons were only there for navigating through the mud so there was no balance problem once Lancelot got back on firm terrain.

Quote:
wow, u guys r way into this

Its just some cool robot fights, no need 2 look in such detail...
Well, just sharing thoughts like 'kewl', 'kickass', 'boring' or 'l33t' doesn't exactly sate our thirst...so we need to move onto other, more in-depth topics, shouldn't we? That's what we're here for, after all...
Old 2006-12-23, 16:54   Link #127
SinsI

Hmm. 12:05 - the whole left foot is shown deformed by radiation wave, not just the armor part.
13:47, 13:48: sliding on a right slider only, left foot is above ground and is used to push the knightmare forward.
It seems Lancelot's slider system consists of two idependent halves for each boot(two of which Suzaku fired - I missed the latter one), and even half of them, and damaged at that, is enough to catch an ordinary knightmare.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 17:25   Link #128
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Hmm. 12:05 - the whole left foot is shown deformed by radiation wave, not just the armor part.
13:47, 13:48: sliding on a right slider only, left foot is above ground and is used to push the knightmare forward.
It seems Lancelot's slider system consists of two idependent halves for each boot(two of which Suzaku fired - I missed the latter one), and even half of them, and damaged at that, is enough to catch an ordinary knightmare.
Lancelot is wearing a boot/ski on its foot.

Here's the entire foot+ski

The clamps that hold the skis in place are released

Here's a pic of both the normal foot and the foot with the ski boot still on it

Lancelot from Ep2

Lancelot doesn't wear the ski boot normally.
Old 2006-12-23, 17:34   Link #129
The-Ghost
anime lurker

looks like the Claw/Radiation Wave isnt the only weapon the CL-2 has. it appears to carry a combat knife on the rear skirt.

see pic

The-Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 17:44   Link #130
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Ghost View Post
looks like the Claw/Radiation Wave isnt the only weapon the CL-2 has. it appears to carry a combat knife on the rear skirt.

see pic

CL-2 also have a cannon on its left arm.
Old 2006-12-23, 17:57   Link #131
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Yeah it's just Kallen likes to be a one trick pony, but that's expected since it's only her first sortie in the new KF and she hasn't been able to read trough tha thick manual that came with it

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 17:58   Link #132
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Oh come on, if you could pilot a mech with a Shining Finger, you'd abuse it too, with hotblood!
Old 2006-12-23, 17:58   Link #133
The-Ghost
anime lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
CL-2 also have a cannon on its left arm.

oh yeah i forgot about that but its yet to have been used the combat knife was used in this ep, i dont think the cannon was. i wonder how effective at home
Old 2006-12-23, 18:27   Link #134
Seska

It will be much easier, if someone translate the speach in the Lancelot Bootup sequence. their take a long screentime to display Lancelots "new" boots...

But, then i will take the fun out of it to write here and discuss

Mfg,
Seska
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 18:43   Link #135
The-Ghost
anime lurker

Seska what dose Mfg mean?
Old 2006-12-23, 18:53   Link #136
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Ghost View Post
Seska what dose Mfg mean?
Its German,

Mit freundlichen grüssen
=
Yours sincerely

Mfg,
Seska
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 20:47   Link #137
The-Ghost
anime lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska View Post
Its German,

Mit freundlichen grüssen
=
Yours sincerely

Mfg,
Seska

ok thanks for the explaination mon ami
Old 2006-12-23, 21:44   Link #138
CronuZ

Send a message via MSN to CronuZ
Is it just me or what, CL2 looks like Eva-02 with A.T. Field XD

EDIT: Guess I'm lagg lol, Anyway its I was abit suprise how CL2 turn out against Lancelot .....wif CL2 almost unpenetratable wif that radiant surge of its, I wonder how Lancelot gonna defeat it in the end (although I hope the other way around XD).

oh maybe the story will go like this: Both CL2 and Lancelot having a showdown, and wif energy running out, CL2 grabbed Lancelot and activate self distruction mode. Luckily, Suzaku manage to get out from the pilot cockpit but was severely injured and went into coma. Euphiemia manage to save him and accompany throughout the recovering stage. In the end Suzaku told Euphie that hes needs to stop Lelouch no matter what, so Euphie gave him Brittania latest secret weapon, Lancelot mk II. Ok im lying =P

Last edited by CronuZ; 2006-12-23 at 22:14.
CronuZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 23:36   Link #139
JediNight
キズランダム

Self-destruct mode? Since when did Athrun or Heero join the cast of Code Geass?
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-24, 08:11   Link #140
Sirmackerel

Yeah, Kallen reminded me of a fighting game newbie in this episode (i.e. spamming one attack over and over), but you can't fault her for that since it was her first time piloting the CL II.
Sirmackerel is offline   Reply With Quote