Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-25, 22:56   Link #4181
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Campiones rarely, if ever, fight the same god twice, so it's not certain what he would get from it. But most likely, the result would be getting something else from Verethragna, some new authority (even if a minor one that Verethragna uses)or simply just nothing. He can't get something more than Verethragna is able to offer. Godou's output is identical to Verethragna's. He is able to draw with Melqart much likely Verethragna was able to. THe only problem with his power is that he cannot use it more than once per day and that there are strict conditions of use.Remove them and he would be on the same level as V-tan.Also, getting the same authority again is just like getting another identical set of weapons--they won't be able to combine. Although, if he beat V-tan twice, he might be able to use each avatar twice instead of once per day.
I would assume he'd get a different authority. His version of the Ten Forms is different but not necessarily inferior to Verethragna's original. I don't think V-tan could combine forms like that.

If it happens again, he should get the "Victory" authority. The one that makes V-tan able to instantly master anything he does.
Old 2012-09-25, 23:01   Link #4182
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

When you think about it, Verethragna is the Person Warlord or the God of Victories, somehow or another before Verethragna met (well, close enough I think) his end by Godou he said he never lost a battle. The context implies Verethragna fought many Gods before and remained undefeated during his stay on Earth, wouldn't he be like one of the Strongest Gods. All things consider Verethragna wasn't at full strength with his fight with Melqart, Verethragna is implied to be coming back in the story line. Maybe Verethragna has more tricks to show off.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 23:16   Link #4183
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
When you think about it, Verethragna is the Person Warlord or the God of Victories, somehow or another before Verethragna met (well, close enough I think) his end by Godou he said he never lost a battle. The context implies Verethragna fought many Gods before and remained undefeated during his stay on Earth, wouldn't he be like one of the Strongest Gods. All things consider Verethragna wasn't at full strength with his fight with Melqart, Verethragna is implied to be coming back in the story line. Maybe Verethragna has more tricks to show off.
Isn't the "battles" part of his myth, and not during the time when he's a heretic god, and where did it implied that he's coming back?
Old 2012-09-25, 23:26   Link #4184
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Lifting restrications would be pretty stupid. It would essentially broke any conflict in the story to tiny little pieces.
Fact of the matter is, his restrications on his authority is the only thing stopping him from god stomping nearly everyone that doesn't have a direct counter to his authority. At that point only a few absolute top tiers such as Voban would pose a challenge in a "fair fight" (a fight where the opponent doesn't have an unfair advantage).

Against almost every other god or campione it would be lolsword->lolsun. GG. Or alternatively if the opponent has a bullshit ability that seals the sun, Godou could just pull out some other ability like boar.

Examples:

Sally: lolsword seals of his body of steel. Lolsun. GG.
Athena: lolsword to force her on the defensive. Lolsun. GG.
Peruses: lolsword to stop that authority sealing ability. Then lolboar or something. GG.
J.P.S: lolsword. Lolsun. GG.
Alec: Fuck Alec. GG.
Lancelot: rinse, repeat, charm. GG.

The only people that could defeat him are Voban (mainly based of the fact that he still has more authorities to show), Luo Huo (less authorities but more naturally stronger), and that new Goddess bitch (bullshit ability is bullshit).

Maybe through hype the” king of the end” and that other campione bitch but all the other’s will fail if they can’t counter sword or sun.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 23:29   Link #4185
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
Lifting restrications would be pretty stupid. It would essentially broke any conflict in the story to tiny little pieces.
Fact of the matter is, his restrications on his authority is the only thing stopping him from god stomping nearly everyone that doesn't have a direct counter to his authority. At that point only a few absolute top tiers such as Voban would pose a challenge in a "fair fight" (a fight where the opponent doesn't have an unfair advantage).

Against almost every other god or campione it would be lolsword->lolsun. GG. Or alternatively if the opponent has a bullshit ability that seals the sun, Godou could just pull out some other ability like boar.

Examples:

Sally: lolsword seals of his body of steel. Lolsun. GG.
Athena: lolsword to force her on the defensive. Lolsun. GG.
Peruses: lolsword to stop that authority sealing ability. Then lolboar or something. GG.
J.P.S: lolsword. Lolsun. GG.
Alec: Fuck Alec. GG.
Lancelot: rinse, repeat, charm. GG.

The only people that could defeat him are Voban (mainly based of the fact that he still has more authorities to show), Luo Huo (less authorities but more naturally stronger), and that new Goddess bitch (bullshit ability is bullshit).

Maybe through hype the” king of the end” and that other campione bitch but all the other’s will fail if they can’t counter sword or sun.
Well the author did say that Godou is a protagonist who's only form of attack is "Ougi", and we all know that the lolsword is necessary for the lolkissing
Old 2012-09-26, 00:28   Link #4186
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Basically, Verethragna is also Indra, Herakles, Ares, Horus and Nergal--or at least was implied to have great links with these gods and thus may have abilities of them. I get the feeling that the ten powers might not be all that V-tan has--it's only his most preferable power. Also, about V-tan not being able to use two powers at once, it may be just that he doesn't want to do it as opposed to not being able to do it. There were severe drawbacks when Godouo used it.Melqart isn't exactly the correct authority to say whether V-tan can do it or not.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 03:09   Link #4187
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

No, thats it. That really is all of verethragna's abilities. Or at least his actual incarnations.
Old 2012-09-26, 05:20   Link #4188
erdii

Quote:
Now that's just weird. Verethragna is a war god and war is an attribute of steel. What's more, Verethragna's master and close companion was one as well.
in the fourth novel about Mitra it is said Mitra was a war god but later he got attribute of sun and become a sun god. as he transformed his attribute as war god weakened and verethragna took the attribute of war god and served him. that is how ı remember and ı think read somewhere verethragna was born from sun
Old 2012-09-27, 07:29   Link #4189
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Spoiler for a question. Only people who have read the ninth volume fully or read vol thirteen should read this:

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-09-27 at 07:44.
Old 2012-09-27, 07:46   Link #4190
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Spoiler for a question. Only people who have read the ninth volume fully or read vol thirteen should read this:
Gilgamesg's Ea works on a different principle all together. And is on a MUCH bigger scale. Ahhh chinese trans faster!!
Old 2012-09-27, 07:51   Link #4191
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
Gilgamesg's Ea works on a different principle all together. And is on a MUCH bigger scale. Ahhh chinese trans faster!!
What I meant is that the technique is still pretty much
Spoiler for vol 13:
Old 2012-09-27, 09:18   Link #4192
eraldcoil

Honestly, when i read vol 13 i myself wasn't quite understand if it is a new combination power or it is new authority. What is that name anyway,
Spoiler for Spoiler:
eraldcoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 09:28   Link #4193
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraldcoil View Post
Honestly, when i read vol 13 i myself wasn't quite understand if it is a new combination power or it is new authority. What is that name anyway,
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Spoiler for vol 13:

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-09-27 at 09:38.
Old 2012-09-27, 09:32   Link #4194
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
I wouldn't underestimate the value of Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi it's not a proper authority it's actaully something better a fully functional divine weapon. It's has multiple authories within it such as wind manipulation, power to create storms, and the ability to absorb and manipulate other authorities. Also it gives Godou a proper weapon he can use and with 3 highly skilled swordsmen in his harem he has planty of teachers.

I don't think any amount of training is going to help Godou with the restrictions on his authorities it seems to be some sort of tradeoff Godou got alot more variety of power then most Campiones but has rather tight restrictions on them.
Yeah but Godou want to be "normal" and "normal" people don't learn sword skills.

Most likely for the restrictions to be remove are slim, we most likely would see more combine skill as shown in vol7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gevara20 View Post
what happed with Prometeus grimorie at the end of vol.3,11?
I would answer this, since no one have.
When Godou use Prometeus grimorie on V-chan, V-chan power was so great that it broke.

Quote:
My point is that a diversity of authorities is always welcomed, preferably an authority from a goddess of the earth. There are always gods out there who can render all your abilities useless if these abilities contains a certain attribute.
Yes and that is why I was hoping that Godou would gain Athena authorities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Sorry, Volume 5 actually states explicitly that Verethragna is steel.

On the other hand, I suppose Verethragna's attribute of steel is weaker compared to the other gods that have appeared (no damsel in distress, dragon/snake-slaying, rite of water, invincible body of steel, etc).
I knew it, I knew it. V-chan was a [Steel], as zzhk stated above, maybe he is a mix attribute.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 09:42   Link #4195
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
Yeah but Godou want to be "normal" and "normal" people don't learn sword skills.

Not to mention, he might not have the talent to learn how to use a sword. Also, someone who is good at something might not be a good teacher. If you want to look at Godou's motivation at learning something that might not lead to normality, look no further than as to why the girls needs to use the words of power on Godou. Seriously,all he does it battle is to utter less than twenty lines. Yet, he couldn't even do it unless they forcibly have him memorize them using a spell.
Old 2012-09-27, 09:45   Link #4196
Insane
Banned

It's not because he have no talent. It's just because he's taking his pacifism to the extreme that he refuse to learn any form of martial arts.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 09:53   Link #4197
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
It's not because he have no talent. It's just because he's taking his pacifism to the extreme that he refuse to learn any form of martial arts.
Pacifist my @rse(no offense to you). In recent volumes, the man himself has admitted that
Spoiler for future volumes:
Old 2012-09-27, 11:03   Link #4198
gevara20

Quote:
Spoiler for vol 13:
Spoiler for vol.9:
gevara20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 11:15   Link #4199
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gevara20 View Post
Spoiler for vol.9:
No he did not. My memory's a bit murky on that volume.Therefore, there might be some errors. He only had to go
Spoiler for vol 13:
Old 2012-09-27, 11:31   Link #4200
gevara20

Spoiler for vol.9:

Last edited by gevara20; 2012-09-27 at 11:44.
gevara20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem