AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-15, 10:03   Link #81
marvelB

Yeah, I feel that Law's reason for the body-swapping is a combination of SlayerX and grey_1960's answers. Remember, he told all the intruders that he wouldn't let them escape the island. If Law is really the only one who's capable of switching them back, then the body switch really is an effective "tether" right there.....

Also, recall that Law's chat with Smoker during their fight indicated that there was apparently some kind of government conspiracy going on. So I guess he's letting the marines stick around so they can expose whatever plot Caesar Crown is hatching up themselves (after Luffy's crew beat the crap out of him first, of course).....
Old 2012-04-16, 08:57   Link #82
Divine Punisher

Send a message via MSN to Divine Punisher
i hope that tashigi has a diferent approach to using the smoke-DF. i cant help myself but to feel that smoker is missing the most obvious thing to do with it:
suffocating others. the way hes been using it (multiply limbs, increase reach, moving around, etc.) makes it look inferior to other logias. that is because they can do those things too, in addition to their own advantage from their logia (like magellan being poisonous for example).
Old 2012-04-16, 09:13   Link #83
james0246

^Technically, many Logia can already suffocate others (I don't think Light or Lightning can suffocate anyone, but you can definitely suffocate someone with Swamp, Ice, or Sand, and probably even Darkness). There's just no point in suffocating someone with Lava or other similar leveled powers. . Smoker simply has the blandest Logia ability.

Additionally, Magellan is not a Logia user.
Old 2012-04-16, 10:10   Link #84
yakumo-chan

anyone wants Kizaru vs. BlackBeard??

Light vs. Darkness??

who will win?
Old 2012-04-16, 10:17   Link #85
Divine Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Technically, many Logia can already suffocate others (I don't think Light or Lightning can suffocate anyone, but you can definitely suffocate someone with Swamp, Ice, or Sand, and probably even Darkness). There's just no point in suffocating someone with Lava or other similar leveled powers. . Smoker simply has the blandest Logia ability.

Additionally, Magellan is not a Logia user.
yes, but it makes perfect sense to suffocate others with smoke it seems so predestined to inflict damage that way, since it is so bland on the outside.
pardon me, but i had great expectations for smoker, still do. id like to see him rise even further through the ranks.

magellan no logia? wow, thx for setting me straight
Old 2012-04-16, 10:57   Link #86
marvelB

^Yeah, it's pretty clear that Magellan's not a logia if you pay attention to his appearance when he activates his power. He may coat his body with poison, but he doesn't transform into it. Plus, we clearly saw Luffy damage him with his bare hands when they first fought (and this was long before he learned how to control his haki, remember).

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
anyone wants Kizaru vs. BlackBeard??

Light vs. Darkness??

who will win?

More like "light vs. darkness and a bunch of other stolen powers", actually. That being said, while I normally dislike discussing hypothetical match-ups, I'll make an exception this time and say that I kinda wanna see how well the current Teach would fare against all 3 pre-skip admirals. I mean, we're talking about a guy who was confident enough to take on both Garp and Sengoku at the same time during the war, so for all we know, the current Blackbeard could probably take on 4 or 5 admirals at once.....
Old 2012-04-16, 11:30   Link #87
Divine Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Yeah, it's pretty clear that Magellan's not a logia if you pay attention to his appearance when he activates his power. He may coat his body with poison, but he doesn't transform into it. Plus, we clearly saw Luffy damage him with his bare hands when they first fought (and this was long before he learned how to control his haki, remember).
my bad... i guess i confused him covered in poison with him actually becoming poison. i also went over the chapter of their first fight. to my defense, the panel of magellans facial expression after taking the hit was very small
Old 2012-04-16, 18:19   Link #88
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
More like "light vs. darkness and a bunch of other stolen powers", actually. That being said, while I normally dislike discussing hypothetical match-ups, I'll make an exception this time and say that I kinda wanna see how well the current Teach would fare against all 3 pre-skip admirals. I mean, we're talking about a guy who was confident enough to take on both Garp and Sengoku at the same time during the war, so for all we know, the current Blackbeard could probably take on 4 or 5 admirals at once.....
BB was high on power and wanted to test his new DF while he was destroying marine ford .
It was not about him fighting Grap and Sengoku it was about them trying to stop him from sinking the place.
Which is what he was trying to do .

A short while after that he ran from Akainu who show up by him self.
BB should be super strong maybe even the strongest person in OP world but nobody is going to be able to take on 4 to 5 admirals levels guys at once ever .
Plus just think about how BB has to use his powers to see how that makes no sense .

Last edited by andy; 2012-04-16 at 18:30.
Old 2012-04-16, 19:01   Link #89
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
I mean, we're talking about a guy who was confident enough to take on both Garp and Sengoku at the same time during the war,
I think it was Garp and Sengoku versus BB and his entire crew.
Old 2012-04-17, 02:20   Link #90
strategos

Not sure if this has been discussed but.. Anyone wonders if Oda will have something special for Chapter 666 :PXD?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
Old 2012-04-17, 06:40   Link #91
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
Not sure if this has been discussed but.. Anyone wonders if Oda will have something special for Chapter 666 :PXD?
Maybe... an Iron Maiden cover?

But yeah, Blackbeard was probably overexcited about his new ability at Marineford - the fact that he ran away from Akainu without a fight kind of proves that he was not ready to take on several admirals at once, although with more DFs it may be possible...
Old 2012-04-17, 21:39   Link #92
golgo13

A little late to the party. Great chapter, lots going on.

One thought: did the samurai meet ace while ace was visiting wano country?
Old 2012-04-18, 04:13   Link #93
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
BB should be super strong maybe even the strongest person in OP world but nobody is going to be able to take on 4 to 5 admirals levels guys at once ever .
Plus just think about how BB has to use his powers to see how that makes no sense .

Yeah, upon reflecting upon that, I do think it was rather premature of me to think Blackbeard could take on that many admirals at once (plus, it makes me sound like some kind of biased fanboy! ) That being said, I'm still kinda interested in how the current Teach would fare against all 3 pre-skip admirals, though.

Anyhoo, new thread is here, guys! Come and get it!
Closed Thread