AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-03-15, 21:56   Link #1261
USCPharmacist

In a week or two huh.....need to plan for some days off heheh.
USCPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 03:18   Link #1262
777chris777

Loving the umineko ranking on himeya, keep it up people

As for the interview, as far as I could tell, it didn't really say anything much about ep5 specifically (In the engrish that is google translator), though I generally tried to skim read so I didn't encounter any major spoilers for ep4 so I may have missed something, I dunno.

As for the upcoming umineko ep4 patch, looking forward to it... alot
777chris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 22:24   Link #1263
Goose Boy
Happiness witch´s followe

How.. is... the patch... going....

The wait is killing me.... T_T.....
Goose Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 23:33   Link #1264
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

I actually have to handed it to you guys that you really did get the interest of this game for the English speaking masses before the anime airs. In the words of Light Yagami, 「計画通り」www

Bravo. ( ゚Д゚ノノ"☆パチパチパチパチ

Now if AS can start compiling this and other Umineko threads into one sub-section, that'll be great. Umineko is just the start of a new wave of original-story hype/pre-anime to come. What you are seeing here is the very first instance where a doujin game is actually already popular enough over on the stateside as before the anime. This definitely wasn't the case when Higurashi first aired (was a darkhorse and no one about this except me and a few fans), and neither was it during Utawarerumono, Fate, Tsukihime, or Kiminozo (which all had their shares of "is their[sic] an English patch LOL")
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 23:38   Link #1265
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
I actually have to handed it to you guys that you really did get the interest of this game for the English speaking masses before the anime airs. In the words of Light Yagami, 「計画通り」www

Bravo. ( ゚Д゚ノノ"☆パチパチパチパチ

Now if AS can start compiling this and other Umineko threads into one sub-section, that'll be great. Umineko is just the start of a new wave of original-story hype/pre-anime to come. What you are seeing here is the very first instance where a doujin game is actually already popular enough over on the stateside as before the anime. This definitely wasn't the case when Higurashi first aired (was a darkhorse and no one about this except me and a few fans), and neither was it during Utawarerumono, Fate, Tsukihime, or Kiminozo (which all had their shares of "is their[sic] an English patch LOL")

i always thought it would be combined with Higurashi, but I guess that wasn't the case. I think we're going to need a sub-section as soon as the first ep airs.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 00:11   Link #1266
Marion
The Great Dine

I think Higurashi's success overseas, as far as the anime and game goes, definitely contributed to Umineko's success overseas before the anime airing. I'm sure a lot of people are in the same boat as me - that they discovered Umineko via Higurashi and overall praising of 07th Expansion :3

But yes - All Hail the Witch Hunt !~~

(you guys should totally get your own monument lol)
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 03:16   Link #1267
D2657a

I got Umineko 4 today and installed it and then installed the patch but the bgm and sound effects aren't playing.How do I fix this?
D2657a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 03:20   Link #1268
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by D2657a View Post
I got Umineko 4 today and installed it and then installed the patch but the bgm and sound effects aren't playing.How do I fix this?
Make sure you are running your system in Japanese locale. Here's a link http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=60120
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 03:32   Link #1269
D2657a

more info

It is in japanese locale.I'm using XP.

I also found that the op is skipped.It runs fine on the original japanese.
Old 2009-03-21, 04:30   Link #1270
HigurashinoUmineko

OMG I just finished playing the partial patch for Episode 4 and I loved the Ending lol!
HigurashinoUmineko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 04:54   Link #1271
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post

In the words of Light Yagami, 「計画通り」www
I say the same...

Old 2009-03-21, 04:58   Link #1272
777chris777

@D2657a,

Copying one of my old posts:

Note: The guide above is pretty much the same but this ones easier to follow (more noob friendly) imo.

Assuming you have windows xp, what's shown in the image under the spoiler, is how to set locale to japanese properly, which is possibly the issue:

Spoiler for hidden image guide - not sure how to thumbnail XD:

Assuming you have the east asian language pack installed, and follow the steps in the picture, it really should work :@

Otherwise, I can only suggest, try reinstalling >.<

Also, I'm only assuming when you say got you mean bought, as I can only say this should work for bought copies. Can't guarantee that it would work with illegal copies (nor offer help). :X

@goose_boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Oh, and for people still wondering what the in-game Witch Hunt is, that part of the game is covered in the first patch we'll be releasing in a little more than a week (hopefully).
Notice that the post, 6 above yours, says in just over a week hopefully. Also note that the post was 5-6 days ago. Also note that there is 7 days in a week.

Sorry if that sounded rather cynical XD

@others I would agree that many people found umineko from higurashi. I am one of those people XD

Last edited by 777chris777; 2009-03-21 at 05:51.
777chris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 08:08   Link #1273
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777chris777 View Post

@others I would agree that many people found umineko from higurashi. I am one of those people XD
That's also my case, to be honest i've only found out about Higurashi less than a month ago, and i started to watch it just because i recognized one of the character (Shion/Mion) that i had previously seen from a friend's blog and i was curious.
The anime was so inspiring that i wanted to learn more about its origin, imagine my surprise when i found out it was based on a doujin game and that it was basically conceived by a single person.
At the same time i learned about Umineko and the translation project. It actually took me a while before i finally decided to buy the game (youtube and its videos played a big role in that) but i'm glad i did. I like Umineko even more than Higurashi. Maybe it's because the visual novel format is better than the anime version, but i don't think that's only because of that. The two projects are significantly different and both are great in their own way, mine is only a personal preference on thematics.

Now it is certain that such interest in a visual novel from anime fans never happened before. This might be the start of a long series of other independent translation projects, i'm pretty interested to see how all of this will evolve.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 09:26   Link #1274
crazysjd89

Send a message via MSN to crazysjd89
I read the visual novel for Higurashi after the first season was finished, but before the second season was announced. Higurashi was the first visual novel I read, and it's responsible for making me want to read visual novels or light novels before I watch an anime, heh.
crazysjd89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 09:46   Link #1275
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

i can't say umineko was the first...
"Divi Dead" actually was the very first visual novel for me, and it's been a long time since then i think it was 2003.
Thinking about it, that story does share some similarities with Higurashi and Umineko...

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 15:35   Link #1276
D2657a

I bought it from Himeyashop.And all the language options are in japanese.
Old 2009-03-21, 16:32   Link #1277
Kitsu
The unlucky one

That's totally natural. use the patch from this site:
www.witch-hunt.com
Kitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 18:23   Link #1278
D2657a

the problem's now fixed! I just had to move some files and it worked fine.
Old 2009-03-21, 19:42   Link #1279
UnknownBeast

What's this about a patch for EP4 I see on the 07th Expansion site?

http://www.07th-expansion.net/umi/Support/Support.htm
UnknownBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 20:23   Link #1280
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownBeast View Post
What's this about a patch for EP4 I see on the 07th Expansion site?

http://www.07th-expansion.net/umi/Support/Support.htm
I don't understand much, but from I do get I'm pretty sure it's a technical patch that has to do with the game functioning oddly. It has nothing to do with the translation~
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation