Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-01-20, 09:35   Link #621
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
WOOT! MOAR EDY!

Any shots of any of the other Sevens? I'm wondering if Marina makes any side appearances besides being a DLC character.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 11:07   Link #622
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
I bet DC has this hope Edy doesn't get any speaking parts.

It does look, though, like Lycoris doesn't hold Edy in high regards. Look at her expression (Lycoris', not Edy's).
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 11:13   Link #623
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post

It does look, though, like Lycoris doesn't hold Edy in high regards. Look at her expression (Lycoris', not Edy's).
It's probably a family trait of some sort: they can't stand being outdone by anyone else, and Edy's probably got it better than Licorice.

On a related note, anyone have any pictures featuring Rosie? I hear she's back for this game.
Old 2010-01-20, 11:18   Link #624
animee1

Old 2010-01-20, 11:25   Link #625
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
It's probably a family trait of some sort: they can't stand being outdone by anyone else, and Edy's probably got it better than Licorice.

On a related note, anyone have any pictures featuring Rosie? I hear she's back for this game.
Not yet, I'm afraid.

That makes alot of sense about Licorice and Edy. Jealous sets in, and it runs right downhill.

Though, will Licorice also have a bit of Tsundere in her? (And who the hell names their kid Licorice?)
Old 2010-01-20, 11:25   Link #626
DC20

Quote:

She can have all the speaking parts she wants - so long as I can skip them >.<
DC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 11:50   Link #627
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
I bet DC has this vain hope Edy doesn't get any speaking parts.
Fixed for you.
Old 2010-01-20, 12:57   Link #628
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by animee1 View Post
Hold on a sec, you get access to the Squad Seven veterans? Including Captain Varrot? SWEET.

More please.

EDIT: While we're waiting for guys who have the game to upload some pics (or hopefully video links), I might as well bring up a link to one of the creator blog posts. Lots of Avan pics, some which are pretty amusing.

http://ameblo.jp/val-log/entry-10438663535.html

In particular, I'm VERY interested in the one where Avan and Clementia have each other at gunpoint. Probably has something to do with Aliasse, but I'm eager to learn some details.

Last edited by Runty; 2010-01-20 at 13:23.
Old 2010-01-20, 14:09   Link #629
DC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Fixed for you.
Unfortunately, that is very probably going to be the case

Anyway, in any case that's an interesting shot with the Squad 7 characters. It's a bit odd seeing Varrot as a scout though... wasn't she a sniper in the first war? I haven't been following the whole class progression system too closely though... did they combine the two together?

I'm not exactly sure how I feel about all the cameos. While it's cool to see all the old characters, something about it just feels like a half assed attempt to shift copies. I mean, yeah, that's the whole point of making the game in the first place, but I would much rather see a bunch of new characters than get a tonne of repeats. As long as they're not involved in the story I've got no actual problem with it (and as much as I'll piss and moan about it, I'll even go so far to accept Edy in the actual story itself, as her sister seems to be a prominent character) though.

As for new characters, there are a few that look interesting - particularly within the lancers. From just the short little clips and screen shots I've seen (admittedly not very many), Reiner and Coleen look to be the standouts so far. Funny as I wasn't a particular fan of most of the lancers in the first game.
Old 2010-01-20, 18:01   Link #630
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC20 View Post
It's a bit odd seeing Varrot as a scout though... wasn't she a sniper in the first war? I haven't been following the whole class progression system too closely though... did they combine the two together?
You can switch classes for certain characters.

Quote:
I'm not exactly sure how I feel about all the cameos. While it's cool to see all the old characters, something about it just feels like a half assed attempt to shift copies. I mean, yeah, that's the whole point of making the game in the first place, but I would much rather see a bunch of new characters than get a tonne of repeats. As long as they're not involved in the story I've got no actual problem with it
Most of those unlockable characters will not play a part in the main plot. They are there just purely for fanservice.

Quote:
(and as much as I'll piss and moan about it, I'll even go so far to accept Edy in the actual story itself, as her sister seems to be a prominent character) though.
Edy just made a cameo appearance in the final part of Licorice's scenarior. Basically she just paid a surprise vist to the Academy to check up on Licorice and catch up a bit with Wiekin and Alicia.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 18:21   Link #631
DC20

Cool, thanks! Cleared up quite a bit for me. I figured most of them would be around for fanservice, but I don't know. Still seems a bit cheap to me. I won't complain though. I'm sure a lot of people are looking forward to using them, and I'm glad they at least have the option.

Another question though, as it seems like you've played the game... Is Licorice anything like Edy personality-wise? If so odds are I'll skip her storyline completely, but I don't want to COMPLETELY judge her character based off of her sister.
Old 2010-01-20, 20:32   Link #632
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC20 View Post
Another question though, as it seems like you've played the game... Is Licorice anything like Edy personality-wise? If so odds are I'll skip her storyline completely, but I don't want to COMPLETELY judge her character based off of her sister.
I wouldn't think so, from what I'm hearing. Licorice is the nicer of the two Nelson sisters, if what I'm hearing is correct. She's just a bit jealous is all.

Of course, I could be wrong.
Old 2010-01-21, 00:00   Link #633
cloner4000

Really looking forward to this..had a bit of hard time getting used to the different controls..but I guess I'll have to get used to it.

All the character from VC are mostly there for Fanservices and basically for people to unlock them. You even got Isara and Selvaria, Faldio and Maxi.. But the screens looks nice.
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 04:56   Link #634
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

So do you wind up killing Juliana? Being anti darscen and all.
Old 2010-01-21, 07:26   Link #635
Runty

Finally, after months of waiting, VC2 is officially out. And to go with the release, the website has uploaded a TON of new videos. There's too many for me to list, but there's one in particular that I'm interested in.

http://valkyria2.jp/mov_character2_03_3.html
Spoiler for Cordelia and Audrey:
Can anyone provide a translation?

Well, now that the game's out, here's hoping someone on Youtube makes a playthrough.
Old 2010-01-21, 23:39   Link #636
cloner4000

It looks like Engineer can no longer remove mine or repair sandbags, it's now up to the shield armored troops. Look like Engineer are also the only ones able to Heal using ragnaid. and their weapon are different from Scouts and had a 6 shots capacity as opposed to 5 from scouts.

That's how much I've gathered for now.
Old 2010-01-21, 23:59   Link #637
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

The Sentinels also have a near bulletproof shield, They can literally stop a hail of stormtrooper bullets and not flinch.
Old 2010-01-22, 07:51   Link #638
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Here's what one individual who have invested 43 hours to get the game over and done with has to say about it :-

1) In terms of plot, character developments and worldview,etc. This game is definatly on a grander scale when compared with the previous instalment

2) However most of the scenes involving character interactions are presented in the old way of a full body potrait with a dialough box due to the capacity constrait of a UMD. For whatever cutscenes that are in the game, just don't expect the quality of any memorable moments that the one having Alicia VS Selvaria or invovling Alicia, Welkin and the Marmot.

3) Whoever that came up with the plot deserve an applause. He mange to turn what may be a cliched "School Days" scenarior using subject of a Weaken State and Racism and make everything worthwhile. If the crew had the budget to make this title a console release, this just might get into the top 5 RPG plot for this generation since the characters are more fleshed out when compared to the first instalment. But it will be better if the individual characters' stories can be somehow tied into the main plot.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 10:45   Link #639
Seqi

I had my doubts but this is turning out to look like a solid game. I think people were comfortable with the old game and were scared Sega were gonna screw it up by trying new things.
This'll be a first day buy for me at least. I swear i saw Alicia/Welkin in one of those 'cut scenes' once. Wonder what the deal with that is.
Seqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 11:16   Link #640
cloner4000

Alicia/Welkin apparently worked in the Academy, I think someone mentioned a while ago, so they are side characters.

Looks like the person give it a pretty good review, glad it turn out so well, now it'll just have to sold well, and we will get ourself a VC3 on PS3!