AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-02-07, 14:12   Link #881
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i thought studio gaga were his assistance, even so i agree every page of that manga is art, and im sure it gotta take lot of time and work,and he have been working for this for a decade, but i have to accept that i dont like having to wait so much for my favorite manga to get one chapter released.
Old 2012-02-11, 22:51   Link #882
Friday
Im shy too...

saw the raw.....can't wait for the translation
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 16:56   Link #883
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Its going back on hiatus after this chapter
Old 2012-02-14, 00:46   Link #884
Belial13

Like that is a surprise at this point if it didn't go on hiatsu for 2 months it would constitute a miracle
Belial13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 09:50   Link #885
Casshern

Just wondering if Miura will ever realize that some (most?) readers don't give a damn about some no-name ghost pirates or a "sea god" that's not even an apostle. Guts has been killing molluscs for two years maybe and personally all I want to see is the group arriving in Elfhelm for now. I'm sure there must be other readers like me who have been waiting for this for what... 4 years now?
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 15:26   Link #886
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Just wondering if Miura will ever realize that some (most?) readers don't give a damn about some no-name ghost pirates or a "sea god" that's not even an apostle. Guts has been killing molluscs for two years maybe and personally all I want to see is the group arriving in Elfhelm for now. I'm sure there must be other readers like me who have been waiting for this for what... 4 years now?
i think by this point people should realize Miura doesn't care about the fans anymore. He is financially set for life and can spend all his time playing video games.
Old 2012-02-20, 16:48   Link #887
Seitsuki
Onee!

-about- -freaking- -time-

...........is what I'd like to say but seeing as pretty much nothing happened...
Old 2012-02-20, 17:24   Link #888
kenjtr

i miss old berserk first chapter 95 page second 70 third 55 fourth 114 fifth 106 etc.. now we are happy to get 18 pages in 9 month lol how pathetic .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 10:02   Link #889
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i think by this point people should realize Miura doesn't care about the fans anymore. He is financially set for life and can spend all his time playing video games.
More like his half dead already, and just can't be bothered anymore.

The kid is probably the main villain dude's (forgot his name) spy or something. Probably keeping Guts alive until the next ritual since he didn't get full apostle power since 2 sacrifices escaped.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 10:55   Link #890
marvelB

Quote:

I think that applies more to Togashi, but.... eh, whatever. But yeah, guess Miura's gotta get his Idolmaster on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
The kid is probably the main villain dude's (forgot his name) spy or something. Probably keeping Guts alive until the next ritual since he didn't get full apostle power since 2 sacrifices escaped.

I assume you mean Griffith, yes? Though technically that kid is Guts' son (who got "corrupted" with Griffith's man-juice after raping Caska). And personally, I think it's precisely because he's his son that he feels the need to protect his father.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 07:52   Link #891
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I assume you mean Griffith, yes? Though technically that kid is Guts' son (who got "corrupted" with Griffith's man-juice after raping Caska). And personally, I think it's precisely because he's his son that he feels the need to protect his father.....
I say he's from Elfham and a helper to Guts, he shows up on a full moon and by chance the group are there.
Old 2012-02-23, 16:14   Link #892
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
I say he's from Elfham and a helper to Guts, he shows up on a full moon and by chance the group are there.
I don't think so. He isn't only looking after Guts, but also Caska. In fact, he seems naturally drawn to both of them.

Personally, I agree with marvelB. The moon light kid is most likely Guts and Caska's son.
Old 2012-02-23, 16:15   Link #893
neshru

Quote:
i think by this point people should realize Miura doesn't care about the fans anymore.
I think he just has no idea where to take the story anymore.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 16:50   Link #894
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
i think if he was still struggling to make rent, he would have a figure where to take the story but since he is financial set. He doesn't have to worry about it and isn't going to spend the kind of effort to take this story to where it needs to be.
Old 2012-02-23, 20:48   Link #895
Franckie

Quote:
But Miura's editor(s) would care. Cranking out the occasional chapter increases profit and recruits new potential fans because people will lose interest and spend less money over time. Miura also has a business obligation to finish the series considering the free reign his superiors give him.

It will take years but Berserk will oneday finish, provided Miura doesn't croack that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
I think it was mentioned in an interview the story is ~2/3 of the way done. Miura knows what he wants to do. Getting him to do it, however...
Franckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 05:31   Link #896
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
It will take years but Berserk will one day finish, provided Miura doesn't croack that is....
hopefully I live long enough to read them

Quote:
I think it was mentioned in an interview the story is ~2/3 of the way done. Miura knows what he wants to do. Getting him to do it, however...
of the "Elf Island Chapter" or the entire Berserk Story?
Old 2012-02-25, 00:26   Link #897
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
hopefully I live long enough to read them
Hopefully he will live long enough to write them.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 14:17   Link #898
marvelB

Quote:

Yeah, it was a response to a letter sent by fans from Skullknight.net where Miura (or more specifically, one of his editors) confirmed that the story was about 60% complete at around the time the letter was sent (which was a few years back). And supposedly Miura rarely responds to fan letters in general, so the fact that there was even a response to the inquiries of western fans makes me lean towards the statement being pretty legit.....
Old 2012-02-25, 14:22   Link #899
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, it was a response to a letter sent by fans from Skullknight.net where Miura (or more specifically, one of his editors) confirmed that the story was about 60% complete at around the time the letter was sent (which was a few years back). And supposedly Miura rarely responds to fan letters in general, so the fact that there was even a response to the inquiries of western fans makes me lean towards the statement being pretty legit.....
it doesn't matter how close Berserk is to finishing if Miura can't off his ass to finish it.
Old 2012-02-25, 14:59   Link #900
marvelB

^Never denied that. I just wanted to confirm the validity of the statement, is all. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the series managed to finally slog its way to the 70% mark about a decade after this post was made.

Tags
dark fantasy, fantasy, seinen