Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-08, 04:30   Link #61
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
lol too many spoilers in opening
I think "Goten and Trunks fuse into Gotenks!" is now as much of a spoiler as "Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father!" .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 07:08   Link #62
hamazura
whatever

just watched it. surprisingly i like this gohan slice of life dragon ball more than the actual fighting
Old 2014-04-08, 08:20   Link #63
Peanutbutter

With just one arc, there really isn't much material to play around with, judging from the OP and ED.

And I think at this stage, spoilers are irrelevant. After all, this is a Director's Cut of almost something almost 20 years ago.

I always prefer the SOL aspect rather than the fighting part, maybe because of more character interaction etc.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 09:31   Link #64
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
With just one arc, there really isn't much material to play around with, judging from the OP and ED.

And I think at this stage, spoilers are irrelevant. After all, this is a Director's Cut of almost something almost 20 years ago.

I always prefer the SOL aspect rather than the fighting part, maybe because of more character interaction etc.
i like interraction between vegeta and trunks's sister more than all the fight in dragon ball gt, best tsundere father
Old 2014-04-08, 09:57   Link #65
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
i like interraction between vegeta and trunks's sister more than all the fight in dragon ball gt, best tsundere father

Speaking of character interaction... how many people here has been reading the Dragonball Multiverse webcomic? Because it's quite good (art is very similar to Toriyama's own style) and has lots of "fanservice-y" moments - where by fanservice I don't mean the sexual kind, but the "let's show all the fights and the character interactions that you all would have wanted to see" kind. Thanks to the whole parallel universes shtick it allows for stuff like Pan playing around with her great-grandfather Bardock or Super Buu chatting with his fat self.

Old 2014-04-08, 10:03   Link #66
GDB

Quote:
just watched it. surprisingly i like this gohan slice of life dragon ball more than the actual fighting
Yeah, it'd be pretty fun to get a post-Buu Saga highschool rom com with Gohan and Videl hamming it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Speaking of character interaction... how many people here has been reading the Dragonball Multiverse webcomic? Because it's quite good (art is very similar to Toriyama's own style) and has lots of "fanservice-y" moments - where by fanservice I don't mean the sexual kind, but the "let's show all the fights and the character interactions that you all would have wanted to see" kind. Thanks to the whole parallel universes shtick it allows for stuff like Pan playing around with her great-grandfather Bardock or Super Buu chatting with his fat self.
Multiverse is fun, but it takes too damned long to go anywhere. I think it's been about 4 months since the last actual tournament scene due to providing incomplete backstories for random universes.

That said, it shows how Pan could actually be a really fun and good character, basically a female Goku (unlike the failed "young Goku" in Goten), rather than the mere annoyance we got in GT.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 23:58   Link #67
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post

thank you for information, i didnt know this multiuniverse thing until yesterday. i read it all night, all 863 page lol, its super exciting... somehow i like the flashback/the each universe story more than the actual tournament. hope to see super namek fight for real
Old 2014-04-09, 03:13   Link #68
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
somehow i like the flashback/the each universe story more than the actual tournament. hope to see super namek fight for real
I think the best one was the one of the universe where Bardock became king and rebelled against Frieza... but now that you've marathoned it, prepare to wait in agony as fights take months to end .

Old 2014-04-09, 05:32   Link #69
Atarashii

This flopped a bit in the ratings with a 5.3%. Back in 2009 the first episode got a 11.3% rating.
Atarashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 07:03   Link #70
yellowscarves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarashii View Post
This flopped a bit in the ratings with a 5.3%. Back in 2009 the first episode got a 11.3% rating.
That's kinda sad. Is it at a bad time slot or something?
yellowscarves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 07:11   Link #71
Atarashii

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowscarves View Post
That's kinda sad. Is it at a bad time slot or something?
Nope. Exact same time slot as before.

Quote:
The series average rating was 9.4%, with its maximum being 12.3% (Episode 47) and its minimum being 6.4% (Episode 18)
So it's Kai's worst rating ever.
Old 2014-04-09, 15:33   Link #72
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarashii View Post
But what was the hype machine like this time? There was probably a smaller push this time around. Also: the plagiarism issues with the OST for the first run probably had some effect on chilling excitement for the show.
Old 2014-04-09, 15:56   Link #73
Atarashii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
But what was the hype machine like this time? There was probably a smaller push this time around. Also: the plagiarism issues with the OST for the first run probably had some effect on chilling excitement for the show.
I think there was definitely less promo and hype. But still, a 6 point drop is quite huge. We'll have to see how the next episodes do though. If it was really a matter of promo, ratings should improve.
Old 2014-04-10, 04:45   Link #74
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yeah, it'd be pretty fun to get a post-Buu Saga highschool rom com with Gohan and Videl hamming it up.

Multiverse is fun, but it takes too damned long to go anywhere. I think it's been about 4 months since the last actual tournament scene due to providing incomplete backstories for random universes.

That said, it shows how Pan could actually be a really fun and good character, basically a female Goku (unlike the failed "young Goku" in Goten), rather than the mere annoyance we got in GT.
actually pan have different character than young goku ( dragon ball goku)

back in topic -> they skip a lot of filler (some good and some bad filler)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 04:48   Link #75
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
actually pan have different character than young goku ( dragon ball goku)

back in topic -> they skip a lot of filler (some good and some bad filler)
really? i thought all scene in this episode about gohan slice of life were a filler
Old 2014-04-10, 07:32   Link #76
Gundamx

Quote:
really? i thought all scene in this episode about gohan slice of life were a filler
nah, it's canon, at-least in kindle version
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 15:42   Link #77
ookamigirl

Dragon Ball Kai

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 21:03   Link #78
n0m@n
C-Z

Shit. I'm punching the screen every time I hear Videl's voice. She sounds too retarded.....
Old 2014-04-13, 17:11   Link #79
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Just saw episode #2 (100). Pretty solid so far. I can see that the directors are rushing to get Goku in the show ASAP. The most amusing thing so far is that Bulma's smoking can't be easily cut and thus her bad habit prominently lingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Shit. I'm punching the screen every time I hear Videl's voice. She sounds too retarded.....
I wonder why Yuko Minaguchi was willing to do Videl for the new movie but not for Kai. Shino Kakinuma doesn't bother me that much though.
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 18:30   Link #80
Tyranno Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyCat View Post
I wonder why Yuko Minaguchi was willing to do Videl for the new movie but not for Kai. Shino Kakinuma doesn't bother me that much though.
doesnt bother me that much either, but I agree, it is odd that Yuko Minaguchi would do the movie but not the show.
Tyranno Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote