AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-17, 10:48   Link #41
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
... why do I get the feeling that not a single bit of your speculation is going to be true?
Because I'm usually so far off the mark on my random speculation that it gets swamped.

Still, I have a feeling they're going to have a new OP soon, especially if they are planning on doing a tomogara centered arc sometime after Pheles.
Old 2007-12-17, 11:32   Link #42
ashlay
the red string of fate

yeah, I'm sure they'll throw Sabrac into the later season. (unlimited blade works vs. unlimited ribbon works... >_>) I mean they've got 5 tomogara slots open and 13 episodes left, there's plenty of fights for them to do.

too bad the first half made so many people unhappy.
Old 2007-12-17, 15:59   Link #43
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
yeah, I'm sure they'll throw Sabrac into the later season. (unlimited blade works vs. unlimited ribbon works... >_>) I mean they've got 5 tomogara slots open and 13 episodes left, there's plenty of fights for them to do.

too bad the first half made so many people unhappy.
Why did they drag it out for this long?
Old 2007-12-17, 16:04   Link #44
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Why did they drag it out for this long?
because they basically made up an ending last season and now the continuity is all screwed up. Wilhelmina was supposed to be trying to kill Yuji for like episodes 3-7 (or something like that. I dunno, it would have been an arc)

anyway, it basically seems like they didn't really know what to keep and what to drop, so they just kinda went with school material and putting in the Konoe character to try and straighten things out till they got to Pheles. but now that we're here I have a hunch things will go to something along the lines of season 1, fights with school episodes inbetween. (then again maybe not >:3 )
Old 2008-01-03, 01:50   Link #45
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
anyway, it basically seems like they didn't really know what to keep and what to drop, so they just kinda went with school material and putting in the Konoe character to try and straighten things out till they got to Pheles. but now that we're here I have a hunch things will go to something along the lines of season 1, fights with school episodes inbetween. (then again maybe not >:3 )
So, what is the purpose of putting in Konoe arc and what mistake they can overcome with this arc?

Another question is about the anime episode 13 of season 2 when Marjorie find out about Yuji's silver flame. This fact would not have happened if Yuji do not cast his silver fuzetsu. Am I right about this? If he let Shana, Wilhemina or Marjorie cast their own fuzetsu, Marjorie will not find out about it. I guess that he is too eager to save other schoolmates, even though it may put his life in danger.
Old 2008-01-03, 04:26   Link #46
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
So, what is the purpose of putting in Konoe arc and what mistake they can overcome with this arc?

Another question is about the anime episode 13 of season 2 when Marjorie find out about Yuji's silver flame. This fact would not have happened if Yuji do not cast his silver fuzetsu. Am I right about this? If he let Shana, Wilhemina or Marjorie cast their own fuzetsu, Marjorie will not find out about it. I guess that he is too eager to save other schoolmates, even though it may put his life in danger.
Yep. That's Yuji alright.

I believe that the purpose of putting in a Fumina Konoe arc is to fill up the areas for the 24 episode SnS II season. Knowing that some more novel events would not fit in a 24 episode season with the Pheles arc, even with the omission of the Fumina arc, J.C. Staff has probably decided to use Fumina Konoe as an anime original arc, both at the beginning and the end. It's also possible that there may be a Shana III.
Old 2008-01-03, 04:38   Link #47
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Yep. That's Yuji alright.

I believe that the purpose of putting in a Fumina Konoe arc is to fill up the areas for the 24 episode SnS II season. Knowing that some more novel events would not fit in a 24 episode season with the Pheles arc, even with the omission of the Fumina arc, J.C. Staff has probably decided to use Fumina Konoe as an anime original arc, both at the beginning and the end. It's also possible that there may be a Shana III.
I hope for both anime original arc (but it must be good) and Shana III

But err.. (after that Zero madness), I just hope J.C. Staff won't mess it up. Maybe I'm still too paranoid, though.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-01-04, 18:06   Link #48
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post

Thanks for the explaination. Can we put up a list of the mistake J. C. Staff does in season 1 and their solution they implement in season 2? Their mistake is that they miss out certain events that are crucial to the storyline. It is not like I am criticizing them. In fact, we have to be thankful to J.C. Staff for bringing Shakugan no Shana to us. I just want to understand how they arrange storyline in season 2 to overcome their mistake in season 1. I realized that there is a discussion about this thing in other posts, but hopefully we can put here a quick summary.

Novel: During the arrival of incest twin, Reiji Maigo absorbs Sydonay's severed arm, thereby increase Yuji's power of existence greatly.
Anime: The synchronization of Yuji with Hecate increases his power of existence.

Is any more that I miss? Hopefully, you all can add in to the list.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2008-01-05 at 21:34.
Old 2008-01-04, 20:22   Link #49
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Thanks for the explaination. Can we put up a list of the mistake J. C. Staff does in season 1 and their solution they implement in season 2? It is not like I am criticizing them. In fact, we have to be thankful to J.C. Staff for bringing Shakugan no Shana to us. I just want to understand how they arrange storyline in season 2 to overcome their mistake in season 1. I realized that there is a discussion about this thing in other posts, but hopefully we can put here a quick summary.

Novel: During the arrival of incest twin, Reiji Maigo absorbs Sydonay's severed arm, thereby increase Yuji's power of existence greatly.
Anime: The synchronization of Yuji with Hecate increases his power of existence.

I don't think the anime original ending in season 1 was a mistake at all. I think that J.C. Staff was playing conservative, since they don't know how the TV ratings would go and how many viewers would actually be interested (other than the novel community), so they went with the anime original. If there was a mistake, it was that Shakuan no Shana I was too successful that J.C. Staff decided to make a season II.

I mean, you shouldn't expect anything when it's your first time doing it.
Old 2008-01-05, 09:02   Link #50
Devard

Quote:

Well, I guess you could count the fact that the revelation that the Reiji Maigo has a defensive mechanism (which severed Sydonay's arm) was shown to viewers of the anime when Mare tried to extract it out of Yuji in episode 2 of season 2.
Old 2008-01-27, 04:30   Link #51
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Well, the characters chart on the official website has been filled a bit now.
Johann appears where the empty mystes spot is and Pheles fills up the last Denizen of the Crimson World slot.
It seems that there will be no more independent weaklings and the Bal Masque is left.

There are still five slots. Just who could they be? I can't pull out five Denizens out of my head...

The slot besides Dantalion seems to for the Snake, and one of the slots at the bottom (for followers) is Fecor.
Maybe Sabrac?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-01-27, 07:59   Link #52
Devard

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
There are still five slots. Just who could they be? I can't pull out five Denizens out of my head...

The slot besides Dantalion seems to for the Snake, and one of the slots at the bottom (for followers) is Fecor.
Maybe Sabrac?
One of those four at the bottom could also be that old looking fellow you see in the 14th novel. If I remember correctly, someone said the Snake killed / ate him?
Old 2008-01-27, 08:09   Link #53
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devard View Post
One of those four at the bottom could also be that old looking fellow you see in the 14th novel. If I remember correctly, someone said the Snake killed / ate him?
old priest=zarovee, yuji killed him not snake

SnH at the top

fecor, sabrac, zarovee and bifrons at the bottom i would guess
Old 2008-02-02, 16:18   Link #54
alvinkhorfire

The animation in second OP covers events up to volume 14. So, there is slim chance that they will animate events from Volume 10 and Volume 15 in season 2. Perhaps as other have already said, they can animate it in OVA. Am I right about this?
Old 2008-02-02, 16:21   Link #55
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
The animation in second OP covers events up to volume 14. So, there is slim chance that they will animate events from Volume 10 and Volume 15 in season 2. Perhaps as other have already said, they can animate it in OVA. Am I right about this?
The op actualy shows Yuji's Black flames so they might even go into vol 16
Old 2008-02-05, 09:58   Link #56
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
The op actualy shows Yuji's Black flames so they might even go into vol 16
And beyond, it seems.
Old 2008-02-07, 12:10   Link #57
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Since the Season 1 showed that Hecate could synchronize with Yuji that easily, would it be possible that the season 2 would have Yuji being forced to allow the Snake of the Festival to merge with him?
Old 2008-02-07, 18:31   Link #58
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lua thien View Post
Since the Season 1 showed that Hecate could synchronize with Yuji that easily, would it be possible that the season 2 would have Yuji being forced to allow the Snake of the Festival to merge with him?
Nope, Yuji turns to the "Dark" Side of his own free will. He was not forced at all. SotF even said to Yuji in one of their conversations "I'm only here because you want/allowed me to be here"

Yuji Wants power and that's what SotF gave him
Old 2008-02-07, 19:06   Link #59
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Quote:
Nope, Yuji turns to the "Dark" Side of his own free will. He was not forced at all. SotF even said to Yuji in one of their conversations "I'm only here because you want/allowed me to be here"

In the novels, it was free will. So the anime is going to follow the same thing?
Old 2008-02-07, 19:07   Link #60
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:

...Your making Yuji sound like Darth Vader
Closed Thread