AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-11-21, 06:23   Link #19501
Dark Knight Gafgar
Dirty Bloody /b/tard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allquall View Post
Spoiler for A Different Point of View:
Spoiler for The Perils of Divorcing an Earth Woman:
Dark Knight Gafgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 06:34   Link #19502
MrBirthday

Hello, everyone. I've been lurking for a while now, and finally decided to post something I thought of some time ago. After listening to this song, I found myself thinking of how it might apply to Yuuno, if he were to confess his feelings to Nanoha and be told by her that she doesn't feel the same way about him. Thoughts, anyone?

P.S. I don't hate or dislike Yuuno, this is just a song-inspired fic idea.
MrBirthday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 07:09   Link #19503
isagrimorie
Zombie Slayer in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight Gafgar View Post
Somehow, I really find this story really, really hysterical.
isagrimorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 07:14   Link #19504
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Quote:

That... Was interesting. Might as well as save her younger self from a horrible future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBirthday View Post
Hello, everyone. I've been lurking for a while now, and finally decided to post something I thought of some time ago. After listening to this song, I found myself thinking of how it might apply to Yuuno, if he were to confess his feelings to Nanoha and be told by her that she doesn't feel the same way about him. Thoughts, anyone?

Y'know, it actually would be pretty suitable for the scenario you've just described.

Anyway...

Satashi, just wondering about something - given that photocomics are essentially a story told in the form of photos in a comic format, i.e. this, what's the official FFT stance on them? Should they be posted here, or in the image thread?

If you'd like, I could whip up a little 4koma involving Shamal and a really shiny sword.
OZ7UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 07:17   Link #19505
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

^ I'd say image thread. After all, 4komas are posted there even if it's fanfiction. FFT is primarily text-based IMO.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 08:47   Link #19506
Insane Inquisitor

A Doctor Who/Nanoha crossover...

Dear All:

(1) New here, hello everybody.

(2) Yes, you read the title right. Link to the story of FF.net is here:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5519512/...Space_and_Time

Basic Premise: Given the name of the TSAB and A Time Lord, surely they must be aware of each other? Then the Doctor decides to go looking for a pen pal, but ends up with more than just one...

Please review and, especially, check on my characterization. I need a good smack in the head if anyone is out of character.
Insane Inquisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 09:15   Link #19507
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:

Welcome!

That fic would be interesting. Rejection is rarely touched on, so it would be interesting to see how its played out :3 I say go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ7UP View Post
Satashi, just wondering about something - given that photocomics are essentially a story told in the form of photos in a comic format, i.e. this, what's the official FFT stance on them? Should they be posted here, or in the image thread?

If you'd like, I could whip up a little 4koma involving Shamal and a really shiny sword.
Well, I would say picture because they're pictures, but if its a fic WITH pictures then I'd say either. If its just a 4koma or something, then picture thread would be best. if it was like a comic book, then here would be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Inquisitor View Post
Dear All:

Basic Premise: Given the name of the TSAB and A Time Lord, surely they must be aware of each other? Then the Doctor decides to go looking for a pen pal, but ends up with more than just one...

Please review and, especially, check on my characterization. I need a good smack in the head if anyone is out of character.
dunno about Dr. who so I can't really comment. However, welcome to the thread and I hope you enjoy your stay ^_^
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 09:34   Link #19508
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Quote:
Dear All:

I can smell a befriending several blocks away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Well, I would say picture because they're pictures, but if its a fic WITH pictures then I'd say either. If its just a 4koma or something, then picture thread would be best. if it was like a comic book, then here would be fine.
Thanks for clarifying.

OZ7UP's Figma Shamal: Awwww, but I really wanted to teach that punk kid DNK-whatshisname a lesson!

OZ7UP: Oh, shush. Even if Satashi did give the go-ahead to post in the image thread, I'm not going to let you do anything that'll get me banned from the AS forums.

Shamal:
OZ7UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 09:42   Link #19509
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Oh dear. Poor Yuuno.
Old 2009-11-21, 09:51   Link #19510
isagrimorie
Zombie Slayer in Training

Quote:
Dear All:

Hey, a fellow newbie!

A Doctor Who and Nanoha crossover, I admit the thought crossed my mind after all the Doctor travels through TIME AND SPACE!

Spoiler for Doctor Who Specials spoiler:
isagrimorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 10:58   Link #19511
Arkeus

Quote:
...and now for something completely different.

Ahah, i tend to agree with both point of views. Nanoha is more real, while Yuuno's give the possibility, when he matures, to go 'beyond normal'.

I don't really believe Nanoha tend to be 'bored' at all though. In the cast, i believe Fate has th least chance of gettign an happy marriage (romantic girl, but lack defenses agaisnt pain), Yuuno is a little immature in that short (but in the series, he is like Nanoha i think), and Nanoha herself is an helpless romantic who decided she won't accept half-things, and so would prefer never to marry than marry the wrong person (and i believe she has a good idea of what would be the wrong person, as she appear to doubt a lot).
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 13:40   Link #19512
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
I found this to be darkly amusing. Good job

Quote:

Welcome! I'd read your fic, so go for it!

In other news, I've posted my Kamen Rider crossover on FF.net in the crossover section (aka the place where fics go to die). If you enjoyed it, please be kind enough to leave a review. Thanks ^^
Old 2009-11-21, 14:42   Link #19513
MrBirthday

To tell you the truth, I'm not really a writer, just an idea man. I posted that bit so that any interested parties could make use of it if they wished.
MrBirthday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 15:03   Link #19514
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
To tell you the truth, I'm not really a writer, just an idea man. I posted that bit so that any interested parties could make use of it if they wished.
Ah, well, you should have said that in the first place, then!

I've used the premise (Nanoha not returning Yuuno's feelings) in several of my fics, but I've never specifically written a scene where she rejects him. I don't think I'd ever write it just for the sake of writing it, but it'd have to be part of a larger story.

I too have a fews of ideas for stories that I personally don't think I could pull off/would rather read some one else's take on it. One is a "What if" story that would remove Nanoha completely. "What if Fate had been around on Earth and she was the one who found wounded ferret Yuuno?"
Old 2009-11-21, 15:12   Link #19515
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
New chapter for "Shadowfire" up and running. One of my more recent drabbles, since Dezo was kind enough to write out another request. ^__^

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5301936/11/
Old 2009-11-21, 15:19   Link #19516
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Once again, cute! Although I must admit, as I didn't get to it the last time...what movie did Vivio get this from?
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 15:39   Link #19517
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
...and now for something completely different.

Very nice. Hmm. I see so much fear in Nanoha in this. Fear of losing passion for the one she loves, fear of losing their love, so much fear I see here. That is the root of her disagreements with marriage seems to be. Passion (Lust/Attraction) may ebb and flow, but their are other parts of love, romantic love and attachment. A romantic relationship is like the seasons of life, and they are complex and change, but they are a part of life.

Its attachment that ultimately ends up being the person who puts more wood on the fire and watches it. If people come through these trials and are firm in maintaining and reinforcing their love, they are much stronger afterward. The main thing I feel that ends relationships is fear of failure in these trials, and the thought that their partner cannot endure the bad times(as its so much easier to remember the negative incidents in some cases), so its better to just break it off.

I also do not think Yuuno should give up, and I'd hope he could see the fear so obviously present in her. Don't send the box back just yet!
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 15:51   Link #19518
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

I agree, Nanoha does indeed have a fear of comittment to some degree. Like how at first she was a bit hesitant to adopt Vivio, stating "I've already been shot down once before."
Old 2009-11-21, 16:00   Link #19519
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
The comment about "the dog is non-negotiable" had me howling with laughter, even though normally I'd be incredibly angry at Arf being treated that way! And I also found this hysterical in its over-the-topness!
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 16:09   Link #19520
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Once again, cute! Although I must admit, as I didn't get to it the last time...what movie did Vivio get this from?
I honestly didn't have a specific movie in mind. It happens so often in kiss scenes in all different forms of media that I never had a specific movie in mind... but as for an actual scene, I was thinking of Love Hina when Naru first kisses Keitaro and pushes his glasses up into his hair.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha