AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-30, 13:10   Link #121
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Hmmmm...I was under the impression he just said Ground Zeroes was open world. Ah well.

Still there's nothing wrong with that, I think he said too quite a while ago after Ground Zeroes was first announced it's "open world" in the sense that there's many different ways of approaching a single objective. Not necessarily Big Boss having one main objective and there being tons of "side-quests" to distract you from it.
Old 2013-03-30, 13:15   Link #122
ikusfan

I don't mind that, what worries me is that they might not focus on the story as much as in the previous games, there might be some cutscenes here and there but a major portion of the game will be lacking in story.
ikusfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 13:31   Link #123
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Weird. I loved the story of Peace Walker and how it dealt with Big Boss trying to cope with the loss of The Boss and analysing her reason for what she did. I honestly fail to see how Portable Ops' story was superior or even that relevant to the entire series compared to it. Outer Heaven wasn't even mentioned in PO either.

And I'm pretty sure Portable Ops is a canonical entry, it's just the first of the existing 2 that weren't directed by Kojima. (The other being Rising.)
That's actually part of what I didn't like in PW. They made Big Boss seem like a lost child who had no idea why his mommy left him behind. The tape at the end of MGS 3 should have already told him what he needed to know. He should have come to the conclusion he reached at the end of PW a lot sooner.

Portable OPs was very relevant. The identity of the patriots were revealed (or rather, hinted at) in it long before MGS4. It explained how Big Boss established Foxhound, how he got the necessary funds to later create Outer Heaven and even how he got the idea to make a nation of soldiers in the first place. Furthermore, lots of characters from previous MGS titles were in this (Gray fox, Campbell, Ocelot, etc...) so that made it seem pretty important. Peace Walker only had Miller.

I don't know if PO is canon or not (seems like people are debating other this) but Peace Walker was always described as a major entry in the saga, so I expected a more important story.
Old 2013-03-30, 13:40   Link #124
ikusfan

Who says that portable ops is not canon ? It has always been canon! I never seen anyone debating its canonism.
Old 2013-03-31, 12:13   Link #125
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ground Zeroes demo. Fox Engine demo

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Just wow, Iam really impressed. Also MGS Ground Zeroes, is that Major Zero?
Old 2013-03-31, 12:53   Link #126
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikusfan View Post
Who says that portable ops is not canon ? It has always been canon! I never seen anyone debating its canonism.
I believe they say that since the Metal Gear Acid 2 staff made it and Kojima did not direct it. Also, I remember an interview telling that Portable Ops is meant to help the player understand more the plot from Solid 4.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 18:05   Link #127
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

MGS Portable Ops is where BigBoss rescued Eva and Ocelot helps him.

I loled here.

YouTube
Old 2013-03-31, 19:13   Link #128
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
MGS Portable Ops is where BigBoss rescued Eva and Ocelot helps him.

I loled here.
Did Portable Ops really have Big Boss doing that? As far as I remember the whole plot was about stopping Gene and the FOX unit. Ocelot showed up in the end, shot a guy from the CIA and talked with Zero about creating the Patriots and was told about creating clones. I don't remember Eva appearing in the story.

I don't blame Jeremy. Peace Walker has so many things it's impossible to have a 100%. Also, when is he reviewing the Portable Ops and Peace Walker?
Old 2013-03-31, 19:37   Link #129
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

She survive a plane crash which she mentions in MGS4 BigBoss saving him, but not mentioning the plane crash.

YouTube

Yep I also don't blame Jeremy, you really need to play all through out the MG games to see everything. MGR though you DLC a few things *cough Sam*
Old 2013-03-31, 22:50   Link #130
ikusfan

As much as I love the series I would like to see something new from Kojima, maybe an adventure game.
Old 2013-03-31, 22:56   Link #131
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikusfan View Post
As much as I love the series I would like to see something new from Kojima, maybe an adventure game.
There is Zone of the Enders but that appears to have been forgotten by the staff.
Old 2013-03-31, 23:38   Link #132
ikusfan

I think they are working on the 3rd zone of enders but I want some new story from Kojima.
Old 2013-04-01, 12:25   Link #133
Haigon

David hayter about MGSV:

Quote:
METAL GEAR V

By

David Hayter

So,

Here’s a recap of events:

I have been up in Toronto, for the past eight months, directing my first film, (WOLVES -- 2013, TF1/COPPERHEART). On the December break, I came home to Los Angeles for the holidays. I heard then, that recording sessions for MG:V were being put together.

But I didn’t hear anything about whether I’d be needed or not.

So, I got in touch with someone involved in the production. We got together for lunch, and he told me that they "wouldn’t be needing me" on this game. No reason, or explanation was given beyond that.

And that was it.

I drove home through Laurel Canyon, bummed, and thinking about Snake.

To be clear, I love being a part of the world of Metal Gear. I admire its technological innovations, the gameplay, the political message of it all. But primarily, I love the fans of these games. Two grown men burst into tears upon meeting me at the Vancouver Fan Expo last year.

Now that... Is a rare and excellent role. You know you’re making an impact.

And I love doing it.

n 1998, I tried to do come up with a voice which epitomized the kind of worn, put-upon, genetically-engineered clone-soldier that I saw Snake to be. Over time, as the games became more stunning and visually sophisticated, I tried to transition that initial voice into the increasingly real environments in which Snake found himself. My level of success is up to you, but any perceived deficiencies were not for lack of hard work. I have dedicated a huge amount of time and effort into creating a compelling character, capable of expressing the myriad emotional, physical and psychological hurdles that Snake has to face.

Anyway, now it’s been fifteen years, nine games, and an enormous blast to undertake.

If it were my choice, I would do this role forever. To hear anyone else’s voice coming from Snake’s battered throat, makes me a little ill, to be honest.

But the truth is -- it’s not my choice. Any and all casting decisions are the sole purview of Hideo Kojima, and Konami itself. And that’s fair.

And I’ll get by. I am not lacking for employment on any level.

But I didn’t want anybody to think that I was intentionally abandoning them.

And know that I will miss this job, and this character, very much.

My best wishes to you all,

David Hayter

April 1, 2013"

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rjhhf9
April's Fools?
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 12:52   Link #134
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I wish it where but it was announced well before today so I think its official =[

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 13:37   Link #135
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

It has to be fake. The author even forgot to write the "Solid" in the title.
Old 2013-04-01, 13:46   Link #136
Haigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
It has to be fake. The author even forgot to write the "Solid" in the title.
It's on Hayter's twitter, unlees he got hacked it isn't fake.
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 16:37   Link #137
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

A part of me thinks that Kojima and Hayter are trolling us, but if this is true then dang man, I mean finding out like that. That's pretty cold.
Old 2013-04-01, 16:48   Link #138
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

A famous theory is that in Ground Zeroes Big Boss will be voiced by Hayter and in the Phantom Pain by Richard Doyle or Kiefer. The trick could be that news said Hayter was not hired for the Phantom Pain but Ground Zeroes meaning Kojima never said a lie. Still, Akio Otsuka (Snake's regular actor) voiced Big Boss in the Ground Zeroes video.
Old 2013-04-01, 23:05   Link #139
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Probably fake since April Fools. Who knows...doesn't mean it's on twitter it's the real thing that happened and I agree it won't be "Kept You Waiting Huh?" from the loading screen of MGS4 in Ground Zeroes.

Also.....Metal Gear? Don't tell me they're working on a remake of "Metal Gear" and "Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake" with D.Hayter
Old 2013-04-03, 09:24   Link #140
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Another David Hayter interview. He also updated his twitter claiming it wasn't April's Fools... ._.

http://metalgearsolid.nl/?p=7402