AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-28, 21:56   Link #81
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'd stopped checking... will make the rounds and see.
Old 2010-05-13, 16:43   Link #82
charizardpal
灼眼の

The manga is finished in Japan. 16 volumes!

But in America it's licensed with no new volumes beyond #12, and has been on hiatus since 11-14-2008.

「心でなくちゃ、よく見えない。もののなかみは、目では見えない、ってこと。」
Old 2010-05-14, 00:26   Link #83
scrumly1

I'm gonna call this one dead, it can join my other dead licensed manga, princess resurrection, pastel, boys be
Old 2010-06-29, 04:41   Link #84
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Can someone here translate the remaining untranslated chapters? Yeah, this is licensed and all but we might as well go ahead since Tokyopop has chosen to not do anything with this.
Old 2010-07-01, 19:30   Link #85
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Tokyopop refuses to say anything about the series and does not respond to requests for either releasing, finishing, or do they have a schedule.

I do have the complete set in Japanese (which I'm starting to think is the way I should just collect all manga unless Yen or Del Rey picks it up.... TP and ADV are worthless and unreliable. The shinier their websites get... the less reliable they've gotten.)

Hmmmm, I've already got a couple of translation projects underway of unlicensed properties and this one can be tough to parse out at times... but it would be interesting to see if the TP ogres will defend their license with a C&D while simply gripping it tightly in the dark as they are. If nothing has happened in a few months, I might accidentally be more free then la la la hmmm hmmmm.
Old 2010-07-02, 08:40   Link #86
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
but it would be interesting to see if the TP ogres will defend their license with a C&D while simply gripping it tightly in the dark as they are.
That would be better than nothing. At least then they will be extremely obligated to finish the series, that is if they respond at all.
Old 2010-07-02, 23:32   Link #87
taimea

well if anyone dose translate vol 13+ I'll be happy to clean and type set.
Old 2010-07-03, 03:23   Link #88
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Tokyopop have been very inactive. I remember how we from B-T tried to clear up situation with Shana novels (so we could take it over top translate as they stopped with two volumes only) but they failed to respond but as we got C&D from another group over Spice and Wolf we decided to remove Shana from our translation projects just in case.

Still Tokyopop failed to provide a response themselves weather they dropped the translation of Shana or not. Similar fate can be here too. Not to mention that their translation is highly questionable and that they tend to censor some suggestive images and descriptions.
Old 2010-07-03, 19:31   Link #89
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Still Tokyopop failed to provide a response themselves weather they dropped the translation of Shana or not. Similar fate can be here too. Not to mention that their translation is highly questionable and that they tend to censor some suggestive images and descriptions.
Aye, its very "interesting" (appalling, whatever) to compare some of the imagery and dialog from the original Japanese to the TP "sanitization". It isn't major... but you wonder why they bothered making the changes.
Old 2010-08-24, 02:40   Link #90
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Derp. I understand that the series is licensed and all, but I'd really like to find out what happened in the final two volumes.
Old 2011-01-23, 21:54   Link #91
Exether

I don't know japanese but here are some things I kind of concluded from watching the raws:

Spoiler for Final Volumes:
Old 2011-06-26, 10:18   Link #92
Man0warr

Well now we know why TokyoPop was so quiet.

Wish someone would translate the last volumes.
Old 2011-06-27, 20:07   Link #93
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exether View Post
I don't know japanese but here are some things I kind of concluded from watching the raws:

Spoiler for Final Volumes:
I watched the manga raws about a year ago, and I can plainly state that I was dissatisfied with the way how it concluded.

To be honest, I felt the whole last volume was rushed, as if the manga-ka was either in a damn hurry to finish it off all at once or being kept pushed around by his editor because being so close with the deadlines.

Anyways, from the moment I concluded the whole Tsukuyomi - Moon Phase - manga, then I knew back then why my appreciation for Karin (Chibi Vampire) manga skyrocketed, since the latter ended with a very meaningful finalé.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-07-06, 14:06   Link #94
Exether

At the least we have some kind of idea about how the story concluded. I wish there was someone willing to traslate the last volumes tough.
Old 2013-06-07, 12:57   Link #95
GundamZZ
残念美人

The manga is completed, and the story is sad.

The story mood is 180 degree turn. It may be related to manga artist's car accident. He was not in a good condition, and the manga was in never-ending delay. It's surprising that he manged to complete the series.

Although the first half of the manga is light-hearted, the later half of the manga is very dark. There are so many tragedies. However, the ending is somewhat cute.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, kemonomimi, seinen