AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-01, 03:50   Link #541
Lost

*bump* Sad, I was hoping that Bugmaster would have a chance of showing at the opening of GV's VivoCity Multiplex; because they are having a European Union Film Festival; but I guess not. Its unfair!! Why does DeathNote get to be shown here and Mushishi not??
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 14:46   Link #542
nororu
wandering star

highly recommend it if haven't watch it...

it's profund as they come...
nororu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 01:17   Link #543
wao
OK.

Lost: I thoguht you were lying until I saw a trailer of Death Note (死亡日记?) on the TV at the Clementi MRT station... orz

But Mushishi has like MUCH less of a following in Singapore compared to Death Note Even in Japan... And if hte movie was lousy they're even less likely to show it. Why show a confusing movie about a manga few people read? The producers wouldn't agree to it.

Perhaps we'll see it appear some day in some obscure screening somewhere....

But I'm STILL hoping for Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
Old 2006-10-04, 09:23   Link #544
Lost

*gasp* why would I lie about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Perhaps we'll see it appear some day in some obscure screening somewhere....
Your right. I'll never stop looking. Never!
Old 2006-10-06, 12:50   Link #545
Lost

Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeonDVD
FUNimation Sends New C&D's (08:55 AM EDT): This kind of information spreads like wildfire among forums and sites, but apparently FUNimation has sent out some new Cease & Desist letters to fansub sites for a number of titles in recent days. As the caveat goes, this does not mean they have the license for these shows and may be acting on the behalf of the Japanese licensor that they have an existing relationship with. We've seen it happen this way in the past and the title licensed elsewhere. But in all reality, more often than not it does mean that these titles are shifted to the "highly likely" if not guaranteed category, just not necessarily by FUNimation. Titles mentioned include:

# XXXholic TV (24 episodes)
# Ragnarok the Animation (26 episodes)
# Mushishi (26 episodes)
# Suzuka (26 episodes)
# Sakura Taisen La Nouveau Paris (3/OVA)
# ATASHIn'CHI (either 1 movie or "141" TV episodes)
Sigh Sigh Sigh. I believe I was waiting for the last episode. Anyway, to talk about this reasonably; I suppose its actually quite a fantastic thing that Mushishi is so near to licensing (Never expected it). If done well, it can only improve the popularity of the show. Well, I suppose we need to standby for more news.

Last edited by Lost; 2006-10-06 at 13:09.
Old 2006-10-06, 14:47   Link #546
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
oh damnit, right before the last episode. But my selfish feelings aside, I really am happy. :>

Last edited by Tzurial; 2006-10-08 at 18:34.
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 15:08   Link #547
gianna
gigi

Would they really send out C & D letters if a licensing wasn't obtained - What happens to a series before it is officially licensed - is there some spot between not licensed and licensed

(oh yeah - a while ago someone asked for fan art links - sorry but I can't find the post so if you still want them please say so)
gianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 15:23   Link #548
lommm
l'homme de lommm

i think i was one of the people wanting fan art links...

as to the c&d letters.... the group that had been doing it has the script done... they didn't say they won't release it, just that there's nothing official... so you might still get to see it fansubbed.... no one has actually licensed it yet... or you could learn Japanese
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 15:52   Link #549
Ichigo91
Dharma Institute

That really sux, only 1 ep to go and now its licenced!
And C1 have dropped Mushishi
Old 2006-10-06, 19:06   Link #550
gargleblaster
spluh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo91
That really sux, only 1 ep to go and now its licenced!
And C1 have dropped Mushishi
oh man.

<grasps shoulders, begins shaking>

WAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
gargleblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 20:48   Link #551
chucky
Always impatient

I dont mind these north american distributors telling animesuki to cease posting it and fansubs to drops the series, but:

1) I didnt read the C&D letter, but didnt at least some of these subs help its promotion? They dont need to start this with legal threat at the very beginning, as suggested by the title "cease and desist".....

2) If they keep sending C&D, how about they just at the same time set a release time so the fans would know how long they have to wait for? Guess that's more polite....

Last edited by chucky; 2006-10-06 at 21:42.
chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 21:22   Link #552
Cal-Reflector

The situation is so depressing one cannot help but laugh at it. The last episode of the series! Like tearing the last page out of a gripping detective novel or thriller.
Old 2006-10-06, 21:27   Link #553
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

I don't care who, but someone must pick up the last episode. Someone. That's just ridiculous.
Old 2006-10-07, 00:43   Link #554
Lost

This is shite. That just ruined my day. Mushishi being left uncompleted; me thinks its a disgrace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone
If they do not hold a license on the anime, they have no right to issue such an order. That'd be like going into a car dealership to look at cars and then ordering the dealership not to let anyone else test drive one certain car until you decide whether you want it or not. A C&D can ONLY be issued AFTER an anime is licensed.
Anyone know where I may procure the script? <PM>

Last edited by Lost; 2006-10-07 at 00:55.
Old 2006-10-07, 00:44   Link #555
Kyomi
What do I know?

I was waiting on the last release to start watching, maybe I did a good thing seeing all those people having to stop at the last episode, I agree it's realy not a nice feeling to have.

Let us not get depressed shokun, get your spirits up.
Besides, whatever happens at this rate, if not officialy liscensed we will get to see it subbed soon, or if it is, the DVDs will be there.
Kyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 08:09   Link #556
wao
OK.

This new layout is a little distracting..

Well, at least this licensing news still is good news for you guys over there (although you'd have to wait a long time for the last ep...) it's just tough luck for us people because it sure as hell ain't getting licensed here soon (BUT I'LL WORSHIP WHOEVER DOES, even if it's Odex and the translations suck) and imported DVDs would be quite expensive.

Then again, if they sit on the license for a while, by the time they release the DVDs I might be able to start buying things online...

Bah, but I'm sure you'll see the last episode float up some day soon. It's just one episode. I'd almost do it if my Japanese proficiency hadn't been deteriorating these past few weeks...
Old 2006-10-08, 05:46   Link #557
Rion
Ramune~

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Bah, but I'm sure you'll see the last episode float up some day soon. It's just one episode. I'd almost do it if my Japanese proficiency hadn't been deteriorating these past few weeks...
Ooooh! That'd be great!

Umm, I have been wondering which are the corresponding manga chapters to episodes 21-26. If this had been posted somewhere, I simply couldn't find it ^^;

Edit: Oh okay, the Wikipedia article lists it.
Rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 06:21   Link #558
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
This new layout is a little distracting..

Well, at least this licensing news still is good news for you guys over there (although you'd have to wait a long time for the last ep...) it's just tough luck for us people because it sure as hell ain't getting licensed here soon (BUT I'LL WORSHIP WHOEVER DOES, even if it's Odex and the translations suck) and imported DVDs would be quite expensive.

Then again, if they sit on the license for a while, by the time they release the DVDs I might be able to start buying things online...

LoL if you ever do it, can u please keep the filesize below 180 mb. So I can fit all my eps into one dvd. It makes it so much easier to lend and introduce it to friends.
Old 2006-10-08, 10:50   Link #559
Unduality

There is a spanish subbed release of the last episode (#26) by AnimeUnderground
( http://www.aunder.org/ )

Torrent http://isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=mushishi+26 )

There is also the unsubbed 235MB l33t-raw version.

There should be lots of people that could qualify in translating from spanish, right? And then someone that knows japanese could just have a look at it before the release and make some final changes. Just a suggestion, i mean it is kind of sad to only have ep 1-25 when there are 26 of em. I think someone has the oportunity to gain herostatus in this matter.
Unduality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 01:44   Link #560
arias

I honestly thought Mushishi was a small phenomenon when I came across this feature at Animenewsnetwork:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=9617

Quote:
For the 10th anniversary of the Japan Media Arts Festival, Japanese fans were asked to vote on the top 10 anime and manga of all time. Over 80,000 votes were received in the anime category, and just under 79,000 in the manga category (people were allowed to vote for up to 10 titles).

The top ten manga are:

1. Slam Dunk (Manga)
2. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga)
3. Dragon Ball (Manga)
4. Fullmetal Alchemist (Manga)
5. Doraemon (Manga)
6. Phoenix (Manga)
7. Black Jack (Manga)
8. Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (Manga)
9. Mushishi (Manga)
10. Death Note (Manga)

The top 10 anime are:

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion (TV)
2. Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (Movie)
3. Laputa - Castle in the Sky (Movie)
4. Mobile Suit Gundam (TV)
5. Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro (movie)
6. Mushishi (TV)
7. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (TV)
8. My Neighbor Totoro (Movie)
9. Full Metal Alchemist (TV)
10. Ghost in the Shell (Movie)

NUMBER 9?! And above Death Note?!

NUMBER 6 IN ANIME?!

Oh god. Guys, we're not alone. In fact, there're so many of us out there it's creepy..
arias is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, historical, seinen, supernatural