5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 10.34%
4 out of 10 : Poor 16 9.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 12 6.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 7 4.02%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 13.79%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-12-21, 12:35   Link #61
Fyria

Horrible dragging...just totally out of hand.

If you would cut all staring/filler-flashbacks and useless drags from it would lasted 25 minutes instead 1 hour, and would been like good episode.

Just horrible waste of time. I think 100 episodes of filler is better than destroying series like this.
Fyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 13:19   Link #62
0nly_human

^totally agree, this episode was just painful to watch
0nly_human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 13:46   Link #63
kimbokasteniv

It was a mediocre episode composed of great parts.
There were a couple of good things like: Sai ignoring Sakura, Kabuto getting it handed to him, Kyuubi luring naruto, naruto going 4 tails, and the animation in general.
However, the content between these parts dampens the over all effect. If I were to have the next few episodes in hand, then I think I would of enjoyed this episode as a great setup. But now with a 3 week wait, it feels as if they are punishing us.
kimbokasteniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 13:55   Link #64
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

I just watched it again (don't ask me why), and I noticed something. For as much time as they spend staring at each other, they spend nearly an equal amount of time showing chakra swirl around aimlessly. Seriously, how interesting do they think that can be? It certainly can't maintain interest for the 10 minutes or so they had it going on. I did notice one other thing I liked about the episode though; Yamato's Moku Bunshin no Jutsu was well executed. I guess I didn't notice it the first time because I couldn't see anything but red.

I suppose if you only watch the anime, this was a good episode, but manga readers will probably be quite disappointed (as they seem to be). I just don't understand why they can't seem to make quality animations out of the frames provided. After all, it's their job, you'd think they'd be good at it.
Old 2007-12-21, 14:06   Link #65
Schuyler

I just don't ferking understand they need to take a page from one piece, its like always one arc back from the manga, and they know just the right amount of fillers to do.
Schuyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 15:02   Link #66
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Epic episode. Well i thought they were standing idle alot, but still it was an epic episode. Well with them having so much idle moments in these 2 episodes ,i doubt they will have it for the next episode ( well if they are going to take another 2 episodes , thats another story). Any ways i loved it. I liked the first part better than the second.
Absoluetly Epic! This for me was the best episode ever. I really appreciated the work they put in this. Yes, I know the plot doesn't progress much, but I really appreciate how we can distinguish the power differences between each transformation level. I think after such a massive period of fillers, it was quite right of them to add the interim flashbacks to reinforce the awesomeness of Naruto's(kyuubi) power and to give an idea of some history about the power and Naruto/Sasuke's relationship.

The devastation from Naruto's power-ups were amazing, and I think the escalation of power was fantastic too. I probably might think differently to the rest of you about this, but I think that if they rushed 1 tail to four tail in a quicker time, I would of been very disappointed. And I would probably not appreciate the true nature/background of the Naruto kyuubi power, if there were no flashbacks.

I think once you take in the bigger picture over the rest of this arc, and when you re-watch this arc again fully, I would definately appreciate the time spent on this episode, even though there were some idle moments.

All in all for me 10/10.
AkatsukisApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 15:15   Link #67
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

i also think that without flashbacks there weren't be any connection in the story,expecially for those who didn't read manga, and don't know the whole backround and from where Yamato came and how he mastered the First's wood technique, how did Jiraiya get that scar. I still wanna know how he got him so mad and furious
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 15:39   Link #68
ThoHell

Flash back and stuff wasn't the issue, nor was it really the animation (the quality of the animation through this entire series has rarely been outstanding, only a few epic episodes were). The issue is the constant staring and contradiction of character action. Naruto should of lost all rational thinking and gone crazy, instad of just standing aorund so much.....it was one huge YAWNNNNNNNNN. He should have attacked everyone and everything. A good guy attack his own side is a plus for me, I like characters who go rogue.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 15:44   Link #69
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
btw can kyuubi use genjutsu??
No, its not a genjutsu, that was an artistic representation of Kyubi, you could say it was based on the Power behind Kyubi Chakra at that moment.

Quote:
orochimaru looked to bad ass in this episode though, he his not afraid of kyuubi...? who does he think he is the fourth
No, he thinks he is better than the fourth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfftw View Post
Yamato = a failure or the animators are failures instead of 5 seconds stare's he could try to seal kyuubi away or he was thinking hmmm oro let naruto take him out..
Good question, it seem he was expecting for the 4th tail to not sprout. Bad luck for him!

--------

OK, I had a very big post defending this double special of Naruto (at the end, decided to keep it for myself), I can agree to some extent with Kina observation, but there are other observations that really are not on the mark, specifically about fillers, for Naruto standards (including old series), the amount of fill-ins are perfect, after that, this episode is a copy of the correspondent Manga chapters.

I can say I’m a little bit disappointed about the people bashing the episode: the Flashback were used perfectly like they did in the Manga (more on that bellow) and everything was done exactly like the Manga (seen very few Filler in the process). I understand the need for a Double episode, it was the last episode of the year, so they wanted to go out with a a double episode, I see no trouble in that. is better to have 2 episode now, than to only get one and wait 3 weeks for a new episode.

About the episode itself:

This episode, as well as the manga, were created for the reason of Information purposes and build up for the Orochimaru Vs Naruto, so I think this episode compared to its manga counterpart was good, I gave it a 7, given I did not liked that they did not used the same animation for the first half as they did to the second half (I got to say, I don’t remember such fluid movements in Naruto).

Lets see the Highlights of the episode.

-We learned more in depth What the 4th tails means and the repercussion it has on others and Naruto.

-We Learn that Sasuke right now is stronger than Naruto at 3 tails and still like 4 tails, Oro is just with his arrogant grin at it “That boy amuse me to no end”.loved that quote.

-We learn about Yamatos Background and the Wood Bushin was sweet!.

-We got to see How powerful a 4 tails Naruto is (he is fighting on equal grounds with a Sannin and nearly Killed one).

-How about Sai?, he was badmouthing Sasuke for been a traitor, and look how he behaved with Sakura and a direct order from his acting superior.

These things (amongst other small details I did not mentioned) are important to know about. Because it can help you understand better what its going on, and not look directly for the fight and that’s it.
Old 2007-12-21, 15:49   Link #70
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

~sigh~ flashbacks have left me in despair. Would have rather seen 40 as its on filler epi and then 41-42 as the special but oh well.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 16:07   Link #71
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
~sigh~ flashbacks have left me in despair. Would have rather seen 40 as its on filler epi and then 41-42 as the special but oh well.
Exactly!! They seem to be doing this a lot in Shippuuden; a two-episode special that covers everything that's not the upcoming fight, then a single episode to cover the fight. What kind of sense does that make!?! It's not special if there's no action, it's just boring, and frustrating, because you expect to see some serious action, and have to sit through an hour of filler (for lack of a better term) instead.
Old 2007-12-21, 16:14   Link #72
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

maybe because they don't want story to end too fast? If they will do everything after manga, they would soon catch up with manga, and that means end of material for them... And they need to strechhhhhhh as much as possible...
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 16:52   Link #73
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
painful...huge disappointment
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 16:54   Link #74
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuma77 View Post
maybe because they don't want story to end too fast? If they will do everything after manga, they would soon catch up with manga, and that means end of material for them... And they need to strechhhhhhh as much as possible...
That's kind of bunk though...at least right now. The manga is still 100 chapters ahead of the anime (give or take a few). That's about a year of episodes, at a rate of 2:1, not including double eps and weeks off. In that year, another 50 chaps will come out, so there's another half year of material for episodes. By then, we could be looking at the end of the series itself. I'm not saying they need to speed up the pace and keep it sped up, but they could certainly speed it up for all the non-action sequences, and then slow it back down for the fights and what not.
Old 2007-12-21, 16:58   Link #75
Pentium
Uchiha

The dragging of this episode was amazing truely amazing... how the team managed to do this was incredible! Minutes of trees shaking and red chakra flying about the place I think there was only 10 minutes of an actual episode! Rest of the anime was:

1. Staring
2. Red chakra flying around
3. Trees swaying
4. Orochimaru taking forever to walk back to that blasted bridge

I gave it a 4 mainly because Kabuto got pwned flat on his ass but yet he was still laughing about it... talking about getting pwned!

Quote by Cub-Sama: Say that to Raikage who's awesomeness can only be compared to what would happen if Samuel L MOTHERF*CKING Jackson and Mr. T had a child who was raised by Rambo. Even with Sage Mode I think Raikage can b*tch slap Naruto into next week.
Pentium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 17:26   Link #76
ghstwrld

So, shippuuden is like 0-6 for these double specials. For shame.
ghstwrld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 20:17   Link #77
Fatty Chalupa
Whats this fuzzy feeling?

I acgually enjoyed watching next episodes preview than watching the episode itself. Judging from the sneak peak though, it looks like they finally pulled out the episode 26 level animation.
Fatty Chalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 20:47   Link #78
Fran~
floating away...

Untill next year fellas!!!... (01/10)

what a disappointment, but it had some moments though...
Old 2007-12-21, 21:57   Link #79
zetsumei

Quote:
Untill next year fellas!!!... (01/10)

what a disappointment, but it had some moments though...
20 plus minutes of staring at each other...should of end this series at ep 135...
zetsumei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 22:21   Link #80
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsumei View Post
20 plus minutes of staring at each other...should of end this series at ep 135...
in anime time is relative: the eternal last 5 minutes in Namek... (DBZ)

I miss pre-shipuuden's background music... I miss a good fight (Chiyo+Sakura Vs Sasori is the exception), that's why i had high expectations about this "special".

bah... i want my money back!