AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 04 Rating
Perfect 10 43 14.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 4.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 8.65%
7 out of 10 : Good 42 14.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 26 9.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 13 4.50%
4 out of 10 : Poor 19 6.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 16 5.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 8 2.77%
1 out of 10 : Painful 85 29.41%
Voters: 289. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-02, 11:29   Link #21
Peanutbutter

NOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo............... ........................

*DIES*
Old 2009-07-02, 11:29   Link #22
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltakatei View Post
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Indeed, my friend. Indeed.
Old 2009-07-02, 11:30   Link #23
topboy
poor man

For first 3 new episodes after it aired just few minutes ppl vote/rating it immediatly , but this episodes... only few ppl rate... just wonder why
Old 2009-07-02, 11:30   Link #24
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

The troll-masters strike! >.<

Well, at least we got some more cute Haruhi moments...

Kyon, I hope you know that the weight of the entire universe is riding on your shoulders...
Old 2009-07-02, 11:31   Link #25
Arrnea
Stormbringer

Hahahahahahahahahaha....
Nicely played, KyoAni!

Here's to an eight-parter!
Spoiler for this episode:
Old 2009-07-02, 11:31   Link #26
baltakatei

XD Okay, for some odd quirk of my personality, I am rating this a 10/10. The previous episodes were rated as "meh" and "kinda cool". But for a studio to have the balls to go through with airing 4 episodes on nearly the exact. same. plot..... this is probably a first in anime history. It's a very odd first, but a first nonetheless.

Spoiler for Edit: Oh, and reaction form 2 chan is as expected::

"Ha?"
"eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
"ueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
(etc.)
Old 2009-07-02, 11:31   Link #27
relentlessflame

*Administrator

When you think about what they've done here, it starts to make sense why they packaged this whole thing in the re-airing of the first season. The "gimmick" here is to give novel readers something they thought they could predict using their novel knowledge, and then still manage to surprise them. If they had just aired this as a second season, this idea would never have worked, because a second season has to have its own sense of flow. So now we see why they "cancelled" the second season, and instead "rebooted" the franchise -- somebody had this very bright idea. I think this is the sort of thing that only this franchise can do (most people don't dare take these sorts of creative risks), so I'm very pleasantly surprised.
Old 2009-07-02, 11:33   Link #28
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

I don't mind watching a third episode (or even fourth) of Endless Eight, I'm just worried what sacrifices the other stories will have to make for this madness!
Old 2009-07-02, 11:34   Link #29
Ascaloth

Come to think of it, at this point there's only one possible way for KyoAni to give all this even more of an Endless Eight feel than it does already....

"Hello, Juiz? Please add in a brainwashing frequency into each of the Endless Eight episodes we make so that they'll forget about it each time. Make sure the frequency is imperfect so everyone watching will get deja vu with each new episode they watch...."

Old 2009-07-02, 11:35   Link #30
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm wondering how they're going to package this "reboot" for DVD sales. The gremlins in my head say they'll re-release the entire series with the new inserted episodes
(meaning a lot of the SHnY 1.0 box sets become dust-attracting paperweights)
Old 2009-07-02, 11:35   Link #31
Orophin

Wait... WHAT?! Another episode for Endless Eight?!

I don't know if I should laugh or cry...
Old 2009-07-02, 11:35   Link #32
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
When you think about what they've done here, it starts to make sense why they packaged this whole thing in the re-airing of the first season. The "gimmick" here is to give novel readers something they thought they could predict using their novel knowledge, and then still manage to surprise them. If they had just aired this as a second season, this idea would never have worked, because a second season has to have its own sense of flow. So now we see why they "cancelled" the second season, and instead "rebooted" the franchise -- somebody had this very bright idea. I think this is the sort of thing that only this franchise can do (most people don't dare take these sorts of creative risks), so I'm very pleasantly surprised.
Creative risks or not... I kinda want to see the other stories animated too...
Old 2009-07-02, 11:35   Link #33
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Honestly speaking, I find this ridiculous.

This one totally lacked the dramatic impact of the second, maybe it's because we (the viewers) have seen it but I do not think that is the reason. It's like this part had a different director altogether.

With the lack in dramatic impact, everything was stale. (No Koizumi moment, no Kyon awesome deja vu moments etc) Really stale. Yes, it's the 15,499th time (or at least 3rd time for us).

I really think they're trolling us for the fun of it.

(Who wants to go and set one up Kyoani?)
Old 2009-07-02, 11:36   Link #34
Archaic

How appropriate it is that Endless Eight comes from the volume "The Rampage of Suzumiya Haruhi". I had an inkling they'd do this about 5 minutes out from the ending, when I realized just how little time they had to wrap things up, but even so it still caught me by surprise.

Okay....I'm putting my money down now on there being 8 episodes of Endless Eight. That leaves us with, what, Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody and Sighs completing the "season"?
Old 2009-07-02, 11:39   Link #35
wittyusername
GRADE 8 NIGHTMARE VORTEX

Funny, KyoAni.

Funny.

You clearly aspire to make people laugh in Hosaka-like quantities, and you know what?

You've just done that.

Only this franchise could get away with this. No matter what they do with the series, people are going to buy the DVDs and every other form of Haruhi-related merchandise they can find.

I really hope that all these Endless Eight episodes could somehow be counted as one episode by KyoAni/Kadokawa/whoever. I wish that somehow, once the fans of the series were either about to go crazy or about to become seriously depressed, there'd be enough different episodes released to complete the season. K/K/W would say, "What 15,498+ episodes that were more or less the same? I don't know what you're talking about. There was one Endless Eight episode, and it ended exactly like how the novel ended. Then we aired the rest of the episodes, old and new content ali--"

See, that's when the bomb will go off.
Old 2009-07-02, 11:39   Link #36
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrnea View Post
Hahahahahahahahahaha....
Nicely played, KyoAni!

Here's to an eight-parter!
Spoiler for this episode:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
Okay....I'm putting my money down now on there being 8 episodes of Endless Eight. That leaves us with, what, Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody and Sighs completing the "season"?
Oi oi oi, guys....I called this at least two weeks ago. Where are my cookies?
Old 2009-07-02, 11:42   Link #37
typhonsentra

Given that they only have 14 episodes total for this project, I'm thinking the other season was "Cancelled" was because they promoted it as Yuki's big Disappearance story, which right now is indeed looking like it was canceled in favor of a combination of E8 and Sighs, with the final episode of the season most likely being "Someday in the Rain".
Old 2009-07-02, 11:42   Link #38
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Creative risks or not... I kinda want to see the other stories animated too...
I guess all we can say is that "good things come to those who wait"? For all we know, this reboot could still be the preamble to an actual "second season". Time will tell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
This one totally lacked the dramatic impact of the second, maybe it's because we (the viewers) have seen it but I do not think that is the reason. It's like this part had a different director altogether.
It did have a different director, and that's very much on purpose. Each time loop is supposed to play out differently, which is why they put a different episode director on each version and let them "run with it". This episode and the last one did have the same writer, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'm wondering how they're going to package this "reboot" for DVD sales. The gremlins in my head say they'll re-release the entire series with the new inserted episodes
(meaning a lot of the SHnY 1.0 box sets become dust-attracting paperweights)
Yes, that is the real question here, and to be honest I have no idea how this is going to play out. I'm not even sure how to speculate. But if they do try to pitch the whole show all over again, I'm not too sure I'll be so quick to bite again, since I've already bought it twice as it is...
Old 2009-07-02, 11:42   Link #39
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
It's like this part had a different director altogether.
I'd need to check, but from what I can tell, I think it did.
Old 2009-07-02, 11:43   Link #40
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittyusername View Post
Funny, KyoAni.

Funny.

You clearly aspire to make people laugh in Hosaka-like quantities, and you know what?

You've just done that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMbF0V4XgCM

Speaks for itself, don't it?

Closed Thread