AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-05-23, 00:59   Link #41
pervypig

Why no snu in this series though... Underdog tales are fine and all, but ain't underdog tales where the dog snu all the hot babes in some freak-bestiality party much more popular?

Also, Note/Nort has been a supporter for half a yr from party to party, so isn't it strange that they only noticed the value of his skill now? I would assume that at most after the 3rd party he would be able to sell himself better.
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-23, 02:20   Link #42
sasuke706

No snusnu because tsundere was super against the whole in-party awkward romance vibes between members.
When the slutadin Rosalia decided to go after him, tsundere put in extra effort trying to make in-party romance against the rules.
Putting the tsundere in a tough position when she actually fell for him (even if she was the only one who ever agreed to the rule in any way).
So the protag isn't even dating anyone at the moment despite having two girls interested in him, with him even being interested in one of the two.

It's not like there can't be snusnu in the future.
The series doesn't actually have all that much content due to the author going on hiatus for like half a year, and before that he was updating like once or twice a month for a little while.

The Arrivers are the first party he's been to the dungeon with. Before that, he was a luggage carrier at best.
No one, including Mia, ever bothered trying to get him learn how to fight since skills are generally regarded as the most important part in real fights.
His map has good synergy with scouting Arts but by default all it is nearby geography—nothing notable. He had no merits as an adventurer, especially with him being nearby just being depressing since he was a sad mope for a while.
Note was basically waiting for a solution to fall into his lap which didn't happen in Jin came along.

While it's also theoretically possible for people to train hard enough to surpass skill holders, it's widely regarded as infeasible.
The only people to have notable fighting ability unrelated to skills is Jin, with the recent Head-chopper assassin noted to have above average sword ability without having a skill directly related to it.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-23, 02:20   Link #43
Rasty

^^ Nothing of that was in a dungeon and his skill mostly shines now because of the detection art, which seems pretty hard to learn and he had neither a mentor to teach him that nor the will to do so. Lastly, most people want to learn attack arts, not support ones.
As for snusnu, I have no idea, considering at one point it went almost there, just got fuzzled later. But in current chapters Note is no longer an underdog, weak yes, but not miserable.

^ Ninjaed.
Also, the head cutter is described as weak in a real fight. He can do only one move that is worth mentioning (chop off the head) with the sword and even that is just on a level Note can evade even if done in a counter. His main forte is the hiding, but he has a skill support for that.
And Jin's fighting style is mostly reliant on the fast movement skill and changing the form of metals for tricky moves. So even he is largely dependent on his skills (even though those skills might not be directly attack focused).
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-23, 03:25   Link #44
wuhugm
Confused Shark

@pervypig

This is not the type of story to have snusnu
Probably only at the ending
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-23, 10:54   Link #45
lexlexz

jin is assassin right?
he is not a scout right?
then instead of dying isnt most likely that he is going full assasin?
like the guys with the best (how do you say it ?)
damage dealer? dps? these things in games
lexlexz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-23, 20:07   Link #46
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Welp, everything ends well. Feels a little anticlimactic, but it's in the spirit of the novel, so I guess it's fine.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-27, 12:38   Link #47
zztop

Hazure Skill just got a manga version.
https://over-lap.co.jp/Form/Product/...&cat=CGS&swrd=

Artist is Savan, who also does World's End Harem Fantasia.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-25, 07:15   Link #48
Rinvelt
駄目人間

So, even if the WN isn't updated anymore, the LN is continuing, and in the new volume, Note and CF meet and fight! Guess who wins.

Also,
Spoiler:

Didn't read it, just glanced here and there. I don't think I'll read the LN before a while, though I really want to read his meeting with CF.
Old 2019-04-25, 12:06   Link #49
Rasty

^ Not read it too, but some question for people more in the know
Spoiler:
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-25, 12:47   Link #50
Rinvelt
駄目人間

^Gave it another glance just for you!

Spoiler:
Old 2019-04-25, 12:49   Link #51
sasuke706

I'll have to read it at some point but I think he's pulling a Skeleton Knight here.
Going by his update posts, he plans on finishing volumes before posting them. In this case it seems he also means finishing published volumes.

Regardless he said he plans on upping the fourth volume soon, but the fifth will probably be a long ways off.

Also everyone saw it coming. No surprise.
Old 2019-04-25, 13:11   Link #52
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Oh, he posted that after me, so didn't notice.

Anyway, he's going to modify the first three volumes with the changes in the LN, so it might still be better to read from the start.
Though I don't know how worth it is. I don't think I'll read again from the start.
Old 2019-04-29, 00:22   Link #53
sasuke706

Well read through the volume.
Spoiler for 4th volume impressions:

Now to wait half-a-year or more for the next one, I guess.
Old 2019-04-29, 01:45   Link #54
Garn

^Now I just don't want to read it again, I like more reading chapters of the fall of the protagonist and his overcoming instead of reading a long timeskip without any change until "something" happens.
Garn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-29, 17:20   Link #55
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

It's nice to hear that Note and Mia reconciled (?). Could you tell us more about that?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-29, 18:31   Link #56
sasuke706

Sure, why not.
Spoiler for Mia's role and thoughts on it:
Old 2019-05-02, 20:09   Link #57
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Whoops, just looked at this. Thanks, sasuke706. This sounds really interesting, hope I'll get to read it one day.

Spoiler:

Old 2019-05-11, 15:18   Link #58
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Finally took some time to read the volume.
Was pretty nice to see Note continue to grow (even if he had to touch bottom once again before that) and finally meet Miya and know her feelings.

Spoiler:

I have to say, though, that I would have liked the volume more if I actually remember what happened in the past volumes... Kind of a shame.
Now, have to wait for vol 5.

Also, apparently the author finished to upload vol 4 on Narou, as well as change the past three volumes to be like the LN, so if you want to read.
Old 2019-05-11, 17:20   Link #59
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Thanks for pointing that out, probably wouldn't noticed otherwise.

Old 2019-05-12, 08:55   Link #60
Asuka'
Nin Nin

Been a while since I saw this thread popped up here, and yesterday I read the WN after reading the manga first, for the plot reason, Rozuria the Crusher.

Spoiler:

After reading the WN, I'm surprised this one even get a manga or LN. The last several wn raw also recently updated, while the last chapter before the update is exactly one year ago...
Asuka' is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dungeon, fantasy, growth, harem