AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-23, 21:20   Link #841
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I'm so hoping Spielberg brings back some of the magic that went along with BoB as that is one of my all time favorite shows.
however which part of the Halo verse they cover I'm still not sure what I'd really like to see but guess I have to say I'm slightly leaning towards mostly to do with the MC and Cortana(they are after all a rather unique pairing imo and one I've loved since the first game).
The Spielberg reveal had a graphic with the words: John, we need you (or something like that). So, MC is likely to be involved in some way.

It looks to be a joint project between 343 studios, CBS, and Spielberg. As I enjoyed Forward Unto Dawn, I'm not worried in the least that this Spielberg Halo show is going to be horrible.

Gotta figure they'll start talking about Halo 5 at this E3, or next years, as well.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 12:03   Link #842
Helius

Cutscenes, that's all I ask. I don't even care about the "game" itself, I'd just go for the story as I did with Halo Wars.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 13:24   Link #843
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post

Cutscenes, that's all I ask. I don't even care about the "game" itself, I'd just go for the story as I did with Halo Wars.
Apparantly it's only going to cost 7 dollars. And my laptop has windows 8.

Yeah. I'd get this. Seems fair, and the gameplay looks fun. And I love those kind of semi animated cutscenes they've been occasionally using for these halo games. (they should have used those for Spartan Ops, and focused the fancy cgi focused on doing stuff with the in game missions).
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 14:50   Link #844
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

It's about that bitch Sparta, careless do I.
Old 2013-06-04, 15:53   Link #845
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
It's about that bitch Sparta, careless do I.
Don'tcha mean Palmer?

Well fortunately you can play someone else but...man, why are they trying to make Palmer into main character tier
Old 2013-06-04, 16:31   Link #846
ScorchingFlames
Jack of Blades

Its possible that it may not only be her you would be playing. Judging from the video, you may also play that yellow/gold spartan as well. But, weather its a named or nameless character we would have to wait.

It like looks the cut scenes are being done by the same guys that did the terminal videos in Halo anniversary, and Halo 4, which were done as a motion comic.

Last edited by ScorchingFlames; 2013-06-04 at 17:06.
ScorchingFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 19:50   Link #847
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchingFlames View Post
Its possible that it may not only be her you would be playing. Judging from the video, you may also play that yellow/gold spartan as well. But, weather its a named or nameless character we would have to wait.

It like looks the cut scenes are being done by the same guys that did the terminal videos in Halo anniversary, and Halo 4, which were done as a motion comic.
Perhaps we'll get to pick between the two of them. That way we can avoid as much Palmer as possible.

though I'm certainly not opposed to that second point. I always loved those Halo motion comics.
Old 2013-06-06, 18:29   Link #848
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

You know, I've been meaning to ask how old is Serin Osman? Serin is a wash out of the Spartan II program, we've seen her on Spartan Ops she look like she is in her 20s. Masterchief been in cryo majority of the Human Covenant War like most Spartans coupled with 4 years before Halo 4. In the ending, Chiefs eyes seems like he is very old like in his mid 30s yet Serin who is a wash out have not been in Cryo that much and have been following in the footsteps of Parangosky.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 19:38   Link #849
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
You know, I've been meaning to ask how old is Serin Osman? Serin is a wash out of the Spartan II program, we've seen her on Spartan Ops she look like she is in her 20s. Masterchief been in cryo majority of the Human Covenant War like most Spartans coupled with 4 years before Halo 4. In the ending, Chiefs eyes seems like he is very old like in his mid 30s yet Serin who is a wash out have not been in Cryo that much and have been following in the footsteps of Parangosky.
I'm not sure I agree that Osman looks in her 20's. I look at her, and she doesn't quite seem old, but she doesn't look all that youthful.

Master Chief and osman were born in the same year. 2511. Meaning chronologically (as of Halo 4) they're both 47 years old. Though biological age gets muddled by the amount of cryo sleep they both could have gotten. Though keep in mind. Osman has spent most of her life doing intelligence work. Most of it behind a desk or a console. Master Chief and the other Spartans have spent the last couple decades of their lives in prolonged high intensity combat conditions, much of it close quarters combat.

Such conditions are not conducive for somebody looking youthful.

This man was only 20 years old when the photo was taken.
Old 2013-06-06, 19:49   Link #850
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I'm not sure I agree that Osman looks in her 20's. I look at her, and she doesn't quite seem old, but she doesn't look all that youthful.

Master Chief and osman were born in the same year. 2511. Meaning chronologically (as of Halo 4) they're both 47 years old. Though biological age gets muddled by the amount of cryo sleep they both could have gotten. Though keep in mind. Osman has spent most of her life doing intelligence work. Most of it behind a desk or a console. Master Chief and the other Spartans have spent the last couple decades of their lives in prolonged high intensity combat conditions, much of it close quarters combat.

Such conditions are not conducive for somebody looking youthful.

This man was only 20 years old when the photo was taken.
True, that could be. I still think that she looks like she is in her 20's however, like near end 20's. I wonder about Serin as a character, obviously she has hostile thoughts for Halsey. It was mentioned that she may be the only participate of the Spartan II program to not think of Halsey as a mother. She is looking to be set up as an Antagonist for Halo 5.
Old 2013-06-06, 20:00   Link #851
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
True, that could be. I still think that she looks like she is in her 20's however, like near end 20's. I wonder about Serin as a character, obviously she has hostile thoughts for Halsey. It was mentioned that she may be the only participate of the Spartan II program to not think of Halsey as a mother. She is looking to be set up as an Antagonist for Halo 5.
I for one eagerly welcome the opportunity to put down Paragonsky's trained chimp with extreme prejudice.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2013-06-06, 20:05   Link #852
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
I for one eagerly welcome the opportunity to put down Paragonsky's trained chimp with extreme prejudice.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Yeah, Serin, I think feels like Halsey rejected her. She is a wash out of the Spartan II program. So maybe that is why she and Paragonsky got along, they both hated Halsey. I also thinks she got an inferiority complex noted in Halo: Grassland when Phillips was trying to be friendly to her when she thought that if she wore her Spartan number ID: 019 then Phillips may have acted much differently to her.
Old 2013-06-07, 05:11   Link #853
Helius

Quote:
I believe Rambo is right and Osman is in her mid/late 40s, like the rest of Spartan-IIs. Just so you know she can look youthful despite being at that age, which isn't that old TBH (just look at all those Hollywood actresses in their 40s). Mind you, she also received the initial gene therapies before being kicked out of Spartan camp, so she's already retained some of the enhanced body metabolism which has made her not only look younger than she actually is but likely stronger as well.

And that leads me to your second point about Osman not seeing Halsey as a mother figure. To be fair she failed at the augmentations and got kicked out, so she probably didn't get to interact with Halsey much. And as you said she may also feel rejected as a result, which contributed to her animosity towards Halsey.
Old 2013-06-07, 05:32   Link #854
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
I believe Rambo is right and Osman is in her mid/late 40s, like the rest of Spartan-IIs. Just so you know she can look youthful despite being at that age, which isn't that old TBH (just look at all those Hollywood actresses in their 40s). Mind you, she also received the initial gene therapies before being kicked out of Spartan camp, so she's already retained some of the enhanced body metabolism which has made her not only look younger than she actually is but likely stronger as well.
This. I mean, Angelia Jolie is in her late 30's and has a great looking face. People don't automatically turn into hags when they hit their 40's. Especially if they haven't lived a physically arduous life for decades like Chief has.

Quote:
And that leads me to your second point about Osman not seeing Halsey as a mother figure. To be fair she failed at the augmentations and got kicked out, so she probably didn't get to interact with Halsey much. And as you said she may also feel rejected as a result, which contributed to her animosity towards Halsey.
Oh I understand why Osman doesn't like Halsey. That's perfectly understandable.

I still think she's a hypocritical knuckle dragger who has no business being in charge of an intelligence organization.
Old 2013-06-07, 07:50   Link #855
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Well, I admit my lost. Yeah, chronically she is 47 like Chief is. Jennifer Aniston still looks beautiful despite being 44. Rambo, I agree on your opinion that Serin should not be the head of Office of Naval Intelligence. She was one of the major contributors of the situation right now. Parangosky gave the orders and Serin followed through without any hestitation thus leading to the creation of Covenant Remnant. Thus, her mistake cause the disturbance of peace between the Sangheili and mankind, it is kind of a joke that she is the boss.

Right now the Covenant Remnant is not a big worry for ONI, that will probably change rather quickly. Despite Halsey care for her Spartans, it is no doubt that she feels that she has been betrayed. Not only that, she been kept out of the loop and treated as a war criminal despite she having like 30 percent in saving humanity. All of Parangosky and Serin's own projects such as the Spartan III and Spartan IV never made the contributions or feats like the Spartan IIs.

I wonder how Serin was in the Spartan II program, was she liked among her peers in there? We know from experience that not all Spartans get along with each other like Spartan Team Red and Black.
Old 2013-06-07, 08:54   Link #856
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
All of Parangosky and Serin's own projects such as the Spartan III and Spartan IV never made the contributions or feats like the Spartan IIs.
More importantly, all the work that went into the Spartan III and Spartan IV program are derivative of her work.

Really makes Palmer kind of irritating in Spartan Ops. She's on such a high horse about what a monster Halsey is...when just days prior, she'd been gloating about how superior her Spartans were compared to regular Marines/Army. Despite the fact that all the advantages she's so cocky about (the armor, the augmentation) were all came from that War criminal she despises so much.

Palmer just seems to completely lack in reflection of any kind if she's going to get all righteously indignant about medical experimentation on child soldiers, and then proceed to flaunt the fruits of said experimentation around like it's something she can take credit for.
Old 2013-06-07, 09:18   Link #857
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
More importantly, all the work that went into the Spartan III and Spartan IV program are derivative of her work.

Really makes Palmer kind of irritating in Spartan Ops. She's on such a high horse about what a monster Halsey is...when just days prior, she'd been gloating about how superior her Spartans were compared to regular Marines/Army. Despite the fact that all the advantages she's so cocky about (the armor, the augmentation) were all came from that War criminal she despises so much.

Palmer just seems to completely lack in reflection of any kind if she's going to get all righteously indignant about medical experimentation on child soldiers, and then proceed to flaunt the fruits of said experimentation around like it's something she can take credit for.
Agree completely on all your points. Parangosky dislike Halsey very much because Halsey wasn't someone she can puppeteer into following her interest. Rather Halsey defied all of her wishes, worse yet to Parangosky is that Halsey gotten so much success and influences in the UNSC. Something she can never have including the respect of the Spartans aside from Serin who is a wash out.

Palmer does strike me as you said. She got pride in being a Spartan yet she never gave the credit that is due for being one. Medical procedures and the armor especially (who I still believe is not even close to good as the Mark VII made by Halsey) stem from the research of Halsey. The ship she is on was made by Halsey. The advancements of AI constructs was also due to her, especially Cortana and Serina. Weaponry such as the Spartan laser stem from the MJOLNIR project from which Halsey was the Chief Scientist. All of these contributed to the survival of the human race. While Palmer and her Spartan IVs became the first Spartans in history to receive the Prisoner of War medal against an under-armed and under-technological Covenant. She has the gall to tell Halsey quiet and she is the blame for the attack because she haven't fix the Ship, whose bright idea was it to bring Forerunner artifact onto the ship without first researching it on the surface of Requiem to know the dangers?

For what reasons were there for Halsey to be called a war criminal. Palmer herself needs to be told that her armor and her abilities all came from a war criminal.
Old 2013-06-07, 13:39   Link #858
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

And that is why I won't play any halo that you play as her. Hope she dies.
Old 2013-06-07, 14:05   Link #859
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
And that is why I won't play any halo that you play as her. Hope she dies.
Well I wouldn't go that far. She may be a Spartan, albeit she is a Spartan IV meaning she used to be a grunt in the front-lines. Specifically there is a comic about her called Halo: Initiation. She used to be a ODST so she got some part of training like most of the Spartan IVs though it cannot be compared to the training of Spartan IIs and IIIs. Considering all Spartan IVs background and including an example of how limited the knowledge of the Spartan IVs are courtesy of DeMarco who is the leader of Team Majestic did not even know that Halsey was the creator of the Spartans, I am guessing Palmer is pretty much the same as all the Spartan IVs with being limited to knowledge. After Halsey was arrested, I assume many of ONI tried and succeeded in destroying Halsey's reputation. Palmer has more knowledge than most Spartan IVs, but it feels like she doesn't have all of it. Thus I assume whatever stories that ONI made up of Halsey, she believed them.

It is kind of ironic isn't it, remember Reach, the line that Halsey said to Carter "Commander, are you a puppet or a Spartan?"

Halsey should have said that to Palmer in Spartan Ops and she is also the rank of Commander. Also, isn't it a coincidence that among all the Halo games, Masterchief openly disobeyed an order from a Superior Officer (he was a ass, he deserved to get thrown off the ship by Chief). Bungie isn't known for coincidence, instead these little details often have shocking information or foreshadowing for the next game.
Old 2013-06-07, 14:26   Link #860
Helius

Guess I'm the only one who likes Palmer and her voice in particular....Jennifer Hale makes every character sounds sooo good~~

Her personality aside, her acting/mo-cap is pretty good, too. I though it translates pretty well to portraying her as a capable and indeed badass military leader. That said, Lasky isn't bad either, and I'm liking the camaraderie between those two.

Tags
halo 4, sierra 117