AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2007-08-11, 18:39   Link #141
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

This is a scene 64 Cognates' Raphaela question...

If Raphaela
Spoiler for scene 64 ending:

2) If Teresa's blood is in Clare, then does this mean that if/when Clare awakens, what we will see is Teresa's actual Awakened form?
Old 2007-08-12, 07:49   Link #142
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
Quote:
Originally Posted by NibelungTaisa View Post
how reliable would this information be? does this mean that claymore will start to be released 1 chapter every week or will it still run 1 chapter per month in weekly shonen jump?
The information on Wiki is correct. The only problem is the misunderstanding of what Weekly Shonen is. Weekly Shonen showcase many different stories every week. It just so happens that for the next few months it will showcase Claymore every month. The Magazine will be out every week but not every story that is showcase come out every week.

I know this has been answer few time and I am sure the FAQ would have it.

Quote:
2) If Teresa's blood is in Clare, then does this mean that if/when Clare awakens, what we will see is Teresa's actual Awakened form?
I don't think there is any proof that such a thing would happen. I don't think the individual has any real control how form will be.
dxanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 18:15   Link #143
Flora20709
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Flora20709 Send a message via Yahoo to Flora20709
Was There Ever a Claymore Fan Poll
Flora20709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 11:16   Link #144
zato_1one

Yeah. I also doubt that. An official character voting in manga just like other series like bleach and D.Gray man. I thought that Claymore might also has one.

From one of the Claymore doujin, it said that "A Present to the 23 Uma-fans of the whole country (Japan)" Thanks Riful for translation! If it's true then I want to know who is in the top five?
Old 2007-08-16, 16:29   Link #145
myopius

What are the differences between the Claymore manga & anime up through episode 19? I just started reading the manga in volume 10 and
Spoiler for manga:

The only difference I've so far been made aware of, that occurs before episode 19, is
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2007-08-16, 16:52   Link #146
Seska

Sorry, but to tell you the difference between Manga and Anime, well how i should put this...

It's Spoiling at it best. And i don't wanna steal others the curiosity...
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 17:03   Link #147
myopius

I'm switching to reading the manga. It's not spoiling the anime for me because there is no more anime for me. Finding out any differences between the manga and anime from someone who has read and seen them lets me avoid confusion without having to spend several hours looking over the 10 previous volumes.

I'm not the first person to be spoiled in this thread. Also, asking about the slight differences between episodes 1-19 and volumes 1-10c55 is far from the largest spoiler I've seen requested in this thread. Of course, I'm expecting the answer to be put in spoiler tags.... Edit: And I hope this question won't be further put off if someone tells me I'm just impatient for the episode 20 sub, I'm switching to the manga for a variety of reasons. =\
Old 2007-08-16, 20:23   Link #148
hamstar
just passing by

anyone have any ideas what exactly is on the claymore's tummy?

In vol 3 teresa avoided gang rape because they were too grossed out by what she had on her tummy....what was it? It's killing me.

Feel free to speculate.
hamstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 23:49   Link #149
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post

In vol 3 teresa avoided gang rape because they were too grossed out by what she had on her tummy....what was it? It's killing me.

Feel free to speculate.

Nobody knows the answer for certain. Nobody is even certain if the grotesquerie is on Theresa's stomach or between her breasts. Nobody even knows if this disfigurement was particular to Theresa or if it also affects other Claymores.

No speculation is allowed in this thread. Speculation about this subject can be found in The biology of Claymores.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 01:17   Link #150
myopius

Spoiler for Anime:
Old 2007-08-17, 02:34   Link #151
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
Spoiler for Anime:
I understand your desire to hear a specific list of all differences between the anime and the manga, but I really don't think that this thread is the best place for it since any list I attempt is likely to leave something out and someone will correct it and then there will be a whole lot of discussion on the subject. There have been a lot of little things and one or two interesting things which will be utterly ruined if they are explained instead of you actually reading those volumes of manga for yourself. I'd suggest that you don't just skip volumes 1-9 because you watched the anime. I agree with Seska 100% about this.

If you really want an answer to this question please ask in the manga discussion thread or the anime spoiler venting thread. I'd recommend the anime spoiler venting thread since it is much less spoilerific.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 06:28   Link #152
Riful
Of The West

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
From one of the Claymore doujin, it said that "A Present to the 23 Uma-fans of the whole country (Japan)" Thanks Riful for translation! If it's true then I want to know who is in the top five?
That statement might be refering to some mixi fan-community as well. Some characters have their own in there. I haven't seen an official fan poll yet ...
Riful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 15:20   Link #153
Seska

Is there any Info about the DVDs getting to US or even Europe?

I saw already 2 DVD releases out in the World Wide Web... Has someone more Infos? Onegai
Is there any change to grab some Japan/Nippon only DVDs in Düsseldorf "little Tokyo"?

Last edited by Seska; 2007-08-17 at 15:35.
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 15:28   Link #154
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska View Post
Is there any Info about the DVDs getting to US or even Europe?

I saw already 2 DVD releases out in the World Wide Web... Has someone more Infos? Onegai
What exactly are on those Eclipse DVd''s 1 & 2? I heard the quality is excellent...
Old 2007-08-19, 00:50   Link #155
Zero system

Spoiler for Extra scene 1:
Zero system is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 11:20   Link #156
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero system View Post
Is this a scene from the anime or from the manga? And when was it shown?
bahamut zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 13:57   Link #157
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
Is this a scene from the anime or from the manga? And when was it shown?
It was a scene from EXTRA SCENE # 1...manga, of course that was released in July 2007.

Quote:

Spoiler for reply:
Old 2007-08-20, 12:10   Link #158
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post

Feel free to speculate.
All i can speculate is, probably the Organization - in the hybridization process - cut open the tummy of the girls, insert youma flesh and blood inside, and then close the wound. So every Claymore has a big scar in the chest, maybe from the belly to the breasts.

Considerating youma and human flesh are not exactly compatible, probably the local where the youma flesh was inserted is the area affected by mutation the most... like that part is already "awaked". So i believe around the wound the skin looks like a pulsating wound opened, with an unnatural color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodlou View Post
It was a scene from EXTRA SCENE # 1...manga, of course that was released in July 2007.

Spoiler for reply:
And don't forget...

Spoiler:
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 18:38   Link #159
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
All i can speculate is, probably the Organization - in the hybridization process - cut open the tummy of the girls, insert youma flesh and blood inside, and then close the wound. So every Claymore has a big scar in the chest, maybe from the belly to the breasts.

Considerating youma and human flesh are not exactly compatible, probably the local where the youma flesh was inserted is the area affected by mutation the most... like that part is already "awaked". So i believe around the wound the skin looks like a pulsating wound opened, with an unnatural color.

And don't forget...

Spoiler:
Spoiler for reply to PG about Teresa:
Old 2007-08-22, 12:09   Link #160
Cococokie

Is there any place i can email to say thanks for releasing ep 21 much faster as amendment for ep 20's delay, other than mirc?
Cococokie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
claymore, q & a