AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 47 22.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 13.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 47 22.27%
7 out of 10 : Good 38 18.01%
6 out of 10 : Average 25 11.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 8 3.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.42%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 1.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.47%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 4.27%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-11, 15:12   Link #41
Kazidoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
This is not BERSERK or any other shounen series based in the usual 'protagonist searching for reveange' plot.
Okay, that's even more WTF than the pictures. But on topic, this development is certainly surprising...
Spoiler for it seems that:
Old 2007-09-11, 15:14   Link #42
Commissar
Thought Policeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankel View Post
Wrex has posted more screencaps in his blog and all I can say is NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! WTF!!!!
Spoiler for What are they thinking:
Read the captions below the images. There is a reason why and if you read the manga, then you already know why without looking at the captions.
Old 2007-09-11, 15:17   Link #43
Sakuya
*Artist

Wow, seems like an exciting episode, can't wait to see it. But it seems from Wrex's screencaps that it will have another huge cliffhanger. Can't wait for next week.
Old 2007-09-11, 15:21   Link #44
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissar View Post
Read the captions below the images. There is a reason why and if you read the manga, then you already know why without looking at the captions.
I know, for a moment there I thought that the worst could happen.
Old 2007-09-11, 15:25   Link #45
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazidoom View Post
Okay, that's even more WTF than the pictures.
What i mean is such series are not very alike. Since the beggining Claymore was suposed to be another shounen series about reveange, but had so much plot twists and surprises, it's not just about reveange anymore.

And as far i can tell, at least in Claymore the search for reveange is allways leading to something bad. Priscilla tried and became a monster; Ophelia tried and became a monster; and now Clare is becoming a monster, too. Actually, if we think about it, if was not Raki and Galatea saving her in earlier episodes, she had became a monster a long time ago.

Forgiveness is the path to salvation, specially if you have a nasty devil inside you, just waiting the chance to take controll...
Old 2007-09-11, 15:34   Link #46
mercury lampe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazidoom View Post
Okay, that's even more WTF than the pictures. But on topic, this development is certainly surprising...
Spoiler for it seems that:
If the plot continues the way you pointed it'll be simple amazing en terms of change of the events. More than that, if the roles of the main character and the main antagonist are changed like that, I won't know what I'll have to think: Madhouse has killed the manga completely? or has presented de story in a very personal and (equally) amazing form?
Old 2007-09-11, 15:46   Link #47
servidor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
What i mean is such series are not very alike. Since the beggining Claymore was suposed to be another shounen series about reveange, but had so much plot twists and surprises, it's not just about reveange anymore.

And as far i can tell, at least in Claymore the search for reveange is allways leading to something bad. Priscilla tried and became a monster; Ophelia tried and became a monster; and now Clare is becoming a monster, too. Actually, if we think about it, if was not Raki and Galatea saving her in earlier episodes, she had became a monster a long time ago.

Forgiveness is the path to salvation, specially if you have a nasty devil inside you, just waiting the chance to take controll...
Forgiveness is a difficult path, maybe because of this, Raki will become the key character for Clare's salvation.
Old 2007-09-11, 15:49   Link #48
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

I have a good feeling about new surprises... I read the manga, and super changes make my enthusiasm explode.
Old 2007-09-11, 15:57   Link #49
Commissar
Thought Policeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury lampe View Post
If the plot continues the way you pointed it'll be simple amazing en terms of change of the events. More than that, if the roles of the main character and the main antagonist are changed like that, I won't know what I'll have to think: Madhouse has killed the manga completely? or has presented de story in a very personal and (equally) amazing form?
Probably a good reason to wait and see what Madhouse does rather than scream and piss vinegar before we actually see how the last episodes end up. Of course if it ends up sucking, then piss away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by servidor View Post
Forgiveness is a difficult path, maybe because of this, Raki will become the key character for Clare's salvation.
Yeah, this will probably be what happens. If Raki is going to do anything, other than cry and lament about his 'impotence', then it will be as Clare's anchor to her own humanity. Raki is never going to be able to protect Clare physically. He could be an uber warrior and still be no match for any yoma much less AB, but he cares about Clare a great deal and vice versa. It's in this aspect that Raki can actually 'protect' Clare and save her.

I'm really curious how this will all play out with Pris in the mix. Pris herself has an attachment to Raki. Raki realizes that what happened to Pris could easily happen to Clare. I'm betting he'll be willing to die to prevent that from happening (which of course would make all the Raki-haters rejoice).
Old 2007-09-11, 16:12   Link #50
USCPharmacist

ALL I CAN SAY IS....CLARE SEEMS TO HAS THE HIGHER GROUND LOL EHEHE

anyway joking aside, I want to see some god damn fight damn it, stop draging on the plot and give us some hard core super saiyan...I meant abyssal one fight !!!! Screw the story, it has already awaken and there is no turning back, just give us TERESA + CLARE vs. Priscilla round 2 and I'll be happy.
Old 2007-09-11, 16:13   Link #51
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissar View Post
If Raki is going to do anything, other than cry and lament about his 'impotence', then it will be as Clare's anchor to her own humanity. Raki is never going to be able to protect Clare physically. He could be an uber warrior and still be no match for any yoma much less AB, but he cares about Clare a great deal and vice versa. It's in this aspect that Raki can actually 'protect' Clare and save her.

I'm really curious how this will all play out with Pris in the mix. Pris herself has an attachment to Raki. Raki realizes that what happened to Pris could easily happen to Clare. I'm betting he'll be willing to die to prevent that from happening (which of course would make all the Raki-haters rejoice).

Yeah. So far, Raki is the only one who can touch the heart and humanity of both, Clare and Priscilla.

The bad thing is, he will need to travel to the far place of battle yet again.
Old 2007-09-11, 16:15   Link #52
redmeat

I hope it doesn't end with another moral lesson

Looking at the screen captures, it would be great if
Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-11, 16:15   Link #53
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

Here's a spoiler for all the manga fanatics
Spoiler for it's:
Old 2007-09-11, 16:18   Link #54
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbat® View Post
Here's a spoiler for all the manga fanatics
Spoiler for it's:
DAMMIT! I would have gotten away with it if it weren´t for those DAMM pictars. Not as planned.
Old 2007-09-11, 16:18   Link #55
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury lampe View Post
I think the last one.... Don't you see dear Manga readers... you are curious too now, to want to see how its going on ... What good for is it, if they follow straight the manga? Yes, no surprises and for Manga readers boring... But so Madhouse turn the tides... Enjoy the start for the final battle....

And, try to hold your Horses... Don't repeat the Thread of Episode 23, Onegai.

Keep your Human Side up, don't let your Spoiler ego take control
Or if you cant controll it, try to force to think yourself, What will Mr. Spock do? ,yes, the one from Star Trek Classics....

Seska aka Germanguy

Last edited by Seska; 2007-09-11 at 16:48.
Old 2007-09-11, 16:28   Link #56
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
I just finish watching this episode couple minute ago and damn this good episode. Why must all episode be cliffhanger. I want next week episode NOW!!!
Old 2007-09-11, 16:41   Link #57
Rehwyn

You know how when people see a car crash on the side of the road and everyone kinda slows down and stares as they drive past to see how bad it is? I get the feeling that some manga readers are interested in watching these episodes for the same basic reason.

Personally, I'm reserving my judgment until after the whole anime series is complete. I really liked how the manga handled this particular section of the story, but understand why it's being changed in the anime.

Anyways, the episode looks promising from the screencaps. I think I'm going to wait for the sub instead of going straight for the raw though, since it seems I won't be able to infer what the characters are saying based on what they say in the manga.
Old 2007-09-11, 16:51   Link #58
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Wuhaaahahahaaa~ I thought that something like this would have happened. Priscilla's powered up but for a slightly different reason than my inital predictions. Seems that she's still deathly afraid of Teresa's lingering presence and now that she's sensing the 1/10th that was used on her...

Clare vs Priscilla!!! Da winnah getz ze Raki.! XD This is for the record books! Muhammad Ali vs Mike Tyson yo! Don King couldn't rig up a match THIS anticipating!

As for Simba...He has finally rejoined the Great Circle of Life...
Old 2007-09-11, 16:55   Link #59
Commissar
Thought Policeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post

Clare vs Priscilla!!! Da winnah getz ze Raki.! XD This is for the record books! Muhammad Ali vs Mike Tyson yo! Don King couldn't rig up a match THIS anticipating!
I'll say it before the Raki-haters do: The only fair solution is the King Solomon answer. Split Raki in two and give one half to Clare and the other half to Pris. Everyone happy.
Old 2007-09-11, 16:59   Link #60
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

No! The only fair solution is the harem-esque answer. He can live with Clare and Priscilla! And Helen, and Miria, and Deneve, and...

A big happy family!!
Closed Thread