AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-12, 11:17   Link #681
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Eh he's just playing that stereotypical role of a harem lead being dense as a brick and just about as boring...Seems like he's just kinda "Going with the flow" and hasn't really given much though to the wants and expectations of the girl he agreed to go out with...

So lets not call him a "dick"...How about '"irresponsible prick".

Oh well atleast he shows some interest when robots are mentioned...Since they've pushed that angle so much he should just go and be with Amakase since he's just ever so slowly breaking koko's heart anyway with the insensitivity bit...

Either way go subs...Had almost forgotten all about this show considering the flow of new stuff this week.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 17:22   Link #682
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Eh he's just playing that stereotypical role of a harem lead being dense as a brick and just about as boring...Seems like he's just kinda "Going with the flow" and hasn't really given much though to the wants and expectations of the girl he agreed to go out with...

So lets not call him a "dick"...How about '"irresponsible prick".

Oh well atleast he shows some interest when robots are mentioned...Since they've pushed that angle so much he should just go and be with Amakase since he's just ever so slowly breaking koko's heart anyway with the insensitivity bit...

Either way go subs...Had almost forgotten all about this show considering the flow of new stuff this week.
It's a bit like To Heart: RMM, now that I think of it, with the whole relationship being tested by a well-meaning robot girl. The difference between this and that
Spoiler for ToHeart: RMM:
I'm really not sure the same thing will happen here... and I'm really not sure it's healthy for the same thing to happen here. It's better to have loved and lost than etc etc.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 13:50   Link #683
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Yay for triple sub release...Booo to most of the three sucking.

I really enjoy koko's moments but the whole robot thing is just getting tiring. The most tiring thing about these past three episodes absolutely had to be the class rep. She has the absolute most asinine reasons to be a bitch I can't believe noone called her out on it...

So a mob of irrational humans drive your father into a corner and you somehow turn that into being robots are responsible for everything? Riiight...Real wonderful to have so much misplaced anger and spit on your fathers biggest remaining legacy in one fell swoop...

I guess if that car had killed her brother she'd start blaming all the cars of the world too right...

Bleh here's hoping they can atleast squeeze in alittle more time for the half decent characters of the show in the end...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

Old 2008-01-14, 14:10   Link #684
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
It's a bit like To Heart: RMM, now that I think of it, with the whole relationship being tested by a well-meaning robot girl. The difference between this and that
Spoiler for ToHeart: RMM:
I'm really not sure the same thing will happen here... and I'm really not sure it's healthy for the same thing to happen here. It's better to have loved and lost than etc etc.
Having watched TH:RMM ... yeah this ride has had a fair amount of deja vu even allowing for the differences.
Old 2008-01-14, 15:29   Link #685
killbethy

simple question... is this series really worth watching?

i generally like most of the anime that's out there, except for things that are completely miserable to watch (I"s, etc.). i noticed this was a harem anime... i love CLANNAD, Kanon ~2006~, etc., didn't like Da Capo ~second session~. i hope that explains a bit. basically, is there a lot of character development, good animation and unique story telling or is it just your run-of-the-mill guy thrown into a situation with a ton of girls (and the only motivation to watch is to see who he picks, if any one).

Last edited by killbethy; 2008-01-14 at 21:13.
killbethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 16:24   Link #686
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Impossible to answer since we don't know your tastes. It isn't complete so one really can't quite assess how well it executes the drama or romance. I think its been fairly interesting and holds up against the season's competition ... is it a "classic"? Hard to say yet.
Old 2008-01-14, 21:13   Link #687
killbethy

i generally like most of the anime that's out there, except for things that are completely miserable to watch (I"s, etc.). i noticed this was a harem anime... i love CLANNAD, Kanon ~2006~, etc., didn't like Da Capo ~second session~. i hope that explains a bit. basically, is there a lot of character development, good animation and unique story telling or is it just your run-of-the-mill guy thrown into a situation with a ton of girls (and the only motivation to watch is to see who he picks, if any one).
killbethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 21:44   Link #688
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by killbethy View Post
That still doesn't help narrow it down much, and, as Vexx said, we can't really give a full answer because the show is only half-done (the second half starts in April). It has some things in common with all of the shows you mentioned on both the "like" and "dislike" sides. The first half had a lot of character development, but as evidence by the thread, some didn't like the way things turned out (so far). I have no idea if your only motivation in watching the show would be to see who he picks or not (since that is part of the story, but certainly not all of it). But then, I wouldn't classify any of these shows as "harem" to begin with, so really, who knows...

Just watch a few episodes and decide for yourself. That's really the only safe thing to do. There's no point in letting other people decide what you'll like, because they're frequently wrong anyway (I like a lot of things that a lot of other people hate, not limited, of course, to this very show!).
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 01:19   Link #689
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by killbethy View Post
As others have said: better to watch a few episodes and decide for yourself ... it all comes down to whether you like the characters or not. This isn't harem ...it isn't even a love triangle, but rather facing the problems of already established relationship. But if you want to force an answer out of me, i would say chances are you would not enjoy it that much. The show, while decent, isn't anything exceptional either. There isn't much in terms of character development (or in my case - the only character that undergoes actual development i couldn't care less about) and compared to the two Key male leads you listed, Yoshiyuki is your usual run of the mill male lead dense but kind to everyone, and the romance part of the show can be frustrating above everything else

In the end you will have to watch it in order to make a call ... though the series might be a bit misleading in its focus regarding to what it shows in the early eps.
Old 2008-01-15, 11:01   Link #690
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Hey everyone. Sorry I'm diving back in like this like I am, but I've been out for a while. Has Jun'ichi showed up yet? There was a rumor that he would, but when I last got a chance to watch, he hadn't yet shown up.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 13:34   Link #691
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
He hasn't and doubt he would. (maybe in sakura's flashback somewhere next season but not this ^^).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 15:41   Link #692
ze Moose
Iä! Shub-Niggurath!
*Fansubber

Our recent DC II releases have had some problems which the now ex quality checker should have caught. Sorry about that, we will be doing a v2 for ep 12 as soon as possible.
ze Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 16:22   Link #693
Zippicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ze Moose View Post
Our recent DC II releases have had some problems which the now ex quality checker should have caught. Sorry about that, we will be doing a v2 for ep 12 as soon as possible.
Whatever it was it must not have been too bad, I didn't notice anything. Thanks for picking this up btw, I've been hoping someone would finish this series up.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 21:01   Link #694
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Yea im with zip...I didn't really notice any flaws at all. *shrug*

Is sad to have missed all of everyone's dicussings though...*crosses fingers to be able to keep up with the raw people next time around*

That is...

Old 2008-01-15, 21:32   Link #695
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Minatsu clearly had a hand in the split up of Koko and yoshiyuki so perhaps that is why people dislike her
But seriously, if they are both incompatible in the first place then imo the result would have been the same if the story was going to sway that way to introduce new girls. It's just that minatsu acted as a catalyst to make the break up sooner rather than later (and perhaps more merciful ).
Also, yoshiyuki got in the relationship with Koko because she used an unfair weapon. Crying after confesing is basicaly unfair. He didn't say no and she already was crying, He NEVER said he liked her once during the whole time they were together. Still , I also agree that Minatsu made them part ways faster that it normaly would have happened, which was a good thing because Koko was the one that did the breaking up.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 21:54   Link #696
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
He NEVER said he liked her once during the whole time they were together.
It's funny how this is has never crossed my mind while watching the series. Though saying that, it's not like he needs to say it --- i'm sure he has some sort of feelings for her, it's just that they do not compare to how she feels for him.
Old 2008-01-15, 23:54   Link #697
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's funny how this is has never crossed my mind while watching the series. Though saying that, it's not like he needs to say it --- i'm sure he has some sort of feelings for her, it's just that they do not compare to how she feels for him.
Yeah, pretty much... he told us, the viewers, how he felt about her in the first episode, and we saw him getting closer to her (she's way more than "just some girl" to him), but it would have taken a while for him to catch up with her overwhelming feelings for him. I don't think they ever got to the point where he could have said that he loved her (and I think saying "I like you" is sort of obvious). As I said, in other circumstances, given more time...
Old 2008-01-16, 00:28   Link #698
CooKie D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Also, yoshiyuki got in the relationship with Koko because she used an unfair weapon. Crying after confesing is basicaly unfair. He didn't say no and she already was crying, He NEVER said he liked her once during the whole time they were together. Still , I also agree that Minatsu made them part ways faster that it normaly would have happened, which was a good thing because Koko was the one that did the breaking up.

Spoiler for poor development:

Here's hoping Yoshiyuki is the last of the extermely overused "dense but nice" male leads we get... better yet I hope he evolves to something better next season.

Here are a bunch of pics I found, guess who are my favorites

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p...ooxie/DC02.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p...xie/DC01-1.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p...dpooxie/DC.jpg

How do I thumbnail them, by the way?

Will post more later, my Internet's slowing down

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-01-16 at 01:20. Reason: No need to double post... (and converted images to links in absense of thumbnails)
CooKie D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 01:32   Link #699
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooKie D. View Post
Spoiler for poor development:
Spoiler for up to Episode 12:
Old 2008-01-16, 02:15   Link #700
CooKie D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Spoiler for up to Episode 12:
Spoiler for what I thought was wrong:

Hmmm, I think I'll check back on the thread... Maybe my questions have already been answered. I'd hate to sound like a broken record
No fun being late for discussion
CooKie D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, romance, school life, seinen