011 - 020: Awful... 1 1.25%
000 - 010: You'd rather be watching Beyblade... 1 1.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-05-27, 12:42   Link #21
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post

Additionally, was it just me or did the destruction seem a little...underwhelming compared to the manga (it was still good, just not great)...I think it was because the manga showed people in the streets right before and during the blast, so the destruction was more palpable (then again, maybe nothing could have lived up to my expectations). (It doesn't help that the particle animation (the animation for the debris and smoke) seemed a little shitty.)
i agree with you aswell that explosion sucked arse it was way too slow!! it should of been BANG OMFG WTF JUST HAPPENED!!!! debree should be flying really fast not that slowmotion crap they showed and what the hell happen to all the epic music when akatsuki fights??? like with Sasori and dont forget daideras fight that music kicked arse
Old 2010-05-27, 12:47   Link #22
neshru

I think the only problem with the shrinra tensei scene is that the animation sucked donkey balls. They gave it to some random mediocre animator while it should have been done by the best of the best. Imagine the guy that did Naruto turning into the Kyuubi in the previous OP doing the same scene.
I also didn't like how they cut to Sakura right away, they should have shown the devastation longer.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 12:50   Link #23
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
i agree with you aswell that explosion sucked arse it was way too slow!! it should of been BANG OMFG WTF JUST HAPPENED!!!! debree should be flying really fast not that slowmotion crap they showed and what the hell happen to all the epic music when akatsuki fights??? like with Sasori and dont forget daideras fight that music kicked arse
I think the lack of a background music was done to create a more dramatic effect.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 13:10   Link #24
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
I think the only problem with the shrinra tensei scene is that the animation sucked donkey balls. They gave it to some random mediocre animator while it should have been done by the best of the best. Imagine the guy that did Naruto turning into the Kyuubi in the previous OP doing the same scene.
I also didn't like how they cut to Sakura right away, they should have shown the devastation longer.
Wasn't it Team 1? They are not one of the top teams, but generally are okay. The preview for next week doesn't look that promising, which is a shame since it includes some of my favorite characters. This arc shouldn't suffer from this.

It would have been great if they could of gotten Hirofumi Suzuki to animate the shrinra tensei scene. He would have been wasted on the rest of the episode, where not much happened, but was needed just for that scene.

Quote:
Speaking of Voice Actors, was Tenten's (Yukari Tamura) always so annoying?
Yes. Tenten is one of the few characters whose English VA is infinitely superior to her Japanese VA. Danielle Judovits makes her sound like a normal 16 year old girl. Yukari Tamura makes her sound like a PMSing female Mickey Mouse.
Old 2010-05-27, 13:17   Link #25
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Wasn't it Team 1? They are not one of the top teams, but generally are okay.
The episode as a whole was good, but as I said, they needed one of the top animators to do that scene. But none of the Shippuuden top animators worked on this episode, they are too busy with the movie it seems
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 13:18   Link #26
naruske

Quote:
That being said, could Pain always fly? I thought in the manga he just jumped really high and then blasted the hell out of Konoha. But the anime clearly makes him slowly fly to whatever altitude he needs to be at before unleashing his ultimate attack.

Also, I didn't like how Naruto was clearly shown at the end of the episode. Part of the fun of the manga chapter was just seeing a Gamabunta size plume of smoke appear within the Crater...I mean Konoha, right before the chapter ended, and then seeing Naruto in all his glory at the start of the next chapter.

Additionally, was it just me or did the destruction seem a little...underwhelming compared to the manga (it was still good, just not great)...I think it was because the manga showed people in the streets right before and during the blast, so the destruction was more palpable (then again, maybe nothing could have lived up to my expectations). (It doesn't help that the particle animation (the animation for the debris and smoke) seemed a little shitty.)

Also, I hate that Naruto's Sage Mode "eyeliner" is still orange. That shits supposed to be red!
remember that he controls gravitation so it seems that he is flying but he's actually controlling the gravity
naruske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 13:27   Link #27
Arjento

Hey you guys!

I hope we don't get nonsence filler inbetween the Naruto Vs Pain fight (*rollseyes* Bleach).

Do the manga readers think we are getting the whole fight uninterrupted?
Arjento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 13:35   Link #28
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruske View Post
remember that he controls gravitation so it seems that he is flying but he's actually controlling the gravity
No he doesn't.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 13:36   Link #29
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjento View Post
Hey you guys!

I hope we don't get nonsence filler inbetween the Naruto Vs Pain fight (*rollseyes* Bleach).

Do the manga readers think we are getting the whole fight uninterrupted?
Of course we are, who would be dumb enough to launch fillers at this stage? Even Bleach doesn't launch fillers in the middle of someone's fight like this.
Besides we had fillers not so long ago and OP clearly indicates that there is more to come as well as the ED which is showing Hinata who still didn't appear. So no, this fight will end properly.

Besides Naruto anime in comparison to Bleach is not that close to manga material.
Old 2010-05-27, 14:42   Link #30
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

That was pretty epic. I love how the scenery just sort of clears out with the push. Nice touch using Jiraiya's music for Naruto's arrival.
Old 2010-05-27, 14:48   Link #31
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Some properties of that force are similar to gravity but others are similar to electromagnetic foces, overall it's different from any known natural force in our world.

Actually if we think about it, this strange force is much more like electromagnetic force than gravity. Gravity is a weak force, this is a strong force. Gravity does not repel things, while this does. Also gravity acts in an isotropic way: the same attractive force in all directions, as opposed to Pain's force that can also act in one direction only or even only on one object.

Chakra is like electromagnetism, inside a body it flows like electric current but it can be outside the body also as electromagnetic waves, as we see Pain's black rods are used as antennas. Even chakra can be transmitted on them to long distances, while today's top scientists are not able to transmit electromagnetic energy to more than a few centimeters distance
However chakra can be in interaction only with other chakra, but Pain can pull or push any object, a stone or other object does not have chakra. So it's not like the electromagnetic force.

However it seems that the chakra-force in the naruto world can even create matter. So it seems as if it is some kind of ultimate force, compared to the forces of our world it looks like the combination of electromagnetic, gravitational and nuclear forces. In theory such an all-in-one force existed in for s short time after the big bang before it separated into the 4 basic forces of our world

Or you can use Einstein's idea of gravity: the bodies are just following the spacetime curvature that is created by the gravitational forces. If Pain can manipulate the spacetime curvature as he wants he can create any form of local curvatures he wants, for example he creates a line between you and himself, so you are "falling" towards him insteaf of "falling" towards the earth That is an abnormal curvature that cannot be created by natural objects.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 14:53   Link #32
naruske

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
No he doesn't.
uh yea he does

according to wikinaruto

The Deva Path was held in higher regard during combat, some of the other bodies being sacrificed to ensure its survival. It has a wide variety of ninjutsu, the most prominent being able to manipulate gravity

just think about it though, if he's able to pull people towards him it's logical he can pull himself up
Old 2010-05-27, 15:11   Link #33
lotus_lee

Once again, I enjoyed this week's anime episode than the manga chapter. Hopefully it gets into action next week rather than some 'blah blah why you do this Pain etc.'.
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 15:17   Link #34
james0246

Quote:
uh yea he does

according to wikinaruto

The Deva Path was held in higher regard during combat, some of the other bodies being sacrificed to ensure its survival. It has a wide variety of ninjutsu, the most prominent being able to manipulate gravity
That's speculation, not fact. Kishimoto never said that Pain/Deva can control gravity, and until the next data book we will not know whether it is true or not. For all we know, Deva is simply a Jedi with amazing Force abilities.

Quote:
just think about it though, if he's able to pull people towards him it's logical he can pull himself up
No where in the manga did he show the ability to hover. It's one thing to push and pull, but it is another thing entirely to hover or slowly ascend...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 17:02   Link #35
Sbetsho

For me it is obvious that Pain uses his ability to control gravity to levitate and ascent. The way Pain lift off from the ground seemed like something pulled him up rather than jumping.
Sbetsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 17:02   Link #36
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Somehow, someway the manga version of Shinra Tensei seemed a bit edgier. Still, glad we got all the nonsense out of the way and we are ready to get some real action
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 17:43   Link #37
EoT
~~

One of the best episodes I've seen since the Deidara fight (as in his explosion)

Loved the suspense to Shinra Tensei but didn't quite get the excitement when naruto arrived. Seemed more epic in the opening if you ask me

But as everyone has said the OST is definitely lacking.
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 17:52   Link #38
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
uh yea he does
Quote:
That's speculation, not fact. Kishimoto never said that Pain/Deva can control gravity, and until the next data book we will not know whether it is true or not. For all we know, Deva is simply a Jedi with amazing Force abilities.
It's not even speculation, it's just plain wrong.
Pain cannot control gravity, he has no control over it whatsoever. What he does possess is the ability to manipulate his chakra in such a way that he can create powerful attractive and repulsive forces in short burst every 5 seconds.

Quote:
It's not logical at all, Pain can't use his power continually, Kakashi sacrified his life so Konoha learned this, his jutsu allows him to pull or repulse things all around him woth a 5s cooldown.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 19:29   Link #39
Alchemist007
*Author

Heh, would've been cool to see him use Shina Tensei to push off the ground to get that high, then use that massive one. This ep happened as much as I thought it would, epically. But yeah, Naruto needs dat red eyeliner!
Old 2010-05-27, 21:34   Link #40
naruske

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
It's not even speculation, it's just plain wrong.
Pain cannot control gravity, he has no control over it whatsoever. What he does possess is the ability to manipulate his chakra in such a way that he can create powerful attractive and repulsive forces in short burst every 5 seconds.

It's not logical at all, Pain can't use his power continually, Kakashi sacrified his life so Konoha learned this, his jutsu allows him to pull or repulse things all around him woth a 5s cooldown.
That's another way of saying he manipulates gravity to some extent. And as the ever great Kakashi states, "he has the ability to pull and push things from his center. It seems he controls gravity and repulsion forces" so he's manipulating his own forces

and it's not how long he can use it, it's how long it takes for him to use it again.

Tags
weekly episode discussion