AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-06-30, 08:13   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Chapter 500 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---
Chapter Status: spoiler out...

Quote:
-Lots of info...

-Hashirama's wife, named Mito, was the 1st Kyuubi Jinchuuriki, Kushina became the next, and Naruto the 3rd.

-Mito was from Whirlpool and she was an Uzumaki...

-Whirlpool and Konoha have an extremely close relationship, with Konoha actually using part of the Whirlpool symbol as the Villages symbol (as seen on their head bands, etc)...

-Kushina became a Jichuuriki because the people of Whirlpool were well known for their sealing techniques and special chakra...this is also why the village was eventually destroyed? Additionally, Kushina was sent to Konoha specifically to become the Kyuubi Jinchuuriki...

-Skip ahead to Naruto's birth (which was kept secret)...

-Sarutobi has Mianto and Kushina exit the village to ensure that if the Kyuubi escapes, it will not escape inside of Konoha. With Kushina and Minato, Sarutboi sends his wife (Biwako?) to help in the delivery.

-Once there, a special kekkai barrier is put up to ensure extra protection. ANBU guards are also stationed around the barrier.

-During the birth, the Kyuubi almost escapes, but Minato keeps the beast in check.

-As Naruto is born, and before Kushina can assert complete control over the beast, a masked stranger appears, defeats the ANBU guards, and manages to capture Naruto. He then demands that Minato release the Kyuubi or he will kill baby Naruto.

-additionally, Mikoto does not meet up with Kushina. Rather, while exiting the village, the convoy crosses paths with Mikoto......

Last edited by james0246; 2010-06-30 at 14:23.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 08:38   Link #2
SeanQ

Madara...a baby snatcher...?
Old 2010-06-30, 08:56   Link #3
Alchemist007
*Author

Why was his birth a secret?...WAS HE THAT MUCH OF A MONSTER?!
Madara: "NO SEAL FOR YOU"
*Kyuubi rampage*
Old 2010-06-30, 09:04   Link #4
james0246

^Naruto's birth was secret due to Minato's enemies...
Old 2010-06-30, 10:16   Link #5
liltrey321
Gundamhead

yeaaaaah, Madara the baby snatcher
liltrey321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 10:20   Link #6
Nite-Wing

So Sasuke and Naruto's mom were BFF but when Kushina died she still didn't take care of him. Gotta luv the Uchiha they have principles and wtf Kishi why have we not seen Sakura's parents yet. Poor Sakura forever she will be useless
Old 2010-06-30, 10:27   Link #7
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
So Sasuke and Naruto's mom were BFF but when Kushina died she still didn't take care of him. Gotta luv the Uchiha they have principles and wtf Kishi why have we not seen Sakura's parents yet. Poor Sakura forever she will be useless
Sakura was conceived by a giant pink furball and a forehead monster. After Sakura was born they were both killed.

But Mikoto and Kushina being BFFs just brings up more questions, why didn't Sasuke and Naruto meet until the academy, why didn't she adopt Naruto.

Also who wants to bet Kushina is related to Mito? Which explains Naruto's side in the whole Uchiha vs Senju.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 10:33   Link #8
Nite-Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Sakura was conceived by a giant pink furball and a forehead monster. After Sakura was born they were both killed.

But Mikoto and Kushina being BFFs just brings up more questions, why didn't Sasuke and Naruto meet until the academy, why didn't she adopt Naruto.

Also who wants to bet Kushina is related to Mito? Which explains Naruto's side in the whole Uchiha vs Senju.
They met before that it just wasn't emphasized
Naruto started gravitating towards sasuke after the massacre and you could have called them acquaintances at that point.
She didn't adopt Naruto though and neither did Jiraiya which makes both of them shitty god parents.
Old 2010-06-30, 10:34   Link #9
james0246

^If Naruto's grandmother is Mito, then I'm going to deliver a big "Fuck You" to Tsunade for not taking care of her cousin's (Kushina's) kid. It was already bad enough that Naruto's godfather abandoned him (hell, Mikoto is probably his godmother who also abandoned him), but to know that he had an actual living relative abandon him, well that's enough to release the Kyuubi all over again...

So, suffice to say, I hope Mito and Kushina are not related...
Old 2010-06-30, 10:45   Link #10
lotus_lee

So if pregnancy is a big problem for Jinchurikis due to seals worsening and eventually breaking, then why not just make pick males?
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 10:51   Link #11
james0246

^It'll probably turn out that a male Jinchuuriki cannot have sex without almost releasing the demon...

Last edited by james0246; 2010-06-30 at 11:12.
Old 2010-06-30, 10:56   Link #12
Kafriel
Senior Guest

And then you got the scenario of "My Balls" unfolding for every jinchuuriki....damn that would be hilarious!
From all those spoilers, I held down two things: 1) Women's existence revolves around babies, and 2) Madara is da baby snatcher!!!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 11:17   Link #13
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^If Naruto's grandmother is Mito, then I'm going to deliver a big "Fuck You" to Tsunade for not taking care of her cousin's (Kushina's) kid. It was already bad enough that Naruto's godfather abandoned him (hell, Mikoto is probably his godmother who also abandoned him), but to know that he had an actual living relative abandon him, well that's enough to release the Kyuubi all over again...

Tsunade had probably left Konoha for years and Mikoto had been rounded up into the Uchiha ghetto, you think they would have given her the Kyubi Jinchuuriki whereas they already thought the Uchiha were the ones responsible for the Kyubi incident in the first place?
Jiraiya did nothing for his godson and all the villagers acted toward Naruto like degenerate mongrels but Tsunade and Mikoto had nothing to do with it really.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 11:18   Link #14
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
They are according to the more detailed spoilers. Mito was an Uzumaki. It is apparently customary that Uzumaki women become jinchuriki. Kushina said she was going to marry a Hokage like Mito had done. The Uzumaki and Senju are distantly related by blood. Somewhere Neji is hanging himself after Kishi added all this.

The other important thing is that the Whirlpool Country had close ties to Konoha.The mark on the back of Konoha ninja comes from the Whirlpool Country and is a sign of friendship.
Spoiler for Konoha vest:

Kushina also taught Minato sealing jutsu.
Old 2010-06-30, 11:39   Link #15
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Tsunade had probably left Konoha for years and Mikoto had been rounded up into the Uchiha ghetto, you think they would have given her the Kyubi Jinchuuriki whereas they already thought the Uchiha were the ones responsible for the Kyubi incident in the first place?
Jiraiya did nothing for his godson and all the villagers acted toward Naruto like degenerate mongrels but Tsunade and Mikoto had nothing to do with it really.
Tsunade obviously knew of the birth Naruto (what with her knowing who he was 350 chapter ago when they first met), and she knew who Kushina was as well as their connection (unless Tsunade knew absolutely nothing about her Aunt's family or the creation of Konoha, or really anything socio-political that has ever happened (it seems Tsunade did not know that Kushina was the Kyuubi, though)), so it stands to reason that she would know how Naruto was related to her (it's not a relationship through the Senjuu line, but the Uzumaki line). Additionally, it is common knowledge how Jinchuuriki are treated. So, in conclusion, Tsunade is a bitch.

Your right though, Mikoto does have the excuse of being persecuted for being an Uchiha, so her bitch status is demoted...
Old 2010-06-30, 12:04   Link #16
liltrey321
Gundamhead

It does seem awkward that J man and Tsunade both left Naruto alone for that long despite being a real relative and the God father. It makes it seem like this wasn't that well thought out. I kind of don't like Kishi using this to make Naruto related to the senju so that it would be a destined battle by blood between him and Sasuke. I liked Madara's approach that Naruto just has the will of fire and that will come into conflict with the hatred of the Uchiha. Umm in the end when Sasuke and Naruto fight it will be the end of the long feud between the sages younger brother and older and the world can finally be at peace yadadadada.
liltrey321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 12:08   Link #17
Nite-Wing

Quote:

Your right though, Mikoto does have the excuse of being persecuted for being an Uchiha, so her bitch status is demoted...
Unless I see Konoha literally take Naruto out of Mikoto's care she is still a bad Godmother however you spin it she should have been taking care of naruto if Kushina was her best friend.
Old 2010-06-30, 12:14   Link #18
Rahan

So I was right the Whirlpool country was unexploited.

Kishi gave Naruto parents. A badass normal (who couldn't be a senju since his trait is being normal ... but badass) and a foreign mother (who couldn't be a senju either)
Then he created the Uchiha / Senju storyline. He needed Naruto to be a senju, but how ?

Kishi's answer : "Simple let's say the Uzumaki are not the senjus, but just like the senjus (and if I am lucky, no one will notice Tsunade is also an Uzumaki descendant, yet she didn't get anything from that EITHER)".

And apparently, the whirlpool has been "casually" destroyed, so all potential is lost here too. I was expecting a semi-important storyline here.
After all, Kishi mentioned another destroyed village when he showed up Danzou's sharingan for the first time, I thought there would be something going on with all those destroyed villages, but it looks like not.

I stopped liking Kushina when she said she wanted to be "hokage wife".
Seriously, Kishi, how low can you go. What kind of ambition is that. Not even Hinata would say something that bad.

And finally, I guessed it was too much to ask of Kishi to not involve Sasuke in the event that shaped Naruto's life.
But then, Kishi couldn't have done it duller even if it tried to (Kushina was the jin. When she gives birth, the seal crumbles. Then Madara takes the fox and attack. I can't believe we needed 500 chapters for that) so I guess Sasuke being there spices things a little.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 12:17   Link #19
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
Unless I see Konoha literally take Naruto out of Mikoto's care she is still a bad Godmother however you spin it she should have been taking care of naruto if Kushina was her best friend.
you see after the 9tails incident... they blamed uchihas for it.... and since naruto was the new container of 9tails...konoha people mostly looked and made sure that naruto doesnt get close to uchihas...

so its not that Mikoto was bad friend of Kushina at the end... but mostly becouse she felt responsible for Kusihnas death as she died becosue of one of her clan members (madara).... simply she was uchiha and so she was not allowed to be around naruto as people feared that another act of uchiha would free the 9tails...

still I can see that naruto will talk about this with sasuke... how their moms were good friends... and how mikoto was there as naruto was born..... the same he would tell what madara done to both of them...... naruto lost parents... while sasuke's clan becouse of madara was put in outskirts of konoha.... and further plans of madara made death of all uchihas....

as for uzumaki family clan.... well they are distant relatives of senju by blood... uzumakis got good sealing techs...and special chakras.... so maybe the special uzumaki blood awakened in naruto when he absorbed the 9tails... we see lots of "swirls" on naruto..... so mostly this is one of those special sealing techs of that family tree passed down by blood

still we have to learn what is so special in that chakra.... the same her line that she wanted to be hokages wife... well in those age it was still the "arranged marriage" and since the first jin was 1st wife (miko/mito) she was fated to be the same way... as the jin points the hokages strenght... so like bee was made a jin becouse he was current raikages brother.... the same kushina would had to marry the next hokage as its part of her fate.... but since minato has becomed a hokage (I guess for her sake too ^^) she was happy... as she can fullify the fate part... and be with the person she loves ^^
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 12:24   Link #20
janipani

Hahaha it's just so lovely how illogical Narutoverse is. Kishi doesn't even try to make things in more realistic sense. Maybe settings were just way too screwed up from the beginning

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion