AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-06-27, 14:03   Link #41
Tenzen12

Well said, only thing that I could add that Fawlords descritption is inacurate anatomicaly too. Only person that was hit into face was youkai idol...
Old 2015-06-27, 14:33   Link #42
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndiezel View Post
Crippled this crippled that. I hate people like you the most, when you try to make exception for crippled people when they don't need your pity or don't even give a f*ck about their missing limbs (our case). Girl was saying that it was a mistake to save Saki after she remembered who she was and then said with explosive pride that she's her ex's girlfriend, Saki have all reasons to become irritated and girl was straight rude to stranger that she just met.
Sorry if I hurt you, but I didn't really try to show pity to disable people in general.

What I wanted to say was it's morally wrong for the ex-girlfriend to attack her savior out of jealousy just right after she's saved. No matter what Kotoko said or how she acted, the fact is she did save her, without her, the ex-girlfriend's dead for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Well said, only thing that I could add that Fawlords descritption is inacurate anatomicaly too. Only person that was hit into face was youkai idol...
Uhm, from the last page of chapter 2, it heavily implies that her face was hit, with the picture of a fist flying to her face...
Old 2015-06-27, 14:58   Link #43
Tenzen12

Nope, look properly. Well, If you wanna keep saying that, It's not my bussiness.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2015-06-27 at 15:14.
Tenzen12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-27, 20:08   Link #44
Velsy

I seriously dont get how yous can justify that for punching the girl in the face. Its not like there was any cheating or foul play going on to warrent it. He got his ass dumped by her, hes free for any girl to attempt to pick him up. Kotoko seriously asked him if he would date her before the time skip and it didnt seem like she was going to give up easily. Now she proudly speaks of the relationship and that justifies a punch in the face ? From the person who betrayed him and got her life saved just moments ago. I am getting the impression shes just a bitch, add on the lines when she was thinking his cousin should of died sooner... that was seriously more shocking.

I just dont see how thats justified. What am I missing ? btw, she actually got punched twice......

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-27, 21:25   Link #45
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I seriously dont get how yous can justify that for punching the girl in the face. Its not like there was any cheating or foul play going on to warrent it. He got his ass dumped by her, hes free for any girl to attempt to pick him up. Kotoko seriously asked him if he would date her before the time skip and it didnt seem like she was going to give up easily. Now she proudly speaks of the relationship and that justifies a punch in the face ? From the person who betrayed him and got her life saved just moments ago. I am getting the impression shes just a bitch, add on the lines when she was thinking his cousin should of died sooner... that was seriously more shocking.

I just dont see how thats justified. What am I missing ? btw, she actually got punched twice......
Well the first was more like a knock to the head but the second looked like a pretty serious punch.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-27, 22:47   Link #46
Tranhieu

Doesn't anyone here get the joke? This's a manga, people don't follow your normal logic, just like no real Japanese speaks the same language you often see in mangas, unless you seriously want a real punch to the face.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-29, 13:16   Link #47
novakai

Maybe a lot of people took It the wrong way but I am pretty sure the punch was more for comedic purpose than anything else
novakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-29, 13:30   Link #48
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakai View Post
Maybe a lot of people took It the wrong way but I am pretty sure the punch was more for comedic purpose than anything else
It definitely didn't look like a comedic punch, Saki popped some blood vessels so she was clearly angry/upset.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2015-06-29, 19:18   Link #49
Hiyono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
It definitely didn't look like a comedic punch, Saki popped some blood vessels so she was clearly angry/upset.
"Comedic punch" from the point of view of the story itself, not the character. I have to say I agree that it at least seemed comedic to me as well. I find all this talk about hitting cripples and whatnot rather blown out of proportion.
Old 2015-06-29, 20:53   Link #50
Xacual

Well yeah it was comedy from our viewpoint as readers to watch Saki get pissed and deck Kotoko but it definitely wasn't a "haha punch" from the characters' pov.

Old 2015-06-30, 09:33   Link #51
ndiezel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Well yeah it was comedy from our viewpoint as readers to watch Saki get pissed and deck Kotoko but it definitely wasn't a "haha punch" from the characters' pov.
Can you give an example of "haha punch" in anime and/or manga?
ndiezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-30, 12:01   Link #52
Xacual

No because I really don't feel like looking for something like that. I'm just saying it was a serious punch, Saki wasn't really messing around like she did with the head bonk a few pages earlier.

Old 2015-07-05, 09:44   Link #53
Fiir-chan
Living Slovenly~...

whats wrong with you people..

"I get it Kyousaru, you smoke weed everytime you do your art."
Fiir-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 00:51   Link #54
blarghas

Anyone who's reading the novel know about the update of relationship between Saki and Kurou? Since if she's closer to the detective then I won't bother reading this series anymore.
blarghas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 02:08   Link #55
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarghas View Post
Anyone who's reading the novel know about the update of relationship between Saki and Kurou? Since if she's closer to the detective then I won't bother reading this series anymore.
Ah. I too have mixed feelings about that!

I'm sort of mad the Author went and made me like Saki so much.

I feel like, if anyone, Kotoko would be the true pairing, and Saki probably will end up with the detective, but that makes me feel sort of bummed now.

I think Saki being with someone else wouldn't bother me if it was someone she actually liked though. I don't like her reasoning of "I'll date someone completely not my type, since that's what my ex did." At least date someone you like!
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 06:54   Link #56
Ladiusman

...seriously guys? Is there something wrong with a female character who wants to try dating again and with someone not the main character? And why not the detective dude? She's obviously known him for quite some time. This is starting to sound like one of those...*ahem* waifu things.

And here I thought people didn't like Saki because she broke up with Kurou over "small reasons" and punched Kotoko...ah well.

Besides, this Manga/Novel focuses more on youkai and mystery than who dates who anyways.

Last edited by Ladiusman; 2015-08-23 at 07:08.
Ladiusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 08:23   Link #57
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladiusman View Post
...seriously guys? Is there something wrong with a female character who wants to try dating again and with someone not the main character? And why not the detective dude? She's obviously known him for quite some time. This is starting to sound like one of those...*ahem* waifu things.

And here I thought people didn't like Saki because she broke up with Kurou over "small reasons" and punched Kotoko...ah well.

Besides, this Manga/Novel focuses more on youkai and mystery than who dates who anyways.
I myself have no problem with who Saki choose to lust after anyway, except for Kurou. She just can't compare with Kotoko. In fact, I think she and that gorilla actually make good couple.
Old 2015-08-23, 13:25   Link #58
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladiusman View Post
...seriously guys? Is there something wrong with a female character who wants to try dating again and with someone not the main character? And why not the detective dude? She's obviously known him for quite some time.
Indeed. And it isn't like the guy treats her like crap or is introverted or something; the detective actively talks to her about cases(with no romantic intents) and has treated her with respect and dignity. The guy deserves a chance if you ask me. Nothing wrong with trying to go out of your comfort zone either. Never know how bad/good something like that is until you try it.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 17:40   Link #59
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Indeed. And it isn't like the guy treats her like crap or is introverted or something; the detective actively talks to her about cases(with no romantic intents) and has treated her with respect and dignity. The guy deserves a chance if you ask me. Nothing wrong with trying to go out of your comfort zone either. Never know how bad/good something like that is until you try it.
Meh. He's a nice guy but... Dating someone you normally wouldn't date just to get over your ex is a good way to define a rebound. That's no good. You should date someone cause you actually like them. Not just because they're nice or to get over someone else.

If she does end up dating him, I hope she at least meets Kurou so that she can properly get over him and date the Detective with a cleaner slate.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 23:18   Link #60
Ladiusman

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Meh. He's a nice guy but... Dating someone you normally wouldn't date just to get over your ex is a good way to define a rebound. That's no good. You should date someone cause you actually like them. Not just because they're nice or to get over someone else.

If she does end up dating him, I hope she at least meets Kurou so that she can properly get over him and date the Detective with a cleaner slate.
Yeah, okay, because everyone totally starts dating the same way. So she shouldn't date him because he's "not her type" and "at least date someone you like?" Isn't that what dating is all about? Getting to know the other better? And it is really any of our business who people date regardless of the reasons? I can't help but feel this like what a fan of a celebrity who dates someone would say...

...and now I think I'm going nuts if I'm going this far over debating over a fictional characters or all things.

Regardless, remember that this is a shounen mystery manga and not a shoujo, so any romance is therefore secondary in focus.
Ladiusman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eccentric heroine, loli main heroine, supernatural