AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-04-29, 23:55   Link #41
Alchemist007
*Author

Well I'm glad he said what he felt even in the face of faking out the disease, much to his discomfort.
Old 2023-04-30, 03:23   Link #42
Lex79

I was ready for this to be one of those stories with no confession until the last episode, I'm glad I was wrong.
Old 2023-05-06, 14:09   Link #43
Frontier

Time for the Kuga Family Zoo Trip, Take Two! And with Shiori having that post-hookup glow, why not make a proper date out of it with Ichiro too ?

Pretty nice family outing with everyone together! Machi is so responsible and well-adjusted and Fumio is so cute and precocious. You can see why Ichiro adores his little siblings to bits, and Shiori feels the same way .

I don't know why, but my first thought about finding out there are animals on Shiori's island is they're all mutant hybrids .

That is probably the most hardcore guinea pig ever and Shiori tames it in two seconds. Can't knock the abilities of a princess .

Figures a Shojo manga fanatic would realize why zoo dates are so popular in the genre after experience it for herself .

A lost kid is such a staple of these date episodes that I was actually shocked his dad showed up almost immediately before Ichio could even do anything .

Machi is intuitive enough to recognize that something is going on between Ichiro and Shiori, so the cat's pretty much out of the bag, though thankfully rather than the doomsday scenario she's totally happy with them being together as a couple. Heck, she's even willing to allow for some lewd handholding! Based Machi !

Handholding while watching the giraffes! Shiori looks like she's on cloud 9 !

Oh hey, we finally check in on Shiori's family on their island! Seems like they're concerned that they haven't heard from Shiori since she left. Her mom seems pretty harsh, but it seems like it's just to mask how worried she is about her daughter .

Ah yes, having a pleasant day at the zoo and then coming back to realize how much work you still have left to do. I can totally relate to that .

Shiori can probably wax lyrical about why she loves Ichiro, but why does Ichiro love Shiori? I think it's probably for the same reason the audience does .

Can't beat that consensual neck rubbing .
Old 2023-05-06, 17:50   Link #44
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Sister is the best character ). I am still happy her VA got more roles recently.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-07, 09:22   Link #45
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Goshiki-san needs a more diverse wardrobe. Does she own anything in a bright color? She always looks like she's going to a wake.

Shows like this help explain Japan's low birth rate, if healthy young adults actually behave like this.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2023-05-07 at 09:46.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-07, 11:23   Link #46
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Goshiki-san needs a more diverse wardrobe. Does she own anything in a bright color? She always looks like she's going to a wake.

Shows like this help explain Japan's low birth rate, if healthy young adults actually behave like this.
Well, she did buy some new clothes in episode 2 though I guess she hasn't had much reason to wear them .
Old 2023-05-13, 14:08   Link #47
Frontier

Ichiro's manga is already benefitting from the effect of his successful love life !

Shiori's job prospects are...less than successful. Either her skills aren't as fine-tuned as they could be or she's freaking people out by calling herself a princess...it's a bit of a bummer. But luckily Ichiro is a supportive enough boyfriend to want to cheer her up, with Fumio and Machi in tow .

Shiori's first Yakiniku BBQ! A perfect outing for the family and for Shiori to learn the in and outs of Yakiniku dining !

Smol Shiori! She looked utterly adorable! Although it seems like she was really limited in what she was allowed to do on the island and couldn't hang out with other kids because she was the princess. I guess that's probably a big reason why she's as socially awkward as she is .

Shiori is so self-conscious and anxious of herself that Ichiro wants to reassure her...but where words fail him, he can only think to put pen to paper. Which starts off as a letter but turns into a full eighty-page art piece more or less. Ichiro played to his strengths, if nothing else .

Can't beat going into your girlfriends' room, seeing her in her PJ's, and then giving her a "letter" that's basically you espousing how awesome you think she is and why you fell in love with her. Shiori's tears of joy and bringing Ichiro's hand to her face afterwards were so utterly precious .

Oh, so the Jun Fukuyama artist actually knew Ichiro! And thanks to that it looks like Shiori has a new assistant job! Nice !
Old 2023-05-14, 10:18   Link #48
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Throughout the sequence where Ichiro laments his ability to use words to express his feelings, I kept thinking that there are other methods, but this being anime, the most we get is him touching Shiori's face.
Old 2023-05-14, 15:08   Link #49
grecefar

that was an awful way to grown up, that was a sad flashback for shiori and good thing she left the island.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-15, 01:15   Link #50
Lex79

Luckily we avoided the introduction of and unnedeed love rival, the other mangaka is a friend of the protagonist and learned that he and Goshiki are a couple.
Old 2023-05-20, 14:18   Link #51
Frontier

Nothing beats seeing the one you love first thing in the morning, even if you can't help but be super flustered about it !

Today's family outing involves visiting the siblings' dad at his grave! Complete with Chibi-chan tagging along! They get to check in with their dad and Shiori gets to see the family recognize their father and how sweet it is .

Oh yeah, kind of slipped my mind that Chibi didn't know they were dating. Well, cat's out of the bag now! Not that these two hide their feelings well anyways. And she gives her approval, though she kind of seems to have mixed feelings about it .

Even if the kids are pretty jovial and accepting, of course there's still a part of them that's sad their dad died, but luckily they have such a strong support system with each other. Even Shiori got to join in on comforting them! And it reminded her of the passing of her own grandmother...

Leaving the two lovebirds alone, huh? Well, Ichiro wanted a private meeting with his dad, but better Shiori tag along (complete with keeping up with him in heeled boots) especially if he's going to tell his dad about his girlfriend and how much he wants to be with her. And Shiori got to let Ichiro know that he can be open with his feelings, good or bad, especially with her .

It's like Shiori got the classic "introducing your girlfriend to your parents" moment! Complete with imagining Machi and Fumio as the dad and wearing mustaches !

Seems like Shiori's feelings got the best of her and gave her a fever, but perfect opportunity for Ichiro to be there for her and comfort her as her boyfriend. Even being by her side for the whole night, which to Shiori is the equivalent of them spending the night together. These two are such utter sweethearts .

Can't beat that good morning hug between lovers! Of course Fumi and Machi had to come in at that exact moment .

Next week it's Christmas for the couple !
Old 2023-05-20, 18:03   Link #52
grecefar

wait, did I miss something?, what happened to their mother?, they only prayed for their father. I don't remember mentions of her.

we got a hug in this chapter, I'm confident we will get a kiss.
Old 2023-05-20, 18:10   Link #53
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
wait, did I miss something?, what happened to their mother?, they only prayed for their father. I don't remember mentions of her.

we got a hug in this chapter, I'm confident we will get a kiss.
During the fathers funeral flashback at the beginning of the series it was mentioned that mother abandoned them sometimes before. I presume she left their father a couple of years prior and does not care about the kids.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-20, 18:13   Link #54
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
During the fathers funeral flashback at the beginning of the series it was mentioned that mother abandoned them sometimes before. I presume she left their father a cople of years prior and do not care about the kids.
I didn't remember that, thanks
Old 2023-05-20, 19:57   Link #55
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
During the fathers funeral flashback at the beginning of the series it was mentioned that mother abandoned them sometimes before. I presume she left their father a couple of years prior and does not care about the kids.
Yeah, if I remember right she basically said over the phone that she had her own life and couldn't take care of the kids.

Makes Shiori's mom look like mom of the year .
Old 2023-05-21, 07:14   Link #56
Lex79

When Goshiki got a fever I thought it might be another quirk of her being part alien, but it turned out something mundane instead.
Seems like the cousin could have been a love rival had the main couple not gotten together so early.
Old 2023-05-23, 16:23   Link #57
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Two of the five series I watched over this weekend had scenes where someone got sick because of being cold or wet. Apparently Japan is still in the pre-Pasteur period of medicine.
Old 2023-05-23, 19:39   Link #58
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Two of the five series I watched over this weekend had scenes where someone got sick because of being cold or wet. Apparently Japan is still in the pre-Pasteur period of medicine.
Curse that Japanese Cold .
Old 2023-05-27, 15:44   Link #59
Frontier

It's Christmas time! And 'tis the season for our main couple to pull an all-nighter so they can get their manga done in time for the deadline .

Ooh! Imagining a fancy Christmas dinner with Shiori, Ichiro? He couldn't quite bring himself to ask, but it was a pretty nice fantasy .

The family's all here! We got Moka, Sano, Fumio, Machi, and Chibi! I'm surprised Moka's husband didn't show up too but I guess he still needs to get Ichiro's manga out there. Also it's really nice how Ichiro already preordered a copy of Sano's manga. He really supports his former assistant .

Ah, so Santa only shows up in Japan once for a child before they're 10 to give them a special gift...which for Machi was her little brother. Though it looks like Santa was able to make a special visit for the two Kuga kids !

I love how Smol!Moka got a scrape and wanted a picture and little tyke Ichiro was actually worried about her! Heck, all the stories about how kind and considerate Ichiro is were nice! Especially for Shiori who just ate them all up with the biggest grin on her face !

Can't beat a sleepover among the girls! I'm kind of curious what Chibi is hiding though .

Figures Shiori would feel like she needs to be honest with Chibi and Machi if she's going to truly be friends with them...even if it's fine to keep a secret or two, even from those your closest with. Shiori even managed to get on a cute first-name basis with the two !

How long has Shiori's dad had that cast? Is his arm ever getting better? I also feel bad for him that he tried to get his wife to go out with him but Miyako wasn't biting .

Can't beat a Christmas date! Especially a Christmas light date! Or Ichiro re-affirming how serious he is about Shiori and how he intends to marry her! Why, that's basically a proposal! And Shiori is so overjoyed she can't help but finally kiss him! And on the lips at that !!!

The only thing sweeter than those two blushing over how much things are heating up between them is Shiori reflecting on the kiss and practicing to make sure she can get it right and as long as it needs to be for their next kiss. Ichiro better watch out .

Looks like Miyako wants her daughter to get back in touch...but first, hot springs! And naked Shiori !
Old 2023-05-27, 18:15   Link #60
grecefar

I expected the kiss at the last chapter, not that soon. I'm not complaining, it was a surprise.

Chibi is hiding the BL there, I'm sure.

Tags
romance, supernatural