AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-07-12, 08:22   Link #21
alex_drian

Interesting. You have my attention.

I have always find the concept of Kudoku through my time with anime/manga interesting.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-12, 12:10   Link #22
mickbis

Make me feel like watching some good old RPGMaker horror game,
definitely following this!
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-16, 15:28   Link #23
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Hmm. Keiko is probably more special then she lets on.

Spoiler for Ep02:
Old 2023-07-16, 16:27   Link #24
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Pokemon Ghostbusters fully taking form now that we saw Yayoi's room. Let's gho... ost!
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-16, 20:07   Link #25
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Hmm. Keiko is probably more special then she lets on.

Spoiler for Ep02:
This may not mean much of anything, but I also noticed she seems to always be wearing gloves.
Old 2023-07-16, 20:20   Link #26
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
This may not mean much of anything, but I also noticed she seems to always be wearing gloves.
We'll get a lot more backstory the next few episodes.

...also its Eiko not Keiko.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-16, 22:30   Link #27
grecefar

I'm liking this and it's cool that yayoi's room is cuter but more deadly than the warren's museum.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-16, 22:38   Link #28
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
The OP already give you the answer.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-16, 23:04   Link #29
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Poor Keitaro. It's like opening the door and finding a passageway to hell inside. For someone that stressed out and sensitive to the supernatural that's got to be on the level of nearly inducing vomiting. I suppose it's too early to say for sure that Eiko is blessed, but sure seems like she's fortunate to not have any way to detect how horrifying that room is. It's just a kind of weird collection of stuffed animals.

Will be interesting to get a look at what may be going on with her. There probably is something. And she isn't just going along with Yayoi purely because she's just bored, kind of feels bad for Yayoi's situation, and finds supernatural stuff kind of neat.

Honestly I half expected a twist that Yayoi purposely got Keitaro possessed by the doll so she'd have an excuse to go down there. So far she has kept him safe, but it's not to her benefit to keep him away from the supernatural like he'd prefer to be. His safety is one thing, but his wishes are another. And she'll take care of the former at least to the point of making sure he isn't killed. He wouldn't exactly be good bait at that point anyways.

I guess this one did help show the path of Yayoi reaching where she is now. Probably started using her natural allure to spirits to track down the early ones. Then when things started to get more difficult then she started smashing Jizo statues since she could then access evil spirits that were pinned down and unable to run away from her. Finding Keitaro was a stroke of luck since it's much easier to drag him to haunted locations then find more sealed evil spirits. Probably more powerful ones wouldn't yet be sealed anyways.

She should still get points for going to help Keitaro. That was definitely good. But there's still the question of how much she cares about the safety of others against her path of revenge? How realistic is her certainty that Eiko is safe in that house and that she won't lose control? Hopefully really certain. Be a shame for her to get innocent people hurt because of her war to reclaim whatever is left of her mother's spirit.
Old 2023-07-17, 10:47   Link #30
Dark Wing

Welcome to Dark Gathering Paranormal Investigations! Sensai tracks them, Loli catches them!

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2023-07-17 at 22:35.
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-23, 20:32   Link #31
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Ok, that was a good episode.

And now Keitaro is in (well probably). At the very least, he now has a reason to be in. Because this situation can offer him what he wants. It isn't just pushing him into dire circumstances for little to no reason. Yayoi's objectives can get them both what they are after. Well I suppose one of their objectives could be resolved first and not necessarily at the exact same time. But by that point whichever of them has gotten what they need will probably be motivated enough to help the other finish it.

Although really Yayoi? A bit much to presume that Keitaro was actually in for all this. True enough that from her perspective he was keeping a curse that could potentially be dealt with. But at the same time he was going through a lot to deal with his condition. But she is a bit of an oddball so I suppose it makes sense .

Confirmation that Eiko indeed was the person that got wrapped up in what happened. She wasn't getting treatment at the same time as Keitaro so I presume her symptoms differ? Or because of her severe lack of spiritual awareness she just shrugs off whatever the effects of the curse on her hand were.

I suppose it shows the good side of Yayoi that she did push herself to go after that Goddess like that. It was a reckless choice of course. She wasn't prepared for a fight of that scale. Didn't even take any of her Spirit Pokemon along with her for it . They do serve as a good way to keep her from dying, but that's all they did here. Guess she'll have to postpone the next "Gym Battle" until she's ready for it .

Solid explanation for her strategy. Even if one spirit was willing to take the hit to end things, the others with self-preservation won't let that happen. A solid means I suppose of having the prisoners guard themselves.

At least there's motivation on both sides now. Something to be gained even if this plan is dangerous.
Old 2023-07-23, 21:12   Link #32
grecefar

I really didn't like yayoi assuming things and lack of empathy.

Maybe we get a more light chapter next.
Old 2023-07-31, 10:04   Link #33
scififan

The dark story is lighter this time. The yeandere childhood friend makes the guy to investigate the haunted area. It was said to be the place of a college student's suicide. It turns out the guy was forced to suicide by his bullies. In the end, the victim already saved himself and had his revenge.

The story reminds me about the incident from ten years ago.
https://japantoday.com/category/nati...d-sons-suicide
https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/n...ckstories/379/
The online discussion about the incident was that the leader of the bullies was the grandson of a high ranking police officer. The victim of the bully is from a bully was from a poor family. His parents were said to be hushed hushed by the authority. The media was also quiet about it. To the bullies, it was just a prank. Then, a blogger revealed this coverup. It was said to be one reason Japanese anime viewers were so angry about Kokoro Connect prank incident, which happened around that time.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-31, 19:03   Link #34
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Oh boy...Eiko is something . May truly be the most messed up one of them all. No question that she does love Keitaro. But her hobbies are definitely warped and it drags him into some crazy situations. I'd guess she's always been this messed up since her photo...box seems to have pictures that stretch all the way back to Keitaro's childhood. She's in an odd position for sure. She loves scary stuff so much that she can't resist it. And she utterly relishes in how hard he struggles to protect her from those scary things. But she also doesn't want him to actually get hurt and probably does get hammered by guilt at times.

Honestly it makes the choice of whether to tackle the curse all the more complicated. In order to do that Keitaro will have to dive further into the occult. Eiko of course will relish in that and Yayoi has no problem there either. But no pun intended...but Eiko is playing with fire. She's going to keep chasing that hit of getting the best of both worlds and might get herself or Keitaro killed in the process.

Close call. Yayoi was on top of it, but the situation was definitely dangerous. They were definitely cornered there. Thankfully it worked out and that spirit got what they had coming.

Feel bad for the original victim. Was put through so much. No wonder he lashed out after death. But then the situation just kept spiraling out of control since the bully couldn't accept a bit of karma.
Old 2023-07-31, 20:42   Link #35
Dark Wing

You know they could've just had bucket of water handy....
Old 2023-07-31, 20:53   Link #36
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
You know they could've just had bucket of water handy....
I wonder if the logic there is the same as why he didn't just get completely naked? If he keeps his hand submerged or drenches it so badly it can't ignite at all then the car might be the next thing to catch fire. And a bucket of water might not be enough in that case.

At least that's my theory .
Old 2023-08-01, 12:01   Link #37
Alchemist007
*Author

Wonder if the yandere is a real characteristic or a curse of some sort.
Old 2023-08-01, 20:42   Link #38
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Wonder if the yandere is a real characteristic or a curse of some sort.
Might be way of base here, but I get feeling her relationship with Keitaro started out as simple curiosity which grew into fascination then obsession over time. I suppose he also serves a contrast to rest of Eiko life where her success is basically guaranteed due to her high talents but Keitaro brings the unknown which excites her.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-06, 14:37   Link #39
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I'm not surprised this episode had a warning at the start and message at the end. Of course it isn't exactly the first episode that touched on topics like this. But it was a big focus for sure.

And wow...yandere stalker behavior saves the day!?
Old 2023-08-06, 19:44   Link #40
grecefar

yeah, the warning was understandable. This was a pretty dark case for them, keitaro is lucky that eiko is a stalker too and yayoi is cool with it.

Tags
horror, supernatural