AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-10-22, 12:47   Link #81
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Eiko pretty much made it clear this time she is not going to become nice and tame that many viewers want her to be.
She'll just become worse from now on, and getting as ruthless as Yayoi is.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-22, 16:30   Link #82
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Eiko pretty much made it clear this time she is not going to become nice and tame that many viewers want her to be.
She'll just become worse from now on, and getting as ruthless as Yayoi is.
I thought it was the opposite. People like how she's kind of nuts, it's only Keitaro they're worried about .
Old 2023-10-22, 21:22   Link #83
grecefar

I didn't know that taira no masakado grave was a real thing, that's cool. If yaoyoi manage to have him as a ally then he should the most powerful.

nice idea to have a place to have all the graduate, it should make things easier.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-22, 23:11   Link #84
Alchemist007
*Author

That's a hell of a house.
Old 2023-10-23, 01:31   Link #85
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I suppose it was a bit much to expect Eiko to grow or anything from all this. Although I suppose going further over the edge is technically some movement in terms of her character. And even momentary hesitation shows there is some semblance of sanity in Eiko's core. She's not 100% crazy. It's just a very small voice that can easily be crushed. A useful asset to the group despite all the crazy.

Yayoi isn't leagues better, but she's not nearly so far gone. The tragedy at the core of her character acts as a better balance to reign in her less stable qualities. At least compared to Eiko that doesn't really have anything balancing her out.

Thank goodness we got an appearance from Ai in this one. Need a bit of sanity from someone connected to the main cast besides Keitaro himself. Was only a brief moment, but I'll take it.
Old 2023-10-23, 11:56   Link #86
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well I suppose it was a bit much to expect Eiko to grow or anything from all this. Although I suppose going further over the edge is technically some movement in terms of her character. And even momentary hesitation shows there is some semblance of sanity in Eiko's core. She's not 100% crazy. It's just a very small voice that can easily be crushed. A useful asset to the group despite all the crazy.

Yayoi isn't leagues better, but she's not nearly so far gone. The tragedy at the core of her character acts as a better balance to reign in her less stable qualities. At least compared to Eiko that doesn't really have anything balancing her out.

Thank goodness we got an appearance from Ai in this one. Need a bit of sanity from someone connected to the main cast besides Keitaro himself. Was only a brief moment, but I'll take it.
Cuteness and sweetness ?
Old 2023-10-29, 12:31   Link #87
Frontier

Let's Ghoooost into the possible dorm house for the Graduates! I like how Eiko is at a point where she's able to admit a part of her doesn't want to go in...but she can't help but want to! That's our Eiko .

Honestly, this is probably a very justified case of keeping your shoes on in a Japanese house. But Eiko probably should keep in mind that you should NEVER touch anything in a genuinely haunted house, lest you get drugged like all the victims the father and daughter captured and then burned alive in the well in their house. Now they're replicating the same to any ghosts that wander by so they can feed their "angel." And by angel, I mean demonic baby fetus looking to impregnate and then kill any women who wander in .

Things really did escalate for this family. They were happy and cheery and then the dad accidentally kills the mom during the argument. Mentally broken from not only losing the mother but being viewed as a family of murderers, they eventually were turned to a satanic ritual by some creepy passerby for salvation. Said salvation involving father and daughter copulating to create the first baby, which they then killed to create a body for the "angel." If you didn't think that was horrific and creepy enough, did I mention how they made an altar to that angel from the bones of their victims ?

I KNEW that thing was going to worm its way into Eiko's body at some point. Luckily Alien Doll is a true MVP! Too bad there's two others of that monstrosity waiting to dump themselves into Eiko's body and make her give birth to them .

Look at Keitaro flexing in a mirror and getting made fun of by his cute twin little sisters! He even has a little brother! Heck, even Eiko can't help but comment on his scrawniness by saying they should hit the gym together! Poor guy. Though while Keitaro couldn't physically be there to help him, just seeing him was enough to give Eiko the courage to go through with killing the demon inside her belly. There's no way she can die before her boyfriend gives her the princess carry treatment, after all ?

Of course without the final "angel" dead, the curse can't end, and unfortunately the daughter is determined to finally complete the ritual properly no matter how many women they have to sacrifice in the process to do it. Even making Eiko relieve her own horrific birthing moment .

Nice job slowing your descent in the well Eiko! It's just too bad you're trapped with the last "angel" creeping down upon you. Will Yayoi get there in time ?
Old 2023-10-29, 17:20   Link #88
grecefar

this chapter was really dark.

eiko overcomplicated things and was the main target, too much work for yayoi to keep saving her at every turn. At least keitaro is somewhat useful.
Old 2023-11-05, 12:49   Link #89
Frontier

Luckily Yayoi and the Alien Ghost show up just in time to save Eiko! We can't have Kanao killing Mitsuri after all .

I guess it shouldn't be too surprising the daughter would be more than willing to offer up the father to power up the "angel." I mean, this is all his fault, after all. Though she didn't expect the angel to consume her first...she was so desperate for something to save her, and it ends up costing her everything, even beyond death .

At least the dad realizes this was all his screw up. He knows he murdered his wife, he went along too willingly with his daughters' desperation, and in the process not only lost her in such a horrific way but also killed so many innocent people. Not to mention the incest. He doesn't really deserve peace or to be reunited with his family, and with that in mind him remaining as a hanging ghost guard of the Graduate dormhouse, because he hung himself, seems as fitting a fate for him as any .

Alien Ghost MVP! And it looks like he's slowly growing stronger and more cognizant of himself in the process. I hope that ends well once he's full powered .

They defeated the Angels and broke the curse! And they bought a house! I'd call that a win .

I love how Keitaro's little sister still watches Precure. I'm surprised they were able to outright namedrop it .

Dang, Ai can't even ride on a train without something terrible happen like the Spectre of Death derailing it to get to the God...who becomes so fascinated by it that he actually gives it tips on better using it's power and becoming stronger. As if we needed more trouble. And the Spectre of Death has the voice of a child !

I love how everyone called out Keitaro being so skinny so he goes on a jog. And then he gets two cute girls feeding him and seeing him off to bed...even if it just keeps him up. But what better way to make sure Keitaro is A-okay ?

Find a cousin who sees you have a dangerous addiction to terror and and is more than happy to feed said addiction like a gal pal .

Dang, the Spectre of Death took what the God said seriously and really upped it's game, using it's more precise power and it's childlike voice to consume Kishumonjin and become even more powerful. And all the while it's still using Yayoi's mom. But at least she has clothes now, I guess ?

Next week: Graduate #3! A courtesan spirit that is, of course, housed in an abandoned love hotel .
Old 2023-11-05, 14:31   Link #90
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

This episode revealed Yayoi's strategic mistake.
She should ignore the Lolicon God and aim for Kuubou first.
Despite its appearance, Kuubou isn't that strong. Its power is still below that of a divine spirit.
On the other hand Yayoi already have enough fire power to kill gods.
She is making the mistake of leaving Kuubou unchecked to become stronger.
Old 2023-11-05, 17:35   Link #91
grecefar

A lot to pack in this chapter too, a pretty good one in the second half after getting the house.
Old 2023-11-06, 16:52   Link #92
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Eiko really is a junkie. At this point there's only one way this all ends for her. Even if she survives this story she's going to seek out something horrible without quite enough preparation or support and that'll be it. Well I guess we can hope for the best during the life of the show and try to ignore the possibilities for after...

We're definitely seeing things get significantly worse while the main cast move on their own plans. They are just taking too much time. They left the goddess hanging long enough for that spectre to take it out and absorb it. Now getting so powerful...they don't just really want that god to power up their forces, they'll be helpless without it. Need to hurry up before that spectre takes out the god too.

It's just a total disaster out there. And all thanks to that scumbag God getting a kick out of all this.

I just don't know how this is going to go. The threat they really want to take out is actually getting way stronger due to the threat they aren't quite yet ready to go after.
Old 2023-11-12, 12:39   Link #93
Frontier

Our trio is back together again to collect another Graduate! Gotta get in as much as they can before Golden Week ends! We've even got Eiko in the most chic outdoor outfit and hairstyle !

Well, yeah, of course EIKO would know whether Keitaro had ever been to a love hotel or not...and make it very clear how much she's waiting for him to take her to one so they can finally get busy. I'm half-surprised she didn't want to bang in the haunted love hotel. Also the two college students not-so-subtly talking about sex in front of the little girl who just wants to get back to business .

A love hotel run by criminals who kidnapped a bunch of women to drug and sexually assault them until they died? Yeah, that's the perfect spot for some vengeful spirits. Or to house a courtesan graduate. And of course it means they actually need a dude, so this is right up Keitaro's alley .

Keitaro is back in the thick of it and not even two seconds into entering the place and he's caught in the love hotel's reality. Not to mention how much spirits love trying to possess him or go for his neck. Good thing Eiko always has her Kei-kun tracker on standby .

I love how the ghosts are playing out this torturous attempt to escape play act but then they all turn together when they hear Keitaro .

Dang, that courtesan knew where to hit Keitaro where it hurts! Of course if he saw Eiko in trouble he'd immediately go to help her and free her from her bindings...though she gave herself away by trying to seduce Keitaro by flashing her boobs and coming on to him. I mean, I don't think Eiko would mind showing Keitaro the real deal, but not quite like that. He's not going to be fooled by some fake boobs or some fake Eiko .

(Although to be honest I was still kind of turned on by the fake!Eiko boobs and her straddling Keitaro...)

Did HanaKana's voice transition into Yoko Hikasa's? Was she the Graduate's voice ?

Keitaro really just had to call her a "slut," huh? Like the worst thing you could call her .

The power of love saved the day! Well, their mutual curses probably helped, but either way Eiko was able to find Keitaro and help him seal the Graduate! Even share a romantic moment in the end! And now they have the Graduate's to help them catch their next haunted spectre .

HanaKana really does a great job narrating horror. Just better not to think about how many people you pass by that might be possessed by spirits .

Next week: The protagonists and antagonists converge !
Old 2023-11-12, 21:51   Link #94
grecefar

Courtesan was a little easier to get than the martyr but then again keitaro has a lot of experience now.

You know I would like to see a happy chapter when they get back to school. Just to take a break.
Old 2023-11-16, 22:49   Link #95
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I do wonder if it's a good move to go after a graduate and an S-rank in the same day. Keitaro got wrecked pretty seriously there. If anything goes wrong because they are overextending themselves...

Obviously they are out of holidays to do this. But it still seems extremely risky.

Oh well, I'm sure it'll be fine.
Old 2023-11-16, 23:35   Link #96
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I do wonder if it's a good move to go after a graduate and an S-rank in the same day. Keitaro got wrecked pretty seriously there. If anything goes wrong because they are overextending themselves...

Obviously they are out of holidays to do this. But it still seems extremely risky.

Oh well, I'm sure it'll be fine.
It's worked out well for them so far! mostly .
Old 2023-11-19, 12:36   Link #97
Frontier

That's got to be one of the most trendy and thug-looking monk's I've ever seen. Though he's not the main point of the intro, it's his colleague Oswald and his colleague Shami, who act like people who take care of spirits and are perfectly human...when they're really part of a group of spirits that have possessed human bodies and are smart enough to get away with it, including Nankobo. And they're determined to stir things up with other spirits !

(Also was that Aya Hisakawa as Shami ?)

Isn't it fun running into a celebrity you watched on TV out in the wild? I mean, you've even got Yayoi geeking out over the prospect of a celeb ghost hunter! Just a shame said ghost hunter got possessed on one of her adventures .

Aw, look at Keitaro going out of his way to support a little boy! Yayoi and Eiko are both so proud of him! Of course this is Dark Gathering, so it inevitably goes wrong

Man, this boys' story sure escalated in the most horrific and terrible ways. Boy gets stepmother. Stepmother abuses boy. Boy gets stuck on a balcony. Boy witness stepmom cheating on his dad and then having the dude she's sleeping with murder said dad. Boy ends up with his dad as meatballs and eats his dad. Stepmom goes crazy and murders her lover and the boy and turns them into meatballs. Boy turns into a vengeful ghost who channels his rage into projecting other people as his stepmom and stringing them up and killing them...and trying to feed his insatiable hunger for meatballs. Jeez .

"He's mine" - She totally wanted to consume Keitaro, huh? Well, I guess the boy saved them the trouble of taking care of the spirit possessing Shami's body. Did Yayoi realize the truth with her last words ?

I really do hope the boy at least got his real stepmom before he started targeting innocent people...I'd hate to think she got away with all this .

Looks like they're going to need their Courtesan Graduate to get through this as she makes her proper debut next week .
Old 2023-11-19, 13:44   Link #98
EroKing

Episode 20

When you think the stories can't get any more twisted but oh fucking boy it does...
Old 2023-11-19, 14:00   Link #99
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

This is the last big fight before the season end.
The shota is a Ghost/Esper hybrid pokemon at lv.60
Old 2023-11-19, 17:26   Link #100
grecefar

yeah, the boy's story was really dark. That mom was pure evil.

Tags
horror, supernatural