081 - 090: Great... 10 20.00%
071 - 080: Very Good... 13 26.00%
061 - 070: Good... 12 24.00%
051 - 060: Average... 2 4.00%
041 - 050: Below Average... 0 0%
031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: You'd rather be watching Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals... 3 6.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-06-17, 00:10   Link #1
james0246

[Anime-only] Shippuden Episode 165 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted before it airs in Japan (which is Thursday at 07:29 PM).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
    • Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.

This Week's episode:
Nine-Tails Capture Complete - 九尾捕獲完了 ~ Kyūbi hokaku kanryō.

Description:

Credits –
Animation Supervisor: Eiichi Tokura (155, 145 and 139); Yumenosuke Tokuda (A)
Storyboard: Hiroshi Kimura (139, 130 and 122)
Episode Director: Hiroshi Kimura
Screenplay: Shin Yoshida (164, 162 and 158)

Title for Next Episode:
Confession - 告白 ~ Kokuhaku.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 06:24   Link #2
neshru

Spoiler for episode summary:
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 06:38   Link #3
EoT
~~

Next episode is Hinata showdown! which I look foward to.

Found this episode rather bland..

We finally get to see Nagato in his real form.
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 06:39   Link #4
neshru

I thought it was better than the last two. There wasn't action, but I wouldn't call it bland at all.
Old 2010-06-17, 07:08   Link #5
EoT
~~

What I didn't quite get was the pa and ma required a large amount of chakra to peform their genjutsu and they had to wait to use it but if that was the case, what was the technique they used on the two summonings which was used instantly?
Old 2010-06-17, 07:13   Link #6
neshru

The technique that they used on the summons was some random low level technique, I guess. The technique they were charging in this episode was the uber genjutsu that they used with Jiraiya against Pain.
Old 2010-06-17, 07:22   Link #7
EoT
~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
The technique that they used on the summons was some random low level technique, I guess. The technique they were charging in this episode was the uber genjutsu that they used with Jiraiya against Pain.
It sounded the same but I suppose.

This episode made me sympathize with Pain quite a lot. Didn't mind the new OST either.
Old 2010-06-17, 07:30   Link #8
neshru

That wasn't a new track, actually. It was used once before, in episode 80.
Old 2010-06-17, 08:40   Link #9
kitten320

Don't remember that track, but definetly liked it this time around.

Pain keeps rocking, though his way of getting peace is twisted I can understand him.

Was nice to see Nagato and concerned Konan who mostly was emotionless almost this whole time.

EDIT: So next episode has same animation as the one with Hidan and Kakuzu VS Shikamaru and Kakashi as well as Deidara VS Sasuke?
And it is considered high quality animation? Can someone elighten me as to why that episode needs high quality animation?

And lol at the special, I kinda agree with them there. Why Hinata needs a special ending which also is so unfitting?

Last edited by kitten320; 2010-06-17 at 09:10.
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 09:14   Link #10
zaxthezax

Not much action going on in the secound half but pains monologue was executed very well IMO. The OST was fitting and it built up a good thrill. I actually liked that alot more than the shubby animation of the last few episodes.
Also next week is going to be epicness accompanied with this art director doing all the epic episodes. Cant wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
EDIT: So next episode has same animation as the one with Hidan and Kakuzu VS Shikamaru and Kakashi as well as Deidara VS Sasuke?
And it is considered high quality animation? Can someone elighten me as to why that episode needs high quality animation?
Probably not without massive spoilers :S
Better go back yourself and check out the chapters.
zaxthezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 09:20   Link #11
kitten320

Well if look at the preview, it will be Hinata centred as well as Hinata VS Pein... somehow I really doubt that she will do better than Naruto yet she will have better quality episode than main hero Naruto VS Pein 0_o

It is simply illogical...
Old 2010-06-17, 09:28   Link #12
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well if look at the preview, it will be Hinata centred as well as Hinata VS Pein... somehow I really doubt that she will do better than Naruto yet she will have better quality episode than main hero Naruto VS Pein 0_o

The answer is realy simple. Animatera love Hinata even more than Naruto. I mean just look at the fillers they make.
Old 2010-06-17, 09:30   Link #13
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:

If you read the manga, I'm sure you would know that there are other things to be animated besides Hinata.

As for why it's considered high quality animation... Animation is mostly about representing movement. It's pretty easy to see the distinction if you care to pay attention to it. Also, let's not confuse animation and style. Two very different things. You may dislike the way the characters are drawn, but the fluidity of movement is just much better, lacking much of the rigidity you can find in less stellar episodes.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 09:32   Link #14
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Quote:

It's not illogical. Naruto explained it to you in the extra bit in the end. She's got fans in high places (Naruto anime staff) Look at all the fights the very best shippuden animators have done, and you begin to realize that the character Naruto is clearly not their priority!

I'm waiting to watch the episode with a friend who's an anime-only person, but I already saw the end. It was hillarious that they have the characters address that song! I never thought I would agree with Sakura over Hinata, but her bringing up some of the points that I've heard people at this site (including myself) gripe about was great!

EDIT: I don't know if it's something they considered, but the next episode is also what one of the most popular naruto fan animation of youtube is based on. How would they look if they didn't blow a kid with photoshop and flash out of the water?

Last edited by Emilis; 2010-06-17 at 09:48.
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 09:32   Link #15
kitten320

I seriously don't get the whole Hinata obsessions... she barely appears and when she does, she is mostly useless and does nothing... not that tracking is a bad ability but still?

There are far better shy anime characters. Take same Kotomi from Clannad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilis View Post
It's not illogical. Naruto explained it to you in the extra bit in the end. She's got fans in high places (Naruto anime staff) Look at all the fights the very best shippuden animators have done, and you begin to realize that the character Naruto is clearly not their priority!

I'm waiting to watch the episode with a friend who's an anime-only person, but I already saw the end. It was hillarious that they have the characters address that song! I never thought I would agree with Sakura over Hinata, but her bringing up some of the points that I've heard people at this site (including myself) gripe about was great!
It looked like they had read fans comments and created an aniomated feedback with which I also agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
If you read the manga, I'm sure you would know that there are other things to be animated besides Hinata.

As for why it's considered high quality animation... Animation is mostly about representing movement. It's pretty easy to see the distinction if you care to pay attention to it. Also, let's not confuse animation and style. Two very different things. You may dislike the way the characters are drawn, but the fluidity of movement is just much better, lacking much of the rigidity you can find in less stellar episodes.
I'll have to re-watch those episodes and compare them with others, but thanks for pointing it out. At least I will know where to look at now
Old 2010-06-17, 09:40   Link #16
Floris
Botan!

Quote:
I seriously don't get the whole Hinata obsessions... she barely appears and when she does, she is mostly useless and does nothing... not that tracking is a bad ability but still?

There are far better shy anime characters. Take same Kotomi from Clannad.

It looked like they had read fans comments and created an aniomated feedback with which I also agree

I'll have to re-watch those episodes and compare them with others, but thanks for pointing it out. At least I will know where to look at now
No No, I do not want you to compare Hinata with Kotomi! Kotomi has a way better character then Hinata.. Anyway, The episode was good, but I laughed abit when PAIN threw a dead frog at Naruto.. I mean.. Think about it.
Floris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 09:44   Link #17
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Yarh.

163, 164, 165 all had pretty rigid animation. If you look, for example, at Naruto's cape flying about in 163, you can clearly see how they built it. It has three main keys and basically loops the animation over.

For basic fluidity in animation, the minimum is generally three-point. The eye generally fills in the rest of the movement. You can, however, obtain better quality by either adding more keyframes (More than 3), or making sure the keyframes you use don't loop and you more or less go through the trouble of making original frames for most of the capes movement before looping it.

That would add a lot to fluidity. Something you can find in 82, 85, and most likely next week in 166.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 10:22   Link #18
neshru

Quote:
It has also the same director as episode 82, which may give you a hint on what kind of episode it will be. But honestly, the only reason why Suzuki is doing this episode is because he's a big Hinata fan. He even did a FILLER episode centred around Hinata back in part 1 (it's 151, if anyone wants to check it out).
Old 2010-06-17, 10:42   Link #19
kitten320

Eeeehhhh?! 0_0
So much love for someone like her? -slams the head on the table-
Old 2010-06-17, 10:47   Link #20
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
It has also the same director as episode 82, which may give you a hint on what kind of episode it will be. But honestly, the only reason why Suzuki is doing this episode is because he's a big Hinata fan. He even did a FILLER episode centred around Hinata back in part 1 (it's 151, if anyone wants to check it out).
I'm going through the series with some friends (their first time) right now. We watched that episode yesterday . It's pretty good, but I had no idea that was Suzuki! Wow. I wish it wasn't filler so Hinata would use some of those techniques in the cannon. Who knows, maybe Suzuki will through a couple of filler scenes in next week of her shooting chakra beams at Pain
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion