AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-07-28, 16:51   Link #141
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The moment they altered Raising Heart and Bardiche's design, this ceased to be a normal retelling. You're not going to be able to watch the movie first, and then continue with A's, because you'd be wondering what the hell happened to Raising Heart and Bardiche.
Conjecture. That is a minor change, and can be considered a correction. I think (I know) far, far more significant aesthetic changes were made for the Eva remakes. They are not AU. Besides, I don't think you can possibly argue that an intelligent device becoming female could possibly be the oddest thing out of all MGLN; thus, I certainly wouldn't waste time considering why such a minor change was made if I did jump from the film to A's.
Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 16:54   Link #142
Allquall
The Not-So-Kind One

Send a message via AIM to Allquall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston View Post
Conjecture. That is a minor change, and can be considered a correction. I think (I know) far, far more significant aesthetic changes were made for the Eva remakes. They are not AU. Besides, I don't think you can possibly argue that an intelligent device becoming female could possibly be the oddest thing out of all MGLN; thus, I certainly wouldn't waste time considering why such a minor change was made if I did jump from the film to A's.
Now, if only Yunno could become Yunnoko. That would be a change that I could rally around.
Allquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 17:00   Link #143
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allquall View Post
Now, if only Yunno could become Yunnoko. That would be a change that I could rally around.
I would prefer to see the guy get trodden on in his animal form. Although, changing the gender of a device would be more easily slipped by viewers than a character that has human form. But where would the motive be?
Old 2008-07-28, 17:02   Link #144
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
I think (I know) far, far more significant aesthetic changes were made for the Eva remakes. They are not AU.
For the ReBuild movies, it's really hard to tell when it's taking place. clues have hinted at a sequel to EoE while others have hinted at it being separate from the original storyline, thus being a AU. And yes, htere were quite a bit of aesthetic changes (a good amount being awesome while some, like 01's bright green, were kinda weird ). With the redesigns for MGLN there's a good chance it will be AU-ish (Escaflowne Movie, though kinda an extreme example) rather than a continuation or placed at a random point in the current series (Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door).
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 17:05   Link #145
Allquall
The Not-So-Kind One

Quote:
I would prefer to see the guy get trodden on in his animal form. Although, changing the gender of a device would be more easily slipped by viewers than a character that has human form. But where would the motive be?
He should be Arf's chew toy.
I need a "Yunno Haterz 4EVAR" Sig.
Old 2008-07-28, 17:08   Link #146
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
For the ReBuild movies, it's really hard to tell when it's taking place. clues have hinted at a sequel to EoE while others have hinted at it being separate from the original storyline, thus being a AU. And yes, htere were quite a bit of aesthetic changes (a good amount being awesome while some, like 01's bright green, were kinda weird ). With the redesigns for MGLN there's a good chance it will be AU-ish (Escaflowne Movie, though kinda an extreme example) rather than a continuation or placed at a random point in the current series (Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door).
There is the universe of Evangelion, and then there are the decisions Anno and Gainax have come to regret, and the past they will likely sweep under the carpet while whistling. Probably so the ending is continuation-favourable, so they can suck on a market they previously closed off. I do believe Seven Arcs will do the same. Which way they will swing things, I can only guess (and hope) at.

Quote:
I'd sign up. I was going to specify a more gruesome want than for Yunno to merely be trodden on, but then decided to moderate it.

Well, I'm off for some sleep.
Old 2008-07-28, 17:13   Link #147
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
There is the universe of Evangelion, and then there are the decisions Anno and Gainax have come to regret, and the past they will likely sweep under the carpet while whistling. Probably so the ending is continuation-favourable, so they can suck on a market they previously closed off. I do believe Seven Arcs will do the same. Which way they will swing things, I can only guess (and hope) at.
It's still too early to tell and with no translation of the article nothing much to go by except pretty pictures . I just hope this won't devolve into a 'look at the pretty action scenes and explosions we can make with a big budget' type of movie. I want my character development, damn it . Although I want to see what SLB would look like on the big screen
Old 2008-07-28, 17:24   Link #148
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Conjecture. That is a minor change, and can be considered a correction.
A correction that would have been reverted in A's, shortly before the two Devices got rebuilt again. Two rebuilts, one of which the viewers didn't get to see for more then two episodes. That's bound to raise question marks.

Quote:
I think (I know) far, far more significant aesthetic changes were made for the Eva remakes. They are not AU.
Question, me not knowing anything about Evangelion, I have to ask, how many seasons does Evangelion have? And how many of them are true sequels, rather then remakes/sidestories and so on?

Quote:
Besides, I don't think you can possibly argue that an intelligent device becoming female could possibly be the oddest thing out of all MGLN; thus, I certainly wouldn't waste time considering why such a minor change was made if I did jump from the film to A's.
Bardiche's VA is still the same to me as long as we don't have official confirmation (really, this is blowing a one-line comment probably aimed at Bardiche's appearance way out of proportion). I was talking about the aesthetic changes to both Raising Heart and Bardiche, not to mention Nanoha's Barrier Jacket.

Quote:
Quote:
Just out of curiosity, but do I understand correctly that you hate Yuuno for the sole reason of him being a guy?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 17:39   Link #149
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Quote:
Question, me not knowing anything about Evangelion, I have to ask, how many seasons does Evangelion have? And how many of them are true sequels, rather then remakes/sidestories and so on?
Just covering the animated stuff:

Shin Seiki Evangelion: 26 TV episodes

Additional development scenes cut from the TV airing were included in the Japanese DVD release but not in the first ADV US release. These scenes would later be added into the 'Director's Cut' DVDs and then in the revamped 'Platinum' (Renewal of Evangelion in Japan) edition.

Death & Rebirth: summary movie created to be shown before the Evangelion movie as the movie was released a few years after the TV series ended; also contains some new scenes.

End of Evangelion (EoE): a re-telling of the ending of the Evangelion TV series (broken up into 2 parts, 25' and 26') and a continuation. While the TV series is more of the psychological happenings, this movie features what is happening in the real world as well as concluding the TV series.

ReBuild of Evangelion: A recent project headed by Anno that will feature 4 films. The first so far has been a retelling of eps 1 - 6 with some changes that have sparked speculation as to whether these movies will be a re-telling or some sort of continuation. The second movie is set to be released end of 2008.
Old 2008-07-28, 17:50   Link #150
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Send a message via MSN to Demon Eyes
Thumbs up

Quote:
I don't believe retelling implies AU. The NGE remakes aren't AU. Besides, why would an AU be necessary?

Actually, the movies are destined to be different.

We already saw a lot in 1.01 - You are not alone.

And that first thing we saw was the re-make of Ramiel! Which BTW kicked MOST ass!

Now also in the Nanoha movies, the re-make of Bardiche is the first step. Who knows what's in store for us!

Oh God, it even gets more awesome the more we talk about it!

Now we are comparing it to EVA!

Which also makes me speculate that (Or hoping) they revisit Asuka and Rei's relationship. <- 9mil points for this. oh, the pawar of Fandom!

FABULOUS!
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 17:51   Link #151
Allquall
The Not-So-Kind One

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, but do I understand correctly that you hate Yuuno for the sole reason of him being a guy?
No, I am very far from being a man-hater. I guess I hate what the creators did to him. The first shot that introduces us to the character (and to the series) in S1 is him failing to seal a jewel seed with the same ID that Nanoha handles easily. He is so defeated that a nine year old has to rescue him in his ferret-state. Then, he's forced on the audience as a love interest especially in StrikerS where we have two major scenes of blushing that are just out of place (but there were many of those types of scenes in StS). If the creators wanted to give Nanoha relationship potential, they should have used Chrono's character where they have equal power, but that's my twopence. Frankly, Nanoha's character is better off relationship-less in canon, because it keeps everyone guessing and everyone anticipating.

Back on topic and off of my ranting derail, I am wondering if they will bring in Raising Heart's origins. Will it still come from Yunno, and where did he get it from?
Old 2008-07-28, 18:30   Link #152
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

I don't think they will chance that!

Since it would mean explaining all the other devices too.

But since Fate created Bardiche, maybe that means that all the other mages created theirs too?

Also, having cooled down a little and reading more info about this, apparently, Nanoha and Fate will be rivals! I don't understand what this means since they were just that in the beginning.

Maybe Super Befriending? And more opportunities to GET IT ON!

After all, most generic M/F couples start out as rivals!

Are we going for Combo Breaker here ))))))) ?

I love Nanoha! Never stops surprising!
Old 2008-07-28, 18:38   Link #153
Karlaxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pctoken View Post
This is the best news i have heard all year. I would have liked better if it was a movie of the events in between A's and StrikerS, but i won't complain at this either.

Their new devices and clothes also look awsome. Gogo Nanoha!
Yeah, 6 years is kinda a big gap...

But this is amazing, I didn't expect anyone to know this anime...lmao I watched this back in February-April. Memory lane.
Karlaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 18:39   Link #154
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Eyes View Post
But since Fate created Bardiche, maybe that means that all the other mages created theirs too?
Actually, Fate didn't create her Device. Precia's familiar, Linith (sp?), did if I recall correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Eyes View Post
Also, having cooled down a little and reading more info about this, apparently, Nanoha and Fate will be rivals! I don't understand what this means since they were just that in the beginning.
Which is what we've been saying: this movie will be a re-telling of the first season with new designs and such. We just don't know how much they will be changing storywise yet.
Old 2008-07-28, 18:43   Link #155
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Actually, Fate didn't create her Device. Precia's familiar, Linith (sp?), did if I recall correctly.
Pretty sure that's right. And if mages always without exception make their own devices (not true anyways; see also the Revolver Knuckles of the Nakajima siblings, and for that matter all the devices the Forwards use), then suddenly Yuuno's... what's the word... competence drops even further than the Yuuno-haters would have you believe for designing a device he couldn't use in the first place.

I have a pet theory that RH is an ancient artifact Yuuno dug up, a relic of Belka used by a powerful mage, perhaps a paladin skilled in the usage of white magic. Nanoha has an identical affinity for white magic, which is why RH responds so readily to her and not to Yuuno, who is a fairly good mage in his own right, all lack of offensive magic aside.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 18:50   Link #156
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Looks like we have an update on the premise of the film. AnimeNewsNetwork posted an article on the upcoming film, slated for "Winter 2008." The article mentions that:

Franchise creator Masaki Tsuzuki emphasized that the movie is not necessarily the "true history" of the story, but a "new parallel history."

The article in its entirety can be found here.
Old 2008-07-28, 19:08   Link #157
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Looks like we have an update on the premise of the film. AnimeNewsNetwork posted an article on the upcoming film, slated for "Winter 2008." The article mentions that:

Franchise creator Masaki Tsuzuki emphasized that the movie is not necessarily the "true history" of the story, but a "new parallel history."

The article in its entirety can be found here.
There is a *NEW* in there and Ladies and gentlemen, that is all I needed to know.
Old 2008-07-28, 19:56   Link #158
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

A movie?

Well, the oprtunity of Nanoha to fix the mess that the creators made on StrikerS or fall even deeper

Although, something tells me that the movie is going to be good (at least that is what I expect)

Maybe it will be situated on Nanoha's teenages days (I hope)
Old 2008-07-28, 20:27   Link #159
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

I should have said this earlier, but after this movie, depending on the developments, the OC Thread is gonna get EVEN MORE timelines than before. Now we already have 2 continuities, we're gonna get at least 1-2 more.

Cadia 40K posts TOTSUGEKI!!!
Old 2008-07-28, 21:21   Link #160
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So there are unconfirmed rumors going around that the studio animating Nanoha the Movie will be....

Production I.G.?

Here's one rumor I wish is TRUE!!!!!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movie