AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-07-21, 03:40   Link #941
aolas
King Of The Night Sky
*Graphic Designer

@cat & rick:thanks for the help, i'll try it. cookie for you too^^ & for KiNa too^^
aolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 04:35   Link #942
saphyre

Whenever I cut an image out of the background of a jpeg to make into a transparent gif, I always get these white outlines around the image when I go to Optimize. I realised that the outline was the same colour as the Matte, but when I change it to none the image just disappears.
Is there anyway to make this transparent?

Here is an example of what I mean:

Original:
Spoiler for image:

Optimize:
Spoiler for image:
saphyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 07:26   Link #943
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

GIF format doesn't support partial transparency - can't "fade" away. Use PNG format instead
Old 2008-07-22, 09:35   Link #944
saphyre

Yeah but the thing is, it's animated. :P
saphyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 09:40   Link #945
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Well then, if you still want the fade away look, then you should just choose the same background colour as on the forum/anywhere you will use it. That way it will kinda look like it's transparent.
Old 2008-07-22, 12:21   Link #946
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Not True!

The forum has multiple skins with multiple backgrounds. You may see it transparent, others won't. If it's a signature, just make sure the edges are seperated from the image and of a different format, that permits the transparency. In the case of a avatar, KiNA's advice to getting as close enough to smooth edges as posible is all that can be done.
Old 2008-07-23, 04:31   Link #947
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Can some1 render the white background in an SOS icon for me (eg. this one http://i40.piczo.com/view/3/s/x/f/7/...34_94747_4.png)

I tried to follow the guide in the 1st page , but because all the modeled pictures were removed so it's really hard to follow >_O

If it's too time-consuming then just tell me, i will start to look for a different guide when i have time =]

PS: i has been wondered if posts like these should be in the avatar requested or in this one,
Old 2008-07-23, 04:48   Link #948
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Hmm well there's a simple way to do it using calculations, with outh really bothering with anything, since the background is white. I don't have photoshop installed at the moment so it's kinda hard for me to write one.

Maybe KiNA or someone else can help...
Old 2008-07-23, 05:36   Link #949
SweetHoney
~Nanchatte Renai
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Can some1 render the white background in an SOS icon for me (eg. this one http://i40.piczo.com/view/3/s/x/f/7/...34_94747_4.png)

I tried to follow the guide in the 1st page , but because all the modeled pictures were removed so it's really hard to follow >_O

If it's too time-consuming then just tell me, i will start to look for a different guide when i have time =]

PS: i has been wondered if posts like these should be in the avatar requested or in this one,
I'm not sure what you excatly want. If it's something like this,

^Click for bigger image

If it is there is a simple way for plain backgrounds. Though sometimes it can take little or more of the background it all depends on the tolerance of the easy tool magic wand.

You could use eraser tool but you could easily erase the image we want to keep.

There is also the pen tool which in my opinion works better on both basic colour backgrounds and others. But you should have basic knowledge of the pen tool before attempt rendering with it.

So bascially if I were you open up the image in Photoshop/Gimp *whichever program you use* and select the magic wand and have it set on a resonable tolerance that isn't to small and leaves left over white speckles or takes pixels from the image.

I had the tolerance set around 30 to render the logo for you and then make sure you save it as a PNG. & you should be set to go.

If this isn't what you want I'm sorry, but if it is and you want more elaboration on it I could write you a step by step tut on it for you
Old 2008-07-23, 07:03   Link #950
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

It is exactly what i want and a step to step guide will be appreciated as long as it won't cost you too much time =]

Thank you for the SOS-dan logo

PS: I have both Photoshop and ImageReady
Old 2008-07-23, 07:26   Link #951
SweetHoney
~Nanchatte Renai
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
It is exactly what i want and a step to step guide will be appreciated as long as it won't cost you too much time =]

Thank you for the SOS-dan logo

PS: I have both Photoshop and ImageReady
Oh it's no trouble at all for me, I always well usually have Photoshop open so it's just a matter of Print Screening it and showing others how to do it

It's actually really easy and hopefully simple guide to follow how to render plain backgrounds. So we'll use the SOS-dan image again since I've already done it.

First of all open up the image in Photoshop and select the magic wand or if you have knowledge of the pen tool you could use that instead.

The slowly piece by piece select the white background and delete it by pressing the 'delete' key on your keyboard.

Keep doing that until all the white background has been removed.

Then save it as a PNG. Or if you want to re-size the image without making it squishy or anything have constrain prop. on while going to Image-Image Size.

Then you should have something like this.

Tip: This also plays a main factor with the way the picture will turn out once it has been rendered.

Hope this at least helped you out in a way risingstar
Old 2008-07-23, 08:39   Link #952
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

When it was explained clearly out by you it does look simple (and make me feel silly to ask such question..)

Great thank there =]
Old 2008-07-24, 01:29   Link #953
aolas
King Of The Night Sky
*Graphic Designer

uum thanks again for cat & rick for the help, i already make the sig, this's the result:

but now the problem is, it size exceed animesuki limit, i want to slice it, but i think there's no non-animated part of this sig. and if i modified it, it will reduce the pic quality
aolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 02:02   Link #954
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Thats a very good result, you can try with less frames maybe, or maybe less height
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 21:25   Link #955
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aolas View Post
uum thanks again for cat & rick for the help, i already make the sig, this's the result:

but now the problem is, it size exceed animesuki limit, i want to slice it, but i think there's no non-animated part of this sig. and if i modified it, it will reduce the pic quality
Wow, God work there

I sence that the glasses move a bit slow, as KiNA said, tryto reduce the frames or make the sig a bit more small
Old 2008-07-26, 12:51   Link #956
Kaix
[. . .]

Lightning Animation from scratch

Hi everybody. I'll be trying to explain how to make a lightning bolt and animate it out of scratch, only using basic photoshop filters and animation techniques. I tried making the explanations as clear as possible, but there might be places where they are a bit... bad. So if something seems unclear or anything, just ask!

Hopefully, by the end of the tutorial you should be able to do something like this:

(Not AS Safe for demonstrative purpose)

Spoiler for Tutorial:

Kaix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 20:06   Link #957
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai the Reaper View Post
Hi everybody. I'll be trying to explain how to make a lightning bolt and animate it out of scratch, only using basic photoshop filters and animation techniques. I tried making the explanations as clear as possible, but there might be places where they are a bit... bad. So if something seems unclear or anything, just ask!

Hopefully, by the end of the tutorial you should be able to do something like this:

(Not AS Safe for demonstrative purpose)

Spoiler for Tutorial:
Awesome Tutorial Kai,nice and easy to understeand, here is my outcome

Old 2008-07-26, 21:34   Link #958
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

If you want several lightning at once, substituting the first gradient step with render->cloud first should work too
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-27, 02:21   Link #959
Kaix
[. . .]

@Evil Rick: Thanks. And the result looks good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
If you want several lightning at once, substituting the first gradient step with render->cloud first should work too
The only disadvantage to that is that you can't control the lightning's direction.

Alternatively, to get more lightning in one go, set the mode of the gradient tool to difference and just do more gradients. It's a little tricky at times though.

Kaix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 20:45   Link #960
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Or jus use the Almathera lighting tool XP

Tags
avatar, graphic, photoshop, signature