AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Old 2008-08-21, 12:16   Link #21
ApostleOfGod
^.^

This is going to be FIRE.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 12:38   Link #22
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

This is a big surprise since the anime was changed greatly from the manga by the end. I am really curious what they are going to do with the story, nevertheless this is a great news. Also I guess the mods have to take out FMA section from the retired section.
Old 2008-08-21, 13:06   Link #23
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Moon Phase is saying that it is a reboot adaptation of the manga, and will be a year long TV series like the first series. It'll air starting in April 2009 on the new GeassR2/00SecondSeries slot on TBS and MBS on Sundays.

Moon Phase has never been wrong before, and he's spilled the beans for tons of stuff before they're formally announced, so there's no reason to think this isn't 100% true.
Basically a 50s episode series? I wonder how will it end. As far as I know, the manga is still ongoing. What will happen once the anime catches up with the manga again? Original ending again like the first series?
Old 2008-08-21, 13:42   Link #24
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Basically a 50s episode series? I wonder how will it end. As far as I know, the manga is still ongoing. What will happen once the anime catches up with the manga again? Original ending again like the first series?
The manga won't catch up again. It's on chapter 86 now, and the author has already said that the manga will not be over 100 chapters. Why do you think they're doing this now of all times?
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 13:53   Link #25
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

So the manga is in final stage? I definitely need to catch up now
Old 2008-08-21, 14:13   Link #26
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
So the manga is in final stage? I definitely need to catch up now
Yeah it's been in endgame phase for a few months now. Everything is building up to the final confrontation.
Old 2008-08-21, 14:21   Link #27
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Oh god...Im gonna die...hearing Romi Paku as Ed again...cant breathe...

Ok hoping for a good manga adaption this time around though I still love the "first" vers as well. But really, I dont care, Ive missed FMA too much and want moar~~
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 14:35   Link #28
testorschoice

Quote:
Moon Phase is saying that it is a reboot adaptation of the manga, and will be a year long TV series like the first series. It'll air starting in April 2009 on the new GeassR2/00SecondSeries slot on TBS and MBS on Sundays.

Moon Phase has never been wrong before, and he's spilled the beans for tons of stuff before they're formally announced, so there's no reason to think this isn't 100% true.
Actually Moon Phase Zakki has been wrong several times before. For example, Moon Phase Zakki posted the Ichigeki Sacchuu!! Hoihoi-san report that turned out to be faked, and it reported Code Geass R2's premiere date and timeslot a few times incorrectly before getting it right. That why the page warns in red letters at the very top that it includes "rumors" and "speculation," and therefore it "absolutely does not guarantee the authenticity of the information."

The main Moon Phase site itself is very reliable, but the separate Moon Phase Zakki page is less reliable. Moon Phase Zakki is good, but not perfect. That Fullmetal Alchemist report is on the Zakki page.
testorschoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 14:45   Link #29
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by testorschoice View Post
Actually Moon Phase Zakki has been wrong several times before. For example, Moon Phase Zakki posted the Ichigeki Sacchuu!! Hoihoi-san report that turned out to be faked, and it reported Code Geass R2's premiere date and timeslot a few times incorrectly before getting it right. That why the page warns in red letters at the very top that it includes "rumors" and "speculation," and therefore it "absolutely does not guarantee the authenticity of the information."

The main Moon Phase site itself is very reliable, but the separate Moon Phase Zakki page is less reliable. Moon Phase Zakki is good, but not perfect. That Fullmetal Alchemist report is on the Zakki page.
It really depends on whether you know how to read his blog. He usually sources stuff when they are "rumored". If he's reporting on something that's circulating, it can be faked. When he's stating that he heard from someone in the industry or from a source, it's pretty much never wrong. R2's premiere date and timeslot were CHANGED, if you've been following the development of the series. He was definitely right, it's just that the details changed. The FMA information he has this time is solid.

Edit: I don't mean to say it isn't a "rumor", just that I'm pretty sure of this piece of information. Things can change of course, but we should see some solid info coming out within 1-2 months.

Last edited by duckroll; 2008-08-21 at 14:57.
Old 2008-08-21, 15:03   Link #30
testorschoice

Quote:
It really depends on whether you know how to read his blog. He usually sources stuff when they are "rumored". If he's reporting on something that's circulating, it can be faked. When he's stating that he heard from someone in the industry or from a source, it's pretty much never wrong. R2's premiere date and timeslot were CHANGED, if you've been following the development of the series. He was definitely right, it's just that the details changed. The FMA information he has this time is solid.

Edit: I don't mean to say it isn't a "rumor", just that I'm pretty sure of this piece of information. Things can change of course, but we should see some solid info coming out within 1-2 months.
Actually, Moon Phase Zakki didn't mark the Ichigeki Sacchuu!! Hoihoi-san report as "rumored" in the beginning but it was fake anyways. As the Code Geass R2's shifting premiere points out, what is "true" now may be incorrect in the end. Moon Phase Zakki is often right (and it does vouch for the authenticity of its FMA source), but that's different from claiming that "it has never been wrong before" and is "100% true." Even the blog doesn't claim that.
testorschoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 15:07   Link #31
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by testorschoice View Post
Actually, Moon Phase Zakki didn't mark the Ichigeki Sacchuu!! Hoihoi-san report as "rumored" in the beginning but it was fake anyways. As the Code Geass R2's shifting premiere points out, what is "true" now may be incorrect in the end. Moon Phase Zakki is often right (and it does vouch for the authenticity of its FMA source), but that's different from claiming that "it has never been wrong before" and is "100% true." Even the blog doesn't claim that.
Yeah that's true, I probably shouldn't be overselling on the reliability of the blog.
Old 2008-08-21, 19:33   Link #32
BigGimp77

If they restart and retell manga, then this is an awesome announcement.

I started reading the manga figuring that the untold story line would never see animation. I might have to hold off on the manga now until we see if the Moon Phase story is true. I hate watching an anime where I know what's going to happen lol.
BigGimp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 23:20   Link #33
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Knocking on wood for Ed and Winry to get intimate. ^^

In fact, that has to be one of the major reasons to make this. They never capitalised on it originally and they're now waking up to the fact that it is a popular couple that people want to see happening.

As for the sudden differences from where the anime ended at and the manga went, sounds like a job for the ol' 'Deus Ex Machina'. lol j/k.
Last Sinner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 23:27   Link #34
Echoes

I'll be very much looking forward to this. Full Metal Alchemist is still a nostalgic and fond memory in my mind.
Old 2008-08-22, 00:12   Link #35
gabbytay
Banned

OMFG!!!! i've been waiting for this. Its a good thing they left the movie open.(kinda).And i hope its a sequel to the movie.
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 01:27   Link #36
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post
OMFG!!!! i've been waiting for this. Its a good thing they left the movie open.(kinda).And i hope its a sequel to the movie.
I hope not! God knows we don't need anymore Nazi plotlines in another anime. I think a reboot of the series would be fine in that fact that the anime never really touched on Xing's existance.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 01:40   Link #37
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

Wow oh my god I never expected there will be a second FMA. The original series was really good too for me, but others have said the manga is way better, and to make a new series completely based on it is like a dream come true (like, finally-Berserk-gets-a-continuation- kind of feeling ).
Old 2008-08-22, 08:36   Link #38
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I wonder how they'll animate Rentanjutsu? A different colour code?
Old 2008-08-22, 09:51   Link #39
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://www.aniplex.co.jp/hagaren/news/index.html#080822

There's going to be a Spring event for FMA on 4th April 2009 celebrating the FMA box set as well as having new "special footage" probably from the new series. Confirmed guests include Park Romi and Rie Kugimiya, so it looks like Al and Ed's voices are going to be retained at least. Fans don't need to worry about rioting.
Old 2008-08-22, 10:15   Link #40
Zoe

Holy crap, that box is expensive. It's not even a complete BD box!

Anyway, I'm fully expecting this to be a remake
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, shounen